This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
You're not really listening to us. More like, you don't see what you like and you just disregard it even though they are facts. You're the one calling them men. Cyclonus is genderless, that's a fact. Tailgate is genderless, that is a fact. Roberts started these developments before we even knew about caminea (spelt wrong I know) so the only bot with a gender at that time in IDW was Arcee and she was having more fun being prowls little assassin.

You're seeing this as you want to see it (in a sense of seeing something that isn't there) this is all on you.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby 1984forever » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:32 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:You're not really listening to us. More like, you don't see what you like and you just disregard it even though they are facts. You're the one calling them men. Cyclonus is genderless, that's a fact. Tailgate is genderless, that is a fact. Roberts started these developments before we even knew about caminea (spelt wrong I know) so the only bot with a gender at that time in IDW was Arcee and she was having more fun being prowls little assassin.

You're seeing this as you want to see it (in a sense of seeing something that isn't there) this is all on you.

If Cybertonians had no gender it would have translated over from Cybetronian as the word "it" and not "he"! Why use the word "guys" to refer to a bunch of Cybertonians but never "gals"? Why would one of the Scavengers have an issue with how his Holomatter generator displayed gender when in disguise if he himself has no gender?

These Cybertonians self identify as male and the members on this site refer to them as such, as does the majority of the public. Trying to make these characters genderless after 30yrs is extremely flawed and unpopular.
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:06 pm

They are genderless as the comics have said so. It's a fact. You may not like, others may not like it but up until it's retconned it is what it is. Now the other side of what your saying is perception, which is again on the reader. You see them as male, I see them as just robots having fun and trying to put the past behind them. See how easy it is to leave their gender out of it.

Also, perception aside, the other thing about genderless is pronouns which if you accept this line: "they are genderless but for sake of ease were just going to call them he's but that's for our sake"

A lot of this I've explained above
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:04 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Roberts may be "God" to MTMTE, but you have to remember Barber is his editor and Hasbro must approve what he does. There was a thing for issue 15 where he wasnt sure if hasbro would let him put "I love you" as Rewinds last words, but they were all for it! And on top of that, when he started the book, Arcee was the only female (and not in his book). To him, females did not exist until issue 25 or so when Windblade and crew were introduced, and not overly again until issue 41 where Thunderclash was found, and even so he has only chosed 2 females: Nautica and Velocity.

And since the robots are genderless (they have no need to have them since they cannot reproduce), they really do not need to call each other he or she. it is he just because it is the most common use of those 2. And now that we have shes, it's really not that big of a difference since there really isnt a difference between them except chassis design and pronouns.

And also: Roberts is fully aware of what may be bad. In the original issue 31, Nautica had a different spark type, but roberts went in and edited that out so as to not make females different like that. He is aware of things (and so is Barber), and the direction they are taking is ok.

And please, enough with the argument about boys and adults. They are all experienced and have been online a good bit, and they learn quickly, as Getaways preview for issue 48 shows. Size does not matter. Neither does the avatar. They can be whatever they want! And the avatars are for disguising as other races which do have genders for different roles, so they need to have gender there :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:38 am

Great point about the avatars d-max, I completely missed that argument
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby 1984forever » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:58 am

We have seen many examples in the past of how Transformers avatars reflect aspects of their personalities or reader perception of them. For example-

Tailgate hasn't experienced much in life, so he's shown as a baby.
Megatron, old crime lord
Hot Rod, cool young man
Nightbeat, Detective

IDWs gender Retcon doesn't make sense. Jhiaxus wants to introduce gender to Cybertronians who they (IDW, Jhiaxus) claim were genderless, so Jhiaxus automatically thinks to alter a Cybertronian to appear feminine Instead of just adding sex organs to the test subject to make it truly male? IMO a robot with any sort of organs instead of mechanical parts is stupid. I'm not condoning this.

I don't trust IDW, Hasbro or Takara. Kiss players shows that there is a history of officially sanctioned perversion in the Transformers brand.
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:47 am

I...I am at a loss of words...

I've never seen such a display of paranoia in a kids brand franchise. My hat is off to you 84forever or it would be if I wore hats. They don't have sex organs as there is no point to them in this universe or any other. How many times must we do this till it becomes clear that you have created your own bogeyman.

It's almost like you don't like how well this series is doing or how well the tf brand as a whole is doing so you try to create a new things that aren't there to complain about.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:59 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
ZeroWolf wrote:I...I am at a loss of words...

I've never seen such a display of paranoia in a kids brand franchise. My hat is off to you 84forever or it would be if I wore hats. They don't have sex organs as there is no point to them in this universe or any other. How many times must we do this till it becomes clear that you have created your own bogeyman.

It's almost like you don't like how well this series is doing or how well the tf brand as a whole is doing so you try to create a new things that aren't there to complain about.

Well he has not been a fan of anything since 84, and considering how different this is (the war is over after all and Furman's not around) we shouldn't be too surprised. Although the thing about creating your own bogeyman does make sense. He has always stated how much he hated MTMTE (yet keeps following it with us) and IDW needs to lose the license, and now he does not trust Hasbro or takara and uses examples of something extremely strange from a long time ago that was in Japan (where: look at their anime and tell me what's normal there), so this is just a pointless argument with someone who does not want this book to do well and who just wants to find anything to blow up.

On a better note: Dying of the Light begins in 3 months! only 3 issues away! DJD V. Lost Light coming at us! :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:44 am

Agreed, he'll find fault with anything.

Looking forward to the showdown with the djd but I am wondering who will make it out alive. In a way I want a lot of deathsarus crew to make it out alive as I think they have fun potential down the road, especially if they give us liokaiser.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:49 am

ZeroWolf wrote:Agreed, he'll find fault with anything.

Looking forward to the showdown with the djd but I am wondering who will make it out alive. In a way I want a lot of deathsarus crew to make it out alive as I think they have fun potential down the road, especially if they give us liokaiser.

Well, issue 50 is a 2-parter part 1 to the Dying Light, so who knows what will happen. As for deaths: I'm willing to bet that at least 1 bridge crew member will die, as will several other crew members of varying knowledge. I feel like Cyclonus, Tailgate, Getaway, Swerve or Chromedome will bite the dust here. Plus we may only have a few DJD deaths and some generic deaths, such as in Prime's season finale (only Megs and Bee died, and both were revived after a sort of time)

I feel like Megs is gonna come close to dying, like nearly sacrificing himself for Rodimus or Magnus (to avoid another Trailcutter) and that Megs will kill at least of the DJD (maybe Kaon since he killed TC). Either way, there is gonna be battle, and there will be death.

I am also really hoping the protectobots/mirage and ratchet/drift return in time for the showdown. Gives the Lost Light both its medics back and a combiner to face that large force (plus we would get Defensor drawn up right). If so, I feel Drift would bite the dust there too if that came to be.

Either way, we are headed for some epic stuff :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:22 pm

Yes, though I hope Roberts picks some epic music to go along with it. I'm not sure drift would get it so soon after coming back. If chromedome goes I want it to be alongside rewind. I can see brainstorm biting the bullet as a way of making up for all the chaos he caused.

Speaking of, I wonder if megatron would be tempted to try and use time travel tech
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:28 pm

Good point about Brainstorm. And it would make sense (or maybe, Brainstorm will also claim his first life by his own hand and destroy someone). And i have no clue what the deal is with that last time case, but who knows where that can go. Also, we might finally find out who agent 113 was (or still is....) :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 Full Preview

Postby Va'al » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:07 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
What's coming up next week by IDW Publishing, you ask? Two new releases, with the lull before the storm of issue #50 taking place in More Than Meets the Eye #47 - check out the full preview below, and head back after its release for the Seibertron.com review!

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47
James Roberts (w) • Brendan Cahill (a) • Alex Milne (c)
FRIENDSHIP ISN'T MAGIC! TAILGATE has a choice to make—and if he had any idea what was at stake, he'd think twice before making it. The crew is ripped apart as MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE begins the sprint towards its shocking 50th issue!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
You thought things looked bad for the Lost Light crew before?
You haven’t seen anything yet.
FINAL ISSUE!
Just kidding, there’s more next month!
Variant WRECKERS cover by Brendan Cahill!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Bounti76 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:56 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I can't be the only one who wants Tailgate to choose Cyclonus.... Getaway smacks of very awkward and manipulative desperation. Even if he is just intensely lonely, he's done some shady crap to cozy up to Tailgate.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 379
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby CombaticonsCombine? » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:51 am

Motto: "<:: Cavolo. ::>"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
I have a feeling that Cyclonus is literally a panel away.
At the start, I was kinda done with the whole relationships thing, but this is starting to get pretty interesting.
CombaticonsCombine?
Minibot
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Va'al » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:00 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
At this point, I really don't think it's a question of choosing, but rather of get Getaway the F*** away from anyone, the manipulative little creep. I am in no way less sickened by his behaviour than I was last time I talked about this.

*shudders*
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby 1984forever » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:00 am

Now Getaway is dressing little Tailgate up.

Just ... Wow.
Last edited by 1984forever on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby ebonyleopard » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:26 am

Motto: ""Never underestimate the stupid.""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Wow, congrats. Never in my wildest imagination did I ever think someone could make a Transformer come off as being stalker creepy (which is one hand intriguing and on the other hand kinda sad, because Getaway was one of my favorite Powermaster toys).
ebonyleopard
Minibot
News Credits: 4
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:05 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Yikes... Getaway's earning his doctorate in "romance-driven creepy manipulation".

I like how Cyclonus is begrudgingly accepting he has a thing for Tailgate.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:15 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Yikes... Getaway's earning his doctorate in "romance-driven creepy manipulation".

I like how Cyclonus is begrudgingly accepting he has a thing for Tailgate.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Optimizzy » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:11 am

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
wasnt getaway working as an assassin or something? I tend to think Getaway has a very specific purpose here and although he is creepy and awkward I'd caution against underestimating him. He seems like he has some ulterior goal in mind. This looks less of a love triangle and more like manipulating an asset.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Glarryg » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:42 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Getaway's creepiness is compounded by the fact that Tailgate has this "small and naive, and therefore childlike" atmosphere about him, which Getaway seems to be taking advantage of. Eww.

Cyclonus, on the other hand, is being himself the whole time, without any air of deception or manipulation. It's nice when writers can get us to root for the "bad guys."

Glarryg
The battle rages on...
Looking for: Netflix/ER Soundwave
Glarryg
Targetmaster
Buy from Glarryg on eBay
Alt Mode: Bitter Old Man
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 1

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:56 pm

Cyclonus is literally only a panel away in my opinion, and this is about to turn into world war Tailgate. Things are about to heat up really fierce :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby LE0KING » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:50 pm

Motto: "Even demons run when a good man goes to war."
Weapon: Twin Swords
I get the feeling getaway is going to ask tailgate to mess with his mind. Maybe make him forget the story he just told him. :HEADHURTS:
LE0KING
Vehicon
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby Shuttershock » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:08 pm

You know, people often use words like "naïve" and "innocent" to describe Tailgate.

I'm gonna go with "gullible idiot".
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #13 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 AUG220189 13B (CA) Booth"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #328 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JAN220302 328B (CA) Giangiordano"
SPAWN #328 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #269 Cvr B  retro Image Comics 2024 0823IM433 269B (W/A/CA) Larsen"
NEW!
SAVAGE DRAGON #269 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #8 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JAN220274 8B (CA) Aguillo (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #10 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUL220234 10B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #10 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VAMPIRELLA SHADOWHAWK Creatures of the Night #1 Harris Image Comics TPB 220315A"
VAMPIRELLA SHADOWH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #268 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0723IM805 268A (W/A/CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #268 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Joker MAN WHO STOPPED LAUGHING #3 Cvr F Spawn DC Comics 2022 AUG229545 3F Daniel"
Joker MAN WHO STOP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #10 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 MAY220227 10A (CA) Keane"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #30 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM261 30A (CA) Failla"
NEW!
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #10 Cvr B Dynamic Forces DF Image Comics 2024 (CA) Haeser 240210B"
KING SPAWN #10 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #18 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAR230181 18A (CA) Bogdanovic (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #18 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #12 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 SEP220309 12B (CA) Giangiordano (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #12 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #22 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAR230144 22B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #22 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON