This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

2016 Generations Platinum sets

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby galvatron00 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:53 pm

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
shajaki wrote:
LegendaryAntiHero wrote:Me too, Hasbro needs to make a purple vintage G1 Galvatron repaint
Theres old D62S that I mentioned, but I'm with Amelie, that's too light. Give me a darker bluer shade, not "light urple". Look it up :-D
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby shajaki » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:59 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
itscramtastic wrote:Theres old D62S that I mentioned, but I'm with Amelie, that's too light. Give me a darker bluer shade, not "light urple". Look it up :-D

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
itscramtastic wrote:
shajaki wrote:
LegendaryAntiHero wrote:Me too, Hasbro needs to make a purple vintage G1 Galvatron repaint
Theres old D62S that I mentioned, but I'm with Amelie, that's too light. Give me a darker bluer shade, not "light urple". Look it up :-D

The extra dark purple blend myst have broken the bank for Takara back then :lol:
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Agamemnon » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:09 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
shajaki wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:Theres old D62S that I mentioned, but I'm with Amelie, that's too light. Give me a darker bluer shade, not "light urple". Look it up :-D

In general, I'm in agreement. (I own Hasbro's G1 Galvy, after all.) But, if we are wishing for a re-issue anyway, why not wish for one even more screen accurate.

Truthfully, I thought that Takara re-issue too lavender... Makes me think Galvy is sweet and nice...
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Skill: 8

Postby megatronus » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:12 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
fenrir72 wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:
shajaki wrote:

The extra dark purple blend myst have broken the bank for Takara back then :lol:

Someone has a problem with light urple????
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby LegendaryAntiHero » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:00 am

fenrir72 wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:
shajaki wrote:

I thought painting it silver costed Takara more than painting it a darker bluer color
Like More than Meets the Eye on Facebook
Please sub to my Youtube for Transformers video reviews
http://www.youtube.com/LegendaryAntiHero
LegendaryAntiHero
Pretender
Watch LegendaryAntiHero on YouTube

Postby galvatron00 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:11 am

Agamemnon wrote:
shajaki wrote:

In general, I'm in agreement. (I own Hasbro's G1 Galvy, after all.) But, if we are wishing for a re-issue anyway, why not wish for one even more screen accurate.

Truthfully, I thought that Takara re-issue too lavender... Makes me think Galvy is sweet and nice...
I love my G1 Galvatron, he's probably in the best shape of all of my heavily played with G1s. And I would LOVE to own D62S, so no problems with "light urple" here Megatronus :lol: BUT!! Blue-purple, a "blurple", would be preferable I think. Or Honda paint code B95P, Electron Blue Pearl.

You know what? I've got some of that around somewhere..depending on the lighting it was blue, dark blue, blurple.

Come to think of it, Mazdas Indigo Lights Mica may work better. Hmm.

Ponder this, I will.
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Mr O » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:07 am

Motto: ""No way out but through.""
Weapon: No Weapon
itscramtastic wrote:
Mr O wrote:As far as I can tell, all he did was make everyone do a silly dance. I await my acknowledgement!

Back on topic..any other good ideas on TF:TM 30th Platinum Packs?!

'Dammit...OPEN!'
"It's 1973, almost dinnertime. I'm havin' hoops!"
Mr O
Brainmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: ???
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: 10+

Postby galvatron00 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:27 am

Mr O wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:
Mr O wrote:As far as I can tell, all he did was make everyone do a silly dance. I await my acknowledgement!

Back on topic..any other good ideas on TF:TM 30th Platinum Packs?!
'Dammit...OPEN!'
:lol: ;)^
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron

Video Review - Planet of Junk Clash Set

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:02 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Fellow Seibertronians, fellow user Bridgemagnet has posted a video review of the 'Planet of Junk Clash' Platinum Edition Box Set. The review can be seen below, and a small gallery of the set can be seen here. What are your thoughts on this set? Let us know in the comments below.

I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Ironhidensh » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:15 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
I'd buy it for 30 bucks. That's about all there is to say. These molds are far to new to deserve a platinum style reissue.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Firepower: 10+

Postby ThirdSergio » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:17 pm

What a shame...I really want this set because Rodimus looks pretty good and I need another wreck-gar for my Iron Maiden Junkion upgrade set. It seems the colors are really basic and muddled on both Scrapheap and Wreck-Gar, with Rodimus being the clear favorite. I'll wait for this one to drop in price before scooping it up, I do need a United Scrapheap though.

Also Reviewer doesn't mention it but besides the color Rodimus's engine block has the Henkei addition for the Arms-Micron targetmaster that was sold separately (which I have fort some reason)
ThirdSergio
Mini-Con

Postby galvatron00 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:55 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:Fellow Seibertronians, fellow user Bridgemagnet has posted a video review of the 'Planet of Junk Clash' Platinum Edition Box Set. The review can be seen below, and a small gallery of the set can be seen here. What are your thoughts on this set? Let us know in the comments below.

Thanks for the post Hellscream!
Ironhidensh wrote:I'd buy it for 30 bucks. That's about all there is to say. These molds are far to new to deserve a platinum style reissue.
I think I'd go $49.99..I think. It would only be my 3rd version of Rodimus in that mold. Can I reverse the scene and it be Rodimus Junkions (Rodimukions?) vs. Wreck-Gar and his moto-buddy Scrapheap? Sure I can. They're my toys!! [-( :lol:
ThirdSergio wrote:What a shame...I really want this set because Rodimus looks pretty good and I need another wreck-gar for my Iron Maiden Junkion upgrade set. It seems the colors are really basic and muddled on both Scrapheap and Wreck-Gar, with Rodimus being the clear favorite. I'll wait for this one to drop in price before scooping it up, I do need a United Scrapheap though.

Also Reviewer doesn't mention it but besides the color Rodimus's engine block has the Henkei addition for the Arms-Micron targetmaster that was sold separately (which I have fort some reason)
Rodimus DOES look pretty good.

Also, IRON MAIDEN JUNKIONS?! :KREMZEEK:
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:49 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Eh, not bad looking, but not a buy for me. Just can't afford this :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Speed: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby ThirdSergio » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:29 pm

itscramtastic wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Fellow Seibertronians, fellow user Bridgemagnet has posted a video review of the 'Planet of Junk Clash' Platinum Edition Box Set. The review can be seen below, and a small gallery of the set can be seen here. What are your thoughts on this set? Let us know in the comments below.

Thanks for the post Hellscream!
Ironhidensh wrote:I'd buy it for 30 bucks. That's about all there is to say. These molds are far to new to deserve a platinum style reissue.
I think I'd go $49.99..I think. It would only be my 3rd version of Rodimus in that mold. Can I reverse the scene and it be Rodimus Junkions (Rodimukions?) vs. Wreck-Gar and his moto-buddy Scrapheap? Sure I can. They're my toys!! [-( :lol:
ThirdSergio wrote:What a shame...I really want this set because Rodimus looks pretty good and I need another wreck-gar for my Iron Maiden Junkion upgrade set. It seems the colors are really basic and muddled on both Scrapheap and Wreck-Gar, with Rodimus being the clear favorite. I'll wait for this one to drop in price before scooping it up, I do need a United Scrapheap though.

Rodimus DOES look pretty good.

Also, IRON MAIDEN JUNKIONS?! :KREMZEEK:

I meant the Maiden japan/Lucky Rogers upgrade kits for a Junkion Medic and Warrior. They're paint matched more to RTS Wreck-gar's original mold (but with the Junkions mix-matching and stuff would be an okay aesthetic...) I was thinking of another upgrade kits name mix-mashed with that set lol
ThirdSergio
Mini-Con

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:37 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Wait wait wait... hold on a sec! I think I just had some memories come back to me! If I recall, some years ago in 2006-2007, a friend of mine let me borrow a transformer, if I'm not mistaken, I think it was this Hot-Rod! I have been trying to remember for so long what toy that was, and I think I finally know! :lol:
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1

Toy Fair 2016: Official Images of Platinum Robots in Disguise and Cyclonus and Sweeps Sets

Postby william-james88 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:03 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
The platinum line was well represented today at the New York Toy Fair with even a surprise or two. For instance, there will actually be a Transformers Platinum Robots in Disguise set. Better than that it will include the previously Takara Exclusive Battle Grimlock which was a heavy retool of FOC Grimlock. It also includes the standard Bumblebee deluxe toy which sports a different deco than the Hasbro retail version. You can see live images of them on the showroom floor here.

The other platinum set shown was the Cyclonus, Scourge and Sweep set made up of the Universe/Gnerations molds. Cyclonus seems to have a new gun rather than his target master. All three have parts made up of clear plastic. Let us know what you think!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:09 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Those look... interesting???
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 1

Postby griftimus prime » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:10 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
not a fan of the translucent parts at all. not sure what they were thinking.

nice that we get the takara battle grimlock though.
Last edited by griftimus prime on Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+

Postby Deadput » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
griftimus prime wrote:not a fan of the translucent parts at all. not sure what they were thinking.

I think it's a reference to the transformation scene in the movie when their becoming Galvatron and Cyclonus etc.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:18 pm

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
yeah i'm not that impressed with Cyclonus & Scourge(i still prefer the look of the Titan Wars one)

Grimlock looks ok
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby griftimus prime » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:20 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Deadput wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:not a fan of the translucent parts at all. not sure what they were thinking.

I think it's a reference to the transformation scene in the movie when their becoming Galvatron and Cyclonus etc.

i thought the same thing. but i do not like being able to see through the figures.
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+

Postby MemphisR56 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:38 pm

Motto: "An inconvenience is just an adventure wrongly viewed!"
Weapon: Crossbow
More overuse of transparent plastic on what's bound to be another poorly priced platinum set. Why use a new Devcon head we've never seen before for this nonsense?

Whoever is thinking up these sets and deccos really needs to move onto a different toyline. Their heart is clearly not in it.

It's like a complete line of afterthoughts.
PSN: MemphisR56
Twitter: @Ratchphis

MemphisR56
Pretender
News Credits: 6
Watch MemphisR56 on YouTube
Buy from MemphisR56 on eBay
Strength: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Burn » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:41 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Here's an idea for a Platinum Set!

Troop building Junkions and Sweeps. No silly gimmicks like translucent plastic, just troop builders, a set people would actually be interested in instead of tacky reuses of old molds.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:44 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
MemphisR56 wrote:More overuse of transparent plastic on what's bound to be another poorly priced platinum set. Why use a new Devcon head we've never seen before for this nonsense?

Whoever is thinking up these sets and deccos really needs to move onto a different toyline. Their heart is clearly not in it.

It's like a complete line of afterthoughts.

It's actually not the Devcon tooling. It actually looks like a whole new tooling, with Devcon's face but Scourge's head tube thing. Why even bother making a new head just for this set, who knows.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON