This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

2016 Generations Platinum sets

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby RAR » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:17 am

Arcee's deco is certainly "Interesting" I hope they used a less crumbly plastic on her fore arms this time though so her thumbs don't explode.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Kurona » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:08 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
A vast improvement over Takara's effort. I still hate the design but at least the lipstick is applied in a way that doesn't look like she's a horror movie doll.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:55 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Kurona wrote:A vast improvement over Takara's effort. I still hate the design but at least the lipstick is applied in a way that doesn't look like she's a horror movie doll.

That's definitely a minority opinion. Most people would agree that Takara's Transformers Legends Arcee is a nearly perfect rendition of her Generation 1 cartoon appearance. Hasbro's Arcee efforts look very good too, but Takara's is just top notch.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Kurona » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:11 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:
Kurona wrote:A vast improvement over Takara's effort. I still hate the design but at least the lipstick is applied in a way that doesn't look like she's a horror movie doll.

That's definitely a minority opinion. Most people would agree that Takara's Transformers Legends Arcee is a nearly perfect rendition of her Generation 1 cartoon appearance. Hasbro's Arcee efforts look very good too, but Takara's is just top notch.

I'd agree that Takara's is a near-perfect rendition of her G1 cartoon appearance, but even if I liked that appearance the lipstick is, as stated, applied in a way that looks very creepy - and as far as I know, I'm not alone on this. Autobot Heroes has the lipstick applied in a way that doesn't creep me the heck out
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby RAR » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:22 pm

It may be a case of "Your mileage may vary" as I can't see anything wrong with my Takara Arcee's face.

-------

RE : G1 Perceptor - has there ever been any release anywhere of G1 Perceptor that has Blue for the inter-limb colour rather than teal ?

Or are they always teal ?

As I notice so often other version of Perceptor use blue for that part and yet the original mould doesn't seem to.

I'm a bit disappointed by not having that option - perhaps with an alternative face too.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Kurona » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:30 pm

RAR wrote:It may be a case of "Your mileage may vary" as I can't see anything wrong with my Takara Arcee's face.

I suppose paint applications can vary, but I just find it... unnerving.

Just lifeless and soulless and... Primus looking at it makes me shiver. It's so creepy I can practically hear it saying "Come play with me"

In comparison though this new deco looks fine. As fine as Arcee's G1 design can be

Still, yeah; your mileage may vary and I'll get off it now. That face has just made it my most regretful purchase, even more than Tailgate's Groundbuster...
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sjeng » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:21 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Laser-Guided Missiles
Kurona wrote:
RAR wrote:It may be a case of "Your mileage may vary" as I can't see anything wrong with my Takara Arcee's face.

I suppose paint applications can vary, but I just find it... unnerving.

Just lifeless and soulless and... Primus looking at it makes me shiver. It's so creepy I can practically hear it saying "Come play with me"

In comparison though this new deco looks fine. As fine as Arcee's G1 design can be

Still, yeah; your mileage may vary and I'll get off it now. That face has just made it my most regretful purchase, even more than Tailgate's Groundbuster...

If you ever want to sell her, drop me a line ;)
Want list:
Siege Sideswipe, Skytread, Soundwave, Starscream, Shockwave, Red Alert, Brunt, Smashdown, Greenlight, Toy Refraktor set, Impactor, Spinister, Lancer, Crosshairs, Hot Shot, Rumble & Ratbat, Frenzy & Wingthing, Skywarp.
Earthrise Snapdragon & Apeface.
Generations Selects Pirahnacon!

Check out my B.O.T.S.
Sjeng
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 7
Watch Sjeng on YouTube
Alt Mode: a cat
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:12 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Platinum Liokaier is now on e-bay for less than he will be locally in the US, free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSFORMERS-Pl ... SwNRdYBJG0
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Transformers Generations Platinum Edition Liokaiser Listed at $129.99

Postby Va'al » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:24 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Keep your eyes out online for a Platinum Edition Transformers Generations Liokaiser, as it looks like Entertainment Earth's new catalogue is out, and the Breastforce combiner is ready to go just in time for Christmas! Decepticons Dezarus, Drillhorn, Guyhawk, Fellbat, Jallguar, and Ironbison are currently listed at 129.99 USD, and there are other Transformers toys in the catalogue (available here) so check it out!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Bumblevivisector » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:07 am

Jallguar? I agree with Saberblade's theory that there's a hind of him in the helmet, but I didn't see him mentioned in the listing.

Still, for all that I'm still on the fence about this guy until we see what Takara does, it does my heart good to see so many Victory 'cons referenced as though western fans are generally expected to be familiar with them today.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:06 am

There are a handful on ebay out of Taiwan/Honk Kong for a little bit cheaper that entertainment earth for anyone willing to risk getting one that you can't easily return if there is a problem. I snagged one last night for $114 shipped. Keeping my fingers crossed.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby nycPrime » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:11 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:There are a handful on ebay out of Taiwan/Honk Kong for a little bit cheaper that entertainment earth for anyone willing to risk getting one that you can't easily return if there is a problem. I snagged one last night for $114 shipped. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Congrats and good luck. I'll wait for the inevitable price drop, hopefully from a domestic seller.
nycPrime
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Firepower: 8

Postby william-james88 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:18 am

nycPrime wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:There are a handful on ebay out of Taiwan/Honk Kong for a little bit cheaper that entertainment earth for anyone willing to risk getting one that you can't easily return if there is a problem. I snagged one last night for $114 shipped. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Congrats and good luck. I'll wait for the inevitable price drop, hopefully from a domestic seller.

But NYC, this is an online exclusive to Entertainment Earth, they are the only domestic seller. So the options will always be either them or e-bay.

Caveat: BBTS might impot them from Hong Kong as they have in the past but that means it will have an extra import fee to take into account and the price might be even less attractive.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby nycPrime » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:35 am

william-james88 wrote:
nycPrime wrote:

But NYC, this is an online exclusive to Entertainment Earth, they are the only domestic seller. So the options will always be either them or e-bay.

Caveat: BBTS might impot them from Hong Kong as they have in the past but that means it will have an extra import fee to take into account and the price might be even less attractive.

Yea, I meant ebay or even Amazon 3p seller. I'm not familiar with EE, but hopefully they'll give a decent discount as well. I don't expect this to sell that well. Most casual fans probably don't know who the character is, and it seems the fandom isn't too excited. I don't mind passing on this, but I'll jump if the deal is amazing.
nycPrime
Headmaster

Postby william-james88 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:41 am

nycPrime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
nycPrime wrote:

Yea, I meant ebay or even Amazon 3p seller. I'm not familiar with EE, but hopefully they'll give a decent discount as well. I don't expect this to sell that well. Most casual fans probably don't know who the character is, and it seems the fandom isn't too excited. I don't mind passing on this, but I'll jump if the deal is amazing.

They might do a discount eventually, they hadd done it with their other exclusive. However, they have a hefty shipping fee, so if it drops to below $100, you still lose out since you will have to pay the extra shipping. I dont realy see a winning scenario for those hoing to get a deal with EE (unless you buy more stuff on special from them at the same time and get free shipping). But I will do like you and wait as well. If anything pops up on my end, I will let you know. Personally, I forsee e-bay selling these for cheaper later, as has happened with other platinum releases. What price would you buy this at? $80? $65? I am not sure myself, especially since I dont really want this toy.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby nycPrime » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:47 am

william-james88 wrote:
nycPrime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
nycPrime wrote:

They might do a discount eventually, they hadd done it with their other exclusive. However, they have a hefty shipping fee, so if it drops to below $100, you still lose out since you will have to pay the extra shipping. I dont realy see a winning scenario for those hoing to get a deal with EE (unless you buy more stuff on special from them at the same time and get free shipping). But I will do like you and wait as well. If anything pops up on my end, I will let you know. Personally, I forsee e-bay selling these for cheaper later, as has happened with other platinum releases. What price would you buy this at? $80? $65? I am not sure myself, especially since I dont really want this toy.

I had no interest in Victorion, but started paying attention when the price started dropping on amazon. Although it never got there, I told myself I'd jump if it got into the 30s. Since I want this a little more, I'd say I'd pounce if it got into the 40s. Wishful thinking I know, but it's low on my list of priorities.
nycPrime
Headmaster

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:13 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Having bought from there, Entertainment Earth is not known for discounts. They are rare. Also, their free shipping is for orders over $70, but even then, there are some items that don't qualify for some reason.

Also, Robot Kingdom has Liokaiser up for $110 (shipping is big, but it's there) and has been in stock for a few weeks now, as we reported before. Also, beware of the Ebay people. Some of those selling Liokaiser have low approval ratings (dealing with that right now actually. someone giving me a hard time over the fact that they sold me a phone case that is for the wrong phone)
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10

Postby william-james88 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:17 am

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Having bought from there, Entertainment Earth is not known for discounts. They are rare. Also, their free shipping is for orders over $70, but even then, there are some items that don't qualify for some reason.

Also, Robot Kingdom has Liokaiser up for $110 (shipping is big, but it's there) and has been in stock for a few weeks now, as we reported before. Also, beware of the Ebay people. Some of those selling Liokaiser have low approval ratings (dealing with that right now actually. someone giving me a hard time over the fact that they sold me a phone case that is for the wrong phone)

Thanks D-Max, I didt know about the 70$ for free shipping.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Glarryg » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:53 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Yeesh, not sure why the price is so steep, but I'm still going to get this guy, come Fell or high water.

Glarryg
The battle rages on...
Looking for: Netflix/ER Soundwave
Glarryg
Targetmaster
Buy from Glarryg on eBay
Alt Mode: Bitter Old Man
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:00 am

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Also, beware of the Ebay people. Some of those selling Liokaiser have low approval ratings (dealing with that right now actually. someone giving me a hard time over the fact that they sold me a phone case that is for the wrong phone)

Yeah, that was my main concern. I did pass up a slightly better deal ($3 cheaper) because the seller I bought from had better feedback (high volume and 99%+ positive feedback). I also snagged a Takara Nightbird for $40 shipped a few days earlier as a test case to see the sellers responsiveness, how quickly they shipped, etc.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Combiner Wars Liokaiser Box Set Sale Roundup

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:07 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Thanks to multiple sources, we have several outlets where you can now buy the Platinum Edition Combiners Wars Liokaiser Boxset!

First up, for our Canadian friends up north, we bring to you news that Liokaiser is available at Walmart.ca for $149.97. The listing can be found HERE.

Up next, we have a reminder that Robot Kingdom has an order open for Liokaiser, as previously reported. Robot Kingdom lists Liokaiser for $109.90 and currently has him in-stock.

We also remind you of the Entertainment Earth catalog that shows that Liokaiser will be available from there for $129.99, which should qualify for the free shipping option Entertainment Earth offers.

Finally, Ebay has several listings up for Liokaiser, the cheapest of which have him averaging around $115 including shipping. We do ask that you be careful with these Ebay sellers though. Make sure to check their approval ratings before you commit to buy.

We will continue to keep you updated on any Liokaiser listings that make their way to us, so until then, stay tuned!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10

Postby Microraptor » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:18 am

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
I'm amused that Guyhawk is holding Deathy's blade in his hand in arm mode.
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10+

Postby YoungPrime » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 am

Tempted by the 109.90 at Robot Kingdom but I'm still hoping that Takara makes a better more accurate one next year. That and I still don't like that "Deathsaurus" substitute (no bot mode anyway). So if Takara also makes an MP version that'll really render this Skylynx remold even more useless IMO.

So yeah, I'll pass.
Last edited by YoungPrime on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby o.supreme » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
RK has a good purchase price, but add on shipping it gets outrageous, and will bring it closer to $150 to ship to US. The best prices for LioKaiser are still on eBay, but as others have stated, caution should be taken. I've never had a problem, but I know others have.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Relic0037 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:37 am

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot
I still don't see a listing for it on Entertainment Earth's website yet. eBay is a bit sketchy, & the shipping charge at Robot Kingdom is a bit steep, so I guess I'll wait and see at this point.
Relic0037
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE COBRA WORLD ORDER PRELUDE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Mooney 230227"
GI JOE COBRA WORLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #5 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Hall (W) Hama (A) Perlin 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #5 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238041 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 JUN230378 3D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #3 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Hall (W) Hama (A) Trimpe 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUN200578 2B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C 0124IM240 (CA) Burnham"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0224IM321 8B (CA) Galan (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Rock N Roll Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM896 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM894 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM282 303B (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #10 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 APR200705 10RI (CA) Tinto (A)Walter (W) Allor"
GI JOE #10 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM898 (CA) Reilly"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON