This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology

Postby Raymond T. » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:50 am

The business section on the website of The Economist has placed an article on the dangers of, and the caution with, new advanced technology. As a means of example they have used the newly released live action Transformers Movie. Namely the fact that the character Frenzy in parts of the movie changes himself as a cellphone. But also on the fact that for the Premiere of the movie a Digital viewer was used to show the movie, while a second projector was running the movie on old style celluloid film, as back-up in case the new technology of the digital projector would have failed.
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Postby 1337W422102 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:52 am

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Having a projector break down and having the planet invaded by mechanical extraterrestrial life forms are two VERY, VERY different things.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Bottom Out » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:01 pm

1337W422102 wrote:Having a projector break down and having the planet invaded by mechanical extraterrestrial life forms are two VERY, VERY different things.

not when that projector is playing the transformers!!
Bottom Out
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby Decepticon Spike » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:06 pm

Motto: "Do what's right."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
1337W422102 wrote:Having a projector break down and having the planet invaded by mechanical extraterrestrial life forms are two VERY, VERY different things.

What if the projector IS an alien invader?
Decepticon Spike
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 2
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby crazyfists » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:25 pm

Motto: "Bees!?"
i dont get it.

i also saw the movie twice with dpi.
crazyfists
Pretender
News Credits: 1
Watch crazyfists on YouTube
Buy from crazyfists on eBay

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:11 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Im confused. What the hell is this about? First it talks about Frenzy turning into a phone next it talks about some projector. So did Frenzy turn into a projector and show the film?
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Raymond T. » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:21 pm

Megatron_Wolf wrote:Im confused. What the hell is this about? First it talks about Frenzy turning into a phone next it talks about some projector. So did Frenzy turn into a projector and show the film?
They used Frenzy as an example of how we trust our advanced technology when it could actually have hidden horrors with it. They just used that scene as a metaphor. Then they go into the actual piece about how they took the precaution with the movie, where they wanted to use the new digital technology but kept a backup plan handy in case the news technology failed.
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Postby SnipeShade » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:33 pm

That seems very....farfetched. To use that as an analogy. Even old tech can crap out on us. ; \ So.... *shrugs*
SnipeShade
Combiner

Postby proximus » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:35 pm

Motto: "The more you know, the less you don't know.

Find me and my photos on Instagram @doctor_decepticon"
eh..bit of a reach if you asked me. They could have used a far more effective analogy.

The more you know, the less you don't know
proximus
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby Ultra Markus » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:46 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
nothing beats the picture quality of celluloid film!
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Jordi S3 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:12 pm

Raymond T. wrote:They used Frenzy as an example of how we trust our advanced technology when it could actually have hidden horrors with it. They just used that scene as a metaphor. Then they go into the actual piece about how they took the precaution with the movie, where they wanted to use the new digital technology but kept a backup plan handy in case the news technology failed.

That's the idea! Recently we can see in some movies, the computer viruses and sofware problems as a part of the weakness of human systems: Terminator 3, Independence Day (in an inverted way), BattleStar Galactica 2003, etc...

That makes think..., is internet and military nets (Arpanet¿?), as weak as they look on the fiction?
Jordi S3
Micromaster

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:23 pm

As much as I love the old way of watching film from a celluloid projector, it wont be too much longer before they are gone from the majority of large, major cinema chains.

As for the 2 projectors, when Diesel Locomotive were first being introduce to railways around the world, they were often accompanied by Steam Locomotives (or at least had them on standby) to help them incase they broke down.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Mr.RobotoAutoMan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:36 pm

Jordi S3 wrote:
Raymond T. wrote:They used Frenzy as an example of how we trust our advanced technology when it could actually have hidden horrors with it. They just used that scene as a metaphor. Then they go into the actual piece about how they took the precaution with the movie, where they wanted to use the new digital technology but kept a backup plan handy in case the news technology failed.

That's the idea! Recently we can see in some movies, the computer viruses and sofware problems as a part of the weakness of human systems: Terminator 3, Independence Day (in an inverted way), BattleStar Galactica 2003, etc...

That makes think..., is internet and military nets (Arpanet¿?), as weak as they look on the fiction?

yes it is weak. didnt you watch die hard 4? its that easy.
Mr.RobotoAutoMan
Combiner

Postby Liege Evilmus » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:26 pm

New stuff always breaks.

My Dads old Buick outlasted 3 of my Brother's brand new cars. More bell's and whistles just mean more things to break!

Still, I'll make sure before I go to bed that none of my tech stuff is gonna transform and kill me tonight now.

they got me scared now

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0224IM320 8A (A/CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM893 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 0124IM260 305C (CA)Walker"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 4D GI JOE 0124IM250 (CA) Clarke (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr A Duke Image Comics 2023 1023IM897 (CA) Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230290 2A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 APR238111 2D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 0124IM329 7D (CA) Allen (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JUL221612 298A (CA)Gallant"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 0923IM467 6D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A 1223IM259 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM464 6A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #280 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200419 280B (CA) McKeown"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUN200578 2B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON