This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Mandarin speaking Megatron part of Universal Studios Hollywood's Year of the Monkey Celebration

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Mandarin speaking Megatron part of Universal Studios Hollywood's Year of the Monkey Celebration

Postby Seibertron » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:08 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Universal Studios Hollywood Celebrates Lunar New Year from January 30 - February 14 featuring Special "Year of the Monkey" Festivities, Asian-Inspired Food, and a Mandarin-Speaking MEGATRON Character from the Park's "Transformers: The Ride-3D" Thrill Ride

Special Shenzhen Performances Will Take Place on Saturday, February 13

Universal City, CA, January 25, 2016 - Universal Studios Hollywood marks Lunar New Year and the "Year of the Monkey" with a traditional celebratory event featuring Shenzhen performances, Asian-inspired food, thematic décor and a special Mandarin-speaking MEGATRON character from the park's popular thrill ride, "Transformers: The Ride-3D." The special Lunar New Year celebration begins on Saturday, January 30 and continues through Sunday, February 14, 2016.

Lunar New Year comes to life within Universal Plaza, a grand courtyard situated at the heart of the theme park, where guests will be ushered in to celebrate the "Year of the Monkey" under a curtain of customary red Chinese lanterns and a stunning plum blossom arch. The polygon-shaped piazza will also display a dozen lampposts each featuring banners of the twelve zodiac animal signs along with three symbolic attributes.

A highlight of the time-honored tradition will feature the annual appearance of a Mandarin-speaking MEGATRON who will engage guests in conversation characteristic of his DECEPTICON TRANSFORMER's persona. MEGATRON - an ominous 12-foot-tall figure - is one of the stars of Universal Studios Hollywood's award-winning thrill ride, "Transformers: The Ride-3D" designed to immerse guests in the 3D action-packed robotic world of the TRANSFORMERS.

Unique to this year's Lunar New Year celebration, Universal Studios Hollywood will welcome an exciting Shenzhen performance. "The Five Continents Arts Troupe" from Shenzhen, China entertainment will take place periodically throughout the afternoon for one day only on Saturday, February 13.

In honor of this multi-cultural celebration, favorite Universal character, Curious George will dress in festive attire to meet guests and take photos in front of a traditional Chinese gong. Asian-inspired treats along with customary music resonating throughout the Plaza will help commemorate another memorable Lunar New Year.

Year-round, Universal Studios Hollywood's signature Studio Tour offers guests a revealing look at an authentic movie and television studio in select languages, including Mandarin. Expertly-trained Mandarin-speaking guides provide insight into the world of movie-making magic as guests enjoy a front row seat and behind-the-scenes access to one of the largest film studios in the world. The theme park also provides in-language park maps.

Lunar New Year is included in the price of admission to Universal Studios Hollywood.

Mandarin speaking guests can learn more about Universal Studios Hollywood and the Lunar New Year event at http://www.ush.cn. They can also follow us on Weibo @好莱坞环球影城.

Guests are invited to share their zodiac animal signs with at @UniStudios on Instagram and Twitter and "Like" the Universal Studios Hollywood Facebook page.

Universal Studios Hollywood's newly introduced Annual Passes add to the celebration by giving visitors a chance to experience the park multiple times. For more information or to purchase one of three new passes: the Gold Pass, the California Resident Plus Pass or the California Resident Pass, please visit http://www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com/tickets.

The excitement continues when "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" opens at Universal Studios Hollywood on April 7, 2016, marking the highly-anticipated arrival of the West Coast's dynamic new immersive experience. More than five years in the making, and inspired by J.K. Rowling's compelling stories and characters that were brought to life in the Warner Bros. films, the land will be faithful to the visual landscape of the fiction and films, including Hogwarts castle which will serve as its iconic focal point.

Universal Studios Hollywood, The Entertainment Capital of L.A.SM, includes a full-day, movie-based theme park and Studio Tour; the CityWalk entertainment, shopping and dining complex, the Universal CityWalk Cinemas and the "5 Towers" state-of-the-art outdoor concert venue. World-class rides and attractions include the renowned, behind-the-scenes Studio Tour featuring the intense "King Kong 360 3-D" attraction and the all-new "Fast & Furious-Supercharged" thrill ride as the Studio Tour's grand finale. Other popular rides include the 3D adventure, "Despicable Me Minion Mayhem" and immersive "Super Silly Fun Land," the critically-acclaimed mega-attraction, "Transformers: The Ride-3D," "Revenge of the Mummy - The Ride," "Jurassic Park - The Ride," "Springfield," hometown of America's favorite TV family, adjacent to the award-winning "The Simpsons Ride" and the "Nighttime Studio Tour" which runs on select evenings.
###
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Mandarin speaking Megatron part of Universal Studios Hollywood's Year of the Monkey Celebration

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:33 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Now Megatron can be a snarky ham to people in another language. :-P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Mandarin speaking Megatron part of Universal Studios Hollywood's Year of the Monkey Celebration

Postby Deadput » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:Now Megatron can be a snarky ham to people in another language. :-P

Yes when I was at universal last year the Megatron I took a picture with was just amazing and he was a glorious ham.

Wore my Decepticon shirt and proclaimed my loyalty which made him say "Finally someone with a brain" and when he asked how many Autobots I destroyed I replied with over 9000 which made him congratulate me and said that with determination and hard work I could rise to the same ranks as Starscream and Soundwave.

He said some other great things but I can't remember them fully unfortunately.

If I can find that picture I might be able to upload it.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:17 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
I'd love that job. Get paid to be snarky as hell to members of the public. When I tried doing that in my last job I got called into the manager's office and told I have an 'attitude problem'.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Va'al » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:24 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:...with determination and hard work I could rise to the same ranks as Starscream and Soundwave.

Not sure that's as high a compliment as it could be. :-P
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
OPTIMUS PRIME COMM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2020 Racing Truck 2020"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Dinobots Hasbro 2022 New"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2017 New Truck Diaclone"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER HOT SHOT 14" tall Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 New"
POWER HOT SHOT 14" ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2019 Racecar"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan WHIRL Flight-Bot (VTOL jet) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Hasbro"
Rescan WHIRL Fligh ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers EARTHSPARK Official Guidebook Paperback Simon Spotlight Book 2023"
Transformers EARTH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST TOW-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
HOIST TOW-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHIEF CHARLIE BURNS + RESCUE CUTTER Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool"
CHIEF CHARLIE BURN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2022"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOT SHOT Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Dragster Car Hasbro 2020 New"
Rescan HOT SHOT Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON