This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby Kurona » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:04 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
There is, funnily enough, a similar situation that happened with IDW Devastator - the constructicons combined... when Scrapper was still dead. Devastator literally had a dead leg and was crippled because of it.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:12 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Kurona wrote:There is, funnily enough, a similar situation that happened with IDW Devastator - the constructicons combined... when Scrapper was still dead. Devastator literally had a dead leg and was crippled because of it.

I do remember that, which is why I wonder how this will work, but I believe this guys right:
Brakethrough wrote:We've seen from Prowl's run with the Constructicons that combining with others can lead to a sort of shared point of view and sympathy, maybe the hope Onslaught has is that combining with Swindle will jumpstart his brain module, using all of their memories of him much like how Rewind's storytelling group helped Rung in MTMTE.

I believe this will be right since Swindle is completely dead
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 iTunes Preview

Postby Va'al » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:18 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
There has been a bit of a quiet spell on the comics front from IDW Publishing, but we do have a new three-page preview of the next Transformers: Till All Are One issue - the fourth - via the iTunes page for the book. You can check out the short look at a Bruticus in progress below, and get ready for its release in the next couple of weeks!

SWINDLE LIVES! And ONSLAUGHT knows the perfect way to unlock the secrets in his head. As the COMBATICONS rampage through Iacon, can IRONHIDE and his newly formed police force stop them before they annihilate STARSCREAM—and anyone else who gets in their way?

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby King Kuuga » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:38 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Here's those last two pages stitched back together for the full effect.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Postby Bounti76 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:25 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Daaaaaaaaaamn. Pitre-DuRocher is knocking it out of the park. Loving the art.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 379
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby Kurona » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:00 am

... okay, so.

Admittedly, the last three issues... haven't been amazing. They haven't been bad either; but they've just been good, y'know? A fun little read but that's about it.

But already this preview is blowing me away. What always disappoints me about Combiner stories is how they don't really focus much on how their being a Combiner effects the components psychologically; what the mental effect and strain on them is; what it means to be a Combiner. IDW's been pretty good with it recently by showing some complicated stuff with Superion, but we barely if ever get a good look at how the components feel.

But we do now. And it's perfect. THIS is the combiner story I wanted! I wanted to see what it means for the components within; what this does to their heads; what it's like to still be yourself but at the same time 5 guys but AT THE SAME TIME the new combiner! Hopefully this keeps up throughout the issue because if it does, this is by far the best representation we've gotten of a Combiner by a long shot aside from maybe Prowlastator who because of CW never got to fulfill his true potential. And maybe Optimus Maximus, but this is still proving to be a bit more interesting.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby steve2275 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:42 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
indeed kurona
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2

Postby Microraptor » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:20 am

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
Kurona wrote:... okay, so.

Admittedly, the last three issues... haven't been amazing. They haven't been bad either; but they've just been good, y'know? A fun little read but that's about it.

But already this preview is blowing me away. What always disappoints me about Combiner stories is how they don't really focus much on how their being a Combiner effects the components psychologically; what the mental effect and strain on them is; what it means to be a Combiner. IDW's been pretty good with it recently by showing some complicated stuff with Superion, but we barely if ever get a good look at how the components feel.

But we do now. And it's perfect. THIS is the combiner story I wanted! I wanted to see what it means for the components within; what this does to their heads; what it's like to still be yourself but at the same time 5 guys but AT THE SAME TIME the new combiner! Hopefully this keeps up throughout the issue because if it does, this is by far the best representation we've gotten of a Combiner by a long shot aside from maybe Prowlastator who because of CW never got to fulfill his true potential. And maybe Optimus Maximus, but this is still proving to be a bit more interesting.

Yeah. They always pay lip service to the idea, but never actually explore it. Combine it with the fabulous art and I'm really excited for this issue.
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Kurona » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:28 am

Also, just noticed that Swindle's flashing back to Combiner Wars. While that event was easily the worst arc of post-DoOP IDW, it's still nice to see that they're still dealing with it's consequences and repercussions instead of just sweeping it under the rug and trying to pretend it never happened. I love it when fiction does this; instead of trying to scrub a bad story out of it's history, they use it as a springboard to improve other stories.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:58 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Great art. And I too am glad for the perspective of the individuals, it shows so much more about combining.

And Blastoff is going to be fun for this issue
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Flashwave » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:25 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Onslaught is using Combining as a method of interrogation. This is epic. But if he's doing that, who's driving Bruticus?
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby Glarryg » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:48 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Flashwave wrote:Onslaught is using Combining as a method of interrogation. This is epic. But if he's doing that, who's driving Bruticus?

Looks like maybe Brawl. Isn't that him on the top of the splash page?

Glarryg
The battle rages on...
Looking for: Netflix/ER Soundwave
Glarryg
Targetmaster
Buy from Glarryg on eBay
Alt Mode: Bitter Old Man
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Courage: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Kurona » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:51 am

Glarryg wrote:
Flashwave wrote:Onslaught is using Combining as a method of interrogation. This is epic. But if he's doing that, who's driving Bruticus?

Looks like maybe Brawl. Isn't that him on the top of the splash page?

Glarryg

That's Vortex. Brawl is in Swindle's eye having a massive freakout.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:50 am

I'm not sure anyone is driving Bruticus. It seems more like they are all adapting to a meshed mind very differently
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Ballistic90 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:16 am

It looks to me that Bruticus is acting out Onslaught's action of reaching for the memory.

Anyways, this may be the first Transformers issue i have ever gone out of my way specifically to buy....
Please check out my YouTube channel, Bigg Hungry Joe at

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyyR-O ... SDZpTpnNJA

Updates every wednesday with a new transformer review!
Ballistic90
Fuzor
Watch Ballistic90 on YouTube

Postby Shuttershock » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:38 pm

I wonder if this is what it was like that one time the Constructicons combined with Scrapper's dead body? Explains why his memory haunted them long after his death.

One think I really hope doesn't happen after this is all over is for this newfound characterization of the Combaticons to be dropped or forgotten. The problem with Transformers having such a big cast and so much to do is that these spotlight moments of individuals frequently get dropped in favor of the main characters.

ESPECIALLY so with the combiners, who to often merge into one character.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby King Kuuga » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:52 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Shuttershock wrote:I wonder if this is what it was like that one time the Constructicons combined with Scrapper's dead body? Explains why his memory haunted them long after his death.

One think I really hope doesn't happen after this is all over is for this newfound characterization of the Combaticons to be dropped or forgotten. The problem with Transformers having such a big cast and so much to do is that these spotlight moments of individuals frequently get dropped in favor of the main characters.

At least this series is acknowledging that Combiners have individual components and aren't just big robots, unlike Machinima.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Firepower: 9

Postby Shuttershock » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:06 pm

King Kuuga wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:I wonder if this is what it was like that one time the Constructicons combined with Scrapper's dead body? Explains why his memory haunted them long after his death.

At least this series is acknowledging that Combiners have individual components and aren't just big robots, unlike Machinima.

True. Another thing that doesn't seem to get touched on enough after Combiner Wars is the notion that staying combined all the time is BAD for them, as it erodes their personalities and makes them all think and act the same like the Constructicons.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby Kurona » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:08 pm

King Kuuga wrote:

Psht, Machinima CW doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as this. Even ROTF done combining better.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:28 pm

Shuttershock wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:

True. Another thing that doesn't seem to get touched on enough after Combiner Wars is the notion that staying combined all the time is BAD for them, as it erodes their personalities and makes them all think and act the same like the Constructicons.

I agree with this. We all know and love the big combiners, but rarely do the components get that good characterization, and I'm glad to see we are getting that here
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Sunstar » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:12 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I agree with this. We all know and love the big combiners, but rarely do the components get that good characterization, and I'm glad to see we are getting that here

that is what I am enjoying for sure. Such personalities.
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7

Postby Big Grim » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:27 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Man, I cannot wait for this issue. This should be awesome! *Fingers crossed*
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:57 am

Newsarama has updated with the full preview for Transformers: Till All Are One, which is to be released next Wednesday. Check out the full preview below, featuring Bruticus, and check back here on Wednesday for the review!

D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby steve2275 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:15 pm

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
alright
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2

Postby Samsonator » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:33 am

Motto: ""Death is the only way out.""
Weapon: Sword of Fury
Air Hammer!
Samsonator: I swear I'm still here! Yes, I know it's been fourteen years...
Toy reviews on YouTube? Don't mind if I do!
I build model kits on Twitch, too!
Samsonator
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch Samsonator on YouTube
Alt Mode: Tank
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON