This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby nycPrime » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:44 am

Optimizzy wrote:If no one else has posted it, devastator is at Walmart.com for $109. Pick it up if you haven't.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers- ... t/45723518

Amazon responded by matching that price.
nycPrime
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby megatronus » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:40 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
nycPrime wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:If no one else has posted it, devastator is at Walmart.com for $109. Pick it up if you haven't.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers- ... t/45723518

Amazon responded by matching that price.

Which is amazing, because I have some points on my account, so Devy at Amazon was a mere $95 shipped!
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Optimizzy » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:20 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Indeed! I think even with his problems he is worth that. Mine should be here before thanksgiving.

Anyone going to get the third party add ons? Since I saved so much I thinking will. But not sure which yet.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Transformers Combiner Wars Devastator Available at Walmart.com and Amazon for $109.00

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:54 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
If you are looking for a steal of a deal on Transformers Combiner Wars Devastator then just point your optics at Walmart.com. Fellow Seibertronian Optimizzy let us in on this great deal at just $109.00. If Walmart.com is not your cup of tea, Amazon.com has also listed Devy at the same great price according to Seibertronian nycPrime. For many great deals online and at brick and mortar stores found by fellow Seibertronians keep an eye on the Steal of a Deal thread in the Energon Pub.

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:36 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Tempting, for sure, but I'll stick with my decision to not spend more than 80 bucks on him.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby no-one » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:20 pm

Optimizzy wrote:Indeed! I think even with his problems he is worth that. Mine should be here before thanksgiving.

Anyone going to get the third party add ons? Since I saved so much I thinking will. But not sure which yet.

I'm thinking about 'em. But I'm not sure if I wanna up the total price of my Devy yet.

I new kit by DNA Design has recently caught my eye. Which kits are you looking at?
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Grahf_ » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:16 pm

Motto: "I am the seeker of power."
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
carytheone wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:Indeed! I think even with his problems he is worth that. Mine should be here before thanksgiving.

I'm thinking about 'em. But I'm not sure if I wanna up the total price of my Devy yet.

I new kit by DNA Design has recently caught my eye. Which kits are you looking at?

Very tempting indeed. However I think I'm going to be staying with the Takara version. The elbows and guns add on set costs about $70 as it is. Even getting Hasbro Devastator for this price and then buying the elbow/guns add ons it will cost the same as the Takara version from Amiami. Not to mention that the Perfect Effects arms don't look nearly as good as Takara's. Also Takara's don't partsform, give a second set of elbows for Mixmaster and Hook, have new knees for Bonecrusher and Scavenger and make it so that you don't need Reprolabels.

However, that DNA Design set does look really good and it's decently priced for what you're getting compared to some of the other similar sets. I'm probably going to wait until that one company that's selling each upgrade separately is finished to get any upgrades though. I really only want the shoulder extenders as Devastator's arms look really weird without them. The treads on the chest also make the chest look too wide thus making the head look too small. So moving the treads to the arms not only makes the biceps look beefier, they make the chest and head look more proportioned as well. I'd also be interested in an extending crane and maybe a better articulated shovel.
Grahf_
Combiner
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:50 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Also, while it may not be a factor to many, Takara's is more limited and will go up in value more than the Hasbro version even if third party is included. Becasue in the TF market, once loose, that becomes more like a custom (which technically is what add ons are all about, customs everybody can have themselves) and that becomes a rough value to judge through time. It will sound silly but the elbows being all official in the Takara version do have an added collector value. Also, the takara version still gives you the retracting shades which the add on doesnt, right?

All in all, I think the Takara version is the best way to go (at the japan market price) for this figure.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby no-one » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:07 pm

william-james88 wrote:Also, while it may not be a factor to many, Takara's is more limited and will go up in value more than the Hasbro version even if third party is included. Becasue in the TF market, once loose, that becomes more like a custom (which technically is what add ons are all about, customs everybody can have themselves) and that becomes a rough value to judge through time. It will sound silly but the elbows being all official in the Takara version do have an added collector value. Also, the takara version still gives you the retracting shades which the add on doesnt, right?

All in all, I think the Takara version is the best way to go (at the japan market price) for this figure.
While I agree that if you don't own a Devy the Tak version is probably the better choice both cost and possible future value; we're talking about the ones that have already sunk a buck and a quarter into Hasbros and if we are even considering dropping more cash for and upgrade. And at $110 the upgrade is a little more inviting.

I'm pretty happy with my Devster, but you know; ooooo shiny!

I think ultimately, I'd rather new toys than new bits on toys that already look good chilling in my collection.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:18 pm

carytheone wrote:While I agree that if you don't own a Devy the Tak version is probably the better choice both cost and possible future value; we're talking about the ones that have already sunk a buck and a quarter into Hasbros and if we are even considering dropping more cash for and upgrade. And at $110 the upgrade is a little more inviting.

I'm pretty happy with my Devster, but you know; ooooo shiny!

I think ultimately, I'd rather new toys than new bits on toys that already look good chilling in my collection.

I dont get it though, sorry for being slow on this. Wouldnt a person who doesnt have Devastator buy him for 110$ now that he is on sale? So why is it about people who already bought him? I thought the idea was, what is better: go for Takara or for Habsro's at 110$ + the upgrades.

EDIT: I reread and get it now. You meant that getting an upgrade is tough when you already bought it at 150$ but for those buying it at 110$, they would feel less guilt over buying the upgrade. But my argument was, if you are thinking of buying him at 110$ which gives you extra cash for the upgrade, why not just go for takara?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Zeedust » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:22 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
I might be tempted if I weren't a bit tapped out right now and wasn't more interested in the Scramble-style stuff. But probably no. I dunno, the individual robots don't really appeal to me, and it's got nothing to do with elbows.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:25 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
It's about this time that I regret that they weren't scramble-style, would have loved to equip galvatronus with construction vehicles :michaelbay:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby no-one » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:27 pm

william-james88 wrote:EDIT: I reread and get it now. You meant that getting an upgrade is tough when you already bought it at 150$ but for those buying it at 110$, they would feel less guilt over buying the upgrade. But my argument was, if you are thinking of buying him at 110$ which gives you extra cash for the upgrade, why not just go for takara?
I may have muddied the waters a bit myself. I think it depends on what's more important. Some of the 3p upgrades offer more than Taks, but really could be used on both. I'm curious though, can Taks still be found this late in the game?
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:33 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
carytheone wrote:
william-james88 wrote:EDIT: I reread and get it now. You meant that getting an upgrade is tough when you already bought it at 150$ but for those buying it at 110$, they would feel less guilt over buying the upgrade. But my argument was, if you are thinking of buying him at 110$ which gives you extra cash for the upgrade, why not just go for takara?
I may have muddied the waters a bit myself. I think it depends on what's more important. Some of the 3p upgrades offer more than Taks, but really could be used on both. I'm curious though, can Taks still be found this late in the game?

He's still avaible at bbts and tfsource, beyond that though, I dunno, I don't think I'll be ordering anything from amiami or the like, too complicated |:|
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby william-james88 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:42 pm

carytheone wrote:

Yup, still available at amiami at 152.55$ US

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... agecnt%3D1

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Grahf_ » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:58 pm

Motto: "I am the seeker of power."
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Hellscream9999 wrote:
carytheone wrote:

He's still available at bbts and tfsource, beyond that though, I dunno, I don't think I'll be ordering anything from amiami or the like, too complicated |:|

I've gotten Blackarachnia, Slipstream and Nightbird and am getting Devastator and Armada Super Mode Starscream from Amiami and it couldn't have been easier. I actually had more trouble preordering Defensor from TFSource than I did preordering from Amiami. Ordering from Amiami was my first time ordering from anything other than Target.com, Amazon or Ebay and nothing was complicated at all. I only had trouble on TFSource though because I wasn't aware that order stacking needed to be turned on first, even for preorders. I did the same thing on both sites and confirmed my preorder, my payment method and shipping address all in one go without paying ahead of time on Amiami while on TFSource I ended up paying for my preorder when I didn't want to. It was very clearly my fault though as I didn't read the entire explanation on order stacking first. But doing the same thing on both sites ended up with two different results.

And as William already said, Devastar (not listed as Devastator anymore as when I ordered it) is still available on Amiami.
Grahf_
Combiner
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10+

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:21 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Told my mom about this sale (since, ya'know, she's gonna get it for me for Christmas) and you know what her words were? "I still want him down to $99 hopefully and we'll wait till black friday/cyber monday" :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: There are not enough head bangs to describe how she does not understand the deal here :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:23 am

Alpha Weltall wrote:I've gotten Blackarachnia, Slipstream and Nightbird and am getting Devastator and Armada Super Mode Starscream from Amiami and it couldn't have been easier.

I agree, they make it very easy for me. And in case you arent sure about the shipping you choose the first time, they give you an estimate for every way possible once your order is ready. Also, they give you the option of which orders to combine and you can modify it whenever you want as long as nothing has arrived yet.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Optimizzy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:48 am

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
I was actually going to get Hasbro Dev and then buy an upgrade anyway. The $109 price just made it a sure thing for me. I don't care about the extra weapons or elbow joints takara put in. I mean they did a good job with what they had but they still look off. Plus ill be displaying him in combined mode so I'm not that concerned.
As for as 3p kits the DNA kit is probably the one I'll get. I like the new head and I like the forearm pieces. Perfect affect has a separate kit for elbow fixes and weapons. If I decide I want that I can always get it.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby frogbat » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:28 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
with shipping etc it comes to €215 so still more exp than eBay and euro retailers. I need to move.
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby megatronus » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:33 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
The Hasbro + add-ons vs. Takara argument is a non-starter for me, since I'm getting both. I'll likely display Hasbro in combined mode with the 1 PE add-on with the shoulder extensions and hands (I need to take a serious look at the other add-ons to see if any of them are better, but for now PE is default), and Takara in bot mode.

At the point where we're getting the extra articulation and guns for the individual Takara 'cons, doesn't it seem like a waste to combine them? :P
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby no-one » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:31 pm

megatronus wrote:The Hasbro + add-ons vs. Takara argument is a non-starter for me, since I'm getting both. I'll likely display Hasbro in combined mode with the 1 PE add-on with the shoulder extensions and hands (I need to take a serious look at the other add-ons to see if any of them are better, but for now PE is default), and Takara in bot mode.

At the point where we're getting the extra articulation and guns for the individual Takara 'cons, doesn't it seem like a waste to combine them? :P
Wow, have your cake, eat it and keep the doily it came on.

The DNA kit has my attention for now. It has the pieces I'm most interested in and is just a bit less than the PE kit. Better hands for Devy, shoulder extensions and a dope ass Prowlastator head (love that grimmace). The lack of elbows don't really bother me that much and I'm not interested in the vehicle upgrades.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Crystiallic » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:37 pm

And don't forget to get the free GUND bear for your daughter while you at it.
Crystiallic
Mini-Con

Postby Allenspurs » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:19 am

Price is back up to $147 already,noticed as I went to order..... I hate my life
Allenspurs
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Watch Allenspurs on YouTube
Buy from Allenspurs on eBay

Postby no-one » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:12 am

TFSource has your back. They just dropped Devy to $109 as part of their black Friday promo.

http://tfsource.com/combiner-wars/devastator/
no-one
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DREADWING Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-57 Leader Prime Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DREADWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109R"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109W"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DESERT TRACKER RATCHET Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete 2009"
NEW!
DESERT TRACKER RAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 240109S"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Voyager complete AOE Hasbro 2014 221114AB"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON