This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
skywarp-2 wrote:Oh that's right! So, I just don't know why they decided to not do hot rod in his flame decor..I'd love to know the reason for that...my biggest question about the movie designs. The figure is actually quite nice.

Cos it would look tacky on an extremely expensive modern day Lamborghini. Maybe he'll pop up in the 80's in a Trans-Am alt-form where a flame decal wouldn't look totally out of place.

Anyways quite happy with my Hot Rod, now where's my darn Wave 3 Bee for crying out loud?
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Duke of Luns » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:44 pm

kurthy wrote:Ummm...isn't there a hinge so it folds back in between the 2 feet? The shoulder cannons and neck assembly hinge forward, the the neck assembly has its own separate hinge to rotate the head back in between the feet. Not that I care, I've already lost the head and replaced it with Thunderwing.

I thought that's what the instructions indicated. I'll fiddle with it here...

Oh, and the assembly popped out. Least now I can see the hinge, and after some more finagling...

Ah, there we go, got it! Thanks! Tight hinge there on mine.
Duke of Luns
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Immortal Starscream » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Duke of Luns wrote:So I amazingly found a Voyager Skorn and Nitro Zeus(still no Wave 2 Deluxes in North Central West Virginia...), and I must comment about my initial impressions of Nitro Zeus....

The design is really cool, knew about the transformation because of a couple comments fiddled with it and think I've got the hang of it except for one thing..

THE HEAD. Is it just supposed to be wedged in the space between the feet in vehicle mode? The instructions show you turning it around and doing...something. Why is this guy a Headmaster anyway, because they got to a certain point in the design and said "Uh, we don't have the budget to engineer a hinge or other place to put the head...hmmm....let's just pull it off!". Of course the head is also very loose in robot mode, but manageable.

The reason hes a headmaster is pretty much the same thing that happened before with revenge of the fallen arcee. something that was intended to happen in the movie that got scrapped, but was still engineered into the toy. Back when they were talking about cogmans character they said he was a headmaster, but more like the headmaster from animated. he was going to have a scene where he ripped off another robots head and took its place. It was never stated who's head he was supposedly going to be ripping off, and it never ended up happening in the movie, but given hes the only other TLK toy designed for the headmaster gimmick, but his head itself doesn't transform, Id'e say its a good bet Nitro was to be the victim.

side not, TM Megatron's head is a perfect match for nitro, and makes for one badass megs.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby Quantum Surge » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:48 pm

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Speaking of Nitro, amyone else plan to give him Shockwave's head? I want to buy a DOTM Shockwave for spare parts and I've been wondering if you can remove the Titan Master head and put it in the ball joint socket on SW's head.
Action Figure Wishlist:

G1 Deadend, Wildrider, Breakdown w/Menasor fists, feet, waist, chest, mask, and weapons
POTP (Optimal Optimus, Rodimus Unicronus)
Titans Return (Topspin, Octone)
Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:56 pm

Quantum Surge wrote:Speaking of Nitro, amyone else plan to give him Shockwave's head? I want to buy a DOTM Shockwave for spare parts and I've been wondering if you can remove the Titan Master head and put it in the ball joint socket on SW's head.

Probably not without some type of shapeways adapter. The ball on the other side of the TM head is quite a bit smaller than the ball used on most non-TM heads. In fact, I'm guessing you can get an adapter that has the right size "cube" for a TM head on one side and the right size ball for the non-TM figure heads on the other.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:07 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Quantum Surge wrote:Speaking of Nitro, amyone else plan to give him Shockwave's head? I want to buy a DOTM Shockwave for spare parts and I've been wondering if you can remove the Titan Master head and put it in the ball joint socket on SW's head.
If I were you, I'd wait on doing that first to see if Takara might do something just like that for a potential Movie the Best version of Nitro.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Qwan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Weapon: Hand-Mounted Lasers
On the topic of Nitro and his loose neck, I played around with it last (k)night to see if I could do anything to remedy it. Compared to most TR neck sockets it's a tricky one, since it's pretty much empty all round it and it's hard to tell what space needs to be left empty and what doesn't (I spent 10 minutes trying to fit a piece of credit card behind the neck socket before realizing that his head occupies all the way to the back of the socket). In the end, I came up with:

- 2 pieces of credit card (or similar-thickness plastic) on one side of the neck socket, 3 pieces on the other; 3 on each side is too much and the head can't fit in, 2 on each side does nothing at all
    - a small snip of regular printer paper, folded over itself 3 times, in the front of the neck-socket; it'll curve a bit to fit in front of the "latch" at the front of the socket, but that's the way it'll work
It doesn't seem like it'll work looking at it, but it does - his head turns smoothly and easily, with little to no wobbling! I haven't actually tested any TR heads with the 'fixed' neck socket but I see no reason they wouldn't work - his own head can definitely still go off and on without difficulty.

Here's a quick pic of what I mean, if my words don't make any sense (which of course they don't):

Here's what you can see when the head's on, doesn't look too bad:

And bonus extra shot of Nitro posed a little awkwardly, for no reason other than I like this toy and it's fun:
Last edited by Qwan on Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ultraimpossibleman wrote:Grand innacurration and heavy mistakes !

Diem wrote:This is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm here for.
Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 102
Watch Qwan on YouTube
Alt Mode: The very concept of transformation itself
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:43 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
My Nitro has had no issues with his head staying on, not sure why you guys are having issues :-?
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Qwan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:48 pm

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:My Nitro has had no issues with his head staying on, not sure why you guys are having issues :-?

No issues with it actually staying on on my end, just wobbling around like crazy (we're talking Scourge/Highbrow levels of wobble here, if not more). It didn't interfere with the functionality of the toy honestly, more like it just annoyed me enough that I didn't mind spending an hour or so to get this otherwise-cool toy working the way I wanted :D

Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch Qwan on YouTube

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:34 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
The gun arm on Wave 3 Bee will loosen over time, it's just a mushroom peg. What I recommend with Nitro's head is rotating it then pushing it back, lifting the small panel slightly BEFORE bringing the whole neck section forward, as seen in my video review. His head is loose but holds in quite well.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
When Cogman finally appear in store, I'll be sure to grab one or even two. I don't care if I have to pay the full 30$+TX each.
That guy could be scalped like no tomorrow.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Quantum Surge » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:19 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:The gun arm on Wave 3 Bee will loosen over time, it's just a mushroom peg. What I recommend with Nitro's head is rotating it then pushing it back, lifting the small panel slightly BEFORE bringing the whole neck section forward, as seen in my video review. His head is loose but holds in quite well.

Might as well buy two. With the 3 pack coming soon (or the Movie the Best release with the hammer), I wouldn't mind having two copies of the same mold (probably should do the same with Cogman, Nitro Zeus, etc.)
Action Figure Wishlist:

G1 Deadend, Wildrider, Breakdown w/Menasor fists, feet, waist, chest, mask, and weapons
Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:45 am

Quantum Surge wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:The gun arm on Wave 3 Bee will loosen over time, it's just a mushroom peg. What I recommend with Nitro's head is rotating it then pushing it back, lifting the small panel slightly BEFORE bringing the whole neck section forward, as seen in my video review. His head is loose but holds in quite well.

Might as well buy two. With the 3 pack coming soon (or the Movie the Best release with the hammer), I wouldn't mind having two copies of the same mold (probably should do the same with Cogman, Nitro Zeus, etc.)

You can keep one with the gun arm and the other normal to transform. I remember how excited people were for the limb-swapping gimmick when we saw the leaked instruction scans, not so much now.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Qwan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:59 am

chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Quantum Surge wrote:

You can keep one with the gun arm and the other normal to transform. I remember how excited people were for the limb-swapping gimmick when we saw the leaked instruction scans, not so much now.

Why they didn't just do a regular 5mm peg or something (like Figma-style) is beyond me. If you're gonna have a part-swapping gimmick, design the parts so they can be swapped without stressing or deteriorating anything; if you really feel like you need the security of a mushroom-peg joint, consider finding a different way to do the gimmick or just drop it altogether, either is probably better than a compromise that ends up not working properly. Admittedly I don't know what restrictions they had to work with or what led to the final decision, but from a layman's perspective, you'd think it'd be toy design 101 to not make your gimmicks wreck themselves or the toy over time.

Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch Qwan on YouTube

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:55 pm

Qwan wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Quantum Surge wrote:

Why they didn't just do a regular 5mm peg or something (like Figma-style) is beyond me. If you're gonna have a part-swapping gimmick, design the parts so they can be swapped without stressing or deteriorating anything; if you really feel like you need the security of a mushroom-peg joint, consider finding a different way to do the gimmick or just drop it altogether, either is probably better than a compromise that ends up not working properly. Admittedly I don't know what restrictions they had to work with or what led to the final decision, but from a layman's perspective, you'd think it'd be toy design 101 to not make your gimmicks wreck themselves or the toy over time.

"Over time" has never been or will be a concern for toy designers. Once it's out of their hands and has been bought they don't care anymore.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Transformers: The Last Knight Leader Dragonstorm Found at Toysrus In the US

Postby william-james88 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:04 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Fellow Seibertronian Epsilon Delta posted images on the Arizona sightings of a beautifully stocked Toysrus store in Goodyear, filled with the latest toys and exclusives. We can see Leader Dragonstorm from Transformers: The Last Knight in the images and it is the first time we were told of his appearance in the US. So for those who are interested in this new age Duocon, he is out there!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby DeathReviews » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:17 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
It says something that the movie is already out of theaters, but they still don't have all the figures on shelf. Not having the movie on the big screen may truncate casual buyers from wanting to pick up any related figures...
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Postby Terrsolpix » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:02 pm

Motto: "Once you go movie you can never go back"
Weapon: Wrist-Launched Heat-Seeking Missiles
DeathReviews wrote:It says something that the movie is already out of theaters, but they still don't have all the figures on shelf. Not having the movie on the big screen may truncate casual buyers from wanting to pick up any related figures...

Thank Primus. Maybe I’ll finally have a chance at getting something new for once.
Accidental movie collector, complete SS fanboy.
Terrsolpix
Combiner
News Credits: 10
Watch Terrsolpix on YouTube
Alt Mode: Some silly cybertronian tank
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Postby william-james88 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:15 pm

DeathReviews wrote:It says something that the movie is already out of theaters, but they still don't have all the figures on shelf. Not having the movie on the big screen may truncate casual buyers from wanting to pick up any related figures...

I think there is also the idea of having the figures available for when the film hits Home Video so that cross marketting can happen on that level. And I am seeing Walmarts having new spotlights on these toys with the home release on the way. Ninja Turtles and Dispicable Me also worked that way with the toys.

Anyways, lets have a laugh:

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Terrsolpix » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:17 pm

william-james88 wrote:

I think there is also the idea of having the figures available for when the film hits Home Video so that cross marketting can happen on that level. And I am seeing Walmarts having new spotlights on these toys with the home release on the way. Ninja Turtles and Dispicable Me also worked that way with the toys.

Anyways, lets have a laugh:

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

Good news. Grimlock stopped shelfwarming (near me at least). Bad news. Hound started shelfwarming, and stores knew megatron would sell.......
Terrsolpix
Combiner

Postby Quantum Surge » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:27 pm

Went to check out a Target at Rosemont, IL when my dad and I went to check out Megadeth at the Allstate Arena. The omly new things I found were Allspark Tech figures, the 1 step 6 pack, and the sound masks. Nothing from Wave 2, just Berserkers and Dinobot repaints (do I need to mention them?), and two Leader Primes and Megs (but no Voyagers of them). Very disappointing. Thankfully, I do have plans for a Dreadbot custom (and to get a second spike club since my copy was missing one), so Beserk will be useful again for now.

Also William-James88 noce pic, but let's not forget about Slash and Berserker joing Grimlock. Woody's as frustrated as I am with distribution lol!
Action Figure Wishlist:

Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster

Postby EunuchRon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:37 pm

Motto: "That which does not kill us sure leaves a mark."
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
I broke down and ordered Steelbane and Sqweeks online. I got tired of looking. I wanna buy local but man they're making it hard to do. :BOOM:
EunuchRon
Minibot
Alt Mode: Planet-eating Gas Giant
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: ???

Postby Terrsolpix » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:38 pm

EunuchRon wrote:I broke down and ordered Steelbane and Sqweeks online. I got tired of looking. I wanna buy local but man they're making it hard to do. :BOOM:

I bet you 10 internet points the next Walmart you go to has them.
Terrsolpix
Combiner

Postby william-james88 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Quantum Surge wrote:Also William-James88 noce pic, but let's not forget about Slash and Berserker joing Grimlock. Woody's as frustrated as I am with distribution lol!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

william-james88
News Staff

Postby homicide » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:19 pm

Motto: ""Chaos is my only ally, and Destruction my only friend.""
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
I found Dragonstorm today myself at a Toys R Us in Henderson, NV!
homicide
Mini-Con
Buy from homicide on eBay
Strength: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "X-MEN #4 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230976 (A/CA) Kirby (W) Lee"
X-MEN #4 Facsimile ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN BEYOND #1 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC801 1A (CA) Timm"
BATMAN BEYOND #1 F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #121 Facsimile Edition Marvel Comics 2023 ptg APR230703"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEW TEEN TITANS #1 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC206 1A (CA) Perez"
NEW TEEN TITANS #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #2 1:25 Facsimile Marvel Comics NOV230744 MSH"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIMITED COLLECTORS EDITION #51 Cvr A Facsimile DC Comics 2024 ptg 0124DC164 51A"
NEW!
LIMITED COLLECTORS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ADVENTURE COMICS #260 Facsimile Cvr B blank sketch DC Comics 2023 0923DC264"
ADVENTURE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRON MAN #1 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230609 (W) Goodwin (A/CA) Colan"
IRON MAN #1 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed PURPLE FOIL Dynamite Comics DEC220641 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #1 Facsimile Edition Cvr C blank DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC203 1C (CA)Kane"
BATMAN #1 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC161 181B"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAVE AND THE BOLD #54 Facsimile Cvr B DC Comics 2024 ptg 54B (CA) Blank Sketch"
NEW!
BRAVE AND THE BOLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Facsimile DC Comics 2022 ptg 0822DC186 (A/CA) Shuster (W) Siegel"
SUPERMAN #1 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC160 181A"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON