This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:13 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Hmm I can see it but do we really need another fake out on the same Vein as what happened with Shockwave and the thirteen all being fake over on op? I'm more willing to believe, plus it would be silly to have another identity revealed after two previous reveals Grand Architect -> Pharma -> Adaptus -> someone else? I know pharma wasn't much of a ruse as most had guessed he was little more than a suit but still, the way the reveal was framed, it was supposed to be a shock...of sorts
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby MaverickPrime » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:11 am

Motto: "Why do I even bother?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
I don't understand the "Hasbro may have spoiled it" with the Prime Master, could someone please explain to me what they meant?
MaverickPrime
Vehicon
News Credits: 26
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:34 am

MaverickPrime wrote:I don't understand the "Hasbro may have spoiled it" with the Prime Master, could someone please explain to me what they meant?

Basically the Prima prime master symbol kinda looks like Rungs face, glasses and all. This is a spoiler of course as Adaptus called out Rung as Primus
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #23 by Geoff Senior / Josh Burcham

Postby Va'al » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:16 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Coming up next month (in theory) from IDW Publishing is issue #23 of the ongoing comics series Transformers: Lost Light, and with it another cover from previous collaborators on the franchise and its comic books: Geoff Senior!

Courtesy of Previews World, and notified via news staff WreckerJack, the cover has been mirrored below, and seems to follow on from the variant for issue #22 - which you can see in our database here - in which Rodimus and Megatron are 'arguing but not fighting' with this time a very fighty Tyrest and Pharma. Check it out!

(W) James Roberts (A) Jack Lawrence (CA) Geoff Senior
The final battle is here! Bots will live, bots will die, and the craziness can only increase! We're halfway through a finale six years in the making! And if you've ever loved a bot, you won't want to miss this.

In Shops: Sep 05, 2018

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:31 am

I can't help but notice they put the advertising on the cover about unicron yet, unless this issue ties into it, the ll finale has nothing to do with it.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Amelie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:22 am

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
Given how long Senior has been out of comics - this cover looks leaps better than some of his Regeneration One covers, so hopefully he's more into the swing of things again.
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:24 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Amelie wrote:Given how long Senior has been out of comics - this cover looks leaps better than some of his Regeneration One covers, so hopefully he's more into the swing of things again.

Actually I think some (not all) of his Regen One covers are far better than this one (though this one's nice too) but generally he's still a great artist and still produces TF comic art I find far more appealing than anybody else. Him actually doing several pages worth of actual comic panels was the only reason I bought that Requiem of the Wreckers (cos, like just about every other IDW G1 story I've read, the story itself did nothing for me). Many of his convention commissions are great too.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Randomhero » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:50 am

So can we address the elephant in the room?

The timeframe for this series. Holy crap is it bad.

This arc is taking place 4 weeks after Dying if the light which took place 3 weeks before everything else. So in one week All hail optimus, titans return, revolution, revolutionaries, first strike, the entirety of Optimus Prime, requiem of the wreckers, and till all are one took place. Also in the span of time the scavengers made time to stop off on earth during revolution.

Yeeeeeeeah umm no?
Last edited by Randomhero on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:17 am

The timeline does seem very strange...can we just blame it on shock wave?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby ScottyP » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:23 am

ZeroWolf wrote:
MaverickPrime wrote:I don't understand the "Hasbro may have spoiled it" with the Prime Master, could someone please explain to me what they meant?

Basically the Prima prime master symbol kinda looks like Rungs face, glasses and all. This is a spoiler of course as Adaptus called out Rung as Primus
Bingo! I thought it was weird that the Prima symbol for PotP looked like a face with glasses, especially since Alchemist Prime is associated with glasses over in the Aligned continuity.

It is also possibly a coincidence and the Prima symbol is meant to evoke something else and this is just my own reading of an ink blot :)
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:37 am

ZeroWolf wrote:The timeline does seem very strange...can we just blame it on shock wave?

The one thing you can probably blame on is the Warren but it still doesn’t add up when it comes to the scavengers and Fort Max and his team.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:57 am

ScottyP wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Bingo! I thought it was weird that the Prima symbol for PotP looked like a face with glasses, especially since Alchemist Prime is associated with glasses over in the Aligned continuity.

It is also possibly a coincidence and the Prima symbol is meant to evoke something else and this is just my own reading of an ink blot :)

I don’t see it. I always thought it looked like Primas chest.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ArmadaPrime » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:22 am

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Okay, so as of ZeroWolf's comment, I think we're out of frontpage-spoiler territory. At least, that's what's showing on my laptop. As such, on with the latest round of my increasingly absurd theorising!

I think that the Magnificence's four key players (Rodimus, Ratchet, Rung, and Tailgate) are meant to serve as new hosts for the Guiding Hand.
I'm not sure who the fifth is- possibly Megatron, who wasn't around for the magnificence to mention last issue, or possibly Pharma/Adaptus as he's already in a new body. I'm also not sure of the assignment exactly. Rung would presumably keep Primus, Rodimus would get Solomus or Primus, Ratchet would get Adaptus or Epistimus, the others I'm not too sure about. Crucially though I think this would be a symbiotic possession rather than a parasitic one; the bots wouldn't have to die. Think less "stealing your body" and more "guardian spirit".

Now what gets interesting is that the Magnificence's four are currently split up. On the ship right now with the architect are Rod, Ratchet, Rung, Nautica, and Whirl. This kinda leads to what I think might actually happen, as a sort of altered version of the Magnificence's plan:
Rung keeps Primus
Rodimus gets Solomus
Ratchet gets Adaptus
Nautica gets Epistimus
Whirl gets Mortilus
Those assignments actually line up a lot better character-wise imo!

It's a little far-fetched, but makes sense to me at least :-P (of course, so did my two previous nonsense LL theories. But shhhh :-$ )
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:30 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
ArmadaPrime wrote:I think that the Magnificence's four key players (Rodimus, Ratchet, Rung, and Tailgate) are meant to serve as new hosts for the Guiding Hand.
I'm not sure who the fifth is- possibly Megatron, who wasn't around for the magnificence to mention last issue, or possibly Pharma/Adaptus as he's already in a new body. I'm also not sure of the assignment exactly. Rung would presumably keep Primus, Rodimus would get Solomus or Primus, Ratchet would get Adaptus or Epistimus, the others I'm not too sure about. Crucially though I think this would be a symbiotic possession rather than a parasitic one; the bots wouldn't have to die. Think less "stealing your body" and more "guardian spirit".

Now what gets interesting is that the Magnificence's four are currently split up. On the ship right now with the architect are Rod, Ratchet, Rung, Nautica, and Whirl. This kinda leads to what I think might actually happen, as a sort of altered version of the Magnificence's plan:
Rung keeps Primus
Rodimus gets Solomus
Ratchet gets Adaptus
Nautica gets Epistimus
Whirl gets Mortilus

It's a little far-fetched, but makes sense to me at least :-P (of course, so did my two previous nonsense LL theories. But shhhh :-$ )
Not as far-fetched as you might think. I don't think it'll happen exactly that way, but it is a plausible theory. ;)^ And it has kind of a Jinchuriki vibe from Naruto Shippuden. :lol:

And I agree with Amelie about the cover. It looks really good, better than Senior's Regeneration One stuff. That series belonged to Guido Guidi as far as covers went.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Randomhero » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:37 am

ArmadaPrime wrote:Okay, so as of ZeroWolf's comment, I think we're out of frontpage-spoiler territory. At least, that's what's showing on my laptop. As such, on with the latest round of my increasingly absurd theorising!

I think that the Magnificence's four key players (Rodimus, Ratchet, Rung, and Tailgate) are meant to serve as new hosts for the Guiding Hand.

Rung keeps Primus
Rodimus gets Solomus
Ratchet gets Adaptus
Nautica gets Epistimus
Whirl gets Mortilus

I think you’re missing the point. Yes they have some significance but it’s not about the guiding hand taking on new representatives. The guiding hands has always been those people. It’s not about passing a torch, they don’t remember who they are because of information creep.

I think a bigger possibility is those characters are the same as the guiding hand but have to be sent in time to become the guiding hand...or the Magnificance just thinks they’re important. More than likely that.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ArmadaPrime » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:49 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:Not as far-fetched as you might think. I don't think it'll happen exactly that way, but it is a plausible theory. ;)^ And it has kind of a Jinchuriki vibe from Naruto Shippuden. :lol:

And I agree with Amelie about the cover. It looks really good, better than Senior's Regeneration One stuff. That series belonged to Guido Guido as far as covers went.

Thats exactly the kind of vibe I was meaning, yes! I was trying desperately to remember a good example of it in other fiction but you got it in one ;)
I think the fact that Tyrest/Solomus managed to spacebridge into Adaptus' mind demonstrates that there's not only a link between them, but definitely something a little more supernatural to them than your regular bot!

And agreed, that cover is ruddy fantastic.
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster

Postby Dr. Caelus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:06 am

Prima Rung.jpg
I don't know about this...
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby ScottyP » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:26 am

^ That's a more literal connection than I'd ever (intend to) suggest ;) Started and ended at "glasses" for me, and I'm realizing now I probably should have left that in a discarded draft :lol:
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:03 pm

ArmadaPrime wrote:Okay, so as of ZeroWolf's comment, I think we're out of frontpage-spoiler territory. At least, that's what's showing on my laptop. As such, on with the latest round of my increasingly absurd theorising!

Rung keeps Primus
Rodimus gets Solomus
Ratchet gets Adaptus
Nautica gets Epistimus
Whirl gets Mortilus

You know I was wondering the same thing, but then I went further...
What if...the guiding hand aren't going anywhere, though they are missing a finger, but they need counterparts, and the magnificence's five are going to be deputised...I mean most beings have two hands right?

I'm of course dead wrong, as I some how lack the ability to fully guess what Roberts is going to do (not a bad thing).
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby ArmadaPrime » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:34 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:You know I was wondering the same thing, but then I went further...
What if...the guiding hand aren't going anywhere, though they are missing a finger, but they need counterparts, and the magnificence's five are going to be deputised...I mean most beings have two hands right?

I'm of course dead wrong, as I some how lack the ability to fully guess what Roberts is going to do (not a bad thing).

Oooohh, I like that! Something like the Guiding Hand and the Following Hand, perhaps?
And I wouldn't worry too much about Mortilus, according to legend the Hand brought him back from death once before anyway...
I really do feel like one of our two theories has gotta be right! Naturally, I fully expect to be proven wrong within two pages of #23 :lol:
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster

Postby Dr. Caelus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Given the events in Optimus Prime, do the Thirteen exist in the Functionist universe?
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:27 am

ArmadaPrime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:You know I was wondering the same thing, but then I went further...

Oooohh, I like that! Something like the Guiding Hand and the Following Hand, perhaps?
And I wouldn't worry too much about Mortilus, according to legend the Hand brought him back from death once before anyway...
I really do feel like one of our two theories has gotta be right! Naturally, I fully expect to be proven wrong within two pages of #23 :lol:

:lol: still speculation is fun as well ;-) even if the truth is something we never saw coming!
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby JereRB2ND » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:37 am

Caelus wrote:Given the events in Optimus Prime, do the Thirteen exist in the Functionist universe?

The two universes don't diverge until Megaton's creation/death. The Thirteen had already abandoned the planet at that point. (excepting Alpha Trion). Since the Functionalists largely kept their shenanigans to Cybertron, it stands to reason that the Thirteen of this universe would be in whatever state they are in ours.
JereRB2ND
Mini-Con

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:34 am

...but wait a moment...does that mean there's a second shockwave running around the functionist universe...along with a second unicron? After all those things are all fixed in place after the divergence point
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby ArmadaPrime » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:06 pm

JereRB2ND wrote:
Caelus wrote:Given the events in Optimus Prime, do the Thirteen exist in the Functionist universe?

The two universes don't diverge until Megaton's creation/death. The Thirteen had already abandoned the planet at that point. (excepting Alpha Trion). Since the Functionalists largely kept their shenanigans to Cybertron, it stands to reason that the Thirteen of this universe would be in whatever state they are in ours.

ZeroWolf wrote:...but wait a moment...does that mean there's a second shockwave running around the functionist universe...along with a second unicron? After all those things are all fixed in place after the divergence point

I don't think, in the Functionist-U, Shockwave would have ever been subject to Empurata. With no Decepticon movement the whole drama between the Senate, Sentinel Prime, and Shockwave's Jhiaxian Institute would've gone down way differently- I think Senator Shockwave and his outliers would likely join up with Megatron's new faction somewhere down the road.
Besides, even if he had fallen victim to the Council, a post-empurata Shockwave would have no Decepticon faction to help further his plans, so I doubt the whole black-whole-time-travel gambit would ever come to pass.
Which means that the Functionist-Thirteen are actually the original Thirteen, without any of Shockwave's machinations. But we know that it's only because of Shockwave's meddling that the Thirteen's story turned out how we know it did, and so the Functionist-Thirteen would probably be nothing like the original legends of the Thirteen, and... Image
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr T 1:30 Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240207 3T Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240105 2A (CA) Nakayama (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #4 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics MAR230302 4C MOTU Ossio"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr O LTD virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230218 1O (CA) Nakayama"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240191 3D (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr J Blank Authentix (White) Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230212 1J"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZH FOC 1:10 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC237144 1ZH (CA) Liefeld"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240106 2B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr U 1:40 Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240208 3U (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Q 1:10 Line Art Dynamite Comics DEC230220 1Q (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #3 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 JUL210317 3B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240190 3C (W/CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr J LTD virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240114 2J (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr O 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240119 2O (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON