This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HASCON 2017 Discussion

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

HASCON 2017 Discussion

Postby Va'al » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:21 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
After a lot of speculation, rumours, whispers and CybertronCon in the way, we have official confirmation on Hasbro's plans for its licensed properties and their event showcasing: HASCON 2017 has just been announced! The event's website is already active, and can be found here, the press release is avaliable below, and the details are: 8-10 September 2017, Rhode Island Convention & Dunkin Donuts Center. Check it out below, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Hasbro to Create the Ultimate Entertainment and Play Experience by Bringing Its Iconic Brands to Life with First-Ever ‘HASCON’

First-of-Its-Kind Convention Will Bring Fans and Families Together for Three Days of Immersive Entertainment Experiences, Talent and Character Appearances, Panels and More in September 2017

PAWTUCKET, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), a global play and entertainment company, announced it is creating the first-ever HASCON fan and family convention in September 2017. The massive event, which will be held in Providence at the Rhode Island Convention Center and Dunkin Donuts Center from September 8-10, 2017, will treat attendees to three unforgettable days featuring a celebration of Hasbro’s powerful characters and stories, including live interactive experiences, exclusive products, talent appearances, panels and much more.

From bringing the first action figure to life with G.I. JOE, to creating a world where robots are truly ‘more than meets the eye’ with TRANSFORMERS, Hasbro’s brands have always overflowed with rich stories and dynamic, multi-faceted characters, providing an incredible platform to capture the imaginations of fans of all ages. The premiere HASCON event will bring the magic of decades of storytelling under one roof for the ultimate, immersive Hasbro fan and family experience. Hasbro’s top properties, including TRANSFORMERS, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF, MAGIC THE GATHERING, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, G.I. JOE and many others will be reimagined through dynamic stage performances and unique opportunities for fans to engage with their favorite characters. In addition to interactive experiences designed to offer attendees a glimpse into Hasbro’s imaginative storytelling in action, visitors will have the chance to see first-look previews of Hasbro’s biggest television and movie series, attend panels and meet-and-greets with celebrities and creative talent associated with Hasbro brands, take part in Hasbro Gaming competitions and purchase special limited-edition Hasbro products.

“Hasbro is home to many of the world’s most recognizable brands, each of them with their own group of passionate and engaged fans,” said John Frascotti, President of Hasbro Brands. “HASCON will deliver an extraordinary peek behind the curtain of our brands, storytelling, and iconic characters while giving us the opportunity to invite fans and families to our hometown for the most memorable, unified Hasbro experience ever.”

For all of the latest information on HASCON 2017, please visit http://hascon.hasbro.com

About Hasbro
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. The Company's Hasbro Studios and its film label, Allspark Pictures, are building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Through its commitment to corporate social responsibility and philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to make the world a better place for children and their families. Learn more at http://www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:29 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
So is this officially supposed to be the replacement/successor for BotCon?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Va'al » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:31 am

Sabrblade wrote:So is this officially supposed to be the replacement/successor for BotCon?

Maybe. Maybe not. But definitely a new Club starting!
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... lub/36557/
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Rodimus Knight » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:38 am

I tried to register for updates and was told I don't qualify at this time
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby Va'al » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:42 am

Rodimus Knight wrote:I tried to register for updates and was told I don't qualify at this time

They seem to still be tweaking their subscription sites, yes, I had the same issue. I'd give it some time before asking for help though!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:48 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sabrblade wrote:So is this officially supposed to be the replacement/successor for BotCon?

I think Successor would be the better word. I find it really cool that its in Rhode Island, thats the heart of Hasbro.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4462
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sigma Magnus » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:57 am

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
Hopefully it'll be big enough for all the fandoms to fit...
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:01 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Sigma Magnus wrote:Hopefully it'll be big enough for all the fandoms to fit...
You mean big enough for the two fandoms (TF and MLP) and the random few Average Joes who have an interest in the other brands. ;) :-P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby Va'al » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:13 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:Hopefully it'll be big enough for all the fandoms to fit...
You mean big enough for the two fandoms (TF and MLP) and the random few Average Joes who have an interest in the other brands. ;) :-P

Oh, sure, because Magic the Gathering has so few players. And Nerf sells so little.

...giant NERF fight with giant robots! THE POSSIBILITIES!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby It Is Him » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:15 am

In Rhode Island no less! It makes me wonder if a Hasbro tour will be included in the events. I can't wait for more details
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby nycPrime » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:41 am

So who's going?
nycPrime
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:46 am

nycPrime wrote:So who's going?

Let's see. Going to a convention (which is cool no doubt) or affording all the awesome stuff due to come out next year.

I'll be staying home.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 40
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Cobotron » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:07 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
This is good news! For everybody!
Glad to see the wheels are in motion.

Bad news. Those dates fall right on the week of both my daughters birthdays.
Good news. They both like MLP, and TFs, and toys in general. :lol:
Now to get the wife on board. Wish me luck!
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby nycPrime » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:15 am

Cobotron wrote:This is good news! For everybody!

Shouldn't be that hard as there is a lot to do in that area. Newport, RI is right there, and is a lovely town. You can easily make a nice trip of it.
nycPrime
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Cobotron » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:19 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
nycPrime wrote:

Shouldn't be that hard as there is a lot to do in that area. Newport, RI is right there, and is a lovely town. You can easily make a nice trip of it.
Ha! I just remebered! My wife lived in Providence for a year, and has a great friend there! Yes. It could really happen! Hi-fives all around!!!!!
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:37 am

Pretty sure this means no dealer area right? Looks more like an expo.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby xRotorstormx » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:41 am

Motto: ""Get into your enemy's mind. And then beat him at his own evil game.""
william-james88 wrote:Pretty sure this means no dealer area right? Looks more like an expo.

Certainly seems that way to a lot of folks, which would be a total downer.

The negative to this, I already know my husband will probably not go. He isn't into this stuff at all but really enjoyed the last 2 Botcons because of the people and the narrow focus. I don't see him enjoying a huge convention like this but I could be wrong...not that it would deter me from going but you know.

At least I like Rhode Island and it gives me an excuse to go back home to CT to visit my folks late in the year.

I will say though .... TRANSFORMERS MONOPOLY CONTEST!! See if we can get the record for longest game played :lol:
xRotorstormx
Fuzor
News Credits: 138
Watch xRotorstormx on YouTube
Buy from xRotorstormx on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:53 am

xRotorstormx wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Pretty sure this means no dealer area right? Looks more like an expo.

But there are local shows though and fan events, like TFCon, that should still fill that need. And this would contrast those events by being the one event that is more about the brand itself rather than a place to buy things (aside from official merchandise). I see it like Star Wars Celebration or D20 Disney Expo where its all about the companies giving back to fans and celebrating the event without you needing to spend more money once you get in. It could be a breather and more of a vacation.

Just trying to make you feel better :)

And if its seeing one's good friends that made the convention so special, then thats the easiest thing to keep happening, just make this event your new hangout :) And hey, you could be introducing new fans to TFs and maybe get to learn more about other brands too. I only see this as a chance to make more friends rather than not seeing people.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby RAR » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:29 pm

Did you see that footage of some embarrassment of interpretive dance that was at some event a few months back - people were laughing at the time they said - yeah we are doing more of this - well I note they are doing it at Hascon too.

I hope they don't expect people to pay to see it is all on top of the ticket prices. as I think they will get some empty seats from some crowds.

I hesitate to mention this as it's sort of comes under the banner of things best not mentioned so as to not start a huge argument - but since the Hasbro convention is also a "Magic the Gathering" Convention and they are likely going to have some sort of tournament - isn't there a possibility of some culture clash between the tournament and the rest of the convention - not to mention there is a turf war in table top gaming to control it based on certain lets say "special interests" and leave it a that, Lets just say that any info given out with tickets and the like is going to make for some very interesting fine print reading.

MTG aside though do wonder if there might be some really big culture clashes going on here - for example some Transformers fans seem to be fond of Gi Joe and even tolerant or passingly fond of MLP - but what about other things Hasbro might want to shoehorn in.

If they said - your convention exclusive is a Nemesis Prime version of Mr. Potato head Optimus Prime - they might get some funny looks I would expect.

But on the other hand I would expect MLP Seeker-Ponies would go down a storm.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Emerje » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:59 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Are you kidding me, Hasbro? September? Why wedge it in between SDCC, Cybertroncon, and NYCC? What was great about BotCon was that it was a spring/early summer convention to fill the gap between Toy Fair in February and SDCC in July, we don't need another convention on the back half of the year!

I'm also very concerned about this convention being a little too family and kid friendly at the risk of alienating the die hard adult fans and collectors that other conventions (especially BotCon) cater to. I don't know if as a single adult I'm going to feel comfortable sharing space with a bunch of kids and judgmental parents. How do you do a Transformers panel without talking over the kids heads and talking down to the adult fans?

I don't know. I want to be excited because this is within driving distance for me (less than four hours), but I need to know that it's worth actually attending.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 228
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:01 pm

Emerje wrote:I'm also very concerned about this convention being a little too family and kid friendly at the risk of alienating the die hard adult fans and collectors that other conventions (especially BotCon) cater to. I don't know if as a single adult I'm going to feel comfortable sharing space with a bunch of kids and judgmental parents. How do you do a Transformers panel without talking over the kids heads and talking down to the adult fans?

We could ask the ton of adults who attend Star Wars celebration every year.

Good job on pointing out the date though, I had not caught that. That blows for reveals.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby no-one » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:01 pm

Cobotron wrote:
nycPrime wrote:

Ha! I just remebered! My wife lived in Providence for a year, and has a great friend there! Yes. It could really happen! Hi-fives all around!!!!!

xRotorstormx wrote:I will say though .... TRANSFORMERS MONOPOLY CONTEST!! See if we can get the record for longest game played :lol:
Friendships are made and broke at the cutthroat Monopoly table. :twisted:

Emerje wrote:I'm also very concerned about this convention being a little too family and kid friendly at the risk of alienating the die hard adult fans and collectors that other conventions (especially BotCon) cater to. I don't know if as a single adult I'm going to feel comfortable sharing space with a bunch of kids and judgmental parents. How do you do a Transformers panel without talking over the kids heads and talking down to the adult fans?
I feel ya, let's hope they figure out how to find a happy middle ground. They are casting a pretty big net, so let's see what they drag up.

The dealer room was my favorite spot at Botcon (but hanging with friends and meeting other fans was better), it will be interesting to see what it becomes. If no official dealer room is available, I'd imagine there will be some down the hall on the 3rd floor pop up dealer rooms to be found.

There is so little info available at this time, or I just don't know how to click links :-? I don't know, it may be fun to take a TF break and see what's going on behind the other curtains.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby ScottyP » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:04 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
xRotorstormx wrote:

Am I missing something? I don't see any reason there wouldn't be.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:22 pm

ScottyP wrote:
xRotorstormx wrote:

Just basing it off the fact that no corporate run events have dealer areas. My insider source said it was based on Star Wars celebration and everything they told me so far has happenned.

You can also look at CybertronCon which had an uncanny amount of corporate backing. That show didn't have a dealer area either.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Delicon » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:31 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
ScottyP wrote:
xRotorstormx wrote:

Yeah, I was confused by that, too. Dealer room (or rooms) allows Hasbro to sell space to vendors which equals easy money. Why would Hasbro not want that revenue?

Personally, I will attend mainly because 1) Providence is within driving distance of me and 2) because of the 10 BotCons I attended that particular city had the nicest total convention setup.

I just hope that with the announcement of the new club also comes an announcement of a new Transformers only official convention. I am not knocking TFCon but BotCon had perks that TFCon didn't, in terms of product reveals and officially licensed toys among other things. It sounds like HASCON will have this as well but I think our fandom is large enough and loyal enough to warrant its own convention. No offense to GI Joe, but how do they have their own convention still and we don't?
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 2

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #34 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210495 34B (CA) Margevich (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #34 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #27 IDW Comics 2014 27A (CA) Coller"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231010R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1123IM345 4D (CA) Greene"
TRANSFORMERS #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222G"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210588 3RI (CA) Milne"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 4A 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Spotlight CLIFFJUMPER RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 (CA) Coller 231208C"
Transformers Spotl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #7 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915H"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210580 36A (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #1 Vol 1 G1 Autobots Dreamwave Comics 2002 (CA) Lee"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #68 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Turner 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #33 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 MAY210466 33B (CA) Lloyd (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #33 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #1 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 FEB229537 1C (CA) Spence"
Transformers LAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON