This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Schick Hydro and Transformers: The Last Knight Limited Edition

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Schick Hydro and Transformers: The Last Knight Limited Edition

Postby Bronzewolf » Sat May 06, 2017 2:28 pm

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Today TFW2005 user NebulanFree found a new series of Transformers-branded Schick shaving products at Walgreens! You now can pick up razors, shaving cream and more with your favorite Autobots branded on the package! Check out the images of the promotional stand-up with the new gear below, as well as a "New" commercial created for the stand's built in screens!

----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Non-Toy Products Discussion Thread

Postby Deadput » Sat May 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
I too have always wanted Optimus to take shave my face
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Bronzewolf » Sat May 06, 2017 6:59 pm

Deadput wrote:I too have always wanted Optimus to take shave my face

A clean-shaven face is the right of all sentient beings?
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster

Postby Burn » Sat May 06, 2017 7:05 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Seriously, these marketing people are aware another faction exists yeah?

I mean it's not like shaving stuff is aimed at kids. Not every adult wants a Bumblbee shaver! Give us some Barricade aftershave. "To shave and moisturise" ... or some other lame catch phrase.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Deadput » Sat May 06, 2017 7:13 pm

Burn wrote:Seriously, these marketing people are aware another faction exists yeah?

I mean it's not like shaving stuff is aimed at kids. Not every adult wants a Bumblbee shaver! Give us some Barricade aftershave. "To shave and moisturise" ... or some other lame catch phrase.

Decepticons to non fan are either generally unpopular or don't care about them.

Bad guys in children shows most of the time don't tend to be beloved anymore unless it's Star Wars and even then the mooks are treated like crap.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Burn » Sat May 06, 2017 7:33 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Deadput wrote:
Burn wrote:Seriously, these marketing people are aware another faction exists yeah?

Decepticons to non fan are either generally unpopular or don't care about them.

Bad guys in children shows most of the time don't tend to be beloved anymore unless it's Star Wars and even then the mooks are treated like crap.

Oh look, here's Deadput to disagree again. :roll:

READ WHAT I POSTED.

This line is clearly NOT aimed at children, so your second paragraph is irrelevant, PLUS I ALREADY KNOW THAT! So thanks for the completely pointless lecture, do I look like a n00b?

As for your first paragraph, non-fans aren't going to give a flying hoot whats on them, they're just going to grab them. This is why I said what I said, I don't get what the marketing department is thinking with this constant stream of Autobot bias we continue to see.

This isn't for kids.
Non-fans aren't going to care.
Not all fans are Autobot fans.

Hopefully that will make my point, though I'm sure you'll find a way to argue. It's what you do.
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Deadput » Sat May 06, 2017 9:22 pm

Burn wrote:
Oh look, here's Deadput to disagree again. :roll:

READ WHAT I POSTED.

This line is clearly NOT aimed at children, so your second paragraph is irrelevant, PLUS I ALREADY KNOW THAT! So thanks for the completely pointless lecture, do I look like a n00b?

As for your first paragraph, non-fans aren't going to give a flying hoot whats on them, they're just going to grab them. This is why I said what I said, I don't get what the marketing department is thinking with this constant stream of Autobot bias we continue to see.

This isn't for kids.
Non-fans aren't going to care.
Not all fans are Autobot fans.

Hopefully that will make my point, though I'm sure you'll find a way to argue. It's what you do.

Ok Burn what did I do? Did I say I was disagreeing by stating some simple trivia?

I wasn't talking about the kids I was talking about the non fan adults and wasn't trying to be lecturing I was just trying to state things and contribute to casual discussion.

Fact is there aren't many standard non fan people who care about Decepticons in any medium it's the same reason we see Prime and Bee again and again most people don't care much about the bad guys especially in a franchise mostly aimed at children unless their the generic Stormtroopers and Darth Vader or his copy cats (Kylo Ren)

Well I have no tolerance to negativity ironically enough (I'm a hypocrite sometimes but I have legit anger issues I can't get a hold on forever) which is my cause for arguments since I have a Templar mentality which is not a good combination with anger.

I like Cons too but we will probably never see wide spread retail Decepticon merchandise besides toys and shirts the only one who might be able to is Megatron and his designs are always changing in both body shape and colors so he isn't as recognizable as Bee and Prime to the casuals.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby DeathReviews » Sat May 06, 2017 10:20 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
Because, ya know, when I need a shave the FIRST thing I think is 'What would a Transformer use?'
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Postby Burn » Sun May 07, 2017 12:01 am

Oh look, he couldn't help but argue. What a surprise.
Deadput wrote:I wasn't talking about the kids

Bad guys in children shows

See how things can be misconstrued? Whatever.

Fact is there aren't many standard non fan people who care about Decepticons in any medium it's the same reason we see Prime and Bee again and again most people don't care much about the bad guys especially in a franchise mostly aimed at children unless their the generic Stormtroopers and Darth Vader or his copy cats (Kylo Ren)

Which brings me back to the point of whether marketing knows about the other faction. Duh!

DeathReviews wrote:Because, ya know, when I need a shave the FIRST thing I think is 'What would a Transformer use?'

Well I get the feeling we shouldn't ask Hound. :-P
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby NebulanFree » Mon May 08, 2017 2:03 pm

I found what, now?
-NebulanFree
NebulanFree
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Bronzewolf » Mon May 08, 2017 2:12 pm

NebulanFree wrote:I found what, now?

I totally forgot you had an account here, too! Sorry, I'll give you a news credit. Did you not find the Schick stuff? You were credited on TFW.
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster

Shick Hydro and Transformers: The Last Knight Limited Edition Handles and Perks

Postby Va'al » Mon May 08, 2017 4:22 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
After the first sighting of the Transformers: The Last Knight partnership with Schick (Wilkison Sword in UK, for those keeping up to speed on brands) - as reported here - we have received some information and commercial clip for the new line of men's razors with a Transformers theme, featuring the company's "mascot" Hydrobot.

You can check out more information below on how far the partnership actually goes, including an IDW comic, money contests, movie perks, and watch the commercial clip featuring the tiny sharp hero and a bigger, more Optimus Prime shaped one, in 'Fist Bump'! Also, stay tuned for more on that comic front...

Schick Hydro announced today its partnership with the ultimate super hero franchise, Transformers, featuring the ultimate alliance of 'Technology That Transforms'. The partnership features:

Dedicated TV Commercial: The collaboration launches with a new TV commercial directed by renowned filmmaker and Transformers veteran, Michael Bay. The exclusive spot features the Schick Hydro 5 razor transforming into the Schick Hydro brand super hero, Hydrobot, with a fist bump from Optimus Prime for protecting mankind one face at a time.

Limited Edition Collectible Razors: Fellow fan men can experience a great shave with the new, limited edition, collectible Schick Hydro handles, featuring fan favorite Autobots and Decepticons (Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Megatron). Available now at your local mass, drug and grocery retailers.

One-of-a-kind Comic Book: The book features a dedicated Transformers storyline, unveiling the origin of the Schick Hydro brand super hero (Hydrobot) alongside Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Megatron. Authored and illustrated by industry notables, John Barber and Steve Kurth, the book will be available in digital form in early May on the IDW and Transformers Comic Book apps.

In-Store Offers/Promotions: Fans can also get in on the action at participating Walgreens stores, where they can 'Shazam' different in-store displays for a chance to win $5,000 in May and get free movie tickets beginning June 4 (with a $15 purchase of Schick Men's Razors or Edge Shave Gel).

For additional information, please visit http://www.schick.com/hydro/limited-edition.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Shick Hydro and Transformers: The Last Knight Limited Edition Handles and Perks

Postby Burn » Mon May 08, 2017 4:28 pm

Va'al wrote:

Huzzah! Decepticon stuff!

What countries will these be available in?
Though I've been a Gilette man for 25+ years.
Burn
Forum Admin

Re: Schick Hydro and Transformers: The Last Knight Limited Edition

Postby Black Bumblebee » Mon May 08, 2017 7:59 pm

Okay, so there's a razor with a Decepticon logo on it?

I'm in.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue May 09, 2017 12:35 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Optimus, you vandal! :O
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Re: Shick Hydro and Transformers: The Last Knight Limited Edition Handles and Perks

Postby Va'al » Tue May 09, 2017 2:10 am

Burn wrote:
Va'al wrote:

Huzzah! Decepticon stuff!

What countries will these be available in?
Though I've been a Gilette man for 25+ years.

We'll know more soon, official press release not yet sent out. :D
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Schick Hydrobot & The Transformers One-Shot from IDW Publishing

Postby Va'al » Tue May 30, 2017 1:26 am

You'll remember the story about Schick Hydro and the limited edition razor handles (covered here), but what you may not remember is that Schick, Hasbro and IDW Publishing have partnered up to create a one-shot movieverse comic - written by John Barber and with art by Steve Kurth - featuring the Transformers cast and the company's mascotte: Hydrobot!

Check out below the cover reveal, with art by Sara Pitre Durocher, and stay tuned on Seibertron.com for more exclusive content any time soon!

Schick’s Hydrobot makes his debut in a one-of-a-kind comic book, featuring a new Transformers storyline, which unveils Hydrobot’s origin alongside fan-favorite characters Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Hound, and Megatron!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Kurona » Tue May 30, 2017 4:55 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
This is one of those things that hovers that fine line between best thing and worst thing.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue May 30, 2017 5:24 am

Dammit IDW. I want some proper new movie-verse comics...
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Ig89ninja » Tue May 30, 2017 7:53 am

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Umm, why are we getting this, and not something about Quintessa?
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine

Ig89ninja
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Skill: ???

Postby Kurona » Tue May 30, 2017 10:07 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Nothing was said about us getting something dumb instead of proper movieverse comics; we could easily be getting those too. Just that we are getting something very dumb along with proper movieverse comics.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue May 30, 2017 10:12 am

I don't remember them doing much for Age of Extinction like they did for the previous movies so I'm not holding my breath for IDW doing proper comics for The Last Knight. :/

For a gimmicky comic that is a really nice cover though. Wonder if the comic art itself is of high quality too.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby galvatron00 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:36 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Hydrobot seems like the official take on the unofficial Oreobot.
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue May 30, 2017 10:47 am

youtube really does have some dumb crap on it, eh?

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby galvatron00 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:23 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Carnivius_Prime wrote:youtube really does have some dumb crap on it, eh?
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #16 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220504 16A (CA) Lopez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 APR210676 5B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220491 14B (CA) Chi"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers G1 Insecticons complete + more Hasbro 1985 221122A"
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MPG-02 GETSUEI Transformers Masterpiece G1 Trainbots Raiden Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
MPG-02 GETSUEI Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Oversized SWINDLE guns Transformers G1 KO (Korean Destronger?) unknown 200118A"
Oversized SWINDLE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
SKIDS Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PANTHER Transformers Beast Wars McDonalds Happy Meal Fast Food Premium 230609A"
PANTHER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G2 DECEPTICON MADNESS Flip 'n' Fun Activity Pad 1993 210713A"
Transformers G2 DE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #16 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220506 16RI (CA) Stone"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers BEAST WARS ANNUAL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220440 (CA) Miller"
Transformers BEAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON