This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

SDCC 2017: Hasbro Transformers Panel, Featuring Power of the Primes, The Last Knight, Machinima

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: SDCC 2017: Hasbro Transformers Panel, Featuring Power of the Primes, The Last Knight, Machinima

Postby King Kuuga » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:27 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
RAR wrote:For example there is a nice Purple one and it's not Alpha Trion.
Speaking of which how are they going to explain that he's in Titan's Returns as a full robot - kill him off Star Wars style ?

The same way they explained Optimus Prime going from a Combiner torso to a Powermaster to whatever he is in POTP: by not saying anything.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: SDCC 2017: Hasbro Transformers Panel, Featuring Power of the Primes, The Last Knight, Machinima

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:32 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
That transforming Bumblebee display is downright awesome. I kind of want to have something like that one day for a Rodimus but I don't think I'll ever have that sort of disposable income :lol:
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby RAR » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:02 am

King Kuuga wrote:The same way they explained Optimus Prime going from a Combiner torso to a Powermaster to whatever he is in POTP: by not saying anything.

I had half a thought to the fiction be it some sort of comic tie in - the story told in parts included with the toys or if they ever make one of those comedy webseries for the 3rd line.

It might be nice if they showed Alpha Trion making some big sacrifice in the 2nd webseries so if they decide to make a 3rd on they have the set up.

I think they miss-stepped though with the marketing of Prime Wars as there is an almost complete disconnect with the fiction and the products ; the the same extent there was with Beast Hunters.

I'm going to be 100% head-canon on this one I suspect as I wouldn't be surprised if what IDW comes up with would be pretty halfhearted the 2nd webseries is kinda pointless - if it's advertising a dead toyline and personally I'd rather do what I want to do with the toys and use my "Imagination" and not be hogtied into faithfully following some marketing execs or indifferent comic writer's fanfiction.

Considering how poorly paid people are in the comics industry these days that they can even produce the product with the pages glued in the correct order seems like a minor miracle to me. But I certainly don't want to be hanging an entire franchise on something one step up from cereal box comics in terms of the investment the person writing it is going to have.

Maybe i'm being overly judgemental but it seems pretty clear that IDW is way more interested in sowing it's own seeds than it is working on Hasbro's farm.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:25 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
RAR wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:The same way they explained Optimus Prime going from a Combiner torso to a Powermaster to whatever he is in POTP: by not saying anything.

I had half a thought to the fiction be it some sort of comic tie in - the story told in parts included with the toys or if they ever make one of those comedy webseries for the 3rd line.

It might be nice if they showed Alpha Trion making some big sacrifice in the 2nd webseries so if they decide to make a 3rd on they have the set up.
Is Alpha Trion even going to be in the web series? His name wasn't included in the voice cast list.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2023 JUN230420 (CA) Gonzales"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #6 Cvr I 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics 2023 MAR230501 6I (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #6 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr H 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUN230686 9H (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER RANGERS #2 1:25 incv var Boom Studios Comics 2020 OCT200940 (CA) Montes"
POWER RANGERS #2 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr L 1:25 Boom Studios Comics OCT220280 1L (CA)Eastman+Williams"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr X 1:10 FOC Dynamite Comics DEC228474 3X (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr X ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #8 Cvr H 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAY230550 8H (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #8 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr F 1:10 Boom Studios Comics FEB230325 5F (CA)Eastman+Williams"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr J 1:15 B&W Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT220551 1J (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr J ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr F Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUN230684 9F Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #118 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2024 JAN240055 118C"
NEW!
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #115 Cvr F 1:50 Boom Studios Comics OCT230079 115F"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230278 3A (CA) Crain"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #110 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Studios Comics MAY230345 110D"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON