This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: Unicron Mini-Series Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: Unicron Mini-Series Thread

Postby Steponahen Day » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:32 am

Motto: "Always expect the unexpected"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Having caught up with the whole thing, I really just want to see Unicron devour a universe in its full before he dies, if he even dies considering he has pretty much all of Shockwave's ores on him. But I hope that with Megatron's return things take a change, hoping Megatron isn't a Decepticon again which seems unlikely.

But Unicron needs to be able to devour an entire universe in our view for once, we've been told he's done it before but we've never seen it happen apart from a few planets getting eaten. In fact, I feel as if I might be the only one wants Unicron to win and devour everything. So All hail Unicron, the Chaos Bringer.
Steponahen Day
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Demon of destruction
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Steponahen Day » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:32 am

Motto: "Always expect the unexpected"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Having caught up with the whole thing, I really just want to see Unicron devour a universe in its full before he dies, if he even dies considering he has pretty much all of Shockwave's ores on him. But I hope that with Megatron's return things take a change, hoping Megatron isn't a Decepticon again which seems unlikely.

But Unicron needs to be able to devour an entire universe in our view for once, we've been told he's done it before but we've never seen it happen apart from a few planets getting eaten. In fact, I feel as if I might be the only one wants Unicron to win and devour everything. So All hail Unicron, the Chaos Bringer.
Steponahen Day
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Demon of destruction
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:09 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Hate to break it to you but I doubt the return of that character will impact the unicron series. Would love to be wrong but everyone involved with ll is just going to sit this one out.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Randomhero » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:17 am

Steponahen Day wrote:Having caught up with the whole thing, I really just want to see Unicron devour a universe in its full before he dies, if he even dies considering he has pretty much all of Shockwave's ores on him. But I hope that with Megatron's return things take a change, hoping Megatron isn't a Decepticon again which seems unlikely.

Yeah I kinda want a continuity that’s been the longest running amount of stories not be destroyed. The series deserves a good ending and Megatron and LL arnt part of this.

Also hate to break it to you but Optimus Prime #25 takes place after unicron #6. It’s an epilogue to the entire IDW-verse. So spoiler alert: they win. Shocking.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:29 am

Well to be fair, they win...but at what cost? It's going to be fun to see what the fallout is still this universe draws to a close. Though it will be interesting to see how long we'll have to wait till the next iteration begins :-?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Randomhero » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:22 am

ZeroWolf wrote:Well to be fair, they win...but at what cost? It's going to be fun to see what the fallout is still this universe draws to a close. Though it will be interesting to see how long we'll have to wait till the next iteration begins :-?

Probably January.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:33 am

I don’t even want a new G1 continuity after this. Just do a Cyberverse ongoing to go with that show. Give G1 a break for a while.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:44 am

I could be open to that :-? Or even do miniseries based on other continuities, like rid 2001 etc
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Randomhero » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:43 am

ZeroWolf wrote:Hate to break it to you but I doubt the return of that character will impact the unicron series. Would love to be wrong but everyone involved with ll is just going to sit this one out.

Ya know while reading lost light 22 and halfway through all dialogue of the coming of something that’s a threat to the universe I was literally saying out loud “oh god is this really tied in with Unicron?!” And then the final page reveal made me say “oh thank god!”

I really don’t think it’s going to have to do with Unicron. It’s james story that’s he’s planned since the get go however with Megatron back I am questioning that now. However with him back Lost Light will either end with them heading home and Optimus Prime#25 will be the a reunion with everyone(as it should be since it’s the final al IDW-verse issue coming out in October) or megatron takes whoever is left alive back to the functionalist universe.

I’m kinda good with either.

Cybertron isn’t surviving. I’ve made peace with that. The last stand will be on earth and when they defeat unicron earth will be this place everyone lives together.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:51 am

Randomhero wrote:I don’t even want a new G1 continuity after this. Just do a Cyberverse ongoing to go with that show. Give G1 a break for a while.
I'd be down for that.

ZeroWolf wrote:I could be open to that :-? Or even do miniseries based on other continuities, like rid 2001 etc
This too. How long have Animated fans said they'd settle for a comic? Basically forever, yeah?

Never-gonna-happen pipe dream for me: the conclusion of Furman's Energon run gets made.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:04 am

ScottyP wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I don’t even want a new G1 continuity after this. Just do a Cyberverse ongoing to go with that show. Give G1 a break for a while.
I'd be down for that.

ZeroWolf wrote:I could be open to that :-? Or even do miniseries based on other continuities, like rid 2001 etc
This too. How long have Animated fans said they'd settle for a comic? Basically forever, yeah?

Never-gonna-happen pipe dream for me: the conclusion of Furman's Energon run gets made.

Yeah that’ll never happen for a lot of reasons. Mostly because IDW isn’t gonna she’ll out the cash to give everyone who participated in that series the back pay that Dreamwave didn’t pay them and becuase Simon already released the scripts for the issues never made.

It’s an okay read to see where that series was going but like Worlds Collide it was Furman not using existing characters and toys from the line that it’s suppose to be about which was kind of a middle finger to Energon.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:51 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Randomhero wrote:Cybertron isn’t surviving. I’ve made peace with that. The last stand will be on earth and when they defeat unicron earth will be this place everyone lives together.

Unless, hear me out, unless the last issue of LL and OP reconcile the 2 and finish it properly by reuniting everyone either in a functionist universe, or even on one of the 5 Cybertrons that has shown up in LL. Or even Luna 1, since it is still out there.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Randomhero » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:36 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Cybertron isn’t surviving. I’ve made peace with that. The last stand will be on earth and when they defeat unicron earth will be this place everyone lives together.

Unless, hear me out, unless the last issue of LL and OP reconcile the 2 and finish it properly by reuniting everyone either in a functionist universe, or even on one of the 5 Cybertrons that has shown up in LL. Or even Luna 1, since it is still out there.

See I have so many issues with those 5 cybertrons. How are they powered? They don’t have a vector sigma? What are they made out of? If they’re pristine and brand new why do they have cities? We’ve seen Cybertron brand new. The matrix reformatted cyberton to how it was when it created and it’s a giant metal ball that’s got an all natural looking surface. It bugs me. I see them exploding honestly. I see those 5 just blowing up as the grand architects plan falls apart.

I see lost light having a full on ending with Rodimus saying “set a course home” and then 25 of Optimus Prime ending with the lost light finding everyone who survived unicron(I really think it’ll be earth) and everyone reunited.

Just please for the love of god don’t end with Rodimus faceplanting on the ground millions of years later and Botanical coming out of a giant metal flower....
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:06 am

You say that like it's already happened...

*remembers the ending of regeneration 1*

Oh...
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby ScottyP » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:22 am

Randomhero wrote:See I have so many issues with those 5 cybertrons. How are they powered? They don’t have a vector sigma? What are they made out of? If they’re pristine and brand new why do they have cities? We’ve seen Cybertron brand new. The matrix reformatted cyberton to how it was when it created and it’s a giant metal ball that’s got an all natural looking surface.
They're made from a mold using Cybertron as it was at a particular time as the base, not necessarily the planet's original state.

It's like when the Chinese KO companies made G1 Dinobots by recasting molds using the old toys, rather than by re-engineering them from scratch.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:39 am

ScottyP wrote:
Randomhero wrote:See I have so many issues with those 5 cybertrons. How are they powered? They don’t have a vector sigma? What are they made out of? If they’re pristine and brand new why do they have cities? We’ve seen Cybertron brand new. The matrix reformatted cyberton to how it was when it created and it’s a giant metal ball that’s got an all natural looking surface.
They're made from a mold using Cybertron as it was at a particular time as the base, not necessarily the planet's original state.

It's like when the Chinese KO companies made G1 Dinobots by recasting molds using the old toys, rather than by re-engineering them from scratch.

I know before th issue came out I guess that those were made from the necro world mold and Cybertron wasn’t made it but the mold itself was made from Cybertron.

My problem is how do they work. They don’t jave a vector sigma to power them. And they have cities and an atmosphere! We’ve seen Cybertron brand new becuase that’s what everyone has been living on since the war ended. It doesn’t have cities and roads and they say this is pristine out of the package Cybertron. and these look just like the cartoon Cybertron. In fact that what they’re based on but how do they work? They’re just knock offs but they have power to them becuase they work.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:42 am

ZeroWolf wrote:You say that like it's already happened...

*remembers the ending of regeneration 1*

Oh...

Yeah that happened...

Took about a year regen ended to go back and reread the series and go “oh this is just awful...”
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby snavej » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:57 pm

Motto: "Follow your instincts and your common sense."
I always had a problem with the Cybertron 'mold' idea. The effort involved in planet molding would be ludicrously vast. The workforce would number somewhere in the quadrillions. Anyone who's seen construction in progress knows that it is very time-consuming. Surely the Galactic Council would have done something about the project. They wouldn't tolerate such high levels of power-building, posing an existential threat to them. How would the mold be removed without it catching on all the detailed buildings? If someone had the power to mold Cybertrons, he/she could use that same massive power to conquer the galaxy and whatever else was desired.
snavej
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Small starship - able to traverse entire universe.
Strength: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 3
Courage: 9

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:29 pm

To be fair, hadn't the grand architect got the council busy by having them fight the consortia? Plus we don't know how they were created (the processes that is). Really we could be over thinking something that Roberts thought sounded cool.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Cover Variant for IDW Transformers: Unicron #4 by Alex Milne

Postby Va'al » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:55 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Courtesy of Previews World, and a notification from fellow Seibertronian admin ScottyP, we have a new cover for the IDW Publishing Transformers comics miniseries Unicron and its fourth issue, due later in August.

It looks like we're really headed to Earth after all, with regulars Jazz and Thundercracker joined by Aileron and Stardrive! Check it out below in Alex Milne's lineart and uncredited colourist - probably Josh Perez (or Sebastian Cheng) - and join us for previews and reviews in the coming weeks for more!

TRANSFORMERS UNICRON #4 (OF 6) CVR A MILNE
(W) John Barber (A/CA) Alex Milne
Unicron sets his sights on Earth... but is anyone left to defend it?
*Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.
In Shops: Aug 22, 2018

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby snavej » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:40 am

ZeroWolf wrote:To be fair, hadn't the grand architect got the council busy by having them fight the consortia? Plus we don't know how they were created (the processes that is). Really we could be over thinking something that Roberts thought sounded cool.

You're confusing normal thinking with overthinking. (Actually, that's offensive.) I believe that the 'mold' idea was just a joke about toy-making.
snavej
Gestalt

Postby dragons » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:47 am

snavej wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:To be fair, hadn't the grand architect got the council busy by having them fight the consortia? Plus we don't know how they were created (the processes that is). Really we could be over thinking something that Roberts thought sounded cool.

You're confusing normal thinking with overthinking. (Actually, that's offensive.) I believe that the 'mold' idea was just a joke about toy-making.

There’s mold on toy they better be recalled people can get sick from it
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby snavej » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:14 am

Human race says'It's not fair that Unicron's killing us, simply because our continuity has become too complex!'. ;)
snavej
Gestalt

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:21 am

snavej wrote:Human race says'It's not fair that Unicron's killing us, simply because our continuity has become too complex!'. ;)

Actually you follow Unicrons eyes, he's got it in for the guy wearing the Rom t-shirt ;-)
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Big Grim » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:40 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Love that Thundercracker is shielding Buster in his cupped hands.
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON