This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:28 am

Prowl4 wrote:
Agent 53 wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I'm curious to see who will be filling the gaps in between the constructicons, I'll be pouncing on all of them!

Looking so very forward to the constructicons. Hoping for the twins to be revealed next in both ice cream truck mode and in their Chevy modes. Hasbro have been toying around with duocons as of late so it'd be fantastic to see the twins get updates.

I'd actually like to see the Ice cream truck twins get a voyager mold I have/ had (I don't know where it is, I think it broke) the original deluxe figure and it's a bit small and fiddly, and as the Twins are deluxe class figures individually, logically their form with a combined vehicle mode should be voyager class, or some sort of standalone box set like the Jet Twins in the Animated line.
Also, when I previously asked why TFWiki haven't acknowledged the existence of the voyager Optimus from the Bumblebee movie, I was told it's because HasTak have yet to officially announce it. Well what the heck are the waiting for? We all know it exists, it's been reviewed, at this rate it's going to actually be available for purchase before they do! Yes I know I said this previously.

I don't know man a Voyager mould might be too big. Given how they stand at about 8 feet their robot height should be about half the size of studio series bee and smaller than jazz.

Speak of Jazz... Thank god the paint makes up for his price... here's no reason he couldn't/shouldn't have been a Legends/Scout Class. I love him to pieces, and would be a redeco'd G1 like the Target exclusive in a heart-beat... but man... is he tiny.
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:36 am

Speaking of "the twins" and the movie designs, I'll even through Drift in here, If they want to do their own "crazy alien thing" that's FINE. But when you try to blend in earth culture and stereotypes… the whole project just falls apart for me tbh. Same with Bulkhe-Hound, in the movieverse. I like him as a character. But I don't really feel he adhered to the original movie design template.

I thought Jazz was a nice way to blend the new style with the original characters attitude... and it was a bad call killing him off.
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:37 am

I also didn't particularly care for the fact *all* the decepticons were drooling slobbering monsters.
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Deadput » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:44 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
SpikeyTigertron wrote:I also didn't particularly care for the fact *all* the decepticons were drooling slobbering monsters.

Not to be that guy but the only Decepticons that "drooled" were Starscream and Igor and Starscream only drooled in the presence of Sam, obviously he has some strong hatred towards him, probably for his role in 2007, his death at Sam's hands is actually somewhat fitting considering how much Starscream went out of his way to attempt to torment the boy.

Well Igor is Igor nothing much to say there.

Calling the Decepticons monsters is fair game. (To be honest even if they weren't "ugly" the Decepticons in general can be considered monsters due to what lengths they go through to take all resources that isn't Decepticon and their lack of hesitation to destroy anyone in their way.)
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Rainmaker » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:53 am

Motto: "Nobody can escape the rain"
Weapon: Acid Rainmaker Rifles
The monstrous-like Decepticon designs were some of the best, like Bonecrusher and the Constructicons.

:MAXIMAL:
Rainmaker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: Acidmaker
Strength: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:05 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
william-james88 wrote:Image

See the top one just looks dated, dull, boxy and lame to me. Even by G1 standards it looks like crap (his head looks terrible and has been drawn far better by many a comic artist in the past) I much prefer the more beautifully designed, properly alien-looking (as in not just a giant toy) and complex movie Soundwave and hope we get a new Studio figure (something that blends the best of the very different Deluxe and HA figures). Plus a car makes more sense than a tapedeck (since a car has a stereo anyways but like ya know...can move by itself) or uh whatever the frick he's supposed to be in Siege...A bricky ship that resembles the idiotic lamppost thing from the first cartoon episode (though still a better disguise than giant cloth lab coats, you moronic Autobots). Also never made any logical sense to me for Soundwave (or Blaster) to have his minions inside his chest. Doesn't that make him really hollow and easy to smash when they ain't in there? And why often shown pressing his own eject button when surely the mechanism is part of him and shouldn't require a button.

I ended up having to get G1-ish toy with Jetfire cos postage was about £3 but is free if the order is over £50 and Jetfire is £49.99 so looked about in their sale to find a cheap toy to push it over £50 and they had Titans Return Apeface for £2.99 so figured I've either got free postage or a free toy. Which I dunno what I'll do with but it's something I guess. I just want the grandpa Jetfire.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Deadput » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:53 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote: Also never made any logical sense to me for Soundwave (or Blaster) to have his minions inside his chest. Doesn't that make him really hollow and easy to smash when they ain't in there? And why often shown pressing his own eject button when surely the mechanism is part of him and shouldn't require a button.

The answer to why is called "The rule of cool" even if you don't agree with it.

Soundwave's G1 design like many others were designed as diaclone toy's first.

And honestly where else would Soundwave keep his minions, his armpits?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:14 am

Deadput wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote: Also never made any logical sense to me for Soundwave (or Blaster) to have his minions inside his chest. Doesn't that make him really hollow and easy to smash when they ain't in there? And why often shown pressing his own eject button when surely the mechanism is part of him and shouldn't require a button.

The answer to why is called "The rule of cool" even if you don't agree with it.

Soundwave's G1 design like many others were designed as diaclone toy's first.

And honestly where else would Soundwave keep his minions, his armpits?

I never considered it "hollowing out" Soundwave so much as just "storage" or fabricating them.

How do the transformers and many mecha stor their ordinance? Do they "stock up" somewhere, or do they construct it internally? Same idea with the minions.

I thought they way the dealth with Blitzwings missle racks in Bumblebee was a nice nod to how transformers would deal with their munitions.
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:18 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Deadput wrote:And honestly where else would Soundwave keep his minions, his armpits?

I kinda need to see this in a TT comic someday :lol:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:18 am

Deadput wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:I also didn't particularly care for the fact *all* the decepticons were drooling slobbering monsters.

Not to be that guy but the only Decepticons that "drooled" were Starscream and Igor and Starscream only drooled in the presence of Sam, obviously he has some strong hatred towards him, probably for his role in 2007, his death at Sam's hands is actually somewhat fitting considering how much Starscream went out of his way to attempt to torment the boy.

Well Igor is Igor nothing much to say there.

Calling the Decepticons monsters is fair game. (To be honest even if they weren't "ugly" the Decepticons in general can be considered monsters due to what lengths they go through to take all resources that isn't Decepticon and their lack of hesitation to destroy anyone in their way.)

It is funny that I've always liked the Space Pirates bio/mechanical suits from Metroid... but the slimy protoforms, and the chitinous decepticons designs just didn't sit right with me.

Especially when compared to the Autobots, Ironhide kinda has a bear/dog face going on... Prime is oddly human. Bee's got a pacifire.... and then you have the decepticons with instectoid compound eyes, or extroidinarly weird asthetics.

I mean... sure vissually it's a quick way to see "here are the bad orcs" but I wouldn't necessarily even agree they came from the same biology outside of "biomechanical organism that can shapeshift".

But I also agree... some of the G1 faces in Bumbleebee didn't feel right either... Brawn and Arcee come to mind... So.... I'm not sure where the middle ground is.
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:19 am

But swerving back to Studio Series... I'm *very* interested in Devastator... I figure if they can do a transforming legends scale figure... they should be able to handle a bigger one?

Less excited about the "two year project".
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:28 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
SpikeyTigertron wrote:But swerving back to Studio Series... I'm *very* interested in Devastator... I figure if they can do a transforming legends scale figure... they should be able to handle a bigger one?

I feel the two year release is good to spread the cost out and keep slots free in the size classes to have more varied waves.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:17 am

ZeroWolf wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:But swerving back to Studio Series... I'm *very* interested in Devastator... I figure if they can do a transforming legends scale figure... they should be able to handle a bigger one?

I feel the two year release is good to spread the cost out and keep slots free in the size classes to have more varied waves.

It’s just going to suck if you didn’t buy in early. Sort of them doing and SDCC exclusive “wrecking ball” box set for $250
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby frogbat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:29 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
he looks awesome - kinda reminds me of Prime FE prime's transformation with the fee at the back of the cab.

Looking forward to see the price so that I don't add him to my want list. Anyone care to hazard a guess at a price? I rarely buy movie figures, and haven't dipped into the studio series because well money and gee-wun man baby priorities.

Right now my personal top primes list are(I'm including only primes I've actually owned in one form or another) Siege Prime, FE Prime Prime, MP-10, TF1 movie leader class prime, TR power master prime, evasion prime (he's down the list cos I broke a wheel off him and he's a bit too complex to be "fun") POTP leader prime (Nemesis version), MP-01, g1 prime, legend, G1 power master prime, legion, war for Cybertron deluxe.

This guy definitely seems he'll fit somewhere at the top of my list.
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:04 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Number #38 will be priced the same as all the other non-exclusive Studio Series Voyagers in your area :) The price in British pounds will be roughly £30ish
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby primalxconvoy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:25 pm

That Prime reminds me of that 3P IDW-styled "Orion" figure by (Toyworld?). It's that complicated and poseable, it just seems like a 3P figure. I might have to cancel my pre-order for Siege Optimus. I'd rather wait and get some of the Seige toys as repaints at this stage. They're currently too small and covered in crappy paint applications IMO.

What a GREAT rendition of G1 Optimus Prime this film version is, though.

Could someone try and upload the Yuku video to YouTube please? Every time I go to that dodgy Chinese site, it takes me to Google Play to install their app. Not going to happen.

Edit: - If I hold my finger on the link and then select "open in new tab", I can avoid the automatic redirect to Google Play.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby frogbat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:39 pm

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
ZeroWolf wrote:Number #38 will be priced the same as all the other non-exclusive Studio Series Voyagers in your area :) The price in British pounds will be roughly £30ish

That wouldn’t be too bad, I’d definitely rather give them money for this than mp v 3 at the mo... also might get me another figure or 2 just cos I really enjoyed the movie this time round...
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter

Postby Amelie » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:51 pm

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
Stop Motion videos featuring the latest Studio Series toys have been posted on Youtube by Bob Toy Reviews. In one of them, we get our best look yt at Deluxe Studio Series #40 Shatter. The video shows a range of the toys articulation and a shot comparing her alt-mode to Masterpiece Barricade as well, which as many of you will notice –is a fair bit smaller, so scale is difficult to fathom. Please note that it is mistrasformed at times. Also, there is another video where we can see both Scrap Metal and Rampage.

Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Ig89ninja » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 pm

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
That can’t be SS Barricade, it has to be his Masterpiece figure, Shatter is way too small compared to it

Also, does SS Barricade have his light bar split, because that one does :-?
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine

Ig89ninja
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Skill: ???

Postby Amelie » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:21 pm

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
Ig89ninja wrote:Also, does SS Barricade have his light bar split, because that one does :-?

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll adjust the news article properly. The size raised an eyebrow from me, too, but since the SS Barricade is (apparently) based off the Masterpiece - they do have certain similarities. :)

Thanks again. :)
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Ig89ninja » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:22 pm

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Edit: my previous post was acknowledged
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine

Ig89ninja
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Skill: ???

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:33 pm

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I think Shatter looks good, but rushed(ironically). I hope jet mode Shatter is better. Come to think of it, would you guys accept it if a masterpiece triplechanging Shatter and Dropkick was announced, but had alot of protruding kibble from the bottom of the jet and helicopter?
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:52 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Wasn't Shatter supposed to come with wrist guns too?
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Intelligence: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2

Postby Deadput » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:53 pm

Ah the beauty of triple changers...

And how they just don't work for live action movies unless both vehicle modes are fictional.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Rainmaker » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:02 pm

Motto: "Nobody can escape the rain"
Weapon: Acid Rainmaker Rifles
Do we have any actual good triple changers at all in the entire movie line?

:MAXIMAL:
Rainmaker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: Acidmaker
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #794 Cvr B card stock DC Comics 2023 JAN233295 794B (W) Adams (CA) Dalfon"
FLASH #794 Cvr B c ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Cvr G DC Comics 2023 DEC222889 1G (CA) Benes +Faucher (W) Williamson"
SUPERMAN #1 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #136 Cvr F 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0423DC006 136F (CA) Sejic 230601A"
BATMAN #136 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BAT-MAN FIRST KNIGHT #1 2nd ptg Pulp Novel DC Comics 1223DC887 (CA) Aspinall"
NEW!
BAT-MAN FIRST KNIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1071 Cvr E 1:50 foil DC Comics 2023 0223DC051 1071E (CA) Jones"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #797 Cvr D DC Comics 0223DC173 797D (W) Adams (A) Acuna (CA) Manapul"
FLASH #797 Cvr D D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #734 Superman DC Comics 1997 (CA) Grummett 200610A"
ACTION COMICS #734 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #797 Cvr B DC Comics 0223DC171 797B (W) Adams (A) Acuna (CA) Di Nicuolo"
FLASH #797 Cvr B D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1055 Cvr A Superman DC Comics 2023 0323DC079 1055A (CA) Fiumara"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN AND ROBIN AND HOWARD #1 DC Comics 2024 0124DC157 (W/A/CA) Brown"
NEW!
BATMAN AND ROBIN A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #796 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 FEB232829 796A (W)Adams (A) Cruz+more(CA) Clarke"
FLASH #796 Cvr A D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1055 Cvr C Superman DC Comics 2023 0323DC081 1055C (CA) Talaski"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #142 Cvr C DC Comics 2024 1223DC003 142C (CA) Melnikov (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #142 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Justice League MIDSUMMER'S NIGHTMARE #1 DC Comics 1996 190529HM-JKY"
Justice League MID ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON