This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby mordhelm » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:47 am

Weapon: Electro-Sword
While they are out of stock, the Siege listings are back on HTS. Curiously, Hound is missing though.
mordhelm
Vehicon
News Credits: 13
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:56 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
mordhelm wrote:While they are out of stock, the Siege listings are back on HTS. Curiously, Hound is missing though.

I really hope they get the leaders in before the free shipping over $14.99 and the 15% off ends.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:15 am

RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
mordhelm wrote:While they are out of stock, the Siege listings are back on HTS. Curiously, Hound is missing though.

I really hope they get the leaders in before the free shipping over $14.99 and the 15% off ends.

Me too. Before the Listings disappeared, when you would search Siege, you would get the 12 Listings for the items currently out. When the Siege listings disappeared for a little bit, searching Siege got you to a weird 1/2 loaded page with 14 results before moving to the "Oops, something went wrong" page with Mr. Potato Head.

I suspect the leaders will be up soon, but I also suspect they will be on Jan 7th, after the current discounts run out.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Dr. Caelus » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:24 am

Lore Keeper wrote:From TFW2005:
Some bonus trivia. The new name for the combination, Orthia (replacing the earlier Elita Infinite), is thought to derive from a Greek goddess Orthia / Artemis Orthia. Artemis is closely associated with the hunt, and the Sanctuary of Artemis Orthia was located in Sparta and represented the coming together of the four villages that made up the citystate. Sparta was a citystate known for its warriors, with its best known pop culture Spartans including Kratos of the God of War series and Leonidas from 300. The fact the name references a sanctuary associated with four villages coming together to form a state known for its warriors is a great way to reference four robots coming together to make a super robot combiner. Thanks to Purple Heart on the TFW2005 boards for sleuthing that one.

That is a really cool reference and very appropriate given the theme of the combiner!

I doubt that was intentional. For one thing, there's five robots not four, and while Spartan women were well educated and (IIRC) trained to fight for domestic defense while the men were away at war (like Elita and her crew), that was so they could defend themselves if the slaves revolted against their fascist meritocracy - feels more Decepticon than Autobot.

I think it's more likely the name was chosen because of the pop culture association between the gender-role-breaking Artemis and the matriarchal Amazons.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Transformers Siege Greenlight up for Preorder on Amazon.ca for High Price

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:06 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Transformers Siege Greenlight will be released sooner than later, especially compared to exclusives from previous years. We have our first preorder up on Amazon.ca revealing two important points: who the exclusive retailer is and what the price point will be.

Now we know that it will be an Amazon exclusive. While we only know for sure that this will be the case in Canada, it stands to reason that it will be an Amazon exclusive elsewhere to, which is great news since those are always the easiest exclusives to acquire, compared to retailers that are only found in some countries.

We also get a clue on the price point, which is rather high. Right now, the preorder is for CDN$ 59.51, which is $45 USD. Now, it has happened in the past that preorders on Amazon have a much higher price than the eventual retail price so this may just be that again. You can click here to be brought to the listing.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Relic Dinobot » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:36 am

Motto: "Learn from the past or be doomed to repeat it."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Preordered. It really, really hurts ye olde wallet but it's worth it for an obscure female character's first ever toy. :)
Relic Dinobot
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby no-one » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:41 am

Those really are some lovely shades of green and I like the matching paint on Sparklefox there. Really excited to get that fire effect, it's teh hotness! I'm hoping the US Amazon has the same pricing as the CW/TR/PotP exclusives :ic$:

Interesting remolding on Greenlight and Chromia, seems neither's head folds away :-?
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby TFanPage101 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:43 am

Motto: "Sup?"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sorry, not paying $60 for a Deluxe and Battle Master. Don't care if it's exclusive. Especially since Greenlight is a repaint of Moonracer who I own.
TFanPage101
Micromaster
News Credits: 18
Watch TFanPage101 on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 9

Postby o.supreme » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:57 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
If the Greenlight pack is exclusive to Amazon, I think it would be closer to the $25.00-$30.00 USD release like last years exclusives (Blastoff, Repugnus, Counterpunch) once it's finally out.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Lore Keeper » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:05 pm

carytheone wrote:Those really are some lovely shades of green and I like the matching paint on Sparklefox there. Really excited to get that fire effect, it's teh hotness! I'm hoping the US Amazon has the same pricing as the CW/TR/PotP exclusives :ic$:

Interesting remolding on Greenlight and Chromia, seems neither's head folds away :-?

I think it's just mistransformed. The chest plate is still attached to the waist by a hinge. The only purpose that hinge served previously was to allow the chest to open so the head could be tucked away.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby mordhelm » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:11 pm

Weapon: Electro-Sword
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

Me too. Before the Listings disappeared, when you would search Siege, you would get the 12 Listings for the items currently out. When the Siege listings disappeared for a little bit, searching Siege got you to a weird 1/2 loaded page with 14 results before moving to the "Oops, something went wrong" page with Mr. Potato Head.

I suspect the leaders will be up soon, but I also suspect they will be on Jan 7th, after the current discounts run out.

When that was happening, you just had to scroll down to see what the 14 results were. It was beyblade if I recall correctly.
mordhelm
Vehicon
News Credits: 13
Strength: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby no-one » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:12 pm

Lore Keeper wrote:
carytheone wrote:Those really are some lovely shades of green and I like the matching paint on Sparklefox there. Really excited to get that fire effect, it's teh hotness! I'm hoping the US Amazon has the same pricing as the CW/TR/PotP exclusives :ic$:

I think it's just mistransformed. The chest plate is still attached to the waist by a hinge. The only purpose that hinge served previously was to allow the chest to open so the head could be tucked away.
HA, wouldn't be the first time official pics were mistransformed. They did remove the wrist swivels though, which seems like an odd omission. It doesn't really seem to affect the look of the alt-mode and I wonder if it was to clear up room for things to peg into the back of the car?
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Lore Keeper » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:30 pm

carytheone wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:

HA, wouldn't be the first time official pics were mistransformed. They did remove the wrist swivels though, which seems like an odd omission. It doesn't really seem to affect the look of the alt-mode and I wonder if it was to clear up room for things to peg into the back of the car?

Yeah, I'm not sure why the changed the wrists either. They looked weird folded against the back of her vehicle mode, but do they really look any better now?
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby no-one » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:02 pm

Lore Keeper wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure why the changed the wrists either. They looked weird folded against the back of her vehicle mode, but do they really look any better now?
Half a dozen of one, six of the other ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Aimless Misfire » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:28 pm

In a few days the US Amazon will have it listed for $25-$30. I can wait.
Aimless Misfire
Minibot

Postby YoungPrime » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:29 pm

D@mn, Amazon has been the devil lately when it comes to TF figures. Even in the US.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:31 pm

I know its early, but that Siege Prime so far is my toy of 2019. What I find suepr cool is that while it probably wont remain that when we get to the end of th year, that means there will be even better stuff to come out, which gets me very excited. Because with no exageration, that Siege Prime is one of the best Transformers figures I have handled in years, especially when we look at mainline figures made for mass appeal.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:59 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
william-james88 wrote:I know its early, but that Siege Prime so far is my toy of 2019. What I find suepr cool is that while it probably wont remain that when we get to the end of th year, that means there will be even better stuff to come out, which gets me very excited. Because with no exageration, that Siege Prime is one of the best Transformers figures I have handled in years, especially when we look at mainline figures made for mass appeal.

At first I didn't want him because the truck have a "hat". But I now want to have him somewhat. Plus the "méli-mélo" sale is back at TrU. :-?
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:47 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
The truck mode is hideous, but the robot mode is pretty good. Same with Megatron. If they look good in hand, I'll get them.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby no-one » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:48 pm

william-james88 wrote:I know its early, but that Siege Prime so far is my toy of 2019. What I find suepr cool is that while it probably wont remain that when we get to the end of th year, that means there will be even better stuff to come out, which gets me very excited. Because with no exageration, that Siege Prime is one of the best Transformers figures I have handled in years, especially when we look at mainline figures made for mass appeal.
Got mine today from HTS but have been too busy adulting to open him. You've got me very excited and I hope I can agree with you ;)^

Megs was in the box as well, but that's for layers in the week. I like to space things out, build anticipation, fully enjoy the other thing I've opened. Still need to open Skytread, but if Hound and Sideswipe are any indication then I'm in for a good time. Still need to track down Cog though.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby no-one » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:50 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:The truck mode is hideous, but the robot mode is pretty good. Same with Megatron. If they look good in hand, I'll I'll get them.
They're very impressive in hand and kinda heavy for their size. Unless I'm wrong Megatron is noticeably heavier than Prime.

I don't even mind the splatter paint battle damage.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:03 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
carytheone wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:The truck mode is hideous, but the robot mode is pretty good. Same with Megatron. If they look good in hand, I'll I'll get them.
They're very impressive in hand and kinda heavy for their size. Unless I'm wrong Megatron is noticeably heavier than Prime.

Yeah Megatron does have a sort of War Within Titanium vibe.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:34 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:
carytheone wrote:

Yeah Megatron does have a sort of War Within Titanium vibe.

Hell yeah he does.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:40 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
So he's a floppy trainwreck? :D :P
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:47 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:So he's a floppy trainwreck? :D :P

War Within Titanium Megatron is a decent figure. It’s that first Titanium tank Megatron that is probably the worst Transformer ever made. He was a floppy mess.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 6
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 SEP221681 300C (CA) Diaz"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 SEP221680 300B (CA) Gallant"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 FEB220414 3RI Meugniot"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 231208Y"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr F Walking Dead 20th Image Comics 0823IM481 5F Hughes 240330"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #2 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Golden (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A GI JOE 1123IM272 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI Joe: SNAKES EYES AGENT OF COBRA #3 IDW Comics 2015 (W) Costa 200210a"
GI Joe: SNAKES EYE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM855 (CA) Howard"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0823IM479 5D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Rock N Roll Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM896 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #282 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210449 282B Williams II"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915K"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 1D 1123IM200 (CA) Epting"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON