This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:36 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Hellscream9999 wrote:
starrhero wrote:
Rainmaker wrote:We already knew from the beginning he was stealing them

:MAXIMAL:

I didn't actually know it was a known thing. I thought it was just speculation. Edited my original post to reflect this.

Still surprising he was able to get Greenlight. Ironhide, I can understand, he's a main retale release. But Greenlight is an exclusive.

To be fair, ironhide at least is due here in US in a couple of weeks (online) so wave 2 of siege could entirely be available near the production/shipping areas since they get them so much earlier (the studio stuff on the other hand is almost certainly stolen since those are so far off)

Greenlight is due at the same time as wave 2.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:06 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
starrhero wrote:
Rainmaker wrote:We already knew from the beginning he was stealing them

:MAXIMAL:

I didn't actually know it was a known thing. I thought it was just speculation. Edited my original post to reflect this.

Still surprising he was able to get Greenlight. Ironhide, I can understand, he's a main retale release. But Greenlight is an exclusive.

To be fair, ironhide at least is due here in US in a couple of weeks (online) so wave 2 of siege could entirely be available near the production/shipping areas since they get them so much earlier (the studio stuff on the other hand is almost certainly stolen since those are so far off)

Greenlight is due at the same time as wave 2.

Cool, I didn't know the release date, I was meaning that comment more in relation to the fact he has a bunch of studio stuff I don't think he should yet
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:18 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Seibertron featuring the reviews (and thus giving them more hits) probably encourages the thefts further, to some degree
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Dr. Caelus » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:38 pm

If the guy was smart he'd just film the reviews on his lunchbreak and then return the figure when he resumed his shift.

Unless workers in Vietnam don't get lunch breaks. If that's the case I wouldn't feel too bad about him stealing from the factory.

Of course, I could also imagine he's using the All The Queen's Men approach...
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review!

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:37 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
TonTon is at it again! This time, Seibertron member Riley Hoffman was the one to alert us to the latest video review upload at TonTon Review on YouTube. The upcoming Transformer this time is the Deluxe Autobot Weaponizer Sixgun, slated for release soon in Wave 2 of the War for Cybertron: SIEGE line. Sixgun is classically a companion to Metroplex from the original G1 series. We get a look at the conversion of Sixgun from Cybertronian flying munitions platform to robot and back. TonTon gives us a few size comparisons in vehicle mode too. The most important part, though, is getting a look at how to disassemble Sixgun into armor and weapons to equip other figures. Almost as a teaser, TonTon shows us one possible configuration on Sixgun's wave mate, also of the second Deluxe Class assortment in SIEGE, Ironhide! Get a load of Sixgun and a taste of Ironhide for yourselves in the video below!

What do you think of this modern version of Sixgun? Will you be picking him up to complete your Transformers Generations: Thrilling 30 Titan Class Metroplex? Will you be picking up more than one to arm your Autobot army to the teeth? Tell us what you think in the comments below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers: SIEGE Deluxe Autobot Sixgun Video Review!

Postby leokearon » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:28 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Wolfman Jake wrote:TonTon is at it again! This time, Seibertron member Riley Hoffman was the one to alert us to the latest video review upload at TonTon Review on YouTube. The upcoming Transformer this time is the Deluxe Autobot Weaponizer Sixgun, slated for release soon in Wave 2 of the War for Cybertron: SIEGE line. Sixgun is classically a companion to Metroplex from the original G1 series. We get a look at the conversion of Sixgun from Cybertronian flying munitions platform to robot and back. TonTon gives us a few size comparisons in vehicle mode too. The most important part, though, is getting a look at how to disassemble Sixgun into armor and weapons to equip other figures. Almost as a teaser, TonTon shows us one possible configuration on Sixgun's wave mate, also of the second Deluxe Class assortment in SIEGE, Ironhide! Get a load of Sixgun and a taste of Ironhide for yourselves in the video below!

What do you think of this modern version of Sixgun? Will you be picking him up to complete your Transformers Generations: Thrilling 30 Titan Class Metroplex? Will you be picking up more than one to arm your Autobot army to the teeth? Tell us what you think in the comments below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!

How is this a review? There's no opinion, just a product demo
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Dannshinigami » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:29 am

I want this even more now. Cant wait to try and combo him with cog
Dannshinigami
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3

Postby leokearon » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:43 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Dannshinigami wrote:I want this even more now. Cant wait to try and combo him with cog

I want to see if there is a way to get him to work with Metroplex
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby Dannshinigami » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:49 am

Yeah forgot about Metroplex combos. He would prob work as turrets etc
Dannshinigami
Mini-Con

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:26 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Can't wait for sixgun, he's the only one I'm affording myself from the wave 2 deluxes
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:50 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Finally got Cog yesterday, and initially I was pretty weirded out. But after playing with him for a bit, I like him him. I don’t love him, but I like him. He’s got a very G1 Comics vibe about him, with his paunch, stumpy frame.

I’m not a fan of how the shoulders are just 5mm pegs; but they’re secure, and given the gimmick I suppose wasn’t any other way to do it. I’m also not a fan of how gappy his upper back is, but I realize that’s also being nitpicky. Normally I’m not too hard on TFs with back gaps, but for some reason this one really stands out to me.

The whole Partsforming thing is kinda ghetto; I wish they’d designed him to transform with needing to be disassembled. I mean I know it’s the whole gimmick and all but partsforming isn’t transforming, and always feels like cheating to me. I hope it feels less out of place when we have Sixgun and Brunt in hand.

Vehicle mode I kinda dig though, it’s charming. The instructions have you put the arm cannons on the “cab” portion, but I prefer to put them on the “trailer” section. I think it helps sell the mobile weapons platform look, but it makes me wish he was a voyager class figure. (I’d post some photos but it’s being a bitch on my phone right now)

Right now it sounds like I’m bashing the little guy, but I do like him. I just want my grievances to be aired and discussed. :D

P.S. Oh and his guns are super cool, too bad the posts are really loose in the hands on mine.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby hayden112100 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:28 am

Motto: "“Pew pew pew”"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
My local walmart had all of the wave one deluxe class figures. I bought Sideswipe and he is great!
hayden112100
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: G.I.Joe V.A.M.P
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 6

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:09 am

Nemesis Maximo wrote:Finally got Cog yesterday, and initially I was pretty weirded out. But after playing with him for a bit, I like him him. I don’t love him, but I like him. He’s got a very G1 Comics vibe about him, with his paunch, stumpy frame.

I’m not a fan of how the shoulders are just 5mm pegs; but they’re secure, and given the gimmick I suppose wasn’t any other way to do it. I’m also not a fan of how gappy his upper back is, but I realize that’s also being nitpicky. Normally I’m not too hard on TFs with back gaps, but for some reason this one really stands out to me.

The whole Partsforming thing is kinda ghetto; I wish they’d designed him to transform with needing to be disassembled. I mean I know it’s the whole gimmick and all but partsforming isn’t transforming, and always feels like cheating to me. I hope it feels less out of place when we have Sixgun and Brunt in hand.

Vehicle mode I kinda dig though, it’s charming. The instructions have you put the arm cannons on the “cab” portion, but I prefer to put them on the “trailer” section. I think it helps sell the mobile weapons platform look, but it makes me wish he was a voyager class figure. (I’d post some photos but it’s being a bitch on my phone right now)

Right now it sounds like I’m bashing the little guy, but I do like him. I just want my grievances to be aired and discussed. :D

P.S. Oh and his guns are super cool, too bad the posts are really loose in the hands on mine.

I get where you are coming from. The transformation is typically the most appealing part of the toy for me. But for some reason, I really like Cog. Enough to get 3, well only because I was able to get them from HTS at $9 each. If I was limited to full price, then it would have been only 1.

For me, knowing that the weaponizers are largely going to be partsformers with a few little bits of transformation included, helped me reset my expectations for them. I know the transformation is going to be relatively boring, but the real fun for me is pulling him apart and enhancing other characters. I'll get some fun examples in photos and post them soon.

Weird thing on the hands. While the guns are pretty loose when he's holding them, especially the right hand, the same ports on the bottom of the hands are EXTREMELY tight. I messed around with my 3 Cogs to make an approximate Rack n Ruin, and used the ports on the bottom of the hands, and could barely get them to hold because it was so tight and caused some minor stress marks. It is almost like the 5mm ports in the hands are tapered or something.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:17 am

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Seibertron featuring the reviews (and thus giving them more hits) probably encourages the thefts further, to some degree

We dont know the facts, Hasbro keeps an eye on all our content, if there is something they would rather we not post they will let us know, as they have in the past for certain leaks.

Just to get our facts straight though, these toys have been in production for months now, as evident from the in package images we posted a month ago. If someone was actually stealing from the assemlby line, we wold have gotten these videos months ago instead of right before they are about to hit retail.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby ThunderThruster » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:31 am

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
TF-fan kev777 wrote:For me, knowing that the weaponizers are largely going to be partsformers with a few little bits of transformation included, helped me reset my expectations for them. I know the transformation is going to be relatively boring, but the real fun for me is pulling him apart and enhancing other characters. I'll get some fun examples in photos and post them soon.

This covers my sentiment on Cog's partsforming. Would it have been nice to have an additional joint for the arms to move position without being unplugged for bot to alt mode? yes, but as is pointed out as he disassembles into parts for others to use, I can see why he doesn't have such a joint.
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.
ThunderThruster
Gestalt

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:02 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Megatron is actually a pretty good figure. My only real complaint is the battle damage paint. I don't regret this purchase.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:18 am

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I found Megatron yesterday, he was the only one there, and it was like love at first sight. The colors were perfect, he looked perfect, and I wound up liking the battle damage paint a whole lot more than I did, it really helps what would be a bland figure. I didn't pick him up though, because I forgot my wallet when I found him, next time I go to Target, will definitely get him.
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:14 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Ironhidensh wrote:I don't regret this purchase.

Ironhidensh, I think this is the highest praise I've ever seen you give a Transformers figure! :lol:
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Dr. Caelus » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:20 pm

Probably goes without saying, but:

WFC:S Megatron's Fusion Cannon + TLK Megatron's Fire Effect = Awesome.

Everything pegs together so tightly, and Megs is so heavy with nice tight joints he can easily support the extra weight on his barrel.
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:28 pm

What’s with the partsforming hate? Seriously it’s been around for 35 years. When did being negative about something that’s literally nothing become a dirty word? I don’t understand people who say complain about it. especially when the gimmick of weaponizers in their line is they come apart to become modular weapons and armor.
Last edited by Randomhero on Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:31 pm

Randomhero wrote:What’s with the partsforming hate? Seriously it’s been around for 35 years. When did being negative about something that’s literally nothing becuase a dirty words? I don’t understand people who say complain about it.!wspecially when the gimmick of weaponizers in their line is they come apart to become modular weapons and armor.

What are your favourite partsformers?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:21 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:What’s with the partsforming hate? Seriously it’s been around for 35 years. When did being negative about something that’s literally nothing becuase a dirty words? I don’t understand people who say complain about it.!wspecially when the gimmick of weaponizers in their line is they come apart to become modular weapons and armor.

What are your favourite partsformers?

The entire first year of 1984 except the minibots are partsformers. They all have parts that get removed and added on. It’s been a thing since day one. My favorite of all time will be optimus and Starscream.

I just don’t get it. I don’t understand why people act like parts forming is the worst or say it’s a deal breaker when some of the most beloved toys fall into that category especially when it comes to these figures. That’s their design. Theyre legitimately intended to come apart and rearrange
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:38 pm

Randomhero wrote:What’s with the partsforming hate? Seriously it’s been around for 35 years. When did being negative about something that’s literally nothing become a dirty word? I don’t understand people who say complain about it. especially when the gimmick of weaponizers in their line is they come apart to become modular weapons and armor.

If this was in reply to my comments, then you completely missed my points, no hate for partsforming here. For me though, the transformation is the number one thing I look for in a normal transformers toy (gimmicks aside). I just prefer a great transformation over parts forming where applicable. The weaponizers however are really a different beast where partsforming is the basic idea and I think Cog was done really well (hence buying 3). I do like that they included some minor transformation steps for the legs and the torso, because without that, you basically have LEGOs (which I also like).
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:59 pm

Just curious, are partsformers a different category than armour pieces? Like POTP Rodimus Prime, is that a Parts Former? Feels like one to me, but then Magnus does not since he is a bot with armour.

Oh wait i think I just answered my own question

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Dr. Caelus » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:22 pm

I used to be bothered by partsforming, but then TF:AoE introduced the Lego Decepticons, and now I just think, 'Well, it could be worse.'
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HIGHBROW + XORT Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208U"
HIGHBROW + XORT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926R"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HUN-GURRR Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager 2018 230903A"
HUN-GURRR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230713A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230809A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers Universe Basic Ultra complete Hasbro 2003 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMOS Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete+more 2017 230429A"
COSMOS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230903A"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230920A"
SERGEANT KUP Trans ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON