This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon May 21, 2018 9:30 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Ironhidensh wrote:It's easier to just pretend Beast Machines just doesn't exist.

What’s Beast Machines? Never heard of it.

But holy crap sticks guys and gals, I about did a spit-take when I saw the news of MP-43. MP-41 already can’t get here fast enough, and now I have something ELSE to look forward to! God, between waiting for more Beast Wars MPs (which got me back into the line when I got MP-32), waiting for MP-41 to finally release and ship to me, and waiting for more MP Decepticons, on a scale of one - to - even, I just can’t right now.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Mon May 21, 2018 10:10 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Ironhidensh wrote:It's easier to just pretend Beast Machines just doesn't exist.

:lol: If not for the Vehicons, I'd agree. Certainly nothing with a Beast Mode deserves to be remembered from Beast Machines.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon May 21, 2018 11:20 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

:lol: If not for the Vehicons, I'd agree. Certainly nothing with a Beast Mode deserves to be remembered from Beast Machines.

I don't know, there was some beast toys like battle unicorn, so I suggest a compromise, anything that had a beast mode on the show doesn't deserve to be remembered :lol: but I agree the vehicons were shinning stars of that toy line for me.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 21, 2018 3:15 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Blasphemers! I love Beast Machines. [-(
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby william-james88 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:06 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"

I disagree. The show had lots of good ideas, interesting stories and some really good toys. Its not better or worse than many other mixed bag TF lines/shows. I personally wish we could forget the Energon Autobot toys. And the Bay films while we are at it.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon May 21, 2018 5:15 pm

Does that include the energon scouts and energon omega supreme? Oh and rodimus...and inferno. The rest were bad, especially iron hide.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 21, 2018 5:20 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:Does that include the energon scouts and energon omega supreme? Oh and rodimus...and inferno. The rest were bad, especially iron hide.
Prowl was decent. As was Landmine. and Downshift. And Bulkhead from what I'm told.

It was mostly just the early Autobot toys (minus Inferno) that were lousy.

Though, one could make a case for Optimus, since despite his odd proportions, ugly colors (Takara's deco was nicer), and unflattering exposed mouth (which was replaced by a proper mouthplate in both a running change and on Takara's version) he had lots of playability.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Mon May 21, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon May 21, 2018 5:35 pm

Hatin’ on the Energon OP? What’s not to love about this?

Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby Ironhidensh » Mon May 21, 2018 5:41 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Hatin’ on the Energon OP? What’s not to love about this?

You, sir, just won an internet.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4

Postby william-james88 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:10 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
ZeroWolf wrote:Does that include the energon scouts and energon omega supreme? Oh and rodimus...and inferno. The rest were bad, especially iron hide.

Just the combineable ones.

And the Mirage is a Decepticon, Sabr .
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 21, 2018 6:50 pm

william-james88 wrote:And the Mirage is a Decepticon, Sabr .
Fixed.

Razzafrazzin' stupid roundabout Machine Wars homage making things confusing razzafrazzin'.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:16 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
So the upcoming PotP combiner/power armor Primal. Not Beastmachines. Would he deserve an MP incarnation too. And, Beast Megs, a stripped down reengineered mass produced version or a re-issue? This isn't an out of topic post right? 8-}
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Tue May 22, 2018 12:45 pm

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
A potential MP Optimal Optimus is a Looong way off. Being at the tail end of the Transmetals line. Besides, much like Broadside, I doubt an MP version would be more than glitter on a turd...
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???

New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron

Postby Va'al » Thu May 24, 2018 3:21 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Fellow Transformers fan Chris Delarmente has provided the internet at large with new images from the latest Figure King hobby magazine issue - meaning that we have some new looks at the Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron in its grey prototype form!

The images, mirrored below via Facebook page Planet Iacon here, show both the robot mode and the Tyrannosaurus Rex mode, with some size comparisons with fellow Beast Wars toys Optimus Primal and the soon to be released Dinobot, showing how the Predacon leader is in fact slightly larger than the Maximal/Predacon raptor, and definitely much larger than the Maximal leader, in both modes. Additionally, we get to see the three faces that the figure will be able to sport, a better look at the back kibble in robot mode, and some of the articulation for both modes. Check it all out below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Bucky » Thu May 24, 2018 3:39 am

Weapon: Hip-Mounted Launchers
Wow. I’m looking forward to Megatron even more now. That beast mode looks really impressive, and more convincing than Dinobot’s. Can’t wait to see what the final painted product looks like. I’m just hoping he doesn’t break the bank, because he’s a definite must have for me. I just preordered Dinobots earlier this week from HLJ. The price point kept me from pulling the trigger on it sooner, but I can’t not complete the season one cast.

The only thing that concerns me right now is how balanced he is going to be in beast mode. He looks like he might be a little front heavy. I’m hoping he won’t require the use of that stand to get some more dynamic poses. That’s assuming he has good range of motion.
Bucky
Vehicon
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Cassette
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Thu May 24, 2018 3:52 am

His balance looks like it might be questionable w/o the stand. Between the bulk of the t-rex head and his back.

I agree he looks a *lot* better than Dionbot in beast mode... but knowning Takara... dinobot is a little weird... because quite frankly he looked kinda rough in the show.
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Bucky » Thu May 24, 2018 4:16 am

Weapon: Hip-Mounted Launchers
That’s true. In fairness to Takara Dinobot’s show model did frequently get into some bizarre looking poses. Particularly where his chest and hips are concerned. I really don’t envy the designers trying to engineer a convincing and functioning high quality figure out of some of these characters.
Bucky
Vehicon
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Cassette
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Big Grim » Thu May 24, 2018 5:07 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
My god! This is the first BW Masterpiece that I really, really wanna grab. Dinobot nearly had me but Megatron is looking amazing. I wanna see him in colour!
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu May 24, 2018 5:14 am

Bring on the colour test shots! I'm loving how this looks so far and the detail they've gone to. If one upside of the brand unification is more money can be spent on masterpieces, then so be it.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby fenrir72 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:30 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
No more bellyaching! Will........BUY :BOWDOWN:

ETA most likely post December 24 2018. Ouch! :-( :x
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby Ironhidensh » Thu May 24, 2018 5:34 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Looks as if Dinobot dinosaur mode was a learning experience. Megatron looks so much better.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4

Postby L3281 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:52 am

Based on Google Translate it looks like he’ll have light and sound gimmicks, as well as a removable tail.
L3281
Mini-Con
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby shajaki » Thu May 24, 2018 6:41 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Ironhidensh wrote:Looks as if Dinobot dinosaur mode was a learning experience. Megatron looks so much better.
I dunno.... I think Megatron was just easier. Think about the original. His beast mode was almost completely seamless, and the robot mode backpack wasn't terribly hideous. Pretty much all they had to do was copy/paste, only make the backpack more collapsible/foldable/compressible/yougetme....

Dinobot however, in order to achieve the bot mode and beast mode on screen required all sorts of witchcraft. 8-}
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby shajaki » Thu May 24, 2018 6:44 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Looks like he has a "Yeeesss" face. Nice. Funny how we aren't being shown any accessories whatsoever though.... maybe he won't have any? Which I couldn't blame them for. Primal only came with his weapons. The discs were primarily a tool for Dinobot and TM Megatron. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the rubber ducky also did not make an appearance until Season 2 (ala TM).
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Thu May 24, 2018 6:54 am

He has a hand! He has a hand! He - guys, he - I mean he has a hand! He has a haaa-aaaa-aaand!

I am SO displaying him with his “yesss” face and holding the Golden Disk. It is my destiny.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDER CONSTRUCTION-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
BOULDER CONSTRUCTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers EARTHSPARK Official Guidebook Paperback Simon Spotlight Book 2023"
Transformers EARTH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2017 New Truck Diaclone"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool Racing Truck New"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize CHASE POLICE-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 201217a"
Energize CHASE POL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN NIGHTSHADE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
TERRAN NIGHTSHADE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot OPTIMUS PRIME action figure Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2015"
Feature Bot OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire-Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Fire Truck"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan WHIRL Flight-Bot (VTOL jet) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Hasbro"
Rescan WHIRL Fligh ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON