This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #205 "Ship Wrecked"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #205 "Ship Wrecked"

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Set adrift amidst a sea of new comics, outstanding current toy releases, and purchases yet to purchase the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast navigates the ever shifting currents of speculations, expectations, and fandom zeitgeist!

Captain Scotty P is joined by Co-Captains Megatronus, Counterpunch, and Tigertrack as we continue our quest to find the Knights of Cybertron while learning important lessons about life, love, and the dangers of shipping every two characters that share a panel.

Episode #205 "Ship Wrecked" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

Here's what we talk about during this episode, including comics and other recent news and reveals:
  • We open with a discussion of the recently released Amazon Exclusive Titans Return Repugnus.
  • The release of three highly relevant comics discussion, occupies much of our discussion on this episode. As usual, we don't hold back on spoilers, so if you're not caught up on Transformers comics and don't want to be spoiled, look out for 18:20 - 1:54:22 in the audio.
  • Optimus Prime 22 continues with its brilliant visual style and continues to set the stage for the Unicron Event while reminding us of past plot threads that may soon all tie together. Just how long until we get a Generations Detritus?
  • Unicron #3 drops some serious answers to the current crisis and poses the insidious question, "is it really monkeys all the way down?"
  • Lost Light 22 caps off our comic discussion. If you thought the reveals in Unicron were dramatic you're about to have the lid blown off.
  • Masterpiece 41 Dinobot brings warriors, accountants, and collectors alike to the table to discuss the perils and costs of potentially single use molds.
  • The 1984 cast takes another step towards completion for Masterpiece collectors as Wonderfest 2018 reveals Takara Masterpiece Hound.
  • Wonderfest 2018 rolls on and out withMasterpiece Optimus Prime V3. Will we be buying him again? Signs point to yes, except for Counterpunch who apparently needs more munky in his life.
  • Our final main topic focuses on the upcoming Siege line and what it means as an extension of the Classics/Generations branding we've come to love. Take a look at some new pictures from Wonderfest. While you're at it, go back and have a look through our SDCC2018 Siege Gallery. Don't forget to drop a line here also get a turn in the discussion.
  • Bragging Rights takes us to the end of another episode, with a special Mini-Con guest appearance you won't want to miss..

Please be sure to visit us in the forum discussion and tell us all the ways in which you agree with or heaven forbid, disagree with us. Challenge us. We encourage it.

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #205 "Ship Wrecked"

Postby Samsonator » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:19 pm

Motto: ""Death is the only way out.""
Weapon: Sword of Fury
And now I've bought a Vector Oracle. Thanks, guys...
Samsonator: I swear I'm still here! Yes, I know it's been fourteen years...
Toy reviews on YouTube? Don't mind if I do!
I build model kits on Twitch, too!
Samsonator
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch Samsonator on YouTube
Alt Mode: Tank
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10

Postby megatronus » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:42 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Samsonator wrote:And now I've bought a Vector Oracle. Thanks, guys...

YES!!!

:michaelbay: VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!! :michaelbay:
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Ironhidensh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:53 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
I remembered the astronaut lady reference.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Ironhidensh wrote:I remembered the astronaut lady reference.

They even did a Law and Order episode about it!
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4

Postby megatronus » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:22 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Counterpunch wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I remembered the astronaut lady reference.

They even did a Law and Order episode about it!

Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Black Bumblebee » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:32 pm

I have to agree about Shockwave. He's... a pretty simple toy, so having him as a straight up leader would be quite a waste. He's gotta have some add ons or a gimmick of some sort.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:38 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Black Bumblebee wrote:I have to agree about Shockwave. He's... a pretty simple toy, so having him as a straight up leader would be quite a waste. He's gotta have some add ons or a gimmick of some sort.

Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:18 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
I'll have one of those please.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Big Grim » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:20 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
That was an adorable intro about buying Predaking.
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Flashwave » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:15 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
So, I am going to do my full listen, but before I switch away from my phone, I want to post this.

Megatronus mentioned Vector Oracle, and I went and looked and got excited, but before I pulleD the trigger, I went to ser what Repug's gun looked like.

Transformers G1 1987 Repugnus (Repug) Gallery

Its white, and has a circular disc in the middle. "Where have I seen that before?" And then it hit me.

Thats the Hasbro Afterburner gun he's holding. Not o ly is it a good fit, but the hole on its side means it can mounted on the bug's carapace blades' handles.

However, fair warning: In myattempts to repose him for Bot Mode, the tab that attach the sword to his back broke off in his back. No way I am getting that out without gouging something and I couldn't glue that if I wanted.

But I quite like that and beteen both Hasbro and Takara Computron sets, I have a pair of guns I can spare.

This post brought to you by the Soundtrack for "The Greatest Showman". We now return you to your regularly scheduled PodCast Discussion.

PS. I LOVE Imgur. So much easier than Photobucket ever was.
Last edited by Flashwave on Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby Flashwave » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:11 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Vote for Cutest Public Service Announcement.

I wonder what the listening numbers are?

I was going to say Scotty's thing about Twinferno being the B2 with Dragon heads, but Dang, you're right!, that IS the Metroid. I almost need to track that thing back down again. Shame on me for passing him.

If there's a reason, is it dumb?

As a head, I think I like the TR head better, but to be honest I think I like the PotP head on him as a whole. If I put the TR head on I would switch the Torsos.

So Titanium Soundwave is wearing a MAG.

*See my previous Post*

I think if there was a 4th Monsterbot, I would be getting burnt out of the mold. Doublecross set the bar, Grotusque really ran with it and it was cool. Repugnus does something so different with the same base mold, but I am also becoming conscious of the similar parts.

I like that Repugnus has his legs/Beast Mode abdomen remolded. They actually snap together, which is a problem I have with both of the previous, Doublecross moreso, mostly because of the tails.

I loved Spotlight Cliffjumper. Sad to see him gone.

I like the Trypticon take. Nice to see him more wise. Marissa's been a great human character. I am not fond of the IDW Prowl take.

Agreed, being spoiled by the Unicron release is not helping

Slide is just another part of my larger complaint with Prime. I am glad they have "Humanized" him, and I am glad to see IDW exploring the idea of what is one person's God and another's Job Title, for want of a better word, but for me they've muddied Prime too much and Slide just keeps calling that out to me. He's almost the naysayer's of the comic in character form.

I don't think SLide CAN get an alt mode. In the Windblade series, they call out that the Sparks of Divisiun split, sorta like IDW TopSpin and Twin Twist in Last Stand, but even moreso, the Divisiun Transformers are literally 2 halves of 1 whole, one nervous system, anything he scans he becomes the back of, or worse, his T-Cog may not even work, because it requires having contact with his other half to compensate for the reformat and when he tries to rescan it's going "ERROR- HARDWARE NOT FOUND> UNABLE TO COMPLETE TRANS_SCAN"

Also, his point about "I can't transform" isn't about him not transforming, its that severl times through the IDW Comics the "Colonists have transformed and driven off without him. He had to WALK where they were going. If he were on Divisiun, maybe they have technology to refit him with a dummy front half, or dedicated Public Transportation at least. But the others just LEFT him standing in the Mojave.

Now, why isn't he just walking wit the giant crab? I don't have a smart answer for that.

To be fair, when Megatron came back, Starscream was being numbed by the Matrix

Definately want a Good Detritus.

I forgot about that Hot Shot head.

Arti: "Information Creep"

In Stormbringer, he was loyal to Thunderwing.

Didn't they reinforce that old Weak Spot though?

I thought the Izzles were dead? They died trying to save Kup.

Well, we do sorta know why Micronus left though, don't we? DIdn;t he leave when the other Primes left/were run off Cybertron?

Primus Hand---> Guiding Hand.

I love how they reveal Rung is Primus, when the COver is showing Chromedome literally running with him like a battering ram.

If Rung is Primus, doesn't that mean that Red Alert has been crying to GOD for how many miullion years?

It's sad Terminus wasn't there to say "Uh, sorry, thats uh my Bad"

Decibel was Megatron's Officer on the Last Light.

Yes, Matt, thats him.

Yes, there was a roll-up tacklebox case. I had one as a Kid.

In Lore, Adaptus became the T-Cog. Obviously that's not the case, but what if that legend was based on what happened to Epistemus being reduced to the Magnificence? Yeah, it's forced, but it makes sense since the Magnificence is an artifical Epiphany

I thought it was a nice touch that, knowing now that Solomus is Tyrest, that Tyrest subconscouiously reaching out to his old brother.

I got the impression that Mortilus, Primus, and Solomus more or less willingly chose to be "reborn" for a reason. They don't reember who they are or are the same because they aren't the same Guys anymore. Same Spark maybe, same basic mind, but different ways of thinking and different life experience.

They do kinda match up to the Quints, don't they? Tyrest's' crown does match the Quint Judgement head. Less so.

Adaptus/Pharma came through the Burrow from the past and Saw the Primus. He created the God Gun to punch a hole in the Universe to get rid of Primus, not knowing that he was creating a Self-Fulfilling Prophecy.

Hound definately has pins in his head, it looks like something flips out of his noggin.

I personally don't like the gap etween the front bumper and the fenders in his Bot Mode. Probably accurate, but I don't like it.

Arti: I worked in an Amazon warehouse for a Christmas, and was on the Individual Package Recieving. My job, along with one other, was to load a conveyor and unload the truck. One night, we opened the trailer, and I walked in to discover a box. It's long, narrow, flat, and heavy; looks like the box you get at Walmart when you buy a bookshelf. UPS had it tagged "71 of 123", meaning there were likely 123 of these in the trailer.

The were Kosher Rated, Pine Box Coffins.

And they were in differernt sizes ranging from "Small Dog or Cat" to "Fat Guy". We decided to leave them for Day Shift. Days lovingly left it for us.

When Siege frist dropped, I was hella in love with all of it, but after First Impressions, I have really cooled to them. Even Magnus, I will get it, but the more I see it, the more I actually am appreciating the CW mold. I prefer the SIege Alt mode because it actually looks like something, but it's another Parts former, and I really like the 1 piece Magnus.

Is Shocky confirmed for Siege? I don't want a Leader of him myself, but I'm down for any good Shockwave. I could be down for a Shockwave that comes with a buttload of accesories.

I DO want a Tidal Wave that armors up Megatron. Will it happen? When Pigs FLy. But it's cool.

Generations Percy was more Classics style.

I love that Poster where Predaking has Defensor thrown against a wall, staring down Superion who just scrapped himself. So I am quite happy with his hugeness.

Cheetimus actually did a Cyclonus Custom.

My favorite TR toy just by the one I keep pulling off my shelf, is Metalhawk. I even like him more than Triggerhappy, even though its the same mold.

I saw TFTM in theaters during a Botcon. I am taking two friends. I got lucky though because it falls on a Day I normally have off, I work weekends so this plays out.

Thanks guys!
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby ScottyP » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:20 am

Flashwave wrote:Is Shocky confirmed for Siege?
Not officially but when the source is retailer solicits - yeah, it's happening. Haven't seen it myself, for the record, but expecting to at the Fan Expo event in Canada in 10 days or so, along with the rest of Siege's first wave.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:02 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Thanks for the shout out Megatronus!!!!!!!

Was very happy to help.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4462
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #2 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915E"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #16 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Kaminski 231010L"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210480 30B (CA) Tramontano (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1023IM386 3B (CA) Clarke (W) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS One-Shot RI 1:10 IDW Comics (CA) Christiansen 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 OCT200411 1B (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #29 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210501 29A (CA) Malkova (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #29 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #9 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 9RI (CA) Perlin"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 5B 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers BEAST WARS ANNUAL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220440 (CA) Miller"
Transformers BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 1B 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0723IM409 4D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #10 Cover B IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 10B (CA) Deer"
TRANSFORMERS #10 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #5 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 NOV190607 5B (CA)Pitre-Durocher"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON