This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

NETFLIX Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy CARTOON Series Discussion

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby Deadput » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:14 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
This trailer was better then the first one, voices still are not as good as they could of been but their also not as terrible as they could be either.

I'm really impressed with the Generic variations here, like sure their just recolors/alterations of main characters but like their robots man you would realistically expect repeats of designs to happen to more then just Seekers or Datsun Brothers.

Like for anyone who wanted a more "serious" series, this is probably going to be the best we are ever going to get in that regard since you can't go too deep into war in a "children's franchise" outside of comics. (I mean for those who don't think that shows like Beast Wars or Animated were serious enough) and that might be a turn off for some people who don't like "overly edgy" shows, but no Transformers show is going to be for everyone.

For all we know the show might end up being better (or worse who knows) then the trailers make it out to be.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Quantum Surge » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Weapon: Twin Swords
I like this trailer a bit more than the last one, and the plot itself feels pretty interesting with the Decepticons reformatting the Autobots, but I'm still on the fence with the animation, voices, and how it heavily relies on the "G1 but dark and mature" gimmick. Maybe it'll be better than Machinima's Prime Wars, but we'll see.
Action Figure Wishlist:

G1 Deadend, Wildrider, Breakdown w/Menasor fists, feet, waist, chest, mask, and weapons
POTP (Optimal Optimus, Rodimus Unicronus)
Titans Return (Topspin, Octone)
Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby sol magnus » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:16 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Quantum Surge wrote:I like this trailer a bit more than the last one, and the plot itself feels pretty interesting with the Decepticons reformatting the Autobots, but I'm still on the fence with the animation, voices, and how it heavily relies on the "G1 but dark and mature" gimmick. Maybe it'll be better than Machinima's Prime Wars, but we'll see.

I watched those. They were practically unwatchable. And if the trailers are any indication, the plot, scripting and everything is better than that. But it's a low bar.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:03 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
sol magnus wrote:
Quantum Surge wrote:I like this trailer a bit more than the last one, and the plot itself feels pretty interesting with the Decepticons reformatting the Autobots, but I'm still on the fence with the animation, voices, and how it heavily relies on the "G1 but dark and mature" gimmick. Maybe it'll be better than Machinima's Prime Wars, but we'll see.

I watched those. They were practically unwatchable. And if the trailers are any indication, the plot, scripting and everything is better than that. But it's a low bar.

Exactly, it just has to be better then prime wars to not be the worst tf cartoon. I'll be okay if it's passable, as it means it can easily improve as we go from Siege to Earthrise and beyond. I rather have a show go from strength to strength then start out strong then fade away.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:16 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
ZeroWolf wrote:I'll be okay if it's passable, as it means it can easily improve as we go from Siege to Earthrise and beyond.
"Passable at first and then better as it goes along" sounds like a good description of Cyberverse.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby TulioDude » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:43 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Hype.

:michaelbay:
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Tigerhawk7109 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:35 pm

Motto: "Leave no man behind."
Weapon: Railgun
Am I the only one who’s getting my hopes up, because the trailers, voices, and animation are all EPIC?

:BH-PREDACON:
A total Prime fanatic with a Beast Wars username. I know, it doesn’t make sense to me either.

Tigerhawk7109
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Alt Mode: Lockheed Martin U-2
Strength: 6
Speed: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby aronjlove » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:40 pm

Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Am I the only one who’s getting my hopes up, because the trailers, voices, and animation are all EPIC?

I too feel really good about it. Maybe I don't have enough experience with the people making it, but from trailers alone, I'm pretty psyched. It reminds me of the cutscenes from the War for Cybertron video game from 10 years ago, but with much greater detail.

I also noticed we can see Elita-1 from the back and her design looks interesting. There's wheels between her wings.
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:45 pm

I'll put it this way, some of the same staff behind the prime wars cartoons are involved in this. If you didn't have the delight of watching them, count yourself lucky
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby sol magnus » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:51 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
ZeroWolf wrote:I'll put it this way, some of the same staff behind the prime wars cartoons are involved in this. If you didn't have the delight of watching them, count yourself lucky

Agreed, but I just think Netflix just ain't gonna put anything on their service that doesn't have minimum standards of quality.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt

Postby aronjlove » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:53 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:I'll put it this way, some of the same staff behind the prime wars cartoons are involved in this. If you didn't have the delight of watching them, count yourself lucky

No, I saw them and they were horrible. But I also remember the trailers being just as bad as the actual show. These trailers give me the complete opposite feel than those did and I have nothing else to judge them on but these two shows.
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:18 pm

sol magnus wrote:

Agreed, but I just think Netflix just ain't gonna put anything on their service that doesn't have minimum standards of quality.
Let's also keep in mind that it's not Netflix but Rooster Teeth who's making this show.

After all, Netflix doesn't make the stuff they air, they just air the stuff.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:19 pm

sol magnus wrote:

Don't know about that, I'm yet to hear anything good about their saint seiya cgi series. They may only look at quality from a visual and audio perspective, not the story itself which is the main thing.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby transformers_va » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:27 pm

Motto: "Victory lies in the conquest of unknown mysteries"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
Quantum Surge wrote:.. how it heavily relies on the "G1 but dark and mature" gimmick.
To me, this is a huge draw towards what I've seen so far. It's obvious that there is more than just the child market, and I'm personally elated to see it going "dark and mature". I watched a few of the different series throughout the years, but found them all far too kiddified and disappointing.
If Cyberverse == 60s Batman, and this == Dark Knight, then I'm stoked for the new show!
transformers_va
Vehicon
Strength: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:52 pm

transformers_va wrote:
Quantum Surge wrote:.. how it heavily relies on the "G1 but dark and mature" gimmick.
To me, this is a huge draw towards what I've seen so far. It's obvious that there is more than just the child market, and I'm personally elated to see it going "dark and mature". I watched a few of the different series throughout the years, but found them all far too kiddified and disappointing.
If Cyberverse == 60s Batman, and this == Dark Knight, then I'm stoked for the new show!
The main thing is that The Dark Knight was meaningful in its darkness. There was social commentary and allegory and metaphors and all kinds of weighty and impactful substance. Conversely, if this show turns out to be just depressing and violent grimdark for the sake of depressing and violent grimdark, then that's not maturity, that's shallowness.

Or to put it another way, Batman is cooler when, after struggling to beat his enemy, he ultimately overcomes them with his cunning mind and unyielding will while setting an inspiring example for the viewing audience and channeling a thought-provoking message for us to consider and possibly debate over afterward, rather than when he beats his enemy by sticking a bullet in their head and blowing out their gooey brains all over the camera in full graphic detail, while surrounded by carcasses and skeletons set against the smoldering backdrop of Gotham City on fire and in total ruin.

In short, substance over spectacle is key. ;)

Also, Cyberverse was a far cry from 60s Batman. If anything, the closest TF cartoon equivalent to 60s Batman would be the G1 cartoon, and which was still a far cry from 60s Batman.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:13 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
transformers_va wrote:
The main thing is that The Dark Knight was meaningful in its darkness. There was social commentary and allegory and metaphors and all kinds of weighty and impactful substance. Conversely, if this show turns out to be just depressing and violent grimdark for the sake of depressing and violent grimdark, then that's not maturity, that's shallowness.

Or to put it another way, Batman is cooler when, after struggling to beat his enemy, he ultimately overcomes them with his cunning mind and unyielding will while setting an inspiring example for the viewing audience and channeling a thought-provoking message for us to consider and possibly debate over afterward, rather than when he beats his enemy by sticking a bullet in their head and blowing out their gooey brains all over the camera in full graphic detail, while surrounded by carcasses and skeletons set against the smoldering backdrop of Gotham City on fire and in total ruin.

In short, substance over spectacle is key. ;)

Also, Cyberverse was a far cry from 60s Batman. If anything, the closest TF cartoon equivalent to 60s Batman would be the G1 cartoon, and which was still a far cry from 60s Batman.

This ^ Being dark for darks sake isn't the way forward, it reeks of being edgy for no reason. Tone is a tool in a writers tool kit to help the story.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby transformers_va » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:29 pm

Sabrblade wrote:The main thing is that The Dark Knight was meaningful behind the darkness.
I think there is definitely meaning in the dark tone of this new series as well.. it is the war for Cybertron after all ;)
transformers_va
Vehicon

Postby Quantum Surge » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:35 pm

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Weapon: Twin Swords
transformers_va wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The main thing is that The Dark Knight was meaningful behind the darkness.
I think there is definitely meaning in the dark tone of this new series as well.. it is the war for Cybertron after all ;)

The Cybertron games, setting aside their medium, have a meaning behind the dark tone, but I felt there was more engagement in the story as well as characters that were able to remain unique from one another. This Netflix series has its characters almost feel the same with very little variation past select voices.
Action Figure Wishlist:

G1 Deadend, Wildrider, Breakdown w/Menasor fists, feet, waist, chest, mask, and weapons
POTP (Optimal Optimus, Rodimus Unicronus)
Titans Return (Topspin, Octone)
Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Speed: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:50 pm

transformers_va wrote:
Yes, and in reality, war is a very miserable, grotesque thing full of death and turmoil. That's why most TF fiction has usually downplayed the grimness and bloodiness of warfare to focus instead on more uplifting or character-driven aspects of war like hope, strategy, skills, and character dynamics.

Less "Saving Private Ryan" and more "Captain America: The First Avenger" or even "Wonder Woman". ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby transformers_va » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:55 pm

Quantum Surge wrote:The Cybertron games, setting aside their medium, have a meaning behind the dark tone, but I felt there was more engagement in the story as well as characters that were able to remain unique from one another.
I agree with you 100% about the games, and I'm hoping that the series is well done too. I won't judge it based of a few minutes of preview, and instead look forward to watching
transformers_va
Vehicon

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:00 pm

transformers_va wrote:
Quantum Surge wrote:The Cybertron games, setting aside their medium, have a meaning behind the dark tone, but I felt there was more engagement in the story as well as characters that were able to remain unique from one another.
I agree with you 100% about the games, and I'm hoping that the series is well done too. I won't judge it based of a few minutes of preview, and instead look forward to watching
I think we can all agree that something similar in tone to those games would suffice, as those games had cool stories that didn't glorify the miseries of war, but instead focused on fun action and cool ideas. 8-)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby sol magnus » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:09 pm

It almost seems like the fans want this to be bad. The trailers are pretty good. You think they put ALL the good stuff in three short trailers? Really?
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt

Postby transformers_va » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:16 pm

Sabrblade wrote:I think we can all agree that something similar in tone to those games would suffice, as those games had cool stories that didn't glorify the miseries of war, but instead focused on fun action and cool ideas. 8-)
I absolutely 100% agree! :D I'm also hoping that along with the fun action, and cool ideas, they have some tinges of humour as well (just not kiddified) :-D
transformers_va
Vehicon

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:59 am

sol magnus wrote:It almost seems like the fans want this to be bad. The trailers are pretty good. You think they put ALL the good stuff in three short trailers? Really?

Why not? Everyone else does these days >:oP The art of making a quality trailer that teases awesome things without giving everything away is a lost art form.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby sol magnus » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:41 am

ZeroWolf wrote:
sol magnus wrote:It almost seems like the fans want this to be bad. The trailers are pretty good. You think they put ALL the good stuff in three short trailers? Really?

Why not? Everyone else does these days >:oP The art of making a quality trailer that teases awesome things without giving everything away is a lost art form.

I'd rather look optimistically at what we've got so far and be a bit disappointed if it's not up to snuff than to poo-poo it just for confirmation bias.

If the trailer was absolute bunk, I'd be worried. But it's not, so I'm not. I hope it raises the profile, even if just a little bit. There are two other seasons to either improve or get worse, too.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr C DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223270 1C (CA) Dell'Otto"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 DEC210329 3B (CA) McFarlane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #3 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #28 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM420 28B (CA) Vargas (W) McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #28 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #347 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM457 347B (W) McConville (CA) Barends"
SPAWN #347 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #268 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0723IM805 268A (W/A/CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #268 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #32 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM281 32B (CA) Fernandez (W)McFarlane"
NEW!
KING SPAWN #32 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2022 OCT210018 1D Spawn (CA) McFarlane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #1 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #17 Cvr B Image Comics FEB230243 17B (CA) Tomaselli (W)Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #17 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #23 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR230255 23B (CA) Tomaselli (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #23 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #339 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 DEC220300 339A (W) McConville (CA) Bianchi"
SPAWN #339 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #348 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM448 348A (W) McConville (CA) Carlos"
SPAWN #348 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #17 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 DEC220239 17B (CA) Tomaselli"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 One Shot Cvr L 1:25 B&W DC Image Comics 2022 1L (CA) Fabok"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 On ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #17 Cvr A Image Comics FEB230242 17A (CA) Brooks (W) Lewis (A) Segovia"
SCORCHED #17 Cvr A ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON