This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Postby Triggerdick Megatron » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:17 pm

Bases! Bases! Scorponok! Bases! Bases! Scorponok!

This will be an awesome series!
Does anyone have a spare POTP Hun-Gurrr card?
Triggerdick Megatron
Minibot
Alt Mode: Action Master Megatron

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:19 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I didn't notice until now that Optimus has that stupid silver stripe on each of his arms that both MP-1/MP-4 and MP-10 had but which he never had in either the G1 cartoon or comics. His truck mode didn't even have that silver stripe most of the time in the cartoon, so I'd rather they got rid of it altogether if it meant each of arms wouldn't have to have that stupid stripe.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby STngAR » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:46 pm

Weapon: No Weapon
1569954275-eart-rising-11.png

WHAT ARE THOSE!!

First thing I thought of when I saw those trailer wheels :lol:
:MAXIMAL:
Sledge wrote:Finally! Wheelie will get the credit he's due with a set of five Wheelies.

ScottyP wrote:Kid 1 "What did you get for Christmas?"
Kid 2 "Steve.........What did you get?"
Kid 1 "John Cena!"

"If you want to get rich, collect money, not toys"

COLLECTION
STngAR
Pretender
News Credits: 5
Watch STngAR on YouTube
Buy from STngAR on eBay
Alt Mode: The Litter Box
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: Infinity

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:40 am

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Sabrblade wrote:I didn't notice until now that Optimus has that stupid silver stripe on each of his arms that both MP-1/MP-4 and MP-10 had but which he never had in either the G1 cartoon or comics. His truck mode didn't even have that silver stripe most of the time in the cartoon, so I'd rather they got rid of it altogether if it meant each of arms wouldn't have to have that stupid stripe.

from what is pictured i noticed theres no roller, what a bummer :(
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Deadput » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:53 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
That Cliffjumper is bigger then the legend sized versions of the minibots we have been getting for the last few years right?

If so...god damn it, it won't feel right having a Cliffjumper that is bigger then Bee, Brawn and the other minibots in the collection.

Also can the trilogy really be considered a War for Cybertron if only part 1 takes place on Earth? Like not a knock on the products themselves but it seems weird to me.

Like is part 3 going to be in the future or something? (The movie and season 3 era)
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:10 am

Weapon: Ion-Charge Disperser Rifle
Deadput wrote:That Cliffjumper is bigger then the legend sized versions of the minibots we have been getting for the last few years right?

If so...god damn it, it won't feel right having a Cliffjumper that is bigger then Bee, Brawn and the other minibots in the collection.

Yeah, that's what I'm scared of. We just got basically near perfect versions of the majority of the Minibots the last few years, and now I'm scared they're gonna start all over again.

Deadput wrote:Also can the trilogy really be considered a War for :saint: Cybertron if only part 1 takes place on Earth? Like not a knock on the products themselves but it seems weird to me.

Like is part 3 going to be in the future or something? (The movie and season 3 era)

That's what everyone's guessing, yeah, especially since apparently John Warden said the episodes that inspired this trilogy are More Than Meets The Eye part 1, Fire in the Sky, Call of the Primitives, and The Rebirth iirc.
G2/Action Master/obscure variant-inspired redecos and retools are my lifeblood

Looking for:
- Golden Disk Terrorsaur elbow spikes
Jeddostotle7
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: real full-size version of truck from LEGO City 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Skill: 8

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:04 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Be interesting to see what call of the primitives inspired :-? Unless they're making a Primacon figure...
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:18 am

Deadput wrote:Also can the trilogy really be considered a War for Cybertron if only part 1 takes place on Earth? Like not a knock on the products themselves but it seems weird to me.
In all of the brand's history, the war has always been for the control of Cybertron no matter what other planets it has been fought on.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby sol magnus » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:26 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
Deadput wrote:Also can the trilogy really be considered a War for Cybertron if only part 1 takes place on Earth? Like not a knock on the products themselves but it seems weird to me.
In all of the brand's history, the war has always been for the control of Cybertron no matter what other planets it has been fought on.

Cybertron and....the Universe. (Evil cackle)
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9

Postby Cyberpath » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:31 am

sol magnus wrote:Is Prime really going to have silver hands, or is this just for pre-production...

Not just the hands but the inner lower legs and elbow joints as well. Honestly the final deco makes an otherwise good-looking figure look like a KO.

And I agree with @Sabrblade about the stripes. Instead of of that paint app I'd finish the yellow paint on his pelvis, and blue on crotch.
I'm not too fond of the grey app on the air intake either. But that's just a small annoyance.

Attachments
rendering vs product.jpg
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby william-james88 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:43 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sabrblade wrote:

Even in Prime? Cybertron was a lost cause in that show.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:45 am

Cyberpath wrote:And I agree with @Sabrblade about the stripes. Instead of of that paint app I'd finish the yellow paint on his pelvis, and blue on crotch.
I'm not too fond of the grey app on the air intake either. But that's just a small annoyance.
Yeah, it bothered me on the first two MP Convoys and it still bothers me.

After all these years, I'm still amazed that no one has ever tried making a G1 Optimus toy that transforms like the CG Optimus seen in the Kid Rhino G1 Season 2 DVD menus. IIRC, that one transformed from a show-accurate robot mode to a convincingly-realistic truck mode without any cheating or over-complexity.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:47 am

william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Do you not remember the whole ordeal with the Omega Lock? Main characters even killed each other over that.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby sol magnus » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:37 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Cyberpath wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Is Prime really going to have silver hands, or is this just for pre-production...

Not just the hands but the inner lower legs and elbow joints as well. Honestly the final deco makes an otherwise good-looking figure look like a KO.

And I agree with @Sabrblade about the stripes. Instead of of that paint app I'd finish the yellow paint on his pelvis, and blue on crotch.

Much as I hate to invoke 3p here, but hopefully somebody will do something with those parts. My son WILL ask me why Prime's hands are not blue (to say nothing of my own problem with it). He'll be seven by the time this hits.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Endurance: 9

Postby Cyberpath » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:44 am

Stargrave wrote:Hoist can tow characters or attach to your mini cities and his robot mode can become a bridge like he did in G1.

His robot mode? Like this?

That's funny, but I guess I like the fact that the people calling the shots are into the same source material as I am. :))

Sabrblade wrote:Yeah, it bothered me on the first two MP Convoys and it still bothers me.

After all these years, I'm still amazed that no one has ever tried making a G1 Optimus toy that transforms like the CG Optimus seen in the Kid Rhino G1 Season 2 DVD menus. IIRC, that one transformed from a show-accurate robot mode to a convincingly-realistic truck mode without any cheating or over-complexity.

I stayed clear of Rhino because they had remastered the wrong films (the Madman Entertainment set is perfect) so unfortunately this small pic is all I found...

Pre-orders are also up on Amazon, with release date of March 31, 2020. I think I'm gonna hold off on EarthRise Prime though till a better version comes out. They do that sometimes.

Not sure about Starscream either, I liked Henkei at the time but was hoping for something different. Don't like the chunky piece over his canopy or the nosecone sticking out from his back.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby william-james88 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:13 am

Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Do you not remember the whole ordeal with the Omega Lock? Main characters even killed each other over that.

That came later. At the start of the show they dont seem to be battling for control of cybertron.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:19 am

william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

That came later. At the start of the show they dont seem to be battling for control of cybertron.
That's because there was no war at the beginning, only minor skirmishes. The Decepticons had been MIA for three years prior to the first episode, and Optimus states in Episode 6 that the war had ended a long time ago. As the series progressed, later events reignited Megatron's desire to control Cybertron as new means to both revitalize it and dominate it came into being.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:39 am

Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

That's because there was no war at the beginning, only minor skirmishes. The Decepticons had been MIA for three years prior to the first episode, and Optimus states in Episode 6 that the war had ended a long time ago. As the series progressed, later events reignited Megatron's desire to control Cybertron as new means to both revitalize it and dominate it came into being.

Thats a long way to write "you're right William".

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Stargrave » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:29 pm

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
This much fan service and a Prime trailer with no Roller? I bet that means we’ll get a cool Masterversion of him or ‘hopehopebeyondhope’ the IDW version :-D
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby Cobotron » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:54 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Stargrave wrote:This much fan service and a Prime trailer with no Roller? I bet that means we’ll get a cool Masterversion of him or ‘hopehopebeyondhope’ the IDW version :-D

I was just thinking the same thing! Maybe they will give us a Micromaster Roller. He would be a cool candidate for a Weaponizer too. Makes a lot of sense for him to become weapons and armor for the big boss man.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Microbot » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:57 pm

...these will be available on Amazon too? I'm sure Amazon send it to Italy with a good price and no prob with customs fees , not sure about the other sites...
Microbot
Minibot
News Credits: 2

Postby Deadput » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:02 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:

I get that, it's just weird to call it a War for Cybertron Trilogy regardless.

But wouldn't it have been better to instead call part one the War for Cybertron, part two Earth Rise and then part three whatever-my-name-will-be?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:11 pm

Sabrblade wrote:I didn't notice until now that Optimus has that stupid silver stripe on each of his arms that both MP-1/MP-4 and MP-10 had but which he never had in either the G1 cartoon or comics. His truck mode didn't even have that silver stripe most of the time in the cartoon, so I'd rather they got rid of it altogether if it meant each of arms wouldn't have to have that stupid stripe.

Those first MPs were to emulate both the toy and the show with the silver stripe there to give him a silver stripe in truck mode, like the G1 toy. I never minded that element. The fact that he still has it in the Earthrise figure when it doesnt seem to be for the truck mode does end up looking a bit ridiculous though, when other parts needed that paint more.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby emlit » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:20 pm

Motto: "I’ve already calculated your next three actions - save us some time and yield."
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
Cobotron wrote:Maybe they will give us a Micromaster Roller. He would be a cool candidate for a Weaponizer too. Makes a lot of sense for him to become weapons and armor for the big boss man.

:APPLAUSE: Love the weaponizer idea for Roller. Love it.
emlit
Minibot
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Atmospheric Superiority Fighter
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby AcademyofDrX » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:58 pm

TF-fan kev777 wrote:I never said the G1 designs weren't ridiculously dated, no disagreement there. But they are a hell of a lot more marketable to kids than the MTMTE cybertronian designs. Kids can look at Earthrise Grapple and know that it is an older style crane. Kids will look at MTMTE Jazz and ask, what the heck is that, a shoe? (Real feedback from a real kid on that comment.)

Generations figures are designed and marketed for adults primarily. If you look at Hasbro investor-facing material, adult purchases for adults are an important constituency. Just as they have media properties for different demographics, they maintain separate product lines.
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster
News Credits: 17
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #5 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915F"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1123IM344 4C (CA) Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Legends & Rumors 100-Page Giant IDW Comics 2021 231222D"
TRANSFORMERS '84 L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #12 Cover B IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 12B (CA) Zama JUN190702"
TRANSFORMERS #12 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 SEP210480 10RI (CA) Coller"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926B"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Perlin (W) Macchio 230915O"
TRANSFORMERS THE M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 0124IM329 7D (CA) Allen (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #3 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Insecticons Cover"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS ONE-SHOT Sub Cover IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Griffith 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #2 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915F"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 1A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #16 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Kaminski 231010L"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #26 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 OCT200416 26B (CA) Monfort (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #26 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON