This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Postby joevill » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:35 am

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
Scorpinok looks amazing!
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Randomhero » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:37 am

Lore Keeper wrote:Yeah... I won't be buying a Maverick Transformer. Tom Cruise was an utter nightmare to my friends on the TR and servicemembers stationed on land. To makes matters even worse, the Navy covered for him so as not to injure his fragile little ego. So, thanks but no thanks.

Cool story bro.

Shia Lebouf steals others peoples works and tries to claim them as his own and when caught argues it should be his right to do so. Doesn’t mean I’m gonna stop collecting studio series.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby TheForgottenTaxi » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:49 am

Damn. Universe 2.0 Cyclonus is one of my favorite CHUG figures of all time... and I still find myself tempted by this new one. It looks so good! (Assuming the face doesn't wind up actually being that color.)
I have feelings about robots. They are mostly here. -> https://isgardtheterrible.wixsite.com/rankingrobots
TheForgottenTaxi
Micromaster

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:50 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Okay, these look great. Cyclonus might finally dethrone the RTS 2-pack one I’ve had all these years, and Thrust basically confirms the other two Coneheads are coming. Soundwave looks great, but I don’t mind the Siege one so much, so unless the alt mode on this one really is that good, I’m just going to stick with him. After all, with the way things are seeming to line up, looks like I’m already going to have to offload the Siege Datsuns and Ironhide/Ratchet. Optimus I found a spot for since getting the Earthrise Leader and discovering the backwards compatibility of the Siege axe, and I’ve found spots for the tetrajet mode original Seekers, but it’s really annoying how some of the Siege stuff is already getting swept under the rug because Earthrise is clearly the ones people are gunna want.

Maverick looks killer, I’ll definitely get myself one. Unlikely as it is, but now I long for the day when I get a Fury x Transformers crossover Sherman tank with the slicked back high-and-tight Brad Pitt had in it, with .50 cal in one hand and cigar in the other. :lol:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby AcademyofDrX » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:59 am

skycutter wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:I don't think that's Earthrise Soundwave or a retool, I think it's a straight redeco of Siege Soundwave, and corresponds to that Walmart listing before. The "red" stands for "red eyes."

You can clearly see the Siege landing gear on his arm, I don't know why they would keep that in a retool. I'm guessing it's basically another wave of the 35th anniversary redecoes, just without the cel shading the leaders had.

remolded chest and legs as well

Maybe I'm missing something, I don't see any evidence of remolding on the chest, just new paint. The front of the legs look identical to me, even down to the 3mm pegs. Maybe the outer leg panels have been modified?

I'm not sure there's any change to the backpack, because you can see he's not laying flat.

Edit: I see it now, the lower part of the chest is as wide as the upper part, so there's definitely a change, and I'm guessing the arms and shoulders aren't on the same hinge.
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster
News Credits: 17
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Stormshot_Prime » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:08 pm

Motto: "Primus is in his heaven, all’s right with the world."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
If we really are getting Cyclonus, does this mean that we'll soon get an actual, proper Galvatron?
Stormshot_Prime
Vehicon
Alt Mode: All-Terrain Battle SUV
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:12 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Image

Leaked picture of the rumored Hubcap. Not sure if it should be here or Selects, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum

Interesting :-? I wonder if there was a raid at the factory :lol:
Where did you get this picture from?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:19 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
ZeroWolf wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Image

Leaked picture of the rumored Hubcap. Not sure if it should be here or Selects, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum

Interesting :-? I wonder if there was a raid at the factory :lol:
Where did you get this picture from?

I got it off Twitter, but it's also floating around TFW. Supposedly it came from the same Discord chat from the other leaks. I can't verify any of that though because of a mix of people giving similar enough, but different stories, and not actually knowing why it's from a Discord chat, and not just a leaker leaking it to a news site like the others

Edit: I will say, this could just be a good custom though because the head and paints look just enough off for me to be suspicious, so I probably should have said "Possible leaked picture". I know yellow paint is trickier to color match, but the head has a sort of "fuzzy" quality
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:46 pm

Hmm what's interesting is the fact there's a second one just to the left. I'll have to have a dig around. Thanks!
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:52 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:Hmm what's interesting is the fact there's a second one just to the left. I'll have to have a dig around. Thanks!

It's just the underside of vehicle mode. Some people are saying it's Bumblebee because the head looks different, but it just looks slightly off because of all the yellow. I can post a picture that shows both if you want?

Edit to include the picture:
Last edited by Sentinel_Primal on Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby Munkky » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:52 pm

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Stormshot_Prime wrote:If we really are getting Cyclonus, does this mean that we'll soon get an actual, proper Galvatron?

Seeing as there's a little picture of Galvatron floating in space on the side of every Earthrise figure's packaging, I'd say a new Galvatron is definitely on the way.
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby frogbat » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:24 pm

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
I kinda thought it was a reference to the tiny galvatron coming with unicron... might be a new galvatron tho I really liked the tr versions besides the way they went about the head
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Speed: 7
Firepower: 5

Postby Lore Keeper » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:26 pm

Randomhero wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:Yeah... I won't be buying a Maverick Transformer. Tom Cruise was an utter nightmare to my friends on the TR and servicemembers stationed on land. To makes matters even worse, the Navy covered for him so as not to injure his fragile little ego. So, thanks but no thanks.

Cool story bro.

Shia Lebouf steals others peoples works and tries to claim them as his own and when caught argues it should be his right to do so. Doesn’t mean I’m gonna stop collecting studio series.

No need to be so condescending... bro. You do whatever you want with your money, and I shall do what I want with mine.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster

Postby Deadput » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:39 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon

I don't see why Tom Cruise should impact the figure, why not just see it as just a jet Transformer, it's not like Ectotron where it looks explicitly themed?

It's not like you would be handing cash to him directly.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:46 pm

Sentinel_Primal wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Hmm what's interesting is the fact there's a second one just to the left. I'll have to have a dig around. Thanks!

It's just the underside of vehicle mode. Some people are saying it's Bumblebee because the head looks different, but it just looks slightly off because of all the yellow. I can post a picture that shows both if you want?

Edit to include the picture:

Thanks! I'd say that looks like the back of bee's head as I think I can make out the little horns. I think.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:53 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Aw man, that cyclonus is looking so good already, I can't wait to grab him; thrust is looking to have a fake cone head?
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:56 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:Aw man, that cyclonus is looking so good already, I can't wait to grab him; thrust is looking to have a fake cone head?

Very likely, though I'd say it's for the better. That way the jet and robot mode can look better proportioned. Sorta like how Optimus has a fake grill section to improve both modes proportions
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby Stormshot_Prime » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:53 pm

Motto: "Primus is in his heaven, all’s right with the world."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
frogbat wrote:I kinda thought it was a reference to the tiny galvatron coming with unicron... might be a new galvatron tho I really liked the tr versions besides the way they went about the head

The head was pretty bad yeah. For me it was a little more than that, his proportions just didn't seem like Galvatron, specifically the upper body. But given the big G1 focus going on in WFC, I have hope that they'll take care to make the proportions on point. Not that TR Galvs is a totally bad toy, it was great to finally get a good representation of his character. No spaceship mode please this time.

Let's hope a new Scourge is on its way too :CON:
Stormshot_Prime
Vehicon
Alt Mode: All-Terrain Battle SUV
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 4

Postby Lore Keeper » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:53 pm

Deadput wrote:

I don't see why Tom Cruise should impact the figure, why not just see it as just a jet Transformer, it's not like Ectotron where it looks explicitly themed?

You're right, and I'm not abstaining from buying this as some sort of protest. It's just the fact that this is basically a toy of his character, and the thought of the guy just raises my blood pressure. Between the way he treats people and his zealous support of a cult that scams its followers and launches coordinated attacks against anyone that dare speak out against them, it would feel wrong for me to put this in my house.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster

Postby DeathReviews » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:32 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
Thrust was one of the best, just because of those VTOL turbines. Glad there's going to be an Earthrise version. Windblade was just a copycat of Thrust ;).

I guess this means we'll be seeing versions of Dirge and Ramjet using this mold. No way Hasbro is going to pass up THAT opportunity.
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:36 pm

DeathReviews wrote:Thrust was one of the best, just because of those VTOL turbines. Glad there's going to be an Earthrise version. Windblade was just a copycat of Thrust ;).

I guess this means we'll be seeing versions of Dirge and Ramjet using this mold. No way Hasbro is going to pass up THAT opportunity.

Weirdly, I was just thinking of how great it would be to get a Windblade from this mold. I don't think it'd be too hard, just retool the torso and maybe feet and it'd be perfect in my opinion
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby ScottyP » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:55 pm

That Cyclonus looks like he needs to lay off the cheeseburgers for awhile.

Top Gun jet looks awesome, looking forward to Kou Uraki as a Transformer!

Now I want a Days of Thunder collaboration release. Or five.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:01 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Cyclonus looks alright. And good to see confirmation that the coneheads' faces will actually be hidden.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:30 pm

I just had a thought about the potential Earthrise Soundwave. What if they've made him into a "triple-changer" in the vein of G2 Dreadwing? His main mode is a tape-deck, but then he also has a "vehicle mode" where he turns into something like whatever Siege's vehicle mode was supposed to be
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:49 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Lore Keeper wrote:
Deadput wrote:

You're right, and I'm not abstaining from buying this as some sort of protest. It's just the fact that this is basically a toy of his character, and the thought of the guy just raises my blood pressure. Between the way he treats people and his zealous support of a cult that scams its followers and launches coordinated attacks against anyone that dare speak out against them, it would feel wrong for me to put this in my house.
It's more like a toy of his jet rather than of he himself. After all, Ectotron wasn't a toy of Dan Ackroyd. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KILLADELPHIA #32 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1023IM343 32A (CA) Alexander (W) Barnes"
KILLADELPHIA #32 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D GI JOE 1223IM274 (CA) Petraites + Martin"
DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FERAL #1 Cvr G 1:100 Image Comics 2024 1G 0124IM201 (CA) Forstner + Fleecs"
NEW!
FERAL #1 Cvr G 1:1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0923IM468 6E (CA) Infante (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #47 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 JUL220271 47C (CA) Rivera"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #17 Cvr A Image Comics FEB230242 17A (CA) Brooks (W) Lewis (A) Segovia"
SCORCHED #17 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Image 30th Annv Anthology #1 Image Comics 2022 FEB220047 (CA) Costa + Monti"
Image 30th Annv An ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #15 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 DEC220297 15B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #15 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FIRE POWER #12 Cvr K Image Comics 2021 APR210175 12K (CA) Randolph (W) Kirkman"
FIRE POWER #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A 1223IM259 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C 0124IM240 (CA) Burnham"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM323 5A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #50 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 SEP220083 50C (CA) Lotay"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #61 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 FEB230267 61A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON