This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon!

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon!

Postby Bed Bugs » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:22 am

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Got money? The two movie props from the Transformers Movie that are listed on Ebay.com are about to close. For anybody seriously considering bidding on these auctions, you have, as of this news post, a little over 8 hours.

Be sure to sign that loan application before you bid though, as these are sure to be bank-breakers when the dust settles.

Currently, the Bumblebee Camaro has a high bid of $30,100!

The Allspark is going for even more! Current high bid is $40,100

Please remember though, before slamming the prices that these are 1 of a kind items and that all proceeds go to the Fisher House Foundation.
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Gestalt
News Credits: 349
Alt Mode: A Bed Bug
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Last Chance! Ebay auctions for Bumblebee and Allspark are closing soon!

Postby Bonecrusher27 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:25 am

Fender Bender wrote:The Allspark is going for even more! Current high bid is $40,100

Holy Mama! Is that price for the pre- or the post-shrunk cube???
Bonecrusher27
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1

Postby 1337W422102 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:28 am

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Man, those questions are retarded. Except for the 'Is the car driveable?' the other questions must have been written by 12-year olds: "Does it shoot fire," and "Does it transform."

Hell, even Ask Vector Prime had some smarter questions than those....
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby trailbreaker » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:29 am

LMAO! The Bumblebee auction has EBAY User questions on it. Someone asked if the car actually shoots fire.....
trailbreaker
Micromaster

Postby Talon523 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:30 am

LOLOL. I think someone was having fun with them.
Talon523
Minibot

Postby Delta82 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:32 am

im surprised that noone asked if the Allspark could make decepticons lol, that would of been funny
Delta82
Micromaster

Postby First Gen » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:38 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
I didnt even bother reading the auctions once I saw the bids, is this money going to charity or something?
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby 1337W422102 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:55 am

First Gen wrote:I didnt even bother reading the auctions once I saw the bids, is this money going to charity or something?

The last line says it goes to the Fisher House Foundation.
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Jawnee » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:10 am

It never ceases to amaze me that there are people stupid enough to pay that much money for a car you could build at home to look EXACTLY like the one from the movie for like... $5k... tops.
Jawnee
Micromaster

Postby 1337W422102 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:14 am

Jawnee wrote:It never ceases to amaze me that there are people stupid enough to pay that much money for a car you could build at home to look EXACTLY like the one from the movie for like... $5k... tops.

The thing you're forgetting is that they're paying for this car because it's THE car that was IN the movie, not just an old banger they bought off their uncle, you know?
Last edited by 1337W422102 on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby GetterDragun » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:17 am

1337W422102 wrote:
Jawnee wrote:It never ceases to amaze me that there are people stupid enough to pay that much money for a car you could build at home to look EXACTLY like the one from the movie for like... $5k... tops.

The thing you're forgetting is that they're paying for this car because it's THE car that was IN the movie, not just an old banger they bought off they're uncle, you know?

I agree. It ceases to amaze me that people don't understand that there are movie memorabilia collectors who want the actual movie stuff. Plus making one your self won't be exact.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby Jawnee » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:31 am

GetterDragun wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:

The thing you're forgetting is that they're paying for this car because it's THE car that was IN the movie, not just an old banger they bought off they're uncle, you know?

I agree. It ceases to amaze me that people don't understand that there are movie memorabilia collectors who want the actual movie stuff. Plus making one your self won't be exact.

Make no mistake, I understand that there are people who collect movie memorabilia and that they want the ACTUAL movie stuff. I understand that completely and it would be one thing if said prop was "one of a kind". That I could get behind and support... but this is a camero you could literally get for less than a thousand bucks... if you shopped around.

But there is nothing "original" (or exact for that matter) about the car AT ALL, other than it has an autobot logo on the steering wheel and was driven on set. Forgive me if I reserve my right to think it's ridiculous to pay $30,000+ for a $1,000 (or less) car that was "in a movie" and looks like 100 other cars I've seen sitting in the front lawns of backwoods towns all over the US with 4-SALE signs in them.

1337W422102 wrote:The thing you're forgetting is that they're paying for this car because it's THE car that was IN the movie, not just an old banger they bought off their uncle, you know?

I'm not forgetting that fact... I'm well aware of it. That is what makes it so funny. Where do you think Michael Bay bought it? It is nice that the money goes to charity so I'll give them that but I just can't understand the logic of buying paying that much for something that is hardly "one of a kind" just because it was in a movie.
Last edited by Jawnee on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jawnee
Micromaster

Postby 1337W422102 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:35 am

Jawnee wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:

Make no mistake, I understand that there are people who collect movie memorabilia and that they want the ACTUAL movie stuff. I understand that completely and it would be one thing if said prop was "one of a kind". That I could get behind and support... but this is a camero you could literally get for less than a thousand bucks... if you shopped around.

But there is nothing "original" (or exact for that matter) about the car AT ALL, other than it has an autobot logo on the steering wheel and was driven on set. Forgive me if I reserve my right to think it's ridiculous to pay $30,000+ for a $1,000 (or less) car that was "in a movie" and looks like 100 other cars I've seen sitting in the front lawns of backwoods towns all over the US with 4-SALE signs in them.

1337W422102 wrote:The thing you're forgetting is that they're paying for this car because it's THE car that was IN the movie, not just an old banger they bought off their uncle, you know?

I'm not forgetting that fact... I'm well aware of it. That is what makes it so funny. Where do you think Michael Bay bought it?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pay that much for THAT car. I'd might as well make my OWN oldschool Camaro! With blackjack! And hookers!
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Jawnee » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:39 am

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pay that much for THAT car. I'd might as well make my OWN oldschool Camaro! With blackjack! And hookers!

:lol:
Jawnee
Micromaster

Postby GetterDragun » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:39 am

Jawnee wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:

I'm not forgetting that fact... I'm well aware of it. That is what makes it so funny. Where do you think Michael Bay bought it?

Movie cars hold their value and $30,000 is not that much. The FnF Supra went for $100,000 and the original Dukes of Hazard car went for like $10 million a few weeks ago. So yea, you can spend 5 grand or so on an old Camaro and sell it for the same or maybe less, but this one should hold its value.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby Jawnee » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:42 am

I understand what you're sayin GetterDragun and I'm not tryin to argue I'm just expressing a matter of opinion. At the end of the day the only REAL difference between that Camero and one I buy for a grand is the serial numbers don't match. Admittedly it's my fault I don't understand the appeal. I simply can't relate with spending that much money on something I can make myself for less. It's kinda my philosophy with everything really... I'm one of those do it yourself types.
Jawnee
Micromaster

Postby 1337W422102 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:45 am

GetterDragun wrote:Movie cars hold their value and $30,000 is not that much. The FnF Supra went for $100,000 and the original Dukes of Hazard car went for like $10 million a few weeks ago. So yea, you can spend 5 grand or so on an old Camaro and sell it for the same or maybe less, but this one should hold its value.

Easy there, GD! I'm not saying it's NOT worth it, I'm just saying I wouldn't pay that much, that's all.

Now a certain modified DeLorean, a specific modified '50s Cadillac hearse, or a special black '82 Trans Am, those are different stories!
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Ninja Sixshot » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:46 am

i thought BB would still be at $24,300.
Ninja Sixshot
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:56 pm

These auctions have sat still for the past 3 days, and I cant believe that a cardboard/foam cube is going for $10,000 more than a fully functioning car.
Admittedly the cube would be easier to store and maintain than the car, but still...

I expect a flurry now since its almost into the final hour.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Air Commander Starscream » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:08 pm

Motto: ""Decepticons Forever!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
40,000 for Bumblebee.... Seem's a little low. I was expecting a lot more for the car. If only I had a large amount of excess money....if only....
Air Commander Starscream
News Admin
News Credits: 337
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:33 pm

13 more bids for the box than the car...

Bumblebee's Classic Camaro mode ended up going for $40,100.01, so it gained $10,000 in the final hour.

The Allspark cube however sold for $20,100. I could have sworn that only an hour before it ended it was upo around the $40,000 mark, yet the history shows it only ever reaching the $20,000 mark just as the auction ended.

Crazy crazy ebay.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Talon523 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:12 am

i_amtrunks wrote:13 more bids for the box than the car...

Bumblebee's Classic Camaro mode ended up going for $40,100.01, so it gained $10,000 in the final hour.

The Allspark cube however sold for $20,100. I could have sworn that only an hour before it ended it was upo around the $40,000 mark, yet the history shows it only ever reaching the $20,000 mark just as the auction ended.

Crazy crazy ebay.

It was at $40k. I don't know what happened. I checked a few hours before it ended and it was at $30k. Two people must have retracted bids.
Talon523
Minibot

Postby Tybre » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:54 pm

A Camaro for that much? For starters, they're two years off on the year (it's a 75 not a 77) and I could get a 75 for like 21k. (75 Camaros were super mass produced, so they don't have your typical classic car prices as they are easy to come by)
Tybre
Minibot

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220492 14RI (CA) Fortuna"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #31 IDW Comics 2014 (CA) Griffith (W) Barber"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Trimpe 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #4 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 230915N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0124IM322 6D (CA) Canete"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #7 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JAN200705 7B (W) Maggs (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 1RI (CA) Pitre-Durocher 230124"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #34 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Morgan 231010M"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 230915Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2013 5A (CA) Christiansen"
Transformers Prime ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0124IM321 6C (CA) Arocena"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON