This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #240: "Ramping Up"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #240: "Ramping Up"

Postby megatronus » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:50 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
ToyFair 2020 is on the horizon, but as we bide our time plenty of spycraft and whispers have made their way to the latest Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast. Join Scotty P, Cobotron, and Megatronus for reactions to Earthrise leaks, wild Beast Wars movie speculation, a cavalcade of convention options, and all the usual banter you never knew you wanted to hear until you heard it. Brace yourselves, and prepare to be boarded.

Episode #240 “Ramping Up” is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

Here's what we talk about in the episode:
  • Scotty's got Wave 1 Earthrise Micromasters in, and they're the bee's knees. Meaning they have knees.
  • Earthrise leaks give us a full look at Commander Skylynx, Titan Scorponok, rampity ramp bots, and more.
  • Two new Transformers films are reportedly in development, including one on Beast Wars. Cue screeching guitar.
  • Titans Return has, ahem, returned as the next wave of the Transformers Card Game.
  • Another Transformers comics crossover is in the works - this time with My Little Pony. Kneel before your new queen, Twilight Sparkle.
  • Sometimes it's hard to remember how far reaching the Transformers fandom can be - we go into cons big and small, and wish we could go to at least a few.
  • Things conclude as they usually do with a round of bragging rights.

Stay tuned for the next episode when we catch up on the just announced Wonderfest reveals and all the latest from New York Toy Fair 2020!

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #240: "Ramping Up"

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:58 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Pretty good show guys! Although I wish you had waited 2 more days to get those Wonderfest reveals :lol:

Scotty: Ricon was a Hasbro original creation, the RI standing for Rhode Island, and the CON for something else I can't remember. But the name and colors were special for hasbro for an original figure.

Cobs: I agree, micromaster weapon modes are bad except the flyers. They make great swords, and they work as daggers for Combiners!

How did I miss the Black Zarak little dude in selects? I don't remember that. either way, I want a Black Zarak.

Ari: you only need a couple Cyberverse guys, you don't have to go all in, it is hard to go all in on this line anyway. Get some spark armor and some deluxes and ultimate Grimlock.

Movies: don't even listen to Diboneventure. Just don't. Dude reversed what he said 3 times in the course of a week. He is not a good source.

Ari: the little Galvatron and Rodimus with Unicron were updated to their G1 movie models recently, I know we newsed that.

I actually enjoyed the amazing spider man movies.

Watiti should direct a TF film, he has made some great movies that I really love.

Any Beast Wars movie requires Chalk and Kaye, no doubt! And a mo-cap of those 2 and the other voice actors would be perfect, I think that would be awesome!

P.S. the Pirates at worlds end movie was great, I still love it, and Davy Jones was incredible.

Wish I could do this TFcon! I truly enjoyed some time with Ari and Jason, and would love to see more of you! I'm still begging for a TFcon Pittsburgh even though it will never happen.

Cobs: Motorcycle dude looks awesome, we had the same thoughts! I still don't have the Tridasher (waiting in my stack), but I felt good enough to pre-order the biker dude, I love those wheels and that he can surf his bike component. I can't remember, are you getting the red jet dude that can serve as an upgrade for the Triverse guys?

Scotty: just listened to the show where you talked about MTMTE32: It was Tom B. Long who did the mirroring.

TFcon: dealer room is LETHAL. That place is DANGEROUS.

Ari: that is a Neutrona Wand for Ectotron!!! open Prime dammit!!!!!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Flashwave » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Mocromaster is Greaser. Turns into a souped up Ford

I was gonna say and then you shot me down, Ricon's v mode matched up to Tote but the head sculpt is someone else entirely. Who was you other random oddball? I can account for all of them otherwise

I have enjoyed most of the Micromaster weapon modes, although I dont store thrm in that form. For the Firetruck guys, I do it in reverse and use their cannons as snipers and leave the Police Cars folded as yhe gun stock.

I am surprised by how effective Bombshock's heels are, given they are angled down and dont lock into anything. Bombshock and Growl really feel like a culmination of every other trick used so far, even if it is identical to their old toys.
Excited for the Rampmasters but don't get your hopes up too much Scotty, Soundbarrier has the same leg guns, in fact the ramp even has molded guns to either side of the deck and the same angled back half, so I wouldn't expect the others to be any different than the Siege Aimless and Blowpipe were to each other.

Since thisbtook a couple days to listen too, the Hot Rod Pateol came in after you talked about this. I like the vehicle modes for what they are, but mine the feet don't seal up to the car body in alt mode all the way. Robot modes are meh for all the previously stated reasons and the guns are rhe same issues as all the other identical car guys. At least you can sorta fold the shoulder panels forward like gun arms?

G1 Sky Lynx was about 2 Ultras. Maybe current Leaders since those are smaller than before.

So I like everything you guys are saying about the upcoming Beast Wars movie, but I really feel like if you try to do too much of the original movie, your threading. I'm needle. Of being to unoriginal and predictable.

Benedict cumberbach did a full body mocap movement for Smaug in The Hobbit. There is video of him actually crawling around on the ground Dragon style for the part. He could totally do a beast wars Megatron.

If you put Prime Megatron in a Ponies comic its gonna be PONY GUTS EVRYWHERE

I think I had a Transformers Monopoly.

I want to see a Transformers/Agents of Shield crossover if we dare to dream big. There is a lot of material there to work with, such as Side Burn crushing hard on Coulson's flying car

Do I remember you saying the Metroplex TCG Set is dried up and gone, Scotty? I found a shop in Indy with several on shelf and loose cards for sale. I don't have anyone around me playing though

I would agree with Pokemon, Megatronus.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Stargrave » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:25 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Another fun enjoyable episode thanks so much guys. Sometimes you just keep my fire for the hobby burning when I need it. Keep up the great work! ;)^
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby ScottyP » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:14 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Scotty: Ricon was a Hasbro original creation, the RI standing for Rhode Island, and the CON for something else I can't remember. But the name and colors were special for hasbro for an original figure.
Hear me out: it's Rhode Island Convoy and the whole thing is making fun of someone's crappy red blazer with an Autobot sticker in the Hasbro parking lot.

Stargrave wrote:Another fun enjoyable episode thanks so much guys. Sometimes you just keep my fire for the hobby burning when I need it. Keep up the great work! ;)^
Oomf, thanks for this compliment man, means a lot!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:27 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
ScottyP wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Scotty: Ricon was a Hasbro original creation, the RI standing for Rhode Island, and the CON for something else I can't remember. But the name and colors were special for hasbro for an original figure.
Hear me out: it's Rhode Island Convoy and the whole thing is making fun of someone's crappy red blazer with an Autobot sticker in the Hasbro parking lot.

Honestly, I would not doubt that somehow, this might actually be accurate
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Flashwave » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:54 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Honestly, I would not doubt that somehow, this might actually be accurate

From the Wiki:

TFWiki wrote: Ricon's name appears to be derived from the "RI Construction" label on the original Ironworks toy's vehicle mode, itself a reference to Rhode Island, home to Hasbro's headquarters, and apparently is pronounced to rhyme with "icon".

I like Scotty's version better.

But I'm still gonna call him Tote.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ScottyP » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:54 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Flashwave wrote:I like Scotty's version better.

But I'm still gonna call him Tote.
Tote's a van though, not an SUV. Basically Ironhide Jr.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231010L"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM825 (CA) Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #7 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915X"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ONGOING #24 Cvr A IDW Comics 2011 24A (W) Costa (CA) Ramondelli"
Transformers ONGOI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 1C GI JOE 1023IM261 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Z"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #52 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr D Image Comics 2023 0923IM827 (CA) LaRosa"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 5RI 230323"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #1 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1984 (CA) Sienkiewicz 230915X"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #31 IDW Comics 2014 (CA) Griffith (W) Barber"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222C"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238040 (CA) Barry + Spicer"
VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1B GI JOE 1023IM260 (CA) Aja (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr B Imag ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON