This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series DEVASTATOR Review

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.
Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime") that has actually been released.

Transformers Studio Series Devastator Review Showing Off Fully Combined Figure

Postby Bounti76 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:26 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Thanks to regular YouTube reviewer PrimeVsPrime, we have a highly anticipated video review to bring to you today! While we've seen all the Constructicons in individual reviews, and he teased their fully combined form in his review of Overload, we can at long last see Devastator in all his towering, terrifying glory! He does focus on each different part of the combined figure and goes over the articulation and also does some fun size comparisons.

While Mixmaster and Scavenger are the most recent figures to be released (and we've already seen Hightower, Scrapmetal, Rampage and Long Haul), most of us will have to wait a bit longer- Scrapper isn't due for several more weeks, and Overload isn't due to be released until the 4th quarter of this year.

So what do you all think? Are you excited to finally see this figure come to life? Let us know what you think below, and stay tuned to Seibertron for all your Transformers news!
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 379
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Studio Series DEVASTATOR Review

Postby First-Aid » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:31 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I'm a little disappointed in lack of knees, but interestingly enough, the way the legs are designed give the appearance of faux knees. This is a magnificent figure in all. The details are just awesome. The only other complaint is the lack of scaling for potential Skids and Mudflap figures. However, they were pretty small as it was and I wonder if we could see a SS two-pack of those two in the same way the cycles got a three pack.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Bounti76 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:47 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
First-Aid wrote:I'm a little disappointed in lack of knees, but interestingly enough, the way the legs are designed give the appearance of faux knees. This is a magnificent figure in all. The details are just awesome. The only other complaint is the lack of scaling for potential Skids and Mudflap figures. However, they were pretty small as it was and I wonder if we could see a SS two-pack of those two in the same way the cycles got a three pack.

I would almost bet on that. Considering Camaro-Bee's size and the fact that he was at least a head or two taller than Skids and Mudflap, I don't see how they could make them single Deluxes. Also, given his actual size in the movie, Devastator isn't in true scale with anyone- either he'd have to be much bigger, or all other Studio Series figures would have to be a lot smaller.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 379
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby First-Aid » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:55 pm

That's what I figured. Scale is always the enemy of Transformers.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:37 pm

Not to mention they’d have to bump size categories up.... so is this devastator officially a Titan? Do we think he’s sold well enough Hasbro May consider other combiners (individual members) at retail again?
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby First-Aid » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:54 pm

SpikeyTigertron wrote:Not to mention they’d have to bump size categories up.... so is this devastator officially a Titan? Do we think he’s sold well enough Hasbro May consider other combiners (individual members) at retail again?

Considering the SS line is aimed more at collectors, I'm not sure. There is one more combiner in the movie verse, though I'd have no idea how they'd pull THAT one off...

Im not sure what combiners are left. We got all of them recently. I am really craving some new material...I want to see Transtech finally done.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDERCRASH Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
BOULDERCRASH Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHTPROWLER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NIGHTPROWLER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNEOUS Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Infernac Hasbro 2024 New"
MAGNEOUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD ROCKET Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 G2 Deluxe 2022 New"
ROAD ROCKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEVCON Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-44 Deluxe Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DEVCON Transformer ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON