This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara-Tomy to Put Orange Cap On at Factory for US Distribution of MP-05?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Takara-Tomy to Put Orange Cap On at Factory for US Distribution of MP-05?

Postby Air Commander Starscream » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Motto: ""Decepticons Forever!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Ryan has met and spoken with a Distributor from Japan who had a booth at Toy Fair 2007 in New York. They got into a discussion about a whole bunch of different Transformers that have been released from Takara Tomy such as the Kiss Players line. One figure that came up in their discussion was MP-05 Megatron. According to the distributor, Takara-Tomy will be placing the orange caps on themselves at the factory for a special release of MP-05's that are intended to be sold to the U.S. market so they can pass customs (such as BigBadToyStore.com). Now this is just a rumor and as of right now should be taken with a grain of salt as this is the first and only source who has suggested this. Given the number of online retailers that have stated that the version of MP-05 that will be "capped", it makes sense that this would be a change from the factory.

Here are some relevant news to look back at:
Hobby Link Japan to add safety tip
BBTS to Carry Modified MP-05 Megatron

And below is the actual toy laws for the US:

?1150.2 Prohibitions. No person shall manufacture, enter into commerce, ship, transport, or receive any toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm (‘‘device’’) covered by this part as set forth in ?1150.1 of this part unless such device contains, or has affixed to it, one of the markings set forth in ?1150.3 of this part.

?1150.3 Approved markings. The following markings are approved by the Secretary of Commerce: (a) A blaze orange (Federal Standard 595a, February, 1987, color number 12199, issued by the General Services Administration) or orange color brighter than that specified by the federal standard color number, solid plug permanently affixed to the muzzle end of the barrel as an integral part of the entire device and recessed no more than 6 millimeters from the muzzle end of the barrel.

(b) A blaze orange (Federal Standard 595a, February, 1987, color number 12199, issued by the General Services Administration) or orange color brighter than that specified by the Federal Standard color number, marking permanently affixed to the exterior surface of the barrel, covering the circumference of the barrel from the muzzle end for a depth of at least 6 millimeters.
Last edited by Air Commander Starscream on Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Air Commander Starscream
News Admin
News Credits: 337
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:02 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Well it will be a crying shame if that is the case.

Allow me to demonstrate :sad:

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Air Commander Starscream » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:07 pm

And just to clarify by "special US release" that does not mean a Hasbro release like 20th anniversary Prime. The distributor said that it would be the same MP-05 Japanese megatron but with a orange cap so it can go out to places Like HLJ.com for sale in the US.

Take it with salt though people.
Air Commander Starscream
News Admin

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:10 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Air Commander Starscream wrote:And just to clarify by "special US release" that does not mean a Hasbro release like 20th anniversary Prime. The distributor said that it would be the same MP-05 Japanese megatron but with a orange cap so it can go out to places Like HLJ.com for sale in the US.

Take it with salt though people.

:wink: Well put my friend. Yet I still can't help but feel alot of people will enter this discussion in page 7 and ask "OMFG! THEY ARE RELEASING THIS IN THE USA!!!" :P

Either way, I'm salting lunch with it right now.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Redimus » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:16 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Hopefully it'll be one of those: 'it has a cap which you shouldnt take off, no matter how much it spoils it, you shouldnt take it off by simply unscrewing it, no you shouldt, nudge nudge, wink wink'.
Duly Appointed Representative in Chief of the Decpeticon Coprophage Accord.
Second class scavenger.
Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
Redimus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Air Commander Starscream » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:21 pm

Redimus wrote:Hopefully it'll be one of those: 'it has a cap which you shouldnt take off, no matter how much it spoils it, you shouldnt take it off by simply unscrewing it, no you shouldt, nudge nudge, wink wink'.

Like the "Do Not Remove" tags from Mattress's. :lol:
Air Commander Starscream
News Admin

Postby City Commander » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:26 pm

Weapon: Air Rifle
That's awfully thoughtful of them. It may be a crying shame, but paying a lot of money for a tf to be confiscated and destroyed is also a crying shame. Look on the bright side; paint it black!
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Redimus » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:27 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Lord Crump wrote:That's awfully thoughtful of them. It may be a crying shame, but paying a lot of money for a tf to be confiscated and destroyed is also a crying shame. Look on the bright side; paint it black!

Thoughtful, or 'damn, this product is probably gonna sell more overseas than it will here, we better use their laws this time'.
Duly Appointed Representative in Chief of the Decpeticon Coprophage Accord.
Second class scavenger.
Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
Redimus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby Bed Bugs » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:43 pm

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Black Magic
That's what I was thinking Redimus. They probably recognize that the demand will be even higher over here, just like MP Starscream
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Gestalt
News Credits: 349
Alt Mode: A Bed Bug
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:44 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
I'm thinking I'll just buy MP-05 at Botcon. No fuss, no customs issues (others will have dealt with it already), no worry.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Chops13 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:55 pm

well i have two sides to this because i am in law enforcement i feel as a fan it sucks that there has to be a orange cap on 100 dollar megatron masterpiece it is totally going to ruin it but as a police officer i think this the only way we can have this "toy gun" imported in a society that we live in. we have arrested 14 year olds for having 357 magnums and just plain out regular guns so imagine if a kid pulls this out on you a stop how it would make u feel if u have to use deadly physical force i think in all as being in law enforcement this "toy gun" should not be imported at all, but as fan it is great reproduction and will be awesome to have but i do not want to have deal with this at work it would really suck!!!
Chops13
Mini-Con

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:04 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Chops13 wrote:well i have two sides to this because i am in law enforcement i feel as a fan it sucks that there has to be a orange cap on 100 dollar megatron masterpiece it is totally going to ruin it but as a police officer i think this the only way we can have this "toy gun" imported in a society that we live in. we have arrested 14 year olds for having 357 magnums and just plain out regular guns so imagine if a kid pulls this out on you a stop how it would make u feel if u have to use deadly physical force i think in all as being in law enforcement this "toy gun" should not be imported at all, but as fan it is great reproduction and will be awesome to have but i do not want to have deal with this at work it would really suck!!!

With as many as will actually get to the US and the even fewer which might end up in the hands of children, I'd say it's more likely that the kid will have a real gun than MP-05 Megatron.

As for me, I need that MP-05 so I can have an even bigger gun against my head.

Stop looking for a punchline, there isn't one!
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Starscream » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:06 pm

I am praying Fan to Fan makes it through customs!(~()()~!
Starscream
Targetmaster
News Credits: 16
Watch Starscream on YouTube
Buy from Starscream on eBay
Endurance: 4

Postby Chops13 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:10 pm

unfortunately your right it is easier for kids to get a real gun bit what i am saying if that one kid gets a hold of this "toy gun" it is just one more stupid thing we can avoid from happening. there has to be an easier way to solve this situation then messing up a one hundred dollar toy !!
Chops13
Mini-Con

Postby Autobobby1 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:07 pm

Weapon: Gattling Gun
I don't care. It's still Megatron. And of course, it could be much...much worse.
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
Autobobby1
Godmaster
News Credits: 2
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10

Postby HitsugiKun » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:18 pm

omg its not g1 if they change one thing its not g1 thats how most of the g1 fans act. Well heres gow u fix the tip saw it off and then use touch up paint.
HitsugiKun

Postby CynicalFailure » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:40 pm

Either way, i'm still getting it! It's one of the best representations of Megs ever!! The tip can always be painted or like someone else suggested, simply cut off.
CynicalFailure
Mini-Con

Postby metalformer » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:03 pm

Motto: ""Life is an Eternal War for Survival!""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I personally don't mind this. I have no intention of waving this in front of nobody because that is not my nature. Even if the cap is put by a third party I wouldn't mind either as I would have the toy opened anyway because if I shell out that much $$$ I MUST have the satisfaction of "playing" (i.e. transforming) it. Otherwise I would rather stare at pics on the PC.

But if this is going to be such a hassle, there should be an alternative, like a BinalTech-fashioned tank with plenty of details or a smaller but insanelly detailed released with plenty of stuff like must anime mecha kits. I will be conformed with everything that do NOT look like Live Megatron.
metalformer
Minibot
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Courage: 4

Postby Stormrider » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:16 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Hot_Rod wrote:So Takara does think about potential worldwide sales. As in all of life, you do what ever you can to help yourself make a buck and a living.

Ah... you are starting to understand Japanese business logic at its core.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Stormrider » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:20 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Down_Shift wrote:Well it will be a crying shame if that is the case.

Allow me to demonstrate :sad:

I'm glad to be living in Japan.

If this turns out to be true, how will Takara determine which places get an orange cap? Will the retailers have a choice to choose? There are some Japanese retailers and Canadian retailers that sell to the U.S.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby i_amtrunks » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:27 pm

I understand the thinking of adding the orange cap to the barrel tip, as Im sure that there are people in the States who could confuse a huge, oversized hand pistol as the real deal.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:29 pm

Oh, man, I think Ebay is about to become my new best friend.

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby kary » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:25 pm

Another reason why I'm happy not to be American. I'll make sure my version is uncapped. You suck USA.
kary

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATTRAP Transformers Beast Machines Mega Class complete Hasbro 2001 230325A"
RATTRAP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 MAR210486 4B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of GRIMLOCK #1 IDW Comics 2022 AUG221573 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JAN210500 2RI 220427"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSMETAL 2 MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Dragon complete 1999 230711A"
TRANSMETAL 2 MEGAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Construct-Bots MEGATRON Elite Class Transformers E1:05 G1 Hasbro New 2013"
Construct-Bots MEG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210588 3RI (CA) Milne"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Nendoroid G1 Super-Deformed Sentinel Hasbro 2022 New"
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G2 DECEPTICON MADNESS Flip 'n' Fun Activity Pad 1993 210713A"
Transformers G2 DE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers UNICRON #6 Cvr B 1st Printing IDW Comic 2018 AUG180713 6B (CA) Raiz"
Transformers UNICR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MANTA RAY Transformers Beast Wars McDonalds Happy Meal Fast Food Premium 230609A"
MANTA RAY Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SWERVE Transformers G1 Mini-bot Legion vtg reissue Walmart 2020 New 230811A"
SWERVE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Oversized SWINDLE guns Transformers G1 KO (Korean Destronger?) unknown 200118A"
Oversized SWINDLE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON