This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Collaborative: Transformers x Back to the Future DeLorean Teased

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Collaborative: Transformers x Back to the Future DeLorean Teased

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:39 am

I think scaling is what keeps a true TF/Joe. crossover from happening. The Joes and TFs are in such different size classes that either the Joe component would be minuscule or the TF component would be either too large or too small.

But maybe with GiJoe so dormant a focus on vehicles in the crossover line would make sense.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Re: Transformers Collaborative: Transformers x Back to the Future DeLorean Teased

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:36 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Yeah, has there ever been a TF toy that had a functional cockpit built to hold a 3.75" human figure?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Cobotron » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:08 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Sabrblade wrote:Yeah, has there ever been a TF toy that had a functional cockpit built to hold a 3.75" human figure?
Not that I can recall. There were some decent Robotech toys in the 80's. And a Voltron. If this were the 80's, it might be budgetarily possible but, not with the cost of things now.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:34 am

For the record that Voltron sucks. I liked it as a little kid, but there isn't much to it. You can't compare it to a TF at all. It combined, but it doesn't transform at all. Legs just fold up and don't move beyond the shoulder.

If the Joe crossover figure was just a one-off thing I think it'd be fine. Like the SDCC vehicles that focused on the Joe component these could focus on the TF part and do that really well.

Which is what most GiJoe crossover figures tend to do anyway.
Last edited by Gauntlet101010 on Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby blackeyedprime » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:53 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Cobotron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Yeah, has there ever been a TF toy that had a functional cockpit built to hold a 3.75" human figure?
Not that I can recall. There were some decent Robotech toys in the 80's. And a Voltron. If this were the 80's, it might be budgetarily possible but, not with the cost of things now.

90's Exosquad had 3" figures and one or two of the later release exoframes transformed (still one of the best toy lines ever too, sorry transformers). TMNT (unsurpisingly) with the lines both being playmates, gave the larger turtles figures some non transforming exoframes though even if playmates hadn't have done exosquad toys they must have used every idea going anyways for the tmnt figures and then some.

90's Johnny quest had some (minor transformation) transforming vehicles too but they weren't over complicated (galoob, cant remember figure size), excellent toon too.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:18 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
You know, a reveal of the Time Train would be very fitting right now.

Considering that this thread has gone a tad off the rails ;) :P

...I'll see myself out.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:01 am

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
I'd love Knight Rider. It would provide a not-small number of choices for vehicles. Not only is there KITT and KARR, there's also the Rook, the tractor-trailer KITT would drive into. There's also Goliath, and a pair of drone cars from the season-three premiere 'Knight of the Drones'.

I own the series in a boxed set, still love it. :michaelbay:
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 4

Postby LunarBolt1984 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:12 am

Motto: ""Good music, good times, and good toys are rights of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I was humming and hahing about his one and I decided to sit this one out. It looked too sideswipe for me. Plus, the windshield was way too messy for me, and it looked like Hasbo took a random crformer from SEIGE, said; "That'll work, I guess.", then proceeded to jam a DeLorean, and a new headscuplt on it. Hasbro mad a new box, new crossover, and called it a day.

However, I might pick up the next release of it when that shows up online or up here in Canada. If it's a reasonable price, I'll pick it up because I'm both a huge BTTF and TF fan. (Plus, we'll probably only get one shot at a decent crossover like this anyway)
"When life gives you friends, make them minions."
LunarBolt1984
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Cassette Deck
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: ???

Back to the Future x Transformers Crossover Figure Gigawatt To Be Sold In Australia and New Zealand

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:57 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! For all those fans who live in Australia and New Zealand, we've got some great news for you if you wanted to get your hands on the forthcoming Back to the Future x Transformers crossover figure, Gigawatt!

Ozformers reports that thd figure has been picked up and will be distributed by several speciality stores (The last crossover figure, Ectotron, was distributed by EB Games and Zing in Australia). The names of the stores that will be carrying Gigawatt are still to be announced. The figure will be on sale in October, same time as the non-limited edition version in the USA.

Will you be getting this figure? Are you still holding out for the time train? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:29 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Nice looking robot and the vehicle is accurate. However, OOF on that windshield. This bot seriously need the Reprolabels treatment.

BTW, will this be a E.B Games exclusive like Ectotron in Canada?
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:34 am

How would an out-of-place cel-shaded windshield improve the situation? I think that'd be more of a lateral move :P
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:47 pm

It's that simple."
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:How would an out-of-place cel-shaded windshield improve the situation? I think that'd be more of a lateral move :P

I don't think Repros will make a cartoon cel-shaded sticker for a non-cartoon toy. Like, come on.
If the windshield part can be dismantled and reassembled easily, then a sticker that will give the car tinted windows will do the perfect trick.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:44 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:How would an out-of-place cel-shaded windshield improve the situation? I think that'd be more of a lateral move :P

I don't think Repros will make a cartoon cel-shaded sticker for a non-cartoon toy. Like, come on.
I dunno, they did them for a couple Studio Series toys... And for WFC toys even when they're out of place because of detail or basis... And it feels like they prioritize them over more useful things sometimes...
-Kanrabat- wrote:If the windshield part can be dismantled and reassembled easily, then a sticker that will give the car tinted windows will do the perfect trick.
Sadly, I think that's a pipe dream. Same for transparent stickers that tint the glazing from outside.... I think the best that can be hoped for is black stickers, slightly shaded to try and look like real tinted windows.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:05 pm

It's that simple."
Dark transparent tinted stickers would do the trick even if applied over the windows. Because that "ice cube rack" behind that windshield is the most unsightly thing I ever saw on a transformers car.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:24 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:Dark transparent tinted stickers would do the trick even if applied over the windows. Because that "ice cube rack" behind that windshield is the most unsightly thing I ever saw on a transformers car.
Oh, they totally would. I'm just saying that hoping for them from Reprolabels is a pipe dream. At best what they'll do is opaque stickers trying to look like tinted glass.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:41 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
I fully admit that I haven't seen any of the movies straight through but wasn't the windshield reinforced on the DeLorean?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:04 pm

It's that simple."
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I fully admit that I haven't seen any of the movies straight through but wasn't the windshield reinforced on the DeLorean?

Maybe but even in the MadMax world, they will not go that far.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:29 pm

I don't think the DeLorean had a reinforced windshield. Doc used a DeLorean because of it's stainless steel construction.

I agree that i wish they had tinted the windows. I don't know if I'd get a Reprolabel to do it, though. Maybe.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Burn » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:07 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I fully admit that I haven't seen any of the movies straight through

da fuq? Image
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:37 am

Gauntlet101010 wrote:I don't think the DeLorean had a reinforced windshield. Doc used a DeLorean because of it's stainless steel construction.

I agree that i wish they had tinted the windows. I don't know if I'd get a Reprolabel to do it, though. Maybe.

I'm not sure if I was clear but I meant the windshield was reinforced after the modifications.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:39 am

Burn wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I fully admit that I haven't seen any of the movies straight through

da fuq? Image

Should I mention that I got the complete boxset, a few months ago that also has the cartoon.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Burn » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:55 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Burn wrote:

da fuq? Image

Should I mention that I got the complete boxset, a few months ago that also has the cartoon.

Did you happen to also get a shovel to help dig that whole you're digging there? Image
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby blackeyedprime » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:16 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Attachments
mav balls.png
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Firepower: 2

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:25 am

Maverick is up for pre-order on Hasbro Pulse too, due in October for $49.99.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transf ... rick-robot
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:38 am

Well ... the plane mode is done really well. But I have to admit the robot seems kind of bland. Those shoulders bother me.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926P"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #26 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210584 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231222V"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUL210496 8A (CA) Griffith"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP210478 10A (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #34 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Morgan 231010L"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Legends & Rumors 100-Page Giant IDW Comics 2021 231222D"
TRANSFORMERS '84 L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #3 IDW Comics 2015 201208A (CA) Tramontano"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of OPTIMUS PRIME #1 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210461 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #32 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 APR210678 32A (CA) Schoening (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #32 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON