This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #286 "They Might Be Giants"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #286 "They Might Be Giants"

Postby ScottyP » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:38 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Back for the 285th time, the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast is here with episode #286 in the final stretch of an assured... Victory! Scotty P and Mr. Starscream catch up on Haslab Victory Saber one final time then proceed to disagree on everything else the rest of the night.

Episode #286 “They Might Be Giants” is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio and many other Podcatcher sites within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

Here's what we discuss in this episode:

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on Apple Podcasts or on your favorite podcatcher. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #286 "They Might Be Giants"

Postby First-Aid » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:17 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
particle man....particle man...doin the things a particle can...
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Flashwave » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:14 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I meant to stick this in an Ask the Twincast and I never got to ot. This is the last show for it, but when we saw photos of this, Lio is clearly less than a head shorter than Magnus and CHONKY. Star Saber is taller. But the creator flat says (or it says in rhe captions at least) that this was supposed to be a Voyager and a Leader. Is that Perspective again or what?

Whoo! Victory Saber is fully funded! He is getting his Shield, his BFG, and two Micromasters that can combine into ANOTHER BFG.

And a Flight Stand. That I will use. Maybe.

Shouki: you shoulda called me, Scotty!

Based on what I am seeing, Shouki looks close to HO Scale 1:87. The train mode should be roughly the same width as G1 Aatrotrain if I am right. Which is REALLY wierd given how broad he is in robot mode. ​the track threw me, it looked like a section of base track from Kato or Atlas, but its not. As to compatibility, I am not sure the wheels are to actual gauge; I would not be shocked if it only adheres to overall dimensions due to how things have to split for the transformation, (see every Astrotrain ever) and the wheels are narrow guage. Then again, the fact that they MADE track means the trainbots will all adhere to SOME Standard.

I'm gonna have to get this; I wouldnt live with myself if I didn't but I am not in love with that price point. At all. I really was hoping this would be more in the "high quality Generations bordering on Masterpiece" category than "Masterpiece but how many corners can we get away with trimming". The shell of thr bot mode looks more or less fine for what it is, and rhe transformation to get such a broad robot out of a long narrow stick is probably impressive, but some of the bot mode shots make it look like the entire back of the robot is super busy and full of the struts and slides needed to move the parts around and I dont want a robot ahaped pile of pistons and pulleys. Maybe what I am seeinf is just the Raiden kibble hanging out but it doesnt make me warm and fuzzy.

And the point IS valid that this is the first time we have taken a swing at Raiden since Diaclone, but for a fraction of the price Generations gave us a Devastator that other than the gauntlets and some armor pieces integrated VERY WELL. We dont know what the others will look like yet, but Shouki does not feel Masterpiecey to me and he only barely feels worth the price, and thats more "I will pay this because I want the official team" than actual worth.

A standard section of HO track with metal rails is roughly $4.50 at msrp retail, probably as low as $3 "street price".

No, This new Metroplex does look like his cartoon alt mode. His cartoon alt node just turns into a... Thing.

This was not made for me. The splitting weapon is a nice touch, but the giant wing handle things in alt mode look wierd and otherwise its just an identical bigger version of a figure I have and don't actively display as is. Of the figures I would want to see redone from CYB this was NOT one of them. It doesnt do anything new or exciting. It is just a thing that is. But of people are clamoring for this then good for them. I just hope this doesnt sink the Titan Class

Stands are not my thing but these levitating standa are kinda cool. Missed opportunity though to dress one up as a MARB or MAAB or some other flying platform. My question is why repaint a Magnus into a Prime when we have several primes including one thats a part of that mold set? And then not include the armor? I could see him looking pretty boss in grey Magnus Armor.

I don't get the hate for Terrorsaur. The mold isnt super great but I like it. My only change would have been fake wings on the shoulders and maybe a way to fold the beast wimgs onto his back more fully (like doubledealer's) for a closer to accurate bot mode but of we never get another terrorsaur I am happy with this one.

Fractyl?

I like Tigatron. I think in lieu of a Rampage figure in this universe he will fill that niche.

I like what Jackpot does, although I might swap Sights for the Arms Micron bird guy, but I dont like the yellow sides of the fenders. Too garish

Puffer and Ranger are my least faves, but I am down for Autobot army filler dudes.

You what I want to see now? Lets go off the wall and do the Silverbolt colored Seeker. No reason at all for it.
I am 2/2 on the Kingdom Tracks mold now with Road Rage. No leg issyes, pins all seem flush, they stand up. However my Rage has a crack in the blue shoulder socket that lets the arm come off if I try to swing the assembly out from under the car. Part of me thinks I might have done that? i had a few issues getting her out of the packaging and fear I may have popped that joint. Not sure if I can fix that or not. Its a small crack and the arm mostly holds. C'mon Loudpedal
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ScottyP » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:43 am

Flashwave wrote:Shouki: you shoulda called me, Scotty!
Funny you mention that, because if work hadn't been so mind-crushingly busy for me last week I would have started hitting up all my "super duper occasional guest spot" contacts :lol: Just happened that Mr. Starscream got freed up at the last minute and we knocked this one out. Anyhow, good stuff on the train info and now that you mention the Silverbolt colored seeker, totally agree on that.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Deliverence » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:14 am

So, after the auction is over, for the love of god please tell us what it is! This has been driving me crazy since I listened to this episode last week!
Deliverence
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Buy from Deliverence on eBay
Alt Mode: Something useless
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Courage: 1
Firepower: 8
Skill: 1

Postby ScottyP » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:33 am

Deliverence wrote:So, after the auction is over, for the love of god please tell us what it is! This has been driving me crazy since I listened to this episode last week!
Pre-production samples of G2 Black Starscream and Ramjet
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIFFJUMPER Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +05 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
CLIFFJUMPER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Studio Series 82 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RATCHET Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON