This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today!

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today!

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:05 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Just like to keep the community here on its collective toes and remind you all that Megatron Origins #2 comes out today. I just picked it up at my local shop, but have not had a chance to sit down with it yet.

So consider this, a kinder, gentler wakeup to remind you to get this ever important piece of transformers history explained!

And make sure you check the Seibertron Comic Book News Section for all of the most recent releases and information about IDW's fantastic fiction!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby NebulanFree » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:22 am

Issue two has gotta be better than issue one...
-NebulanFree
NebulanFree
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby UltraPrimal » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:36 am

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
I'm waiting for the TPB. They are going to bundle this all into one book at the end right? And is it called a Trade Paper Back or a Graphic Novel? Or are they totally different. I'm still kind of new to the comic aspect of TF.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:37 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Still havent found issue 1. Maybe ill just wait and order the TPB when it comes out.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby Prime Evil » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:40 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I'm hoping that the artwork won't be so cluttered this time around.
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Blozor » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:01 pm

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
Artwork: Cluttered.

Better than Issue One.

Soundwave makes his debut, as well as the Constructicons.

Lots of Autobot cameos.

Spoiler: Megatron kicks ass.
Blozor
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby Moonbase2 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:36 pm

I literally just read the Kup Spotlight and then I see that! Funny. It was pretty entertaining, too. I just got my Megatron Origin #1 today, so I'll probably head back to the shop this week to get #2. I haven't read #1 yet.
Moonbase2
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby waaaaghlord » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:30 pm

UltraPrimal wrote:I'm waiting for the TPB. They are going to bundle this all into one book at the end right? And is it called a Trade Paper Back or a Graphic Novel? Or are they totally different. I'm still kind of new to the comic aspect of TF.

Technically it's a trade paperback if it collects issues that have previously been available in individual comic form and a graphic novel if it's a new story that sees it's first printing in book form. For example with the Authority books from Wildstorm 'Human on the Inside' is a graphic novel (or OGN for original graphic novel) but all of the other books are TPBs. The two terms are often considered to be fairly interchangable though.

As an aside the term trade paperback is also used to describe the larger format editions of paperback novels (around the same size as club edition hardbacks usually) that either come out between the hardback and mass market paperback (MMPB) or ahead of the MMPB in the case of books that don't see a hardback edition like KJ Anderson's Saga of Seven Suns.
waaaaghlord
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:32 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Oh, it's good, it's real good, even if the art is a little cluttered...

I echo what Blozor said...infinitely better than the first.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby Leonardo » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:54 pm

Blozor wrote:Better than Issue One.

Does that mean it's good?
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Liege Evilmus » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:44 pm

UltraPrimal wrote:I'm waiting for the TPB. They are going to bundle this all into one book at the end right? And is it called a Trade Paper Back or a Graphic Novel? Or are they totally different. I'm still kind of new to the comic aspect of TF.

I think it's just TPB now. and I'm waiting for that too. I'm just getting back into comics, but truth be told, I don't have time for chasing back issues, so for me it's TPB, or most likely nothing.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:59 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Liege Evilmus wrote:

I think it's just TPB now. and I'm waiting for that too. I'm just getting back into comics, but truth be told, I don't have time for chasing back issues, so for me it's TPB, or most likely nothing.

Same here for me. Worst part is when you don't get the trade right away and it sells out; it's still a comic so it appreciates in value. I almost had to pay something like $95 for the TPB of War Within Vol. 1.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:40 pm

Will be making a visit to the comic store near my work sometime today or tomorrow.

I like Origin #1, so if Origin #2 is better, I'm very much looking forward to it!
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Moonbase2 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:03 am

chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:

Same here for me. Worst part is when you don't get the trade right away and it sells out; it's still a comic so it appreciates in value. I almost had to pay something like $95 for the TPB of War Within Vol. 1.

Are you serious? I got it for no trouble and I got to use my military discount on top of another discount. Was yours some kind of special edition or something?
Moonbase2
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby zodconvoy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:13 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Blozor wrote:Artwork: Cluttered.

Better than Issue One.

Soundwave makes his debut, as well as the Constructicons.

Lots of Autobot cameos.

Spoiler: Megatron kicks ass.

Oh and Sunstreakers in the middle of page 4 at the Arena cheering for Megatron to kill Cykill (who, if I remember correctly, he let live in the Dreamwave Gladitorial Games)
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby DSanza » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:20 pm

Better than the first issue. Of course, I like anything that Soundwave plays a part in. I can't wait to see who he is working for, or how he transfers his loyalty to Megatron.

My favorite part was the pit fight against Cy-Kill. I laughed when I realized who he was and that he was about to get a beating.

I wonder what finally pushes Megatron over the edge. Being a psychopathic pit fighter just doesn't seem to give him enough reason or credibility to attack the Autobots and claim leadership of the Decepticons.
DSanza
Micromaster

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:14 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Moonbase2 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:

Are you serious? I got it for no trouble and I got to use my military discount on top of another discount. Was yours some kind of special edition or something?

Well keep in mind that I went for it well after it was released. I also got it online.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Faceful of Kitchen » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:51 pm

i got it earlier today. as with the first issue, i love the story (especially the hints that the decepticons may have rebelled because of a corrupt government), but this series contains the worst art i've seen in a tf comic this side of micromasters. it's so cluttered that half the time you can't tell who's who or what's going on in the picture.
Faceful of Kitchen
Minibot

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:13 pm

Grabbed it at lunch.

Read about half of it, the story looks good, the characters (the ones who you can tell who they are) that are used are good choices. Im thinking the inevitable Prime vs. Megatron battle may be short and sweet.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A 0124IM238 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 0723IM408 4C (CA) Park (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr A Bitterness Image Comics 2023 1023IM898 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A 1223IM259 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220460 2B (CA) Lattie"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM464 6A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C 0124IM240 (CA) Burnham"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM282 303B (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0124IM330 7E (CA) Walta (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0224IM320 8A (A/CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238041 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B 0224IM256 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C GI JOE 1223IM273 (CA) Boss + Wordie"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr C 1:10 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON