This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action!

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action!

Postby Skowl » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:22 pm

Hot on the heels of the San Diego Comic-Con's unveiling of new movie figures, Classics, and "Animated" series toys, is more news pertaining to the next series of Transformers. Shown at the Hasbro panel was a video clip showcasing the new "Transformers Animated", the clip includes transformation sequences, voice clips from the characters as well as a glimpse of many characters from the show, including Arcee and the Dinobots!

See the video clip on Enewsi.com by clicking here

And view all the photos of the toys from the new "Animated" series, as well as new Transformers Movie figures and the return of the Classics line by clicking here
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby DoubleOScorpio » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:29 pm

I was a bit skeptical at first, but that looks pretty good. I've learned from my mistakes with the movie...reserve judgment until I see it in action.

I loved the g1 references - Starscream's voice, the dinos, Arcee.

Can't wait to see the toys. I just hope that they can be displayed with the classics line toys without a glaring difference.
DoubleOScorpio
Vehicon

Postby OptimusShr » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:32 pm

I'm digging it. Tom Kenny has a good Starscream and the rest of the cast sounds good as well. I have hope.
OptimusShr
Fuzor

Postby Wheeljack35 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:35 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G1 GRIMLOCK AND ARCEE

I was going to say something on how this looks very anime with the backgrounds but after seeing Grimlock I have to see this
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Spazicon » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Oh hell yes. That looked awesome. They are really taking this in the right direction. Starscream's voice is eerily close to his original Voice Actor's.

wildscorpio67 wrote:I was a bit skeptical at first, but that looks pretty good. I've learned from my mistakes with the movie...reserve judgment until I see it in action.

I loved the g1 references - Starscream's voice, the dinos, Arcee.

Can't wait to see the toys. I just hope that they can be displayed with the classics line toys without a glaring difference.

Too bad everyone isnt as wise, as you. Reserving judgment on something that has yet to be seen is something the wise practice.

And I must say, I am surprised at how good that looked.
Spazicon
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Watch Spazicon on YouTube
Buy from Spazicon on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Air Commander Starscream » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:37 pm

Motto: ""Decepticons Forever!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
wildscorpio67 wrote:I was a bit skeptical at first, but that looks pretty good. I've learned from my mistakes with the movie...reserve judgment until I see it in action.

Im feeling the same way as you. When I first saw the leaked movie designs I was thinking WTF have they done, but after seeing the 2 minute trailer I was blown out of the water. Ive seen the movie 5 times I like it so much.

Same thing for the show, I heard it was going to be animation ala samurai jack. I was thinking this is the most terrible thing they could have done, why couldnt they have sticked to CGI like Cybertron. But this show looks great and I am sure I will be a big fan of it. I'm already a fan of the figures.
Air Commander Starscream
News Admin
News Credits: 337
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Bouncy X » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:39 pm

why did they have to throw a kid in there? i thought that was just a japanese thing? i mean a young adult along the lines of spike would be fine but a **** kid and a transforming triclye? please..lol

the rest looked fine though...nice to see actual cel animation again...that cgi stuff in the last series was craptacular
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby Cybertron Optimus » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:42 pm

That was awesome.
Cybertron Optimus
Vehicon

Postby Crystal Rodimus » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:43 pm

Tom Kenny definitely nails Starscream - about as close as anyone could've hoped.

Designs look far better in motion than expected - I have hope. :)
Crystal Rodimus
Micromaster

Postby Steeleye » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:43 pm

Two words "Sucks noodles".
Steeleye
Mini-Con

Postby Chaoslock » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:45 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Not bad. Must see an episode before giving it A+.

I have a question: After the scenes with Arcee, and then Ironhide, but before the little kid, there's a short scene with a transformer flying in space besides a spacecraft. Who is he?
(I think it must be Galvatron, since he got a cannon on his arm, but doesn't look like the Megatron design)
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby what0080 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:46 pm

Pros:
G1 Arcee, Dinobots, Starscream (Go Tom Kenny!), Megatron, toys

(Decepti)Cons:
EVERYTHING ELSE!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to hurl...
what0080
Micromaster

Postby PaperBird » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:47 pm

copied form the other thread

My little doubts are now basically gone.

That was sooo awesome!!

I liked how everyone cheered for the Dinobots and Starscream (who I think Tom Kenny is doing a great job portraying from that clip). I'm interested to see how the little girl is going to fit in with all of this. The toys look decent too.

Overall, I am very excited for this series!
PaperBird
Micromaster

Postby Kryptoniteking » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:48 pm

:shock: That really sucked. I think the toys suck as well. They won't be added to my collection.
Kryptoniteking
Mini-Con

Postby Prowl76 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:53 pm

Motto: "Can't live by logical thinking alone."
Weapon: Wind Funnel Producing Laser
Looks cool to me.
Prowl76
Godmaster
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Sephron1335 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:56 pm

I'm even more excited now! Like a lot (seems like more and more every day), I was very skeptical, even disappointed at first. However, after more pics, reading interviews and seeing all of this today, I'm officially excited!! Tom Kenny was an odd choice, but wow, he just nailed that slithery, backstabbing voice that all of us hear in our heads when we think of Starscream. The toys look so much like their cartoon counterparts; very cool! It definitely looks cool. Now, we just need to see a few episodes to see what the stories are going to be like. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I have a feeling there are going to be several very surprised people and this is going to be a pretty good show!
Sephron1335
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby Airhawk » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:58 pm

Motto: "A Battle without honor is no battle at all"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Hmm its a bit 50-50 with me

The overall quality of the animation looks pretty top notch, and more fluid than anything thats been thrown out for transformers so far and most of the voice work sounds pretty good. (Will have to hear more of Prime, but the one line he speaks makes him sound a bit, odd)

My only real gripe is I'm still not liking the designs at all, I've never liked the TT/Batman anime copycat style of art though, but I'll still give the show a look when it comes out.
Airhawk
Minibot
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby Galaxy_Convoy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:58 pm

I am truly speechless. All I feel is joy and completion everytime I look at that video clip... :x
Galaxy_Convoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Postby Creature SH » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:00 pm

*taste taste* hhhmmmmm, polarizing !

It's still really difficult to judge.

I like all the returning elements of and little nods to the previous incarnations. The animation looks rather fluid. The themesong is probably the best official version on TV since G1 season 3.

I dislike the anime influences in the style, which are the most obvious on the human, who could turn out to be annoying. (at least it's just one kid this time). Bulkhead was seen in a classical stock footage transformation, which is always something that hurts the flow of Transformers shows greatly. A mouth on Prime just bugs me, and I didn't really care for the voice coming out of it.

I still think that this show could be good... A guilty pleasure at worst. I think the option of it being entirely unwatchable can be ruled out by now.
Creature SH
Targetmaster

Postby Craven Knight » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:03 pm

I was getting hopefull once it started and thinking "this might just be an okay show"... and then I saw the little girl sidekick with the jetpack.

This'll suck... but I'll probably still watch.
Craven Knight
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Skowl » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:04 pm

When will they stop ruining Prime with those awful lips?! :sad:
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby TheKindleman » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:07 pm

I guess I can watch if Grimlock and Slag are in it. No seriously, no that bad. Its Teen Titans meets Transformers
TheKindleman
Mini-Con

Postby RatchetMD » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:08 pm

Craven Knight wrote:I was getting hopefull once it started and thinking "this might just be an okay show"... and then I saw the little girl sidekick with the jetpack.

Yeah that little girl just doesn't work for me. Overall the clip was decent and I'm looking forward to seeing the cartoon.
RatchetMD
Minibot

Postby Neko » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:09 pm

RatchetMD wrote:
Craven Knight wrote:I was getting hopefull once it started and thinking "this might just be an okay show"... and then I saw the little girl sidekick with the jetpack.

Yeah that little girl just doesn't work for me. Overall the clip was decent and I'm looking forward to seeing the cartoon.

Ditto.

I *Heart* Bumblebee. :grin:
Neko
Brainmaster
News Credits: 20

Postby Tiemar » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:10 pm

Aside from Bumblebee's voice, I like this. Hopefully that little brat doesn't take the spotlight from the Transformers.
O~, if you're a lurker and you know it clap your hands! *clap clap*
Tiemar
Mini-Con

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #16 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 NOV220221 16B (CA) Keane"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #346 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM387 346B (CA) Ngu (W) McConville"
SPAWN #346 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #21 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JUN230350 21A (CA) Mele (W) Lewis (A) Soy"
SCORCHED #21 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr F DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223273 1F (CA) Campbell"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #344 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 MAY230283 344C (W) McConville (CA) Williams"
SPAWN #344 Cvr C I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #350 Cvr D Image Comics 2024 1123IM226 350D (CA) Booth"
SPAWN #350 Cvr D I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #31 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM299 31A (CA) Fernandez (W)McFarlane"
NEW!
KING SPAWN #31 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #20 Cvr C virgin Image Comics 2023 MAY230276 20C (CA) Williams"
SCORCHED #20 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #266 Cvr B Retro Trade Image Comics MAR230179 266B (CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #266 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #8 DF sketch Image Comics 2023 MAY221411 (CA) Haeser 230926Z"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #9 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 APR220193 9A (CA) Revolver"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #1 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 OCT210017 1C Spawn (CA) Capullo (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #1 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #331 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 APR220241 331B (W) McConville (A/CA) Barberi"
SPAWN #331 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #352 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM314 352A (CA) Barberi (W) McConville"
NEW!
SPAWN #352 Cvr A I ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON