This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week?

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:07 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
We've been reporting on the status of the release of Steve Jablonsky's musical score for the Transformers Movie for some time now. Over the weekend it was reported that plans for the release of the musical score were in the works. It appears that it will be coming out sooner than any of us thought, as this week's Diamond Comics shipping lists mention a "TRANSFORMERS OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK CD" as among the products being released this week. This could simply be a rerelease of the Animated Movie score or the earlier live action CD Soundtrack release, but it could be confirmation of the planned release of the musical score. We're not sure, but be sure to keep your eyes open when passing by your local music store.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Versa » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:34 pm

Doesn't make sense. First the CD company said there was no immediate plans to release this, now all of the sudden word is that it might be coming out this week. Why not announce it to anyone if the whole idea behind a product is to sell it?!

psst... we're releasing thousands of CDs of this soundtrack tomorrow.... BUT DON'T TELL ANYONE! I dunno if this is the score or not. I dunno why they'd be so dumb not to announce it. I guess I'll believe it when I see it. I hope that I'm wrong and that I walk out the store with a copy in hand, but I'm thinking this isn't the score just yet.
VERSA
Versa
Fuzor

Postby Rocky87 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:56 pm

*crosses fingers*'

Here's hopin'.
Rocky87
Mini-Con

Postby Hotrod » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:59 pm

Versa wrote:Doesn't make sense. First the CD company said there was no immediate plans to release this, now all of the sudden word is that it might be coming out this week. Why not announce it to anyone if the whole idea behind a product is to sell it?!

psst... we're releasing thousands of CDs of this soundtrack tomorrow.... BUT DON'T TELL ANYONE! I dunno if this is the score or not. I dunno why they'd be so dumb not to announce it. I guess I'll believe it when I see it. I hope that I'm wrong and that I walk out the store with a copy in hand, but I'm thinking this isn't the score just yet.

Well I believe sources this weekend said it was actually coming soon. I know Bay wanted it released.

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=11273&f_start=20
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby SnipeShade » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:03 pm

Versa wrote:Doesn't make sense. First the CD company said there was no immediate plans to release this, now all of the sudden word is that it might be coming out this week. Why not announce it to anyone if the whole idea behind a product is to sell it?!

I agree with ya. Whats with the whole go around if they were planning to release it by next week. : ( If its true. They're stupid for doing that. But nonetheless, I hope I'll see it that soon and cross my fingers.
SnipeShade
Combiner

Postby Hotrod » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:21 pm

SnipeShade wrote:

I agree with ya. Whats with the whole go around if they were planning to release it by next week. : ( If its true. They're stupid for doing that. But nonetheless, I hope I'll see it that soon and cross my fingers.

Let's be completely honest, what percentage of the buying public pays attention to movie soundtracks for the most part, inparticular movie scores? This may not be it, but when it is released do not expect a huge announcement outside the TF sites.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:30 pm

See Bitching can change the world, I'm getting a flat screen this weekend, so I'll look into this when I pick it up.

TV TF Marathon at Evilmus' this weekend, BYOB!

Also, that was real fast for a greenlight release of someting that wasn't going to happen. It makes me wonder if all this was a ploy to generate sales?

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby ErrantTransformation » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:32 pm

All these twists and turns are starting to make no sense. Though I hope that they do indeed release the soundtrack as soon as possible, it seems odd that they haven't released any official info.
ErrantTransformation
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby D-340 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:20 pm

:PRAY: Let's hope that this is the Score to the movie. I want it sooooo bad.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby dabattousai » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:26 pm

I hope it is, I want that Church Music song played during the arrival of the other Autobots :D
dabattousai
Combiner

Postby i_amtrunks » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:37 pm

I would be very very surprised if it was the score soundtrack.
Since the movie is still doing well in the cinemas, Sony would certainly give it some kind of press release.

More than likely it is the normal SOundtrack, or even the re-released OST from the animated movie.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby bossmonkey74 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:24 pm

Ok I did some looking aroung on the big WIDE WEB that is the soundtrack not the score if it was the score everyone would be carrying it at least the big guns like Virgin or Best Buy plus it would have been listed as the score sorry guys wish it was But Im pretty sure it isnt.
bossmonkey74
Mini-Con

Postby Cliff Jumper » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:24 pm

Motto: "I wanna boot some Decepticon right in his turbocharger!"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
I reallyh ope this is true. I loved the score in the movie. :PRAY: :PRAY:
Cliff Jumper
Vehicon
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Raymond T. » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:38 pm

I Think it's just the soundtrack.
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Postby Delta Sept » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:58 pm

I want '07 soundtraaaaaack. @@
Delta Sept
Mini-Con

Postby TheKnightShift » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:23 pm

Hey hey, this is Chris Knight aka the guy who started the online petition to show support for an album of Jablonsky's Transformers score. So far there hasn't been any word about a release at all that's crossed the desk here: just conflicting reports that "it's in the works"/"it's not planned at this time". Considering that the more positive word has come from those who have worked directly on the score, I'm inclined to believe that it will be released in the near future. But an album featuring a score as beautiful as Steve Jablonsky's is ... just can't get released fast enough!!!

(Now if the score *is* released this week, then I will gladly be making two purchases at the local gadget retailer: the 300 DVD and the Transformers score. Which my lovely spousal overunit will probably think is too much tangible electronics entertainment for one week, but she knows more than anyone how badly I want this score to come out, having seen Transformers 4 times now :-)

Thanks to everyone who's signed the petition. And if you haven't signed it already or you know folks who want this CD, even if they don't know that they want it yet, and haven't signed it then here ya go with the URL!

http://www.petitiononline.com/tfmjabcd/petition.html

"Transform and roll out ... them CDs!" :-)

Will report anything that I hear on this end. 'Til then, take care and God bless,
Chris Knight
theknightshift.blogspot.com
TheKnightShift
Minibot
News Credits: 9

Postby Sagitta » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:34 pm

Motto: ""Look to see what's there and see what's not.""
Weapon: Crossbow
Erm...anyone check any of the online stores to see if there's even a pre-order listing?

The only thing I could find that was coming up was the "Transformers Compilation Song Box - Import CD" from Japan. Runs around $90 from CDuniverse:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... 5143&BAB=D

To be released Aug. 6th.
Sagitta
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Mini Aircraft
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Sagitta » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:37 pm

For those wondering the Contemplation release is the OSTs from the Japanese Transformers G1 series which would include from Masterforce onward I believe.
Sagitta
Micromaster

Postby jdeats76 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:21 pm

guys... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Sony Music has any right to this soundtrack. Sony Music has the right to the 1986 animated movie soundtrack and can remaster it as many times as they like, but I don't understand what connection they would have to the 2007 live action film score/soundtrack.

The soundtrack to the live-action Transformers movie in stores now (music inspired by the movie) with the Linkin Park, Goo Goo Dolls, etc.. was released under Warner Bros records.

I imagine Warner Bros records is the company to contact about the score release date.
jdeats76
Mini-Con

Postby Versa » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:25 pm

Well today came and went. Bought a blu-ray 300 today and no TF Score, so I guess it ain't happenin' afterall... for a while....
VERSA
Versa
Fuzor

Postby Sagitta » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:46 pm

If it means anything I got an email from Warner Bros (the same who did the Audio Soundtrack of the movie) who chose to release their orchestrated film score for "300". Now, recall that "300" is being released shortly if it hasn't been already.

It could very well be the background orchestrated music from the TF movie will be released within the same manner.
Sagitta
Micromaster

Postby Quadrajet » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:33 pm

If you guys are dying for the music, buy the PC version of the game. There is an audio file with some of the score music(Jablonsky did the music for the game, too). They are in WAV, & sound fantastic. Just enough to tide me over till the real thing!
Quadrajet
Mini-Con

Postby Tybre » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:51 pm

Bay wanted it released. Jablosnky probably wanted it released. I signed and raised awareness for an online petition for its release that, last time I checked, had nearly 2000 signatures. Sure, its not the most sigs in the world, but it probably helped.
Tybre
Minibot

Postby Versa » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:08 pm

But has it been scheduled yet is everyone's question...
VERSA
Versa
Fuzor

Postby Coolyfett » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:09 am

sig 2654!!
There is no excuse for TF3 to not be done properly!!!

Coolyfett
Combiner

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM325 5C (CA) Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207A"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 5th ptg Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0224IM846 (CA) Bratukhin"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #1 5t ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B GI JOE 0124IM248 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221599 2B Griffith"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM407 4B (CA) Diberkato (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #37 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #25 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 4B (CA) Burcham"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220443 War's 3B (CA) Margevich"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #40 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 DEC210541 40B (CA) Brokenshire"
TRANSFORMERS #40 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #4 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915O"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON