This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers DVD Bonus Feature Revealed: Animated Version of the IDW Prequel Comic Series

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Transformers DVD Bonus Feature Revealed: Animated Version of the IDW Prequel Comic Series

Postby Skowl » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:38 am

Chris Ryall, the editor-in-chief of IDW Publishing has posted an update on the IDW forums where he talks about his recent work at the Comic-Con and Chicago convention and his future plans for IDW, including new Spotlights and new comic series. He also talks about his impressions of the new Transformers Animated series.

But most interesting is the fact that he has revealed what the bonus feature on the Transformers Movie DVD will be. The rumoured "additional footage" that voice-actor Mark Ryan had mentioned awhile back is in fact an animated version of the IDW Movie Prequel comic series, with Peter Cullen again reprising his role as Optimus Prime. According to Chris Ryall, this bonus feature will only be available with the Wal-Mart excusive version of the Transformers Movie DVD, no official release date has been set as of yet, so stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more info.

See the whole post by Chris Ryall here.

Between Comic-Con, last weekend's Chicago con, and a trip to Hasbro, plus all kinds of general work overload, I know I haven't been around here much. But that doesn't mean I don't care...

In fact, in that time away from here, I've been making plans. Big plans. And then off to Hasbro to run these plans by the Powers-That-Be. And lo and behold, they loved them and are into said plans. Which means that 2008 is going to be BIG. I don't say this with any hyperbole, but next year's going to really rock your worlds.

These plans include movie-related comics, multiple Spotlights, another crossover, a new mini- (or maybe maxi-)series that will really wow you and answer some old questions, and the big SOMETHING ELSE. I'm pretty excited.

I also watched the new Transformers Animated Movie, the kick-off of the upcoming series, and it's a blast. I actually thought it might be a bit too "young" since it's aimed at the 5-9 crowd, but I shouldn't have questioned Sam Register and his crew--it's a lot of fun, and the characters and voices are great. As are the new toys, that looks just like the designs. I know people have taken shots at it based on the little bit they've seen online, but it's gonna win people over. Especially that first scene.

Oh, one other TF thing--I watched the DVD extra that's going to be included on the Wal-Mart only Movie DVD release. It's an animated version of the entire Movie Prequel miniseries, with voicework from Peter Cullen and others. Good sound effects, cool movement of panels and voices... it's pretty awesome to see our comic turned into something like that. And having Cullen speak our words is an insanely exciting thing, too.

So, yeah, good times are ahead.
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Agent 007 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:46 am

nice
“Ching-a-ling. Come out and get your ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass whoopin’.”
-Skids
remember when all else fails:
ZOMBIE DANCE!!
Agent 007
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby wavelength » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:47 am

great. american only. unless asda gets the same release, i will miss out on this nugget of awesomeness
wavelength
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby Sherade » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:48 am

That's great.
Can't wait to check it out.
previousPrime wrote:The clock guy has impressive testicles.
Sherade
City Commander

Postby DevastaTTor » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:48 am

I'm excited but skeptical. Fingers crossed...
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby RatchetMD » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:49 am

I'm more excited to read his impressions on Transformers Animated. I have the Prequel comic so that extra is pretty meh.
RatchetMD
Minibot

Postby Auto Bot » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:55 am

American only?
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby Mulla » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:57 am

See this? This is me having a fangasm.

And like the Pit would it be American only.
Mulla
Vehicon
News Credits: 12

Postby Unicron Singularity » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:58 am

Motto: "Greed Is Good"
Weapon: Triple Crusher Cannon
it MUST come to Europe, or i'll go Auto-Berserk lol :P

would defo wait several nights outside the shop, to get the dvd with the bonus features, IF it comes to Europe.
Unicron Singularity
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Ravage XK » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:00 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
That sucks!

We dont have Walmarts in the UK. We have Asda so maybe. Why make it an exclusive?

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Wheeljack35 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:04 am

Hmmm...

I thought I heard that it would be a Target exclusive..

Eh The Walmart in my area usually sells their DVD's cheaper on new releases
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:06 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Hmm so it will be sort of flash type animation, or voices overlaying story book scenes is what it sounds like. No 'actual' fluid animation, so to speak, but still a cool bonus.

What are the other stores going to offer to keep up? I assume this will be a two pack type feature, like many releases Walmart has that pairs a new release with either a special content DVD or CD.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby osiricon » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:07 am

Are they talking about the Bay movie dvd or a re-release of the 84 movie?
osiricon
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Postby Duke of Luns » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:08 am

I see, so the "animation" is just them taking a camera to the comic panels, zooming in and out, moving the camera from panel to panel, and maybe taking an object in the frame(like say, a car) and moving it to make it look like motion. It sounds similar to what Marvel did with some of their "comic DVD's"(I have The Ultimates Vol. 1, not to be confused with Ultimate Avengers). Or am I mistaken?

Sounds like a nice free extra, but I'm still glad I got the paperback the other day.
Duke of Luns
Gestalt

Postby Skowl » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:12 am

tigertracks 24 wrote:Hmm so it will be sort of flash type animation, or voices overlaying story book scenes is what it sounds like. No 'actual' fluid animation, so to speak, but still a cool bonus.

Oh crap! You're probably right! When I read "cool movement of panels", I thought they meant panels during transformation...

If it's just some stupid "read-along with Peter Cullen", where you just look at the panels of the Comics and hear the voice actors read them out loud, then that is well... pretty frikkin' lame. I could do that myself, what's the point?

I was all excited thinking it was a new cartoon or something, but the more I think about it, the more you're probably right. I guess this story doesn't deserve the breaking news banner anymore!
Skowl
City Commander

Postby First-Aid » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:12 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Could be interesting...we'll see.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2

Postby Seibertron » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:14 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
AWESOME!
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5

Postby mexi-con » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:15 am

That just gave me goose bumps! CAN'T WAIT!!!
mexi-con
Mini-Con

Postby Auto Bot » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:15 am

Maybe Wal-mart boss is a buddy of Hasbro boss?

Just like the GM-Bay tandem.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby JazZeke » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:17 am

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Wal*mart only! DAMMIT!
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Skowl » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:18 am

I wonder if Chris Ryall could clarify what he means by "animated"? Like Tigertracks said, it's probably just some lame scans of the static panels with the voice actors reading the speech bubbles...

... how...

... exciting.

... yawn.
Skowl
City Commander

Postby Maldroth » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:20 am

I just hope its bundled with a decent version of the movie, was going to get 300 at walmart but it wasn't the 2-disc set. Hope they don't have different versions for each store it would be really annoying to buy two copies of the same movie for two extras.

Probably won't be worth it if that will be the case.
Maldroth
Headmaster Jr

Postby King Starscream89 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:22 am

oh sweet god this is ogign to be awesome ..note to self get dvd no matter the cost
Leadership is an easy job all you need is to be strong and have people who are devoted to you
King Starscream89
Minibot

Postby --B-- » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:22 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
Well, I was going to get the comics and the movie eventually, now I get them both for one price.

Nice.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Primus C-00 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:49 am

Motto: "" [An] Aquarius wants to share enlightenment with other species through righteous hands-on interaction, and he's gotta do what his heart wants, even if the Man ain't copacetic with it.""
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Omg! Omg! Omg!

*faints*
He's got some pretty far-out powers to go along with them, too, including teleportation, the projection of trippy telepathic visions and illusions, and the ability to groove on the language of 98% of all known species. To uses his powers to the fullest, though, he's gotta be feelin' good vibrations; bad karma can seriously harsh his mellow, y'know?
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 7
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 2

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #411 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 0124DC161 (CA) Adams"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #123 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC804 123A"
FLASH #123 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #254 1:25 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240730 Sliney"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GREEN LANTERN #87 Facsimile Cvr C Foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC213 (CA) Adams"
GREEN LANTERN #87 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS #1 Facsimile Cvr B Foil DC Comics 2024 0324DC132 1B"
NEW!
CRISIS ON INFINITE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DOOM PATROL #99 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 0923DC271 (W) Drake (A/CA) Brown"
DOOM PATROL #99 Fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ADVENTURE COMICS #260 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC263 (CA) Swan + Kaye"
ADVENTURE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE SHE-HULK #1 facsimile Marvel Comics 2022 ptg OCT220944 (W)Lee (CA)Buscema"
SAVAGE SHE-HULK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEW TEEN TITANS #1 Facsimile Cvr C blank sketch DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC208 1C"
NEW TEEN TITANS #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Facsimile DC Comics 2022 ptg 0822DC186 (A/CA) Shuster (W) Siegel"
SUPERMAN #1 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC160 181A"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #1 Facsimile var foil Marvel Comics 2024 MSH"
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Limited Series Facsimile foil Marvel Comics 2023 OCT230691 Miller"
WOLVERINE #1 Limit ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAVE AND THE BOLD #54 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 54A (CA) Premiani"
NEW!
BRAVE AND THE BOLD ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON