This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Don Murphy Comments on Transformers 2 and The presumed June 2008 Strike

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Don Murphy Comments on Transformers 2 and The presumed June 2008 Strike

Postby Raymond T. » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:44 pm

Don Murphy, one of the producers of the Transformers Feature film franchise, has posted some personal remarks on his DM board. Including about Transformers 2 and the strike that is likely to take place in June of next year.

The following are personal statements from Murphy and are not to be taken as official statements from the production staff of the Transformers movies. These were taken directly from the post on his board.

"Hi there… haven’t had a Sunday Posting in forever. Those of you that have been here that long remember that I used to use this space for musings and thoughts, until it came to be expected of me and thus pressure. Well I have some thoughts today and they might not make sense but I am not sure they ever did.

--- For those of you most anxious about TRANSFORMERS 2, the silence you hear is primarily because people are fretting about a presumed strike in June 2008. Will it happen? I don’t know- does the public care about strikes anymore in this day and age? What do rich people have to strike about anyway? I don’t have any side here ( you hear about the writers and the Producers but that actually means the STUDIOS) I just think stopping work is kind of pointless. But since no one wants to be filming IF a strike happens, everything needs to be done filming by the end of May 2008. So this is affecting the lack of news about Transformers 2 at least for now. Stay tuned".
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Postby Skowl » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:11 pm

They should at least get some of the pre-production done. Stuff like robot designs, script and stuff, so in the case of a strike they can just leave all that pre-production stuff on stand by and begin filming after it's resolved.

But then again, I don't know anything about how Hollywood works. I just want them to make a good sequel in a reasonable amount of time. I'd hate to have it slowed down because of work stoppage.
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Blozor » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:18 pm

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
Yeah, I'd rather not have another rushed script, thanks.
Blozor
Combiner
News Credits: 1
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby i_amtrunks » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:19 pm

Useless and un-informative.
All it needed was crass foul language and it would have been a typical Don Murphy post.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Phorpus » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:25 pm

I'm not a Don-hater but should we still heed what he says as reliable?

Very little of what he has said has been true and Bay himself has said he hadn't been doing much.
Phorpus
Mini-Con

Postby The Paragon of Virtue » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:49 pm

Phorpus wrote:I'm not a Don-hater but should we still heed what he says as reliable?

Very little of what he has said has been true and Bay himself has said he hadn't been doing much.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20043377,00.html
The Paragon of Virtue
Vehicon

Postby Phorpus » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:29 pm

The Paragon of Virtue wrote:http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20043377,00.html

I know that there can be a strike, I just meant why we should still consider what he says into serious consideration considering his history.

It doesn't really feel very important that the man who is sort of loosely involved with a movie that hasn't been started yet has thoughts on a subject that he sort of knows about.
Phorpus
Mini-Con

Postby Head Shot » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:32 pm

I seriously don't understand all this hate towards Muprhy, sure he can be a major asshole sometimes, but christ he's at least communicating with us, even if sometimes it is incredibly crude. Seriously guys, drop it, you're worse than those parents who complained about the cookie monster. Grow up, get a life, and stop whining, its getting really redundant, and to be honest Murphy has shown himself to be the better man for the past several months by being so tame in his responses.
Head Shot
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby The Paragon of Virtue » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:38 pm

Phorpus wrote:
The Paragon of Virtue wrote:http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20043377,00.html

I know that there can be a strike, I just meant why we should still consider what he says into serious consideration considering his history.

It doesn't really feel very important that the man who is sort of loosely involved with a movie that hasn't been started yet has thoughts on a subject that he sort of knows about.

Then I'm confused what you're complaint about Murphy's statement is. Did you read the article? It says basically the same points he was bringing up for why the writer strike could cause the Transformers sequel to come out later than most may want.
The Paragon of Virtue
Vehicon

Postby tom brokaw » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:48 pm

so whats the reason they are striking?
tom brokaw
Gestalt
News Credits: 4

Postby The Paragon of Virtue » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:05 pm

tom brokaw wrote:so whats the reason they are striking?

They want a greater share of the profits from DVD sales, etc.
The Paragon of Virtue
Vehicon

Postby oprime14 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:14 pm

i agree with scowl they should definatly try and get some designs and ideas or else tf2 might come out as late as 2010 or 11 it will earn them more time to shoot.
oprime14
Mini-Con

Postby Burn » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:56 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Head Shot wrote:I seriously don't understand all this hate towards Muprhy, sure he can be a major asshole sometimes, but christ he's at least communicating with us, even if sometimes it is incredibly crude.

It wasn't just him being crude. It was also him saying one thing and the result being nothing like what he said it would be.

And then there were the personal attacks on some members of the fanbase.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby tom brokaw » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:11 pm

The Paragon of Virtue wrote:
tom brokaw wrote:so whats the reason they are striking?

They want a greater share of the profits from DVD sales, etc.

i see.... wel thats hollywood for ya....
tom brokaw
Gestalt
News Credits: 4

Postby Jazz-935 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:21 pm

gah june 08, is far away... thats so stupid. Strikes dont last forever. They dont need to FRET about starting TF2. They can START, and when the strike happens, just continue after its over.
Jazz-935
Fuzor

Postby timothyvernon » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:58 pm

Head Shot wrote: but christ he's at least communicating with us

do you expect people to communicate with "us"

if there is any prevelant news or updates there will be some sort of press release about it.. it's not like the studio is hiding some giant secret and this dude is your little transformers spy.

who really cares what that guy says anyways.
timothyvernon
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:57 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I see no reason to change the movie models that already exist. Prime and crew look fantastic as is. (For those of you who want it GEEWUNNED...this is your chance. Up until season 4, no one changed their looks, not even once. You can't count Megatron because he became an entirely new person, through Unicron's power.)

Add new models to go along side the pre-existing ones. Not only would you save money for more TF on screen time, but they could get to work on the story more, rather than focus on what's considered to be the "hot" look for robots this summer.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Deadpool. » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:02 am

The movie designs won't be fine if the cameraman continues shaking his camera that much and zooms in too much during the fight scenes... :P
Deadpool.
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Big Convoy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:10 am

If Jabba The Hutt and Tantrum both work on TF 2, we can expect another crude humour, bad acting, horrible robot designs and an even dire plot.

Not to mention camera work that won't stay still for 1 second during action scenes and move so much you can't even see what's happenen, and lastly another 150 million dollar budget that mostly goes towards paying overrated hack actors like Voight, Dumbass Duhmel, LaDouche and that Brainless Hilton wannabe, Megan Fox.
Big Convoy
Mini-Con

Postby Rodimus2006 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:27 am

Motto: "We Live for the One, We Die for the One, But we dont Die Stupidly."
Weapon: Twin Swords
There wont be a Transformers 2 not for a couple of years anyways not with bay working on Bad Boys III and the Prince of Persia doubt they will be any sequels to Armageddon, The Island, or the Rock.

For Transformers 2 dont expect it until at least 2010 or 2012
Transformers I want in for TF 2

Bluestreak
Prowl
Gears
Hot Shot
Vector Prime
Landmine
Scattershot
Over Ride
Longhaul
Scrapper
Hook
Shockwave
Shockblast
Skywarp
Thundercracker
Minousaur
The Dinobots Swoop Slag Grimlock & Sludge
The Protectobots
The Aerial Bots
Broadside
Blurr
Wheelie
Rumble
Lazerbeak
Buzzsaw
Galvatron
Scourge
The Sweeps
Cyclonus
Omega Supreme
Fotress Maximus
Dinobot
Cheetor
Black Arachnia
Cosmos
Elita-1
Astrotrain
Kup
Springer
Sideways
Sidswipe
Sunstreaker
Hound
Mirage
Cererberus part of Fortress Maximus
Autobot City
Trypticon
Havoc
The Combaticons - Bruticus
The Stunticons
Dirge
Thrust
Ramjet
Powerglide
Perciptor
Blaster
Arcee
Blitzwing

Names for Transformers II

Transformers II - The Prime Directives
Transformers II - The Earth Conflict
Transfomers II - The Cybertronian Wars
Transformers II - The Unicron Battles
Transformers II - The Search for the Matrix
Transformers II - Battle for the Mini-Cons
Transformers II - Cosmic Rust

Don Murphy or Micheal Bay or any other person in charge of Transformers 2 above is the subtitles for transformers ii and the list of tarsnformers I would like to put in. On Micheal Bay wanting a Battleship Carrier for a Transformer he could Use Broadside he is a Autobot Triple changer he changes to robot mode, to Battlecarrier to a Jet. On Tidal Wave he is the Biggest decipticon besides Trypticon he changes into Robot Mode or into a Battle carrier. Also Hooks into Galvatron for a power boost.
Rodimus2006
Headmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:35 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Big Convoy wrote:If Jabba The Hutt and Tantrum both work on TF 2, we can expect another crude humour(it's humor, it's only humour if you're British.), bad acting, horrible robot designs and an even dire(that's even *more* dire) plot.

Not to mention camera work that won't stay still for 1 second during action scenes and move so much you can't even see what's happenen(happening. Or happenin' in slang.), and lastly another 150 million(oh they'll get more than $150 for this next one. More likely $200-250) dollar budget that mostly goes towards paying overrated hack actors like Voight, Dumbass Duhmel(it's Duhamel), LaDouche and that Brainless Hilton wannabe, Megan Fox.

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

1.) Jon Voight is not an overrated hack actor. That man has paid with blood, sweat, and tears to be where he is in Hollywood now. He's one of the most prolific actors of our generation and those that came before us.

2.) Josh Duhamel did a fine job as Lennox. He got the comedic timing just right, he fits the action hero mold nicely, and he's quite a cool guy in general.

3.) Shia LaBeouf is a jerk*, there's no denying that. But he's a jerk that produces results. He got the job done, and he's coming back for the sequel. He might be a prick, but as long as he's doing what we're paying him for...we really can't complain.

4.) Megan Fox is not a Paris Hilton wanna-be. She can act (albeit, needs work...), she is a pretty face, and she hasn't broken the law. (Note: not picking on Paris Hilton. She at least showed up for her punishment (no matter how it was twisted), other stars can't even be bothered.)

If you're going to go out of your way to tear people apart and demean them and what they do...at least get your facts straight and work on your own skills. I've pointed out where you failed. (Hope this helps as well: Image

oh and this one: Image)

*= this note is for the thread in general (not just Big Convoy) I was listening to Dave & Jimmy (a Columbus, OH based morning radio show) and Jimmy was talking about how Shia is dating Rhianna (lucky man, she's a bombshell with haunting eyes), and Dave said he doesn't get it. Shia's too geeky looking to be with a model (and she is one, when she's not singing) and Jimmy said "Oh they're a perfect match. He's an absolute jerk, he could barely give me the time of day for a four minute interview and he's just so foul mouthed, it's disgusting. She's arrogant as well, but she's earned it." So yeah...apparently LaBeouf is a real prick and a half.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Psychout » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:44 am

Motto: "This post clearly was meant to offend, and if you are affected by it in any way please close your browser and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously."
Weapon: Black Magic
Who the **** cares?

The movie will be released when its finished, cant you people just accept that?

Jesus, its no wonder people think all internet uses are assholes.
(except Autbot032's. Thats spot on.)
“I like to think that my arrogance, impetuosity,
impatience, selfishness and greed are the qualities
that make me the lovable chap I am.”
Psychout
HMW Moderator
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Cassette. The 80s ROCKED
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Amelie » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:00 am

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
Autobot032 wrote:stuff

Translation: "BAAWWWW!! :sad: You suck.
SUHT UP N SOTP HAVIN UPINUNS DIFRUNT 2 MIN£11!!!1"
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Cyber Bishop » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:09 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Amelie wrote:

Welcome back!! :D :grin:
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Burn » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:16 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Amelie wrote:

Welcome back!! :D :grin:

HOLY SCHIZZLESNIT! It's Amelie himself! :shock:
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BIG BOTTI Transformers BotBots Series 2 Jock Squad 2019 baseball bat"
BIG BOTTI Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Complete 16 STICKER SET Transformers BotBots Series 4 Gumball + Claw Machine"
Complete 16 STICKE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PAPA CLICK Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades camera 2019 Hasbro"
PAPA CLICK Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "S'UP DAWG Transformers BotBots Series 1 Greaser Gang 2018 Hasbro Corn Dog Hot"
S'UP DAWG Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 2019 Hasbro New"
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNILLA ICEQUEENCONE Transformers BotBots Series 1 Sugar Shocks Vanilla Sundae"
UNILLA ICEQUEENCON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKY-BYTE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 Hasbro 2020 New"
SKY-BYTE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ZANZABAR Transformers BotBots Series 4 Magic Tricksters Hasbro 2020 crystal ball"
ZANZABAR Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATSBY Transformers BotBots Series 1 Jock Squad 2018 Hasbro Baseball Bat"
BATSBY Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HAWT DIGGITY Transformers BotBots Series 1 Greaser Gang 2018 Hasbro"
HAWT DIGGITY Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Kre-o Battle Changer Building Toy Hasbro 2014 New"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOPE SOAP Transformers BotBots Series 2 Toilet Troop 2019 used bar soap"
NOPE SOAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CAPTAIN CARTRIDGE Transformers BotBots Con Crew Line League handheld game 2019"
CAPTAIN CARTRIDGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRATWORST Transformers BotBots Series 5 Movie Moguls bratwurst Hasbro 2020"
BRATWORST Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON