This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Eternal"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "Eternal"

Postby Richter » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:56 am

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted.
These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love.
No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

”Eternal” Story by Mike (Thunderwing) Priest, Art by Jeffrey (Psychomud) Witty

Richter
Targetmaster
News Credits: 430

Postby Chaoslock » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:03 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Almost perfect mosaic... but Rampage was killed with an energon-chunk, not with Depthcharges rapier... still, this mosaic is a twist on the BW story I like.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby zemper » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:38 am

Chaoslock wrote:Almost perfect mosaic... but Rampage was killed with an energon-chunk, not with Depthcharges rapier... still, this mosaic is a twist on the BW story I like.

yep, Rampage was killed with an Energon splinter that went kablooey along with a vast deposit of unstable Energon on the background. but enough of Beast Wars history. that was merely for the guy who posts "great mosaic!" and other stupid nonsensical one-liners just to PAD his post count...yeah, you know who you are.

in fact, i think this is A SCARY thought...an mishmash of Rampage's spark and Depth Charge...i'd hate to live with my own worst enemy within me hahaha (who wouldn't?) maybe this could be a tie-in to the backstory of the Universe recolor of Depth Charge? :-?

this is a cool mosaic. always love it when people do Beast Wars stuff. keep it up!

:MAX:
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster

Postby Duke of Luns » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:07 am

Wow, interesting Mosaic with a very neat twist. I also like the art style too.

Not something I'd like to see actually happen within continuity, but a very cool "what if". Topnotch ;)^
Duke of Luns
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby olokin » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:56 am

What a great twist. I have feeling whatever is left of Depthcharge in that amalgam will glad sacrifice himself just to get rid of Rampage once and for all.
olokin
City Commander

Postby Psychout » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:41 am

Motto: "This post clearly was meant to offend, and if you are affected by it in any way please close your browser and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously."
Weapon: Black Magic
Nope, no idea whats going on there.

Looks pretty tho...
“I like to think that my arrogance, impetuosity,
impatience, selfishness and greed are the qualities
that make me the lovable chap I am.”
Psychout
HMW Moderator
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Cassette. The 80s ROCKED
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Megatron Wolf » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:26 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Nice. This is a great idea. Only question to ask now is who has the most control over the body.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Talon523 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:53 am

A great idea. I would love to see a full comic on Rampage. He was a great character. I still think Transmutate is the best TF episode ever (in any series). Has anyone done a poll on that subject?
Talon523
Minibot

Postby darth reven » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:14 am

i dont really get this one but its alright
darth reven
Minibot

Postby Cyber-Kun » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:40 am

Talon523 wrote:A great idea. I would love to see a full comic on Rampage. He was a great character. I still think Transmutate is the best TF episode ever (in any series). Has anyone done a poll on that subject?

Actually, I am drawing and writing a Rampage story for Mosaic as we speak.
recent acquisitions: TFA Black Arachnia, Ratchet & Leader Megatron, Movie Stockade
Cyber-Kun
Headmaster Jr

Postby Sideshow Sideswipe » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:24 pm

Motto: "Fritos are the right of all hungry beings"
Weapon: Shotgun
ha ha death ramcharge...
God, save me from your followers.

Sideshow Sideswipe
Fuzor
News Credits: 70
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 9

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:22 pm

Very intresting, I know both figures had a Universe revival, but this is a nice epilog.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby 1337W422102 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:49 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Depthcharge would probably have killed himself/Rampage rather than yell 'No!'...
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Skill: 8

Postby OptimusShr » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:43 pm

1337W422102 wrote:Depthcharge would probably have killed himself/Rampage rather than yell 'No!'...

He's in shock, give him a minute and he'll stab himself in the spark.

I feel sorry for Depthcharge, this must be his worst nightmare come true.

Also very nice art.
OptimusShr
Fuzor

Postby Predacon Rampage » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:01 pm

Finally a comic about me, I don't like the idea through, but it is funny. Depthcharge was killed completely by the explosion, primal brought him back in Universe. I am working on my story/comic to what happened to Rampage after the explosion due to its invincibility, and being seperated into two, his spark would make more sense for Dinobot's personality to be a part of it. Hopefully I can post it sometime. I was also working on a prequel series, of him becoming protoform X, and his activities on Omicron, and his first battle with Depthcharge.

I hope to see more mosaics featuring Rampage through, he is my favorite after all. :D
Last edited by Predacon Rampage on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Predacon Rampage
Minibot

Postby i_amtrunks » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:30 pm

Very original idea, I likey!
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby devil prime » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:26 pm

awesome Depthcharge and Rampage were my favorite characters from beast wars
devil prime
Minibot

Postby Sentinel Pax » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:28 pm

Ooh...Beast Wars + Mosaic = sweetness.
Sentinel Pax
Targetmaster

Postby Psychomud » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:38 pm

Thanx for the nice comments all!

I did the artwork on this piece (ages ago). Other threads discussing this piece are less then uplifting to read.

"I don't get it."
"Crap story."
"Crap art."
"This isn't funny, Mosaic's are supposed to be funny."
"Whats the point - there's support to be a point."

Those are the few comments that stick out. For a moment there I was about ashamed of my work on it.

I would HOPE to think I have since improoved - see my latest WIP (work in progress) below....

Anyway - thanks for the kind words! ;-)

Funny how from site to site, Trans-fans are very different. ;-) But even bad opinions of my work can help me try harder. ;-)

- Jeff
aka Psychomud
Psychomud
Minibot

Postby Predacon Rampage » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:00 pm

It was good art, I maybe hope to see more Beast wars stuff from you in the future. :grin:
Predacon Rampage
Minibot

Postby Psychomud » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:33 pm

Predacon Rampage wrote:It was good art, I maybe hope to see more Beast wars stuff from you in the future. :grin:

Like this...?

It's some promo movie poster art for an upcoming BW/BM related comic. ;-)

I got a bunch of other character designs and sketches on my deviantart gallery dealing with the Beast Wars/Machines characters. ;-)
Psychomud
Minibot

Postby Jeysie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:34 pm

Motto: "Peace, Love, and Rock n' Roll"
Weapon: Dirge Gun
Psychomud wrote:"Crap art."
"This isn't funny, Mosaic's are supposed to be funny."

Pfft. Out of the 40-odd Mosaics we've had so far, only "Duel" and "Downcast" struck me personally as outright funny. (Though there's a few other light-hearted ones.) Any look into the minds of the characters, funny or no, is fine by me.

And I like the art... it seems that people tend to get down a bit on less-realistic art, which saddens me. I also like your Brawn piece there, it's really cool. :D

As for the story, I've seen very little Beast Wars at this point, so I can't comment on that. :oops:
Jeysie
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby Wheelimus Prime » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:34 pm

Motto: "Seems Legit"
Weapon: Sonic Umbrella
dont get it
but good though
Seibertron's resident Pumpkin.
Art for Signature and Avatar by Trishields.
neliz wrote:Wheelimus, you old bastard, let me help you with a new signature.
Wheelimus Prime
Faction Commander
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 4

Postby Predacon Rampage » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:14 pm

Psychomud wrote:
Predacon Rampage wrote:It was good art, I maybe hope to see more Beast wars stuff from you in the future. :grin:

Like this...?

It's some promo movie poster art for an upcoming BW/BM related comic. ;-)

I got a bunch of other character designs and sketches on my deviantart gallery dealing with the Beast Wars/Machines characters.
I like the reimagined beast modes for the characters, I like the Spittor one very cool. Hopefully Rampage will get one to. :D

That Brawn picture is awesome also.
Predacon Rampage
Minibot

Postby zemper » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:35 pm

Well, it's actually hard to get if you did not see Season 2 and 3 of Beast Wars, but here's a short filler so you'll hopefully get this Mosaic:

Rampage (a.k.a. Protoform X) - failed experiment of Cybertronians who tried to clone the Immortal Spark of Starscream, but failed. transforms into a Transmetal crab. very violent and suffers constantly from having his indestructible Spark (which was taken from his body FYI) being tortured upon constantly by Megatron (who encases it in a small chamber with Energon spikes, and squeezes it ala stress balls whenever Rampage doesn't follow his command).

Depth Charge - the main character in this Mosaic. sworn enemy of Rampage, who destroyed his security station/planet. transforms into a transmetal manta ray.

events leading to this mosaic:

in their final appearance during season 3, we find Depth Charge and Rampage battling underwater near large deposits of Energon crystals (which are high explosive due to their unstable nature).

they battle with Energon crystal shards, and Depth Chrage manages to pin down Rampage. despite the fact that killing Rampage will detonate the Energon deposits around them, Depth Charge still stabs the Energon shard into Rampage's spark, detonating the Energon around them and killing them both.

basically, this mosaic is a "What If?" type of comic, playing around the facts that Rampage's spark is nearly indestructible (though only Energon can seem to damage it) and that Depth Charge was reissued under the Universe Line, with colors similar to the ones used in this mosaic.

hope this helps. 8)

:MAX:
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin Lost Years DIRECTORS CUT #1 Cvr A IDW Comics FEB231516 1A"
TMNT Last Ronin Lo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #142 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 MAY231413 142A Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Smith"
TMNT #142 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr F Boom Studios Comics 2022 OCT220272 1F (CA)Eastman+Williams"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #9 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics 2024 OCT231366 9D (CA) Levins"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #3 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 MAY231433 3C (CA) Reilly"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #145 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 AUG231420 145B Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA)Eastman"
TMNT #145 Cvr B ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv APRIL SPECIAL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2024 JAN241252"
NEW!
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #143 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JUL231250 143A Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Smith"
TMNT #143 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr X 1:10 Foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249140 3X (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME ALLIANCE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 1RI (CA) Santolouco"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 OCT231360 8B (CA) Hymel"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #2 Cvr D IDW Comics 2023 JUN231495 2D (CA) Gorham"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 APR231619 4A (CA) Sakai"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #107 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 APR200716 107RI Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"
TMNT #107 RI 1:10 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON