This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Images of TF:Animated Sentinel Prime, Swoop and More!

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

New Images of TF:Animated Sentinel Prime, Swoop and More!

Postby Skowl » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:46 pm

After images of Transformers Animated Jazz, Ultra Magnus, Sentinel Prime, Swoop and Slag were leaked online in an earlier story which you can see here, more new sketches have appeared, this time showing new angles of Swoop (and his beast mode), several drawings of Sentinel Prime, Ultra Mgnus's vehicle mode and Megatron's head.

The images, courtesy of tfw2005, can be seen in their original post here.

Be warned, some images may hint to spoilers.

Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Re: New Images of TF:Animated Sentinel Prime, Swoop and More!

Postby Wheelimus Prime » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:49 pm

Motto: "Seems Legit"
Weapon: Sonic Umbrella
wos head is the last on :-?
Seibertron's resident Pumpkin.
Art for Signature and Avatar by Trishields.
neliz wrote:Wheelimus, you old bastard, let me help you with a new signature.
Wheelimus Prime
Faction Commander
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 4

Postby Liege Evilmus » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:52 pm

I like ripped up head Megatron, Swoop is unimpresive, and it's nice to see The Tick back on TV even though I don't like how they updated his costume.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Skowl » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:29 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote: it's nice to see The Tick back on TV even though I don't like how they updated his costume.

Image Image

"Spooooooon!!!"
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Liege Evilmus » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:41 pm

I long for the return of Speak the Dog!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Raymond T. » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:51 pm

Skowl wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote: it's nice to see The Tick back on TV even though I don't like how they updated his costume.

Image Image

"Spooooooon!!!"
I was wondering how long it would take for some to post that here! :grin:
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:27 pm

Seems to me like there shold be a big Chevy logo on the tailgate of that "Avalnche" pick-up. Always thought it would be cool if they made a toy for one of those, I was just hoping it's robot mode would have been Cybertron or Movie style.
I'm still totally enthralled with Magnus' alt. mode! Can't wait for the toy to come out.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby AutobotJazz » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:07 pm

Motto: "I do it my way: with style."
Weapon: Electrostatic Discharger Rifle
Nice designs here. I want to see more stuff in color. Especially Jazz, Slag, and Swoop.
AutobotJazz
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 104
Watch AutobotJazz on YouTube

Postby skyblade » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:40 pm

Too cartony but Megatron (the last one, i think) is pretty cool. The color scheme of sentinel prime is not that good. Swoop i kinda like, weird but i like it. There are all not bad :grin:
skyblade
Mini-Con

Postby skywarp-2 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:50 pm

Sentinel Prime is a Blue and Gold Monster truck?? WTF?? I would have atleast thought he was the Mobile Missile launcher.. and in Red and Gold!!! Why Why why.... :sad:

that's horrible!! He's not even a super huge truck!! he's just a Monster truck..

oh well...

sigh....

I guess I should just be glad they added him at all.. stil though it seems lack luster at best..
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
http://capitalcomicsstudios.deviantart.com/
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/vi ... 27&t=56030
skywarp-2
Faction Commander
News Credits: 5

Postby dragons » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:53 pm

Sentinel Prime looks good but his robot mode is not how i imagend him i imagend his robot to look like something with the truck shovel plows on his shoulders, or his forearms kind like shields but it stead to me it looks like he has chest implants to make his bigger those shovel scoopers on his chest instead of his arms.

his head looks werid with the big bolt on his chin but other than that it looks good and megatron head looks like its been reformated or something magnus has a better looking head compared to sentinal prime looking forward to the series maybe the figures as well.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Nekoman » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:08 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Swoops okay, Sentinel Prime is disgusting. I was looking forward to seeing what Sentinel Prime would look like, but I should have figured it would be ugly. Those chins are getting worse too. Why do they have to do this to the things I love most! Animated stinks.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Postby moonie » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:47 pm

with that big Alt-Mode sentinel prime has, you'd think he was compensating for something.
moonie
Micromaster

Postby Predacon Rampage » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:11 am

I like Jazz's desingn, and swoops is okay, "Crimson Chin" Sentinal Prime is ugly. I think he was meant to be disliked in all ways, he will probly still find his fans. :?
Predacon Rampage
Minibot

Postby moonie » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:19 am

sentinel's voice actor may have been typecasted into playing a musclebound blue colored mega-chinned character. on the dinobots: for once it isn't wheeljack or ratchet's fault.
moonie
Micromaster

Postby s250 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:08 am

Autobots' ship is transformer too
and his name is.....

Omega Supreme!!!!!!!!!

and his cowardly
s250
Minibot
News Credits: 108

Postby Hard Hacker » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:54 am

This is returning to G1 in the most unconventional manner: Copy/Paste character models. And it's not even been touched by AKOM, thank goodness.
Hard Hacker
Headmaster Jr

Postby moonie » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:18 am

Hard Hacker wrote:This is returning to G1 in the most unconventional manner: Copy/Paste character models. And it's not even been touched by AKOM, thank goodness.

amen to that!
moonie
Micromaster

Postby Chops13 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:28 pm

i dont know why alot of people are so opposed to doing things differently they can not take the same g1 cartoon and redo it they have to add new things to it and change story lines up. the looks of the characters is just another way in the transformers family how to look at them give it a chance i see alot of potential in the series they are trying to rekindle g1 fandom in a new way
Chops13
Mini-Con

Postby juushinkan » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:46 pm

Chops13 wrote:i dont know why alot of people are so opposed to doing things differently they can not take the same g1 cartoon and redo it they have to add new things to it and change story lines up. the looks of the characters is just another way in the transformers family how to look at them give it a chance i see alot of potential in the series they are trying to rekindle g1 fandom in a new way

Why is it that, no matter the fandom, if you don't like something new to it, it's because you're hung up on the old stuff. How about plain old asthetics? I dislike the gigantic chins and Superman speedo hips. I don't need to be hung up on G1 for my eyes to tell me that Sentinel there looks like the freakish, robotic love child of Stitch and Buzz Lightyear.

I do have positives. I'd like to see Swoops face, but I like how thin and sleek he is. And Megatron is looking nice and creepy there with his face ripped wide open. ;;)
juushinkan
Micromaster

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:01 pm

juushinkan wrote:
Chops13 wrote:i dont know why alot of people are so opposed to doing things differently they can not take the same g1 cartoon and redo it they have to add new things to it and change story lines up. the looks of the characters is just another way in the transformers family how to look at them give it a chance i see alot of potential in the series they are trying to rekindle g1 fandom in a new way

Why is it that, no matter the fandom, if you don't like something new to it, it's because you're hung up on the old stuff. How about plain old asthetics? I dislike the gigantic chins and Superman speedo hips. I don't need to be hung up on G1 for my eyes to tell me that Sentinel there looks like the freakish, robotic love child of Stitch and Buzz Lightyear.

I do have positives. I'd like to see Swoops face, but I like how thin and sleek he is. And Megatron is looking nice and creepy there with his face ripped wide open. ;;)

I just wanna agree with this.

It's the lack of quality and effort in the designs that are killing Animated for me. I'm gonna stop relating it to Teen Titans and Ben 10, because they at least follow the basics of realism and perportion.

This is just weak.

Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby random63146 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:33 pm

-
Last edited by random63146 on Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
random63146
Fuzor

Postby Hard Hacker » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:38 am

Liege Evilmus wrote:
juushinkan wrote:

I just wanna agree with this.

It's the lack of quality and effort in the designs that are killing Animated for me. I'm gonna stop relating it to Teen Titans and Ben 10, because they at least follow the basics of realism and perportion.

This is just weak.

I dissagree.

The exaggerated proportions helps create a sort of character following a certain role. Sentinal Prime is Ultra Magnus's bodygaurd in this continutiy family, so, they decided that a sort of artitypical bouncer would work best. Ratchet is a battered veteran, so giving him a bit of a pot belly and his crest wing broken off helps us relate to the steriotypical character trait. Optimus Prime is the leader of this rat-tag group, so he appears to have been given jockish proportions, to come off as a strong leader figure who is in charge, but somebody who's not really up to the job of bigger and better things just yet. Prowl is a reserved and calm ninja figure, so his slim figure (So to speak) and actions in the show help ephasise that.

//tl;dr
Hard Hacker
Headmaster Jr

Postby Overloaded » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:45 pm

I love Sentinel Prime and Ultra Magnus . I can not wait to see them and Jazz in toy
Overloaded
Combiner
News Credits: 2

Postby Grimlock_nessmonster » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:01 pm

I like Sentinel Prime not just because he looks like the Tick but because he has a huge chin like The Crimson Chin, I also like how Swoop looks because he looks awsome
ME GRIMLOCK, ME BADASS!!!!!!!!!
Grimlock_nessmonster
Mini-Con

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
NEW!
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LONG HAUL Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109U"
NEW!
LONG HAUL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +06 Voyager WFC 2024 New"
NEW!
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLITZWING + HAZARD Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2017 231208L"
NEW!
BLITZWING + HAZARD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HUN-GURRR Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager 2018 230903A"
HUN-GURRR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
NEW!
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 240109S"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
NEW!
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSMETAL II MEGATRON Transformers Legacy Evolution Leader Beast Wars New"
TRANSMETAL II MEGA ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON