This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Simon Furman Update on IDW Beast Wars Series and Profile Books

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Simon Furman Update on IDW Beast Wars Series and Profile Books

Postby Hotrod » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:36 pm

Simon Furman has updated is blog at Wildfur.net. Furman's latest blog update is about the IDW Beast Wars series, The Ascending, and profile books. There are a lot of teasers in the update.

According to Furman, in The Ascending a lot more Cybertron will be show than there was in The Gathering. Fans will get a good look at the planetary status quo, focusing on the overall command structure/hierarchy and special groups such as The Pack. Also there is a new ‘big bad’ to meet. The story will inform how Razorbeast and his earthbound (chronally displaced) Maximals are doing and what Ravage’s Predacons are up to. Also we will learn the what happened to Magmatron. and the ultimate fate of Cybertron. Oh, and all of this is just in issue #1 which should be out in either August or September. Don Figueroa will be doing the art.

Furman also revealed some information about the Beast Wars profile books. The series will pretty much encompasses every Beast Wars character from every toy line and TV show, including convention and store exclusives. There is more than the occasional nod to the Japanese BW series and characters. The art for the series will be done by a number of artisit including Don Figueroa.

You can read Furman's entire blog at Wildfur.net.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Dr. Caelus » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:56 pm

August or September? Man that's a long wait...

It'll be interesting to see what characters are still on Cybertron in The Ascending. It would almost have to be all Japanese-based characters.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby JazZeke » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:05 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
*drools in anticipation*
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Darth Bombshell » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:07 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
A lot of that is really old news, though it's nice to have a set date down. Though call me pessimistic, but I'll be counting down till it gets changed.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Corona Smokescreen » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:49 pm

Don again? I don't mind his art but I would like to see somebody else give a shot at BW comics.
Corona Smokescreen
Mini-Con

Postby JazZeke » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:54 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Oh come on little bro, you just dislike him because I prefer him over your favorite artist, Guidi. :P
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:54 pm

Damn, all this sounds amazing. I can't wait for The Ascending or the Profile books. They should just call it BW: MTMTE, just like G1 & Armada.
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby kary » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:33 pm

Don should be the only artist working on any TF series.
kary

Postby Rebirth Megatron » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:23 pm

Weapon: Dual Laser Beam Rifle
I am so going to get all of these ASAP. I have been waiting for this since the end of The Gathering.
Rebirth Megatron
Decepticon Warlord
News Credits: 3
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:31 pm

Dang, dude, that's awesome that all the Japanese characters are being done.

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sentinel Pax » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:31 pm

I haven't read The Gathering yet, but from what I've seen and heard, it does a really good job with the Beast Wars continuity, which is awesome. I really hope they do something cool with Airhammer to set him apart, because he was one of my favorite Beast Wars toys because he just looked so cool.
Sentinel Pax
Targetmaster

Postby God Magnus » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:35 pm

Motto: "I'd reach for the stars but I can't find my arms."
Weapon: Blue Bolt
I can't wait for the profile books!
The Harbinger of Jell-O Puddin' Pops!

If you are flamable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
-Mitch Hedberg
My BotCon '08 pics.
God Magnus
Godmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Point » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:21 am

Is it just me, or am I too skeptible about the Beast Wars universe being messed with too much. Look at what mining the G1 universe over and over has done. I know we are getting the movie, but there is continuity after continuity and too many takes on characters that aren't true to their origins and such. With Beast Wars, we just have the 3 awesome seasons and all the great figs. Am I just all wrong here or cold this start getting hairy after a while?
Point
Micromaster

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUL221613 298B (CA)Sullivan"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr E RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 300E (CA) Royle"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE EUROPEAN MISSIONS #8 Marvel Comics 1989 (CA) Braithwaite 220721B"
GI JOE EUROPEAN MI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr E 1:50 Quintesson Image Comics 0823IM480 5E (CA) Lee 231010Q"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM821 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222D"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D GI JOE 1123IM275 (CA) ACO (W) Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JUN230375 3A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr B Death Image Comics 2023 1123IM809 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr F RI 1:25 IDW Comics 2022 300F (CA) Joseph"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUN200578 2B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230376 3B (CA) Harren (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #9 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 MAR200812 9A (CA) Evenhuis (A) Kelly (W) Allor"
GI JOE #9 Cvr A ID ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON