This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW's "Revelation" Revealed

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW's "Revelation" Revealed

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:51 pm

IDW Publishing's editor in chief Chris Ryall has once again updated his blog, this time with juicy tidbits about the upcoming "Revelation" series.

These tidbits do contain some slight spoilers, about the format and characters involved in the Revelation series, so consider yourselves forewarned.

The final TRANSFORMERS storyline in Simon Furman's "-tion" saga will begin this summer. With it, we're doing something a little different--we're doing "The Revelations Saga" in four chapters, each presented as a TRANSFORMERS SPOTLIGHT. These four issues will feature a new character, folks like CYCLONUS, HARDHEAD and two others, and take place across the universe as the story Simon started in October 2005 has spread and grown into this huge epic.

Ryall has also posted a sketch of the 4 piece cover that E.J. Su has created for the series, noting that Su and Roche will create the covers for each of the four issues, with Su "bookending" in the art duties, taking control of issues #1 and #4, but leaves the artists for issues #2 and #3 unrevealed.

Also added by Ryall are the first two covers featuring Cyclonus and Hardhead. These two covers can be seen below.

To check out Ryall's full blog update, or any of the images he has posted, please click here.

Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: IDW's

Postby Primus C-00 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:12 pm

Motto: "" [An] Aquarius wants to share enlightenment with other species through righteous hands-on interaction, and he's gotta do what his heart wants, even if the Man ain't copacetic with it.""
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Jizzle my nizzle!

:grin:
He's got some pretty far-out powers to go along with them, too, including teleportation, the projection of trippy telepathic visions and illusions, and the ability to groove on the language of 98% of all known species. To uses his powers to the fullest, though, he's gotta be feelin' good vibrations; bad karma can seriously harsh his mellow, y'know?
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 7
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 2

Postby Autobot Snake Eyes » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:33 pm

Bitchin!
Please check out my You Tube videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gojira12345678910
Please stay tuned for a upcoming stop motion I am making.

Max Payne was awesome! check it out!
Autobot Snake Eyes
Targetmaster

Postby metalformer » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:15 pm

Motto: ""Life is an Eternal War for Survival!""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
The covers do look amazing. Cyclonus' is very dark and depressive and violent. Fitting for a Decepticon! Hardhead's is very military-ish, which I also like. BTW, I like his new form. I would like to see his alternate mode.
metalformer
Minibot
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Mechabreaker » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:29 pm

Motto: "The only good Decepticon is a deactivated Decepticon."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I read the full blog update, and I was about to cry because I thought this would be the end of IDW's TF's forever, but he says that there will be announcements on other upcoming projects as well as more on "Revelation." So, I can only hope for another slamtastic epic story from IDW sometime in the next year or two.

And this is not counting "Reign of Starscream" and "All Hail Megatron" which I am already eagerly anticipating both of those stories.

Oh, and must not forget "Focus on Decepticons"

Counterpunch wrote:I'll go into the street and slap someone's momma for a Leader-1 repaint.

http://taztitan85.deviantart.com/<---My deviantart account (It's mostly poetry that I write, but I will throw in a drawing or two every now and then)
Mechabreaker
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Pickup Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Twin Sunset » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:59 pm

already a thread about this
Twin Sunset
Mini-Con

Postby Jazz 4 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:08 pm

I can only explain with this,

GROOVE BABY, YEA!!!!!!! :-B
Jazz 4
Mini-Con

Postby Optimutt » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:20 pm

Motto: "Victory if nothing if you don't enjoy everything leading to it."
Can anyone else be more thrilled that Cyclonus is finally getting some comic time? He and Scourge got such a clothesline in the Marvel run, which is such a shame considering how bad@$$ he is. Then, in the UK series, he was scrapped and hung on a wall. Not a very nice ending for such a keen character. This is great news.
"I couldn't put it down," Eliot Vohy about Escape from the Spotlight.

Updates on novels and publications: https://robwqueen.com/
Optimutt
Vehicon
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Jet

Postby NuclearConvoy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:34 pm

*drooling* Wowzers!
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Deadpool. » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:53 pm

I like how Cyclonus looks so evil and murderous!!!!
Deadpool.
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Pyrostrata » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:16 pm

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Den-O wrote:I like how Cyclonus looks so evil and murderous!!!!

OhboyOhboyOhboy!!!! Cyclonus!!! Can ya get much better than that?

I THINK NOT! :grin:

Looks fantastic...can't effin' wait!
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Senor Hugo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:35 pm

Hardhead is easily one of my favorite bots. Glad to see him show up in the DW verse.

Though I'm very curious as to who the other two bots will be. One looks like it could be Red Alert, but I can't place the other one.
Senor Hugo
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Cyber-Kun » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:42 pm

I really wish that IDW would release posters of these painted covers, they're so awesome! I'm so stoked about the upcoming arc!
recent acquisitions: TFA Black Arachnia, Ratchet & Leader Megatron, Movie Stockade
Cyber-Kun
Headmaster Jr

Postby Heatermania » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:15 am

Look at the barrel of the gun in the Hardhead pic.

It's Dealer - Doubledealer. I'd bet my bottom dollar on it.
Heatermania
Mini-Con

Postby Leonardo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:17 am

It looks like Doubledealer in the sketch version on Ryall's blog.
Leonardo
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Deadpool. » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:33 am

Heatermania wrote:Look at the barrel of the gun in the Hardhead pic.

It's Dealer - Doubledealer. I'd bet my bottom dollar on it.

I see what looks like the tip of a foot on the extreme right of Hardhead's pic....
It's in the same color as Doubledealer, so i guess it's really him.
Deadpool.
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby skyshadowprimus » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:11 am

Does this mean that Revalation will be covered by four one shot spotlight issues and then the final Expansion title will be released in autumn?

If so then this is a good thing, as much as i like long drawn out stories, knowing i would have to wait Feb 2010 for the conclusion would test my patience.

Be very interesting to see where the story goes after here
skyshadowprimus
Fuzor

Postby Overloaded » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:38 am

Is this the final story from Furman . I hope not
Overloaded
Combiner
News Credits: 2

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:21 pm

Overloaded wrote:Is this the final story from Furman . I hope not

Not at all, Furman is staying on for a while yet.

Just my two cents, but I think that it is highly likely that Sideswipe and DoubleDealer are the other two Spotlight candidates, although Sideswipe would seem a trifle "obvious", I think he is still far more likely to get a spotlight over Red Alert.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #25 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Perlin (W) Macchio 230915O"
TRANSFORMERS THE M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1123IM345 4D (CA) Greene"
TRANSFORMERS #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #41 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220489 41RI (CA) Samu"
TRANSFORMERS #41 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM456 2A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS + MY LITTLE PONY #3 IDW Comics 2020 MAR200693 (CA) Fleecs"
TRANSFORMERS + MY ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207C"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ART TREVOR HUTCHISON #0 All Hail Megatron IDW Comics 2009"
Transformers ART T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JAN210500 2RI 220427"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr D Image Comics 2023 0923IM827 (CA) LaRosa"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222B"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr E 1:10 Connecting Image Comics 2023 0823IM290 1E (CA)Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM892 (CA) Cižmešija"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #2 4t ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAR210485 4A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON