This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro Buys Media Licences From TV Loonland

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Hasbro Buys Media Licences From TV Loonland

Postby Raymond T. » Wed May 14, 2008 4:33 am

TV Loonland has broken the news on their website that they have sold their media licences for many of the classic cartoon series in their "Hasbro Classics Library", including the original Transformers and G.I. Joe series, to none other than Hasbro themselves for the sum of 7 million US Dollars. In 2000 TV loonland had bought Sunbow productions who together with Sony owned the media rights of the cartoon show for many of the territories outside of the United States. The article does state that TV Loonland will continue to work with Hasbro in regards to these propoties in the future.

"As we deliver new immersive entertainment experiences to audiences worldwide, it was extremely important that we had the rights to fully control the usage of our intellectual properties. Entertainment is becoming increasingly important in helping us to strengthen and build our brands globally, and this will enable us to engage consumers in new and exciting ways".

Supplemental:
To answer some questions, If the article on the TV Loonland site is correct, this deal is ONLY for the so called "Hasbro Classic Library". This would mean only shows like G1 Transformers, G.I. Joe, Jem, Inhumanoids and so forth. This might also include G2, since it is basically a reworked G1 show. But this DOES NOT include the japanese series, Scramble City, HeadMasters, MasterForce, Victory or Zone. Neither does that mean any other Transformers series.

The TV Loonland also only covers territories outside of the US, like the UK, europe and South America. The media licence for release in the US still belongs to Sony as far as we know.

The only real change with the shifting of ownership of these rights is that TV Loonland will now most likely act a middleman between Hasbro and companies like Metrodome, who actually produce the titles. The consumer should not be effected by this change.
Last edited by Raymond T. on Wed May 14, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Re: Hasbro Buys Media Licences From TV Loonland

Postby Elita One » Wed May 14, 2008 5:00 am

Motto: "I will chop your head off!- Axe Cop"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Would have been nice for em to get Jem as well. But I hope that Gi Joe get a dvd re-release would be nice to own all the eps of it. Only have a handful on a lousy set that was released in Australia back in 2006.
DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.
http://www.****.tumblr.com
Elita One
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Watch Elita One on YouTube
Buy from Elita One on eBay

Postby Zeds » Wed May 14, 2008 9:05 am

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Hasbro is not stupid. They know a cash cow when they see it. Unlike that Easy Bake oven fiasco that ruined their bottom line last year. Shows like TFs and GI Joe are, dare I say it, IMMORTAL! :D
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Blurrz » Wed May 14, 2008 9:15 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
That's good news. Hopefully old TF shows will show-up again. I remember a couple years ago YTV played Beast Wars at night.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby dragons » Wed May 14, 2008 9:39 am

gi joe had a dvd release of the serise how many im unsure of it was like the transfomres generation box sets they very popular and sold out at stores but didnt last very long one time deal kinda of way you can still get them on amazon, and ebay if you look for tehm
thats why im so excited about the live action movie of gijoe no matter how good or bad it is there may be chance that there wil a rerealese of the boxsets themselves.

still waiting for the relrelase of the generation 1 box sets anyone know whats going on with them or was that just a rumor thats long and fogotten i heard there they where remaking them not with rhino logo but with another company affilated with the series this time new or info on it?

off topic gijoe dvd series box set season 1 part 1

http://www.amazon.com/G-I-Joe-Season-Part-1/dp/B00014NECG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1210780027&sr=1-2

heres one for jem if there avalibel in the us they should be avalible to ge where you live as well.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby muswp1 » Wed May 14, 2008 2:41 pm

Weapon: Double-Barreled Assault Missile Launcher
I'm only suprised it took Hasbro so long to get the rights to those shows. I am guessing that the Beast series might be next on their list.
"Why do so many people need help? Life's not that complicated. You get up, go to work, eat three meals, take one good s***, and go back to bed. What's the f***ing mystery?" - George Carlin - Complaints & Grievances
muswp1
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 3
Buy from muswp1 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed May 14, 2008 5:09 pm

Very smart business move.

I'm actually a little surprised that Hasbro took so long to buy the licenses.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Izanami » Wed May 14, 2008 5:18 pm

That Jem dvd cover is frightening. Very frightening.
Izanami
Minibot

Postby B.K. » Sat May 24, 2008 11:23 am

TvShowsOnDVD.com talked to Hasbro about buying the licenses.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Transf ... wered/9692
B.K.
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #7 Cvr D RI 1:10 IDW Comics JAN231640 7D 7RI (CA) Qualano"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #3 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics FEB230374 3A MOTU Nunez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr K 1:10 character Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240198 3K (CA) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JUL221656 1RI (CA) Myer"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST DAY SPECIAL #1 Cvr E 1:50 IDW Comics FEB231514 1E Escorzas"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #149 Cvr B IDW Comics 2024 JAN241248 149B Turtles Ongoing (CA) Eastman"
NEW!
TMNT #149 Cvr B ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #4 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 JUL229232 4C (CA) Eastman"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #5 Cvr E 1:50 RI IDW Comics MAY231429 5E Sakai"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #4 Cvr E RI 1:50 IDW Comics APR231599 4E (CA) Moore"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #2 Cvr D IDW Comics 2023 JUN231495 2D (CA) Gorham"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #8 Cvr C IDW Comics FEB231508 8C (CA) Eastman + Federici"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME ALLIANCE #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 4RI NOV221622 (CA)Santolouco"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #3 Cvr B IDW Comics NOV221625 3B (CA)Eastman + Bishop"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #4 Cvr D RI 1:25 IDW Comics APR231598 4D (CA) Moore"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON