This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers spoof on Simpsons next Sunday

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers spoof on Simpsons next Sunday

Postby Bed Bugs » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:24 pm

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Commercials plugging this year's Simpson's Tree House of Horror have been showing up on Fox showing clips from the episode. Of interest, one of the stories is a spoof of Transformers. The episode debuts on Fox on Sunday, November 2 in the US at 8 pm Eastern, 7 Central. The episode should also be available online after it debuts on television. Check Fox.com after November 2 if you miss it to view it online. Make sure to let us know what you think of it after it shows!
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Gestalt
News Credits: 349
Alt Mode: A Bed Bug
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers spoof on Simpsons next Sunday

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:44 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
A spoof of the film, or of Tranformers in general?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Keeperofthespark » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:08 pm

It's of the film, this news was posted a while back.

SPOILERS-
The spoof will be about Bart getting a toy for christmas, what he doesn't know is that it's a transformer.
Keeperofthespark
Fuzor

Postby Raphael Prime » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:30 pm

Weapon: Energy Shurikens
I think it's a mix of a spoof of the movie and the franchise in general. Because from what i saw in the commercial during the Panthers game, Optimus looked pretty G1-ish.
"And i can't be happier having a seasoned law enforcement official working the case for me. Just attack it. Like you're hungry. Like the wolf"
Raphael Prime
Targetmaster

Postby Ratman_tf » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:45 pm

Ugh. Is this going to be more "Trans-Clown-O-Morphs"?

Like Simpsons have any moral high ground to be preachy.
Ratman_tf
Micromaster

Postby Bumblebeast » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:41 pm

It's the Simpsons. Being in the Simpsons is good, like being at Late Night with Conan O'Brien. It means that you are something at the media.
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby Heavy B » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
bitchtastic
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Sledge » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:27 pm

Bumblebeast wrote:It's the Simpsons. Being in the Simpsons is good, like being at Late Night with Conan O'Brien. It means that you are something at the media.

It used to be good. Now it's just disappointing, and leaves you thinking "Oh. I guess that's alright. I was just kind of hoping we'd get on Family Guy."
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby Wheeljack35 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:06 pm

It looks like more of a spoof of G1
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Zek Patterson » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:35 pm

Optimus was already on Family Guy, he's jewish. Soundwave was on once. He works in the brewery and met his wife in a christian chatroom.
Zek Patterson
Minibot

Postby Badass Grimlock » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:17 am

Motto: "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
Weapon: Triple Crusher Cannon
Yep. It's recording on my TV.

SPOILER ALERT!

Nacho TF at the Quik-E-Mart crying nacho cheese tears.

TFs playing foozball(Or whatever the hell it's called) with the Simpsons as the people.

Homer's car is Optimus Prime!...

and Homer comes out of Prime's butthole.
My Blog!
Also formerly Starscream-dude, Toruk Makto,and Sackjack (but only briefly.)
Badass Grimlock
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: ???
Skill: 7

Postby Wheeljack35 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:34 pm

I love that Prime bot taking on tghe Megatron bot
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Keeperofthespark » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:17 pm

It was funny, but dissapointing, guess my expectatiosn were too high here.
Keeperofthespark
Fuzor

Postby First-Aid » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:50 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I agree...was a little disappointing. I liked the obvious G1 homages but overall very meh. Just reminded me of why I really don't like the Simpsons and really never have.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Darth Bombshell » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:40 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
The funniest part was the obvious homage between the fight scene between Homer and Flanders' car, which happen to look like G1 Prime and Megs.

But other than that...yeah. Epic fail, really.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Dreadwinglord » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:08 am

I thought it was pretty cool.
Dreadwinglord
Minibot

Postby Galvatron628 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:31 am

Colts and Patriots game was on so obviously I was watching that. But I DVR'd Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad.

I always loved the Treehouse of Horrors episodes of the simpsons. But last years sucked and so did this years. That Episode was a true waste of my time. Me and my wife erased it immediatly after watching it.

Honestly in the past 10 years the only good thing the Simpsons has produced is the movie. Why this show is still on the air I have no idea. Its way past its prime, and I think its rediculous that after 20 years the characters still haven't aged one bit! I mean if their was no continuity to the show it would be fine, but theres the sideshow bob storyline, and Mod Flanders dieing, etc.

Also the voice actors are getting like $400,000 an episode which is just absurd! I can't believe Futurama, Groenings BETTER show got canceled but the Simpsons lives on way past its prime! Seriously pull the plug already! Family Guy and American Dad > The Simpsons!
Galvatron628
Headmaster Jr

Postby Nickolai » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:45 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vWbx5uVfpI

Crappy quality, but what can ya do? The only one I could find in my lazy state.

Freedom is the right of all sentient MISBeings.
Nickolai
Headmaster
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 9

Postby dragons » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:03 am

that election clip was on youtube month before this was aird on tv strange ha foosball, made the naco machine cry haha master piece prime with attitude.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Venomous Prime » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:03 am

Motto: "You don't know peace until you've had suffering"
Weapon: Double Venom Lasers
The election sketch was the only decent part of the show. I don't even know why I bothered watching it.

Family Guy and King of The Hill were awesome though
Venomous Prime
Faction Commander
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Uber Galvatron » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:05 am

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-iHRPNwP9Q

Heres one in better quality.

It pretty much was FAIL!
I'm sure if the a Transformers spoof was done in a Futurama episode it may of been more funnier.

This is the 3rd spoof that i can recall that the Simpsons have done on the Transformers.
1-Transformer intro joke(Pretty Bad)
2-Trans-Clown-A-Morphs(Sucked Ass)
3-Transformera Halloween spoof(Even worse)

As you can see they get worse as they go along,

Another show, Family Guy has also released some Transformers Jokes
1-Optimus Prime being Jewish.
2-Soundwave working in a Brewery.
These are not hilarious but not bad either.

I'm sure this other video on Youtube can some up on how annoying The Simpsons is getting.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EZjZzpSG-Jk

So before I go as insane as Animated Blitzwing, I'm just going to leave off with this message;
The Simpsons are DEAD! They were funny the first 100 times but now they are getting old. Pull the plug on them and please, for the sake of Primus. BRING BACK FUTURAMA, it was funnier, could pull of twice as many jokes with it's Future intake, and didnt get repetitive (mainly because it only had 72 episodes and 4 movies and The Simpsons have had 424 including this).

As you can see, I've been on Wikipedia.
Uber Galvatron
Minibot

Postby Skullgrin140 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:02 pm

The Transformers spoof was okay, other than that the episode just sucked. The Simpsons really needs to stop now.
Skullgrin140
Brainmaster

Postby Newtilator » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:02 am

Uber Galvatron wrote:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-iHRPNwP9Q

Heres one in better quality.

It pretty much was FAIL!
I'm sure if the a Transformers spoof was done in a Futurama episode it may of been more funnier.

This is the 3rd spoof that i can recall that the Simpsons have done on the Transformers.
1-Transformer intro joke(Pretty Bad)
2-Trans-Clown-A-Morphs(Sucked Ass)
3-Transformera Halloween spoof(Even worse)

As you can see they get worse as they go along,

Another show, Family Guy has also released some Transformers Jokes
1-Optimus Prime being Jewish.
2-Soundwave working in a Brewery.
These are not hilarious but not bad either.

I'm sure this other video on Youtube can some up on how annoying The Simpsons is getting.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EZjZzpSG-Jk

So before I go as insane as Animated Blitzwing, I'm just going to leave off with this message;
The Simpsons are DEAD! They were funny the first 100 times but now they are getting old. Pull the plug on them and please, for the sake of Primus. BRING BACK FUTURAMA, it was funnier, could pull of twice as many jokes with it's Future intake, and didnt get repetitive (mainly because it only had 72 episodes and 4 movies and The Simpsons have had 424 including this).

As you can see, I've been on Wikipedia.

Just being nerdy here, but in an episode where Stewie is afraid of the tooth fairy he gets his toys and says-
"Spongebob you take the east, Starscream you take the west, and man-e-faces, you take the center, since you have..er..many faces."
He has toys of all those characters but their changed slightly to avoid copyright. Starscream has Golden armour. Peter must be really cheap to get his son toys from the 80's...
Oh, and Futurama rocks the hardest. Especially the new movies. The Simpsons has jumped the shark really. Come on! Theres only so many interesting things an ordinary family can do on TV! FUTURAMA! YEEAHH!!
I am a very disgruntled Brit.

Newtilator
Fuzor

Postby Burn » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:00 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
And even though people thought it was bad ... it still delivered good ratings.

Fox's annual Treehouse of Horror episode of "The Simpsons" gave the veteran animated comedy its best rating for a regular episode in nearly five years.

"The Simpsons" was seen by 12.5 million viewers and received a 6.2 preliminary rating among adults 18-49 (check out the video of Homer trying to vote for Barack Obama). That provided a high tentpole for the network's Sunday night lineup and marked Fox's highest-rated nonsports telecast this season. "King of the Hill" (8.6 million, 4.3), "Family Guy" (10 million, 5.0) and "American Dad" (7.2, 3.7) likewise posted season-high numbers. Fox’s lineup was aided by some NFL overrun in the 7 p.m. hour.

Fox was in first place for the evening in the preliminary ratings, beating NBC's "Sunday Night Football" (14.2 million, 5.3) coverage of the New England Patriots vs. Indianapolis Colts -- up 60% from the modestly rated Seahawks vs. Buccaneers game two weeks ago. The overall Fox vs. NBC horserace could change in the nationals later today, though Fox expects "The Simpsons" to remain the highest-rated program of the night.

ABC was third with on par numbers for "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" (11.7 million, 3.8), "Desperate Housewives" (15.8 million, 5.8) and "Brothers & Sisters" (9.7 million, 3.4).

That left CBS to fall to fourth place, the odd man out against steeper competition this week. "Amazing Race" (9.8 million, 2.8) hit a season low, while "Cold Case" (11.6 million, 2.6) and "The Unit" (9.0 million, 2.3) declined from last week. In the 7 p.m. hour, "60 Minutes" (14.4 million, 2.7) performed strong considering it lacked a football lead-in this round.

The CW's MRC block, after rising last week, fell back to its prior lows, averaging 750,000 viewers and a 0.2 rating for the evening.

Source: THRFeed.com
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Galvatron628 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:14 am

The Simpsons are bad these days... that "handy dandy guide to the simpsons" was spot on. WTF is with the plot changes? Every new episode anyway, it starts with one thing, then goes off on a tangent in some completely different direction. Every now and then something funny comes up and I laugh at it, but its very rare these days. I'm sure a lot of people tuned in yesturday to the simpsons just like me, because I always liked the treehouse of horrors episodes, but I do not normally tune in. I catch re-runs while I eat dinner every night, but I don't tune in to the new episodes, I'm typically watching Sunday Night Football.

Family Guy and American Dad both made up for how disappointing Simpsons was. I remember the glory days, when the shows were funny, and I remember the T-shirts, video games, memorabilia that was selling off the shelves. I was about 9 years old at the time, in fact it was 1989. I'd say somewhere in between 1996-1998 Simpsons stopped being funny and went to its current format, where they must bring in some celebrity to make sure the show still has ratings.

I really don't get the Fox Network. They either run something into the ground, and then keep running it, or they cancel things that are funny as hell. Futurama was a good case for that. How about Grounded for life? Also funny as hell and it got canceled. Hell Family guy's been canceled what 3 times?
Galvatron628
Headmaster Jr

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETRITUS Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Hasbro 2023 New"
DETRITUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IGUANUS Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
IGUANUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON