This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

CBR Interview with AHM writer Shane McCarthy

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

CBR Interview with AHM writer Shane McCarthy

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:00 am

Comic Book Resources have posted an interview with the IDW writer Shane McCarthy.

McCarthy is responsible for titles such as the current IDW flagship title All Hail Megatron and Spotlight: Blurr.

In the interview with Comic Book Resources, McCarthy discusses All Hail Megatron, not only the story thus far, but events and processes that occurred while pitching the series to IDW's Chris Ryall, and also talks about his all new Transformers character Drift.

Also included as an added bonus are a few pages of art from released issues, preview pages of coloured art from the upcoming All Hail Megatron #6, featuring some yet to be seen (in AHM) Autobots, as well as some design art for one of those Autobots.

To check out the full interview with Shane McCarthy,as well as the full coloured art, please click here.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: CBR Interview with AHM writer Shane McCarthy

Postby The Chronic » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:14 am

still reading the interview, any idea who the big guy is?(in the pic with all the bots)
StealthPrime-91 wrote:I swear if I had £1 for everytime someone complimented Chronic's penis I would be freakin' rich!
The Chronic
Headmaster

Postby MYoung23 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:27 am

The big guy I believe is Roadbuster. A bot that looks like him is seen in Stormbringer #2

From left to right I see: Blurr, Perceptor, Kup, Blaster, Springer and Drift.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby The Chronic » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:43 am

Roadbuster.. I guess that makes sense, wonder where the rest of the Wreckers are? (apart from Springer who is obviously right next to him)
StealthPrime-91 wrote:I swear if I had £1 for everytime someone complimented Chronic's penis I would be freakin' rich!
The Chronic
Headmaster

Postby steve2275 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:52 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
MYoung23 wrote:The big guy I believe is Roadbuster. A bot that looks like him is seen in Stormbringer #2

the new wreckers :lol:
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby The Chronic » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:12 am

steve2275 wrote:
MYoung23 wrote:The big guy I believe is Roadbuster. A bot that looks like him is seen in Stormbringer #2

the new wreckers :lol:

There is no way Perceptor is cut out for the wreckers, then again they made wheele a bit of a bad ass...
The Chronic
Headmaster

Postby DSanza » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:58 am

The panels showing Soundwave unleash Frenzy are my favorite part of the story to date. Frenzy is absolutely psychotic. As Soundwave watches his tortured creation running off his chain, he almost looks pleased. If he was willing to do this to one minion, what did he do to the others? Once again, my favorite TF shows that he is one scary guy.
DSanza
Micromaster

Postby dragons » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:10 am

i like that every step the big bot makes he makes sparks how does he not get stuck in the doorway.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby buddhaquest » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Motto: ""If you're not early, you're late.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
I am loving this storyline so far. I'll come out and say it, I am a Furman-hater and anything he's NOT involved in, I'll read.

Keep up the great work Mr. McCarthy.
These little words are having sex with your eyeballs
buddhaquest
Fuzor
Buy from buddhaquest on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby ponycorn » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:46 pm

"Like I said before, I wanted to ask what was the worst thing that could happen and, for Megatron, I think that’s actually winning. You’ve got a race of bloodthirsty killers and then all of a sudden no real opposition. What do you do? Starscream’s motivations play an immense part in this series. Will we see some backstabbing and undermining? Yes. But not in the way you might expect." SM

...in short, he intends to spoil us rotten.
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby i_amtrunks » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:22 pm

ponycorn wrote:"Like I said before, I wanted to ask what was the worst thing that could happen and, for Megatron, I think that’s actually winning. You’ve got a race of bloodthirsty killers and then all of a sudden no real opposition. What do you do? Starscream’s motivations play an immense part in this series. Will we see some backstabbing and undermining? Yes. But not in the way you might expect." SM

...in short, he intends to spoil us rotten.

If he even gets to show us any kind of Star-scheming in his 12 issues... it has taken him 4 to tell us what could have been wrapped up in 2 or less.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby T-Macksimus » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:52 pm

This will probably have a slow build like the GI Joe 12 issue World War Three series that just concluded with Devils Due Publishing. The last 5 issues was where it all started coming together and the last 3 especially were the "send your brain reeling" issues. Although AHM started out with the brain reeling and just continues to improve so I am sure that the Starscream/Megs dynamic will evolve well and do so long before the final 2 issues.
I also think that whatever previous conceptions we may have had about the Autobots beloved "pencil neck scientist" Perceptor are going to be a thing of the past. That rifle he's sporting does NOT look like it has a "Stun" setting. The guy strikes me as a good candidate for "Sniper" position.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOAH DIAZ EXO-SUIT Transformers Studio Series Core Class DÍAZ Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOAH DIAZ EXO-SUIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series 100 Deluxe ROTB Rise Beasts Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON