This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

MOSC Pic of Fully Painted Universe Cyclonus & More..

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

MOSC Pic of Fully Painted Universe Cyclonus & More..

Postby Down_Shift » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:31 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
TF08 have done it again by bringing us yet another first glimps.

Not only do they have many more pictures of a fully painted Universe Cyclonus, but they also have a picture of the figure mint on sealed card (MOSC) featuring the 25th Anniversary logo for our viewing pleasure.

They also give us a little preview taste of yet another up coming and anticipated Transformers figure: Animated Blurr!

To see all the pictures of Cyclonus, click here

Both Universe Cyclonus and Animated Blurr are due out late December - early January.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: MOSC Pic of Fully Painted Universe Cyclonus & More..

Postby Sledge » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:37 pm

Ooh, nice lightpiping on Cyclonus. Wanted him anyway, but these pics are making me more secure in that decision.
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:42 pm

Weapon: Sword
The paint looks better and the mold is awesome. This one may be worthy of the Takara purchase though (if they get the colors perfect).
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Firebird » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:46 pm

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
Cyclonus looks amazing, And I'm glad Nightstick is fully painted.

Can't wait to add him to my collection.
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby Maldroth » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:09 pm

Cyclonus looks damn awesome. I think that might be my favorite Universe figure to date. I love how Nightstick turned out.

So question would you guys re-buy Rodimus if his Targetmaster partner was included?
Maldroth
Headmaster Jr

Postby Sledge » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:11 pm

God no. It's not like the figure really has the arm articulation to make that worthwhile.

I would be interested in a pack of Targetmaster partners sold seperately. Like Minicons, but good.
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby -L- » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:35 pm

weren't there like 3 packs of target master minicons during armada?
-L-
Mini-Con

Postby Solrac333 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:47 pm

The legs look skinny but I still want Cyclonus.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby ultra_magus » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:19 am

Motto: "Mercy? You want mercy?! I'M CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!"
Weapon: Arm-Mounted Magnetic-Lock Destabilizer Cannon
...why is Cyclonus pantsless?
Mercy? You want MERCY?! I'M CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!
ultra_magus
Minibot
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Bonger » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:21 am

I'd be interested in a multipack of reissued g1 headmaster heads and target master weapons...finding them at a decent price is driving me bannanas. :-(

Cyclonus does look nifty. Can't wait to add him to Galv, and Scourge.
Bonger
City Commander

Postby Hard Hacker » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:59 am

So this is what the production run version looks like.

I want to see if his bio says he likes to "Bust Autobot Headmasters" better than busting heads. That would make me giddy.
Hard Hacker
Headmaster Jr

Postby Delta Supreme » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:12 am

L:

Yeah, there was a set of "targetmaster" minicons released in Armada...

And they were re-released as Autobots during Energon (came as the other minicon with the Decep. Energon Saber repaint)...

However, 2 of the 3 (the fire truck & the Osprey) can only attach in weapon mode via Mini-con hardpoints, meaning that they can't interact with 90% of the current lines...
Delta Supreme
Micromaster

Postby Diem » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:37 am

Cyclonus does rock. Bet you 1000 yen that the henkei version'll be better though.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby dragons » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:21 am

2.) Why did you choose that particular deco for Universe 2.0 Deluxe Cyclonus and Nightstick, which differs radically from the prototype? Many fans liked the purple prototype.

2) Sometimes test shots come in and all of the molds are not cast in the correct colors. But that's why test shots exist, so that we can catch those problems before the toy is produced. In this example, an image of a Cyclonus testshot was released and fans had issues. But rest assured, the mold is going to remain purple and match the initial prototype image.

i see nothing differnt he looks the same at least his mini con is painted at least

or is this still the prototype figure & there still working on the changes for cyclnous?

4.) Why the baby blue for Universe 2.0 Ironhide's face? It was originally silver, which was correct. It changed from proto to production to baby-blue. Ironically Robot Heroes Ironhide came out at the same time, he had the correct silver face. Why the difference?

4) It's supposed to be silver. When I last saw the final paint on the figure it was silver. But somehow in the development process, someone somewhere picked up a blue brush instead of the silver one. We are currently making a "running change" on the face so future Ironhides will
be correct.

does this mean if this is the offical cyclnous thats going to be released in stores that there not going to fix ironhide's face?
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Down_Shift » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:35 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
dragons wrote:i see nothing differnt he looks the same at least his mini con is painted at least

or is this still the prototype figure & there still working on the changes for cyclnous?

No there are a few changes paint wise to the mould. More noticalbly, the nose cone.

dragons wrote: does this mean if this is the offical cyclnous thats going to be released in stores that there not going to fix ironhide's face?

Sure it does. They are doing a running change. Cyclonus hasn't been released yet so they are taking care of the problem before the release date.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Speed: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby rhinox555 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:19 am

There's no way they'll get his color scheme right before release.
He's dark purple instead of the classic Bright blue with a touch of purpliness. (it is SO a word) Now, i could live with the purple if it was G1 Galvatron purple and if those wings weren't white and red. (wtf is up with that?)
However, the mold looks absolutely perfect, a little bit oddly proportioned legs but still the best deluxe mold ever in my opinion.
So, i'll keep the Hasbro version as one of his armada-bots, and have a spare nightstick for an other bot that was a targetmaster in G1, and i'll see if the Henkei one looks any better. (Though quality control on Henkei is disgustingly low, even compared to Hasbro's recent slip-ups)
And if all else fails, repaint one myself. (Even though i shouldn't have to,y'know?)
-Decepticon Rhinox of Transtopia
rhinox555
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Sledge » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:22 am

You do realise that this is going for the colour scheme of the toy, not the "where the hell did they get those colours from?" of the movie? So reign in your indignation, Hasbro aren't doing this to annoy you.
Sledge
Gestalt

Postby munkimus prime » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:28 am

Motto: "I dislike fools and villains. And you seem to be both."
Weapon: Arm-Mounted Magnetic-Lock Destabilizer Cannon
Cyclonus you will be mine. I like the fully colored Nightstick.
99th Generation Dimensional Robo Commander, Great Daiearth
munkimus prime
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Watch munkimus prime on YouTube
Strength: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby dragons » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:09 pm

oh thats good news when i saw that picture of him in the package and the title fully painted cyclonus i wasnt sure if its still in prototype stage or working on him still with colors.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Blurrz » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:41 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Nightstick... Hawt damn. Goes good with Cyclonus.

TFA Blurr.. well damn. I always thought he looked too similar to Lockdown. But hey, it's definitely steppin out, and I can't wait to get it into my collection!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Diem » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:45 am

"I must buy this Cyclonus! Oh noes they screwed up his colours! Oh wait they made his colours okay again."
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby breakthru » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:22 pm

This does look better, but I'll still be waiting for the Henkei version in January :)
breakthru
Micromaster

Postby Sledge » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:30 pm

Are there pictures of the Henkei version yet?
Sledge
Gestalt

Postby breakthru » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:25 pm

I don't think so. It's just that I'm anticipating a better paint job, plus the fact that I have collected all the Henkei line so far and have preferred them to the US versions.
breakthru
Micromaster

Postby diosoth » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:00 pm

Maldroth wrote:Cyclonus looks damn awesome. I think that might be my favorite Universe figure to date. I love how Nightstick turned out.

So question would you guys re-buy Rodimus if his Targetmaster partner was included?

Any excuse for Hasbro to re-release much ANY of the first wave Classics toys is fine by me, Hot Rod especially. Paying $25 for Henkei or $30 for Classics doesn't sit well with me.
proudly banned from deviantART.com
proudly banned from AllSpark.com
will be proudly banned from here by morning
now to work on a FurAffinity ban

http://diosoth.net46.net
diosoth
Micromaster

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B 0124IM239 (CA) Azaceta"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #35 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JUL210494 35RI (CA) Gauntt (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #35 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 1RI (CA) Pitre-Durocher 230124"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231222I"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926Q"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WAR'S END #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 DEC210547 1B (CA) Lawrence"
Transformers WAR'S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220495 War's End 2B (CA) Deer"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0723IM409 4D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A 1223IM259 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #24 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 AUG200535 24B (CA) Goux"
TRANSFORMERS #24 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 APR221597 2A (CA) Roche"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220442 War's End 3A (CA) Piriz"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #13 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 DEC210543 13A (CA) SidVenBlu"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230376 3B (CA) Harren (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON