This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Fan Custom Made Takara Style MP-3 Starscream Package Set

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Fan Custom Made Takara Style MP-3 Starscream Package Set

Postby coolpop » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:48 pm

Today I received a rather special item:

Custom Made Takara Style Masterpiece MP-3 Package Set

This set is made by a Chinese TF fan and he only produced 50 sets of them (probably all sold out now). The fixed selling price was RMB150, plus all shipping and fees, it came out to be around RMB314 (I used Airmail for international shipping from China to USA), and this is about US$47.50 shipped.

The purpose of this custom package set is to convert US Masterpiece Starscream into Takara style Masterpiece packaging. Unlike another MP Starscream custom package set seen last year on eBay that only comes with outside color box (you put the whole US MP Starscream w/ original package into this custom box), this new set actually comes complete with inner plastic clampshell tray, plastic nose & tail holder/divider, updated graphic/art instruction booklet & character card.

US Masterpiece Starscream & all accessories placed in the inner plastic clampshell tray

Side by side comparisons with origial Takara MP-3 Green Starscream:

Inner tray with toys & accessories

Color instruction booklet & character card (front). It's a pity that the creator decided to use actual toy shot instead of using toy art like the original booklet cover

Color instruction booklet & character card (back)

First two inside pages of instruction booklet

Front of box

Back of box

Top of box

Bottom of box

Side of box (both sides are the same)

Another comparison photo

Final comparison shot

Overall the quality of this custom package set is very good, I am very impressed with the extent of details the creator has paid attention to match with the original MP Starscream box and inserts (reshoot of the toy with correct position, angle, distance, light source, reflection, placement, art, font, color, etc.). I consider myself very fortunate to have the opportunity to purchase this custom box set, and it will surely add that extra specialty to my complete Masterpiece collection. I will later find time to pull all my Masterpieces out for a big group shot, maybe after MP-8 Grimlock arrives.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers!
Coolpop
coolpop
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Re: Fan Custom Made Takara Style MP-3 Starscream Package Set

Postby Tekka » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:51 pm

Motto: "I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now!"
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Phenomenal work! If I were an MP collector I'd invest in this.
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 2

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:24 pm

What a cool idea.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby kirbenvost » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:03 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Wow, definitely a very nice custom packaging set! Well worth it I'm sure. :)
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Firebird » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:19 pm

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
Only 50 of them produced, oh well looks like I missed the boat.

I would have totally bought this box, it looks very professional.
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby Narc » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:55 pm

Is this still available? Where?
Narc
Combiner
News Credits: 7

Postby coolpop » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:27 pm

So much for the 50 sets limited run, hahaha. I just found out the Chinese seller I bought from just put out 10 more sets for sale, I guess the creator saw both bigger demand and extra income, and he decided to pump out more.

Here's the Taobao link where I got the set from:
http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/item_detail-0db1-82d03a665234db05257adb1ca852196f.jhtml?pm1=1

It's a bit tricky to buy from these Chinese sources where they aren't set up from international buyers. I have US credit cards and US Paypal account, but they don't accept those. So the workaround method is to buy through a buying service agent, after researching I picked this major player called Panli (http://www.panli.com), set up an account with them and you can fund your account using your US credit cards and/or Paypal account. However the problem is both Panli and Taobao sites are all in Chinese language only, see if you can find a friend who can translate/walk them through for you.

Let me know if you have further question, I'll try my best to help.
coolpop
Headmaster Jr

Postby Narc » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:31 pm

I'll try it. Thanks!
Narc
Combiner

Postby Stormrider » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:27 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Nice review. Are all the pictures re-shot or are they photoshopped modified of MP-03?
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby dragons » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:46 pm

if it came with a starscream i tap that i mean buy that
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby coolpop » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:14 pm

Stormrider wrote:Nice review. Are all the pictures re-shot or are they photoshopped modified of MP-03?

Thanks! According to one of the associate creators, all pictures are re-shoots to exact match the originals. As for myself, I actually don't mind it either way, as long as the finished product is at this professional level, I am all in.
coolpop
Headmaster Jr

Postby Stormrider » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:28 pm

It would be cool if BBTS or one of the other online retailers had these in stock.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Bumblebeast » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:55 pm

It's... a box.
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby Harpua626 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:00 pm

its definitely a photoshop job. if you look at the box top, you can see a mistake in the where the color is. im a graphic designer so i can usually tell a doctored photo. still looks awesome though and would love to get ahold of one of them!
Harpua626
Mini-Con

Postby Starscream » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:05 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
OLD NEWS ALERT!!!!!!!!!

Any Starscream collector would tell you this is not really news. This has been available for sometime.

However, the comparison shots are quite nice and I thank you for that. Not sure why anyone would pay the $50+ they've been asking for this box though on ebay.
Starscream
Targetmaster
News Credits: 16
Watch Starscream on YouTube
Buy from Starscream on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Stormrider » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:30 pm

Starscream wrote:OLD NEWS ALERT!!!!!!!!!

Any Starscream collector would tell you this is not really news. This has been available for sometime.

However, the comparison shots are quite nice and I thank you for that. Not sure why anyone would pay the $50+ they've been asking for this box though on ebay.

This is the first time it's been posted. Don't get this box confused with the double box that appeared last year.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby coolpop » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:38 am

Stormrider wrote:

This is the first time it's been posted. Don't get this box confused with the double box that appeared last year.

Storm is absolutely correct!

There was another custom box which has been around quite some time on ebay last year (creator/seller was from Singapore, around $48 shipped), and it's double boxing which I personally didn't really prefer, that's why I didn't go for it.

This new custom box didn't get released until 12/13/2008, when ACToys member "36Zhen" (三十六针), who happens to be a good buddy of the creator "October's Fireworks" (十月の烟火), received his set fresh off the press and posted an introductory post on the forum (http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-319789-fpage-0-toread--page-1.html). I followed the given information, purchased through a buying service agent, which took longer for placing order, receiving order, repackaging, then relay the shipment to USA into my hands. I thought I should be amoung the first people (if not "THE" first) in USA to receive it, so please do not mistaken this for an old item/news.
Last edited by coolpop on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
coolpop
Headmaster Jr

Postby mandingo_rex » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:16 am

They did a pretty flawless job. I believe that they did reshoot the majority of it. They are SLIGHTLY off, but not enough that I'd notice without comparing side-by-side. Getting them repositioned like that must have been a pain.

Only 2 flaws that really stand out to me are the reflection of the foot on that marble-colored linoleum-looking base... The foot reflection is silver, not blue like the foot should be.

Other than that, the illustration should have been Photoshopped to match the new colors, if you ask me. All the other MPs have illustrations, not photos. That's the biggest turnoff of the whole set. Everything is topnotch though.
mandingo_rex
Mini-Con

Postby typh0id » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:54 am

Despite the fact that it looks very nice, I can't even begin to conceive of spending $50 on a BOX...

Not to mention the blatant copyright violations...I mean, I'm sure the laws on that are far looser over there but still...
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
typh0id
Brainmaster
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby Harpua626 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:36 am

coolpop wrote:
Stormrider wrote:

There was another custom box which has been around quite some time on ebay last year (creator/seller was from Singapore, it was around $35-$40 shipped, I don't remember exactly), and it's double boxing which I personally didn't really prefer, that's why I didn't go for it.

This new custom box didn't get released until 12/13/2008, when ACToys member "36Zhen" (三十六针), who happens to be a good buddy of the creator "October's Fireworks" (十月の烟火), received his set fresh off the press and posted an introductory post on the forum (http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-319789-fpage-0-toread--page-1.html). I followed the given information, purchased through a buying service agent, which took longer for placing order, receiving order, repackaging, then relay the shipment to USA into my hands. I thought I should be amoung the first people (if not "THE" first) in USA to receive it, so please do not mistaken this for an old item/news.

is that box the same size as the mp-3 greenscream box? would it fit the inserts that the takara mp seekers have or has the size been altered to bo closer to the hasbro/takara us mp screamer size?
Harpua626
Mini-Con

Postby Kique » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:32 am

Great job!And yeah maybe BBTS should think of staking up on a few of these :D

Subsiste Sermonem Statim
Kique
Minibot

Postby Serpent O - R » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:36 am

Bumblebeast wrote:It's... a box.

It's more than a box, it comes with a plastic tray and a magazine/instruction guide that is directly plagiarized from the original copyrighted material! By their own admission!!!

It used to be a joke, I thought, when these guys would say, "Warning, Seibertron contains Nuts."

edit: Just beat me to it, typh0id. Good call.
SlyTF1 wrote:I dont understand why the hell anyone would see a movie for the story, if you want a story, go read a f*ckin book.
Serpent O - R
Fuzor

Postby Narc » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:34 pm

Serpent O - R wrote:
Bumblebeast wrote:It's... a box.

It's more than a box, it comes with a plastic tray and a magazine/instruction guide that is directly plagiarized from the original copyrighted material! By their own admission!!!

It used to be a joke, I thought, when these guys would say, "Warning, Seibertron contains Nuts."

edit: Just beat me to it, typh0id. Good call.

You gotta admit that it looks great though. :D
Narc
Combiner

Postby soundwave13c » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:39 pm

Motto: "Cake is a lie, toast solves problems, and everyone loves pie!"
Weapon: Static Laser Gun
wow that is awesome! I would love to put a masterpiece in that if i had any!!! :-x
soundwave13c
Combiner
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10

Postby Stormrider » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Harpua626 wrote:
coolpop wrote:
Stormrider wrote:This is the first time it's been posted. Don't get this box confused with the double box that appeared last year.

There was another custom box which has been around quite some time on ebay last year (creator/seller was from Singapore, it was around $35-$40 shipped, I don't remember exactly), and it's double boxing which I personally didn't really prefer, that's why I didn't go for it.

is that box the same size as the mp-3 greenscream box? would it fit the inserts that the takara mp seekers have or has the size been altered to bo closer to the hasbro/takara us mp screamer size?

There are two different boxes. The box above is the old box that came out last year. Read the beginning of the thread to see and understand the new box.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Rock N Roll Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM896 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM898 (CA) Reilly"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr G Image Comics 2024 1G 1123IM203 Blank Sketch 240415A"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM476 5A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #9 RI 1:10 virgin IDW Comics 2009 JUL090906 9RI (CA) Atkins (W) Dixon"
GI JOE #9 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238040 (CA) Barry + Spicer"
VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM897 (CA) Lullabi (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #2 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM326 7A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222C"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM894 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM327 7B (CA) Bellegarde (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #18 IDW Comics 2012 210411A (CA) Loh (W) Dixon (A) Rosado"
GI JOE #18 IDW Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A 1223IM259 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON