This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Rumor: MP Megatron Returns to eBay

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Rumor: MP Megatron Returns to eBay

Postby Stormrider » Fri May 04, 2007 8:02 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Two weeks ago we reported here about eBay’s cancellation of the MP Megatron auctions. This was a huge blow on Transformers fans, who have waited years for a realistic Megatron/gun figure.

Seibertron.com has now received new information which indicates that Masterpiece Megatron may be returning to eBay, but with some changes. Seibertron.com member, Skywarp-2, has provided us with leads from an inside source at eBay. According to an eBay representative, MP Megatron was pulled from the online auctions because of a violation to their rules.

“Though the sale of MP Megatron does not in any way violate eBay policies, the exclusion of the orange tip and foreign sales of this toy do violate their rules and regulations…as well as cause complications with the U.S. laws.” – eBay rep

It appears that the whistle may have been blown when domestic sellers started complaining about the undercut of prices from international competitors.

eBay decided to cancel all the auctions until they can sort out the sellers that comply with their rules. Only MP Megaton’s that are sold within the U.S. and with an orange plug will be permitted on their online auctions. eBay will be issuing an announcement soon on their message boards…(no word yet on that date).
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri May 04, 2007 8:05 pm

How long before ebay relises G1 megatron also transforms into a gun without a nib .....?"
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby PrimulArchangel » Fri May 04, 2007 8:24 pm

What are they talking about ? MP megatron was always on there even when they were removing people auctions they were still poping up , here is two in the US without a plug and there seems to be more but i just pulled up these two and neither have plugs and both are in the US

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-MP-05- ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Master ... dZViewItem
Check Out My Site , www.PrimulArchangelboxes.com for cool custom WST boxes and some full size G1 repro boxes and more :)
PrimulArchangel
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby Emperor Primacron the 1st » Fri May 04, 2007 8:41 pm

So, does this mean they are gonna **** us over with G1 Megatrons, Brownings and give them the faggy orange cap as well?

I wonder what Yahoo! auctions are up to these days.....
Emperor Primacron the 1st
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Stormrider » Fri May 04, 2007 8:42 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
PrimulArchangel wrote:What are they talking about ? MP megatron was always on there even when they were removing people auctions they were still poping up , here is two in the US without a plug and there seems to be more but i just pulled up these two and neither have plugs and both are in the US

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-MP-05- ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Master ... dZViewItem

I agree. It does seem odd. I am not sure how eBay scans their online auctions and what they are exactly permitting.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Homer » Fri May 04, 2007 8:44 pm

Homer
Headmaster Jr

Postby Sunstar » Fri May 04, 2007 8:45 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Domestic sellers... like BBTS perhaps?
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Autobobby1 » Fri May 04, 2007 8:45 pm

Weapon: Gattling Gun
Whoop-dee-friggin-doo. Time for the anti-orange cap whiners to come out.
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
Autobobby1
Godmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby skywarp-2 » Fri May 04, 2007 8:50 pm

ITS HARD FOR EBAY TO CORRECTLY MONITOR EVEY AUCTION THAT GETS POSTED TO THEIR SITE, but from what i'm told they are trying to correct the problem and monitor whats being sold as closely as they can..but with new sellers coming on every day its hard for them to regulate..the fedral trade commision is coming down on them, and other retailers, hard core because of the infractions due to Out side US retailers selling on ebay unmodified Megatrons..It breaks the law.. and to be accurate some are still getting through, its a matter of reporting these infractions and auctions to ebay so they can correctly address their policies to the sellers involved.. though some sales may get through, most if caught will be cancelled..

honestly if you support ebay, the US laws, and like your MP Megatron, then its best that you support the orange cap, its easily removable, but if you buy MP Megatron with orange cap, then your buying it legally and can remove the orange cap anytime you want after you buy it..its not that bad, really.. and supporting the import of non modified Megatron to the US, though what everyone wants, warrants actions that may cause us to not get items like Megatron ever, even with the orange caps attached...

ebay asks anyone who has seen or has a deal that sports the MP Megatron without orange caps selling outside the US to report it to their departments that handle infractions so they can properly deal with those sellers and keep us with getting "Legal MP Megatrons"
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
http://capitalcomicsstudios.deviantart.com/
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/vi ... 27&t=56030
skywarp-2
Faction Commander
News Credits: 5

Postby SpacerAM2 » Fri May 04, 2007 9:59 pm

Well as long as those orange caps are removable. There's no problem.
SpacerAM2
Pretender

Re: Rumor: MP Megatron Returns to eBay

Postby Dead Metal » Sat May 05, 2007 2:30 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Stormrider wrote:.

eBay decided to cancel all the auctions until they can sort out the sellers that comply with their rules. Only MP Megaton’s that are sold within the U.S. and with an orange plug will be permitted on their online auctions. eBay will be issuing an announcement soon on their message boards…(no word yet on that date).

So we outsid the US are **** and will never get a MP Megatron with or without cap? Just becows a toy robot transforms into a toygun that is 3 times as big as a real one it's dangerus to the US, god bless america wer kids can get real guns and shoot echother with them but a toy is ilegal. #-o
Well I pitty everibody who hasn't got one, Iresived myn last week and he is sow awsom! :DANCE:

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby skywarp-2 » Sat May 05, 2007 8:05 am

Dead Metal wrote:

So we outsid the US are **** and will never get a MP Megatron with or without cap? Just becows a toy robot transforms into a toygun that is 3 times as big as a real one it's dangerus to the US, god bless america wer kids can get real guns and shoot echother with them but a toy is ilegal. #-o
Well I pitty everibody who hasn't got one, Iresived myn last week and he is sow awsom! :DANCE:

I think your confused, ebay USA is pulling the MP Megatrons that don't have safety plugs and are being sold by over seas vendors, there are seperate ebay accounts that are outside the US, like ebay europe, and ebay asia, ect.. ect.. and those accounts are allowed to sell and ship to overseas areas, but not to the USA. So, if you live outside the US, you can get an unmodified MP Megatron. But those sales to a US resident are the ones that ebay is trying to secure due to the US toy Gun regulations..But if you live here in the US, and buy a orange safety plug MP Megatron through a US seller on ebay, then its a completely legal transaction...

and as I said the plug is easily removable..it's not glued in, and its molded to fit snugly in the barrell, if you so choose to remove it, would only take a slight bit of pressure..
skywarp-2
Faction Commander

Postby Danish-Liokaiser » Sat May 05, 2007 8:55 am

How can they cancel an Oversized Walter? :-? ... hmmm
Danish-Liokaiser
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1

Postby Dead Metal » Sat May 05, 2007 9:12 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
skywarp-2 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:

I think your confused, ebay USA is pulling the MP Megatrons that don't have safety plugs and are being sold by over seas vendors, there are seperate ebay accounts that are outside the US, like ebay europe, and ebay asia, ect.. ect.. and those accounts are allowed to sell and ship to overseas areas, but not to the USA. So, if you live outside the US, you can get an unmodified MP Megatron. But those sales to a US resident are the ones that ebay is trying to secure due to the US toy Gun regulations..But if you live here in the US, and buy a orange safety plug MP Megatron through a US seller on ebay, then its a completely legal transaction...

and as I said the plug is easily removable..it's not glued in, and its molded to fit snugly in the barrell, if you so choose to remove it, would only take a slight bit of pressure..

Oh #-o OK so misunderstued, it's just that I culden't find any anymore on ebay.de. sorry :oops:

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sat May 05, 2007 12:50 pm

This is good, I got mine right before they got pulled, but I know so many didn't.

Just a heads up though, if you haven't gotten him yet, wait for the hype to die and the price to go down. With the lack of die-cast, and the shear fagility of this figure the $110 price mark is far to much in my opinion.

It is a detailed transformation, and pays a great homage to the G1 figure, but hold MP-Prime in one hand and MP-Megatron in the other. You can feel the difference in quality. I understand die-cast is expensive, hence we get cheap plastic, but that price difference should reflect in the product as well.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby skywarp-2 » Sat May 05, 2007 2:37 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:This is good, I got mine right before they got pulled, but I know so many didn't.

Just a heads up though, if you haven't gotten him yet, wait for the hype to die and the price to go down. With the lack of die-cast, and the shear fagility of this figure the $110 price mark is far to much in my opinion.

It is a detailed transformation, and pays a great homage to the G1 figure, but hold MP-Prime in one hand and MP-Megatron in the other. You can feel the difference in quality. I understand die-cast is expensive, hence we get cheap plastic, but that price difference should reflect in the product as well.

I agree, there are certain areas of the MP Megatron that could have benefited from an increase or substitution of diecast, like for instance the pegs that hold the shoulders onand the pegs that hold the back flaps on, as well as some areas around the stomach and torso.. he does feel fragile so i would certainly handle him with care..but I still love that figure regardless of the lack of diecast.. i just hope someone casts the peg parts in diecast as replacement parts so the pieces I mentioned can be reattached if broken..
skywarp-2
Faction Commander

Postby Duo Prime » Sat May 05, 2007 3:23 pm

Is there no die-cast at all?
Duo Prime
Fuzor

Postby SpacerAM2 » Sat May 05, 2007 3:53 pm

Excellent idea my dear Skywarp it's your forte! I can benefit from it too. :grin:
SpacerAM2
Pretender

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sat May 05, 2007 7:20 pm

skywarp-2 wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:This is good, I got mine right before they got pulled, but I know so many didn't.

I agree, there are certain areas of the MP Megatron that could have benefited from an increase or substitution of diecast, like for instance the pegs that hold the shoulders onand the pegs that hold the back flaps on, as well as some areas around the stomach and torso.. he does feel fragile so i would certainly handle him with care..but I still love that figure regardless of the lack of diecast.. i just hope someone casts the peg parts in diecast as replacement parts so the pieces I mentioned can be reattached if broken..

True, those pads would be awesome in metal!

But why stop there!?!

The barrel, and chest would be perfect areas for an upgrade. Also, the trigger sections and the silver stripes running down the fronts of the legs would benifit from die-cast.

I think the added weight would help alot of the balance issues this figure has as the legs constantly shift.

Another thing that bothers me on this figure are the twig legs. I understand why they had to do it, but then they put those pannels(which pop off just as easy as the shoulders) on him.

Take the back pannels on the lower legs, extend their hinges and they could have very easily had those wrap around to fill in the lower legs.

As for the large ones that hange off the waste, they could have put a few hinges their to help fill out the upper legs and pelvis.

Now don't get me wrong, he is a great figure, but for the money I payed, he should be much better. Even the head, since it folds in on itself, there is no reason why they couldn't extend the brow of the helmit alittle to make it less flat. Also, with the G1 helmit hanging off his back, it would have been nice if they incorporated that too.

MP-05 Megatron is an achivement, but I'm hoping for an Ultra MasterPiece Version.(a boy has the right to dream).

As for the price of this guy, again I think the lack of Die-Cast alone should reduce his cost as I've stated. But I don't blame the Ebayers, they'll always gauge you. But shame on the online stores!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sat May 05, 2007 7:55 pm

Duo Prime wrote:Is there no die-cast at all?

Just the feet, and even they feel like foil covered plastic this thing has no weight to it what so ever!

Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby YouFearGalvatron » Sun May 06, 2007 12:40 am

Emperor Primacron the 1st wrote:So, does this mean they are gonna **** us over with G1 Megatrons, Brownings and give them the faggy orange cap as well?

I wonder what Yahoo! auctions are up to these days.....

Good prediction.
YouFearGalvatron

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers STORMBRINGER #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2006 2B (W) Furman (A/CA) Figueroa"
Transformers STORM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222U"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #5 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220491 14B (CA) Chi"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1A 0623IM807 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 0224IM322 8C (CA) Araújo +O’Halloran"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS II #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 5RI (CA) Maher 230301B"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #19 RI IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 19RI JAN200700 (CA) Williams II"
TRANSFORMERS #19 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #24 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 240210D"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B GI JOE 0124IM248 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr B Imag ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON