This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers News from Toyfair 2009!!!!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers News from Toyfair 2009!!!!

Postby Gandalf » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:07 am

Motto: "Not all those who wander are lost."
Weapon: Sword
I am so very ecstatic to see a good Arcee figure. And as a car. This is one important step closer to getting a true, G1 Arcee in the Universe line. Wow.

Everything else is pretty underwhelming.

And Devastator.....:lol:

Devastator or not, that is one of the the ugliest, biggest wastes of plastic I've ever seen.
Gandalf
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:08 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Leader Prime looks good as does Soundwave, dirtboss, knockout, & rollbar the rest look like gobots. Worse than the first movie figures i think. Except Strascream. He looks alot better but im renaming him again. Arcee looks great. About damn time they mad a real figure for her. I cant believe they gave animated Soundwave a frakin keytar. He already looks retarded enough now you have to twist the knife and give him that? I dont care if its Ratbat it still sucks. And of coarse its Soundwave so ill have to buy it. Damn you hasro. Universe Legends are a win. Looks like ill be adding another Hot Rod (or 3) to my collection. The RPMS i dont get. Yeah ill get Barricade since its Barricade but i dont see the point other than money for hasbro And possibly display options. Use the RPM to show alt mode rather than spending money on a 2nd or 3rd figure. The remote control prime is a cool idea. Would be better if it transformed but still cool. Devastator is an epic fail no matter how you look at it. Sideswipe looks cool but he looks to much like a generic anime robot rather than a Transformer. But that seems to be the theme of the movie other than smashing dreams and wheeled feet. Ill get him but once again rename. Thank you hasbro looks like ill be saving alot of money this year. Yeah right, knowing me ill go through withdrawl from not buying TF figures and buy all the crap i dont want. Well adds value to my ever growing collection. And i can pass them off as gobots or anime robots.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Giant Purple Griffin » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:25 am

Motto: "Beware of my hair!"
Weapon: Photon Lasers
There is no way this can be $100 toy:

For 100 bucks you can get three real voyagers and 4 real deluxes. Shoot, even with the new prices you can ger more than 2 real voyagers and 4 real deluxes...

The individual vehicles look more like FABs too--maybe this is FAB Devastator!

Sigh...I guess there is still the smallest smidgeon of hope that's not it, but oh well... :(
Haslab, please make me.
Giant Purple Griffin
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Kuribohfett » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:44 am

I don't know, rounding up, four 13 dollar deluxes and two 23 dollar voyagers equals 98 bucks. It's about even. I suppose one could argue the lack of robot modes takes away from that, but like I said, maybe it does something more. Demolisher is a pretty big centerpiece.
Image>
Kuribohfett
Mini-Con

Postby Supreme Convoy » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:50 am

You know, Devastator is slowly winning me over.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby Omega Charge » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:53 am

Motto: "Nothing. What's the motto with you?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Supreme Convoy wrote:You know, Devastator is slowly winning me over.

Me too...

How awesome would it be to have this guy set up with the rest of your movie toys? I think the toy looks very cool, but I just can't visualize paying 100 dollars for it. But if the price drops, it's probably mine.

Can't wait for these toys to hit shelves.
Omega Charge
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 7
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 6

Postby DavidT » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:58 am

Motto: ""Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us At A Moment Of Our Choosing""
I think movie Devastators popularity will increase after everyone sees him in the movie. You know he's gonna be badass on screen.

CHECK OUT MY EBAY AUCTIONS Aug. 7 - Aug. 12, 2012: Davidalan26
http://myworld.ebay.com/davidalan26

Check Out My Collection- Updated Sept. 15, 2011: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18265

DavidT
Brainmaster
News Credits: 88
Buy from DavidT on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Kibble » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:05 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
DavidT wrote:.
I think movie Devastators popularity will increase after everyone sees him in the movie. You know he's gonna be badass on screen.

Wouldn't be shocked to see him become the Ultimate Bumblebee type fig...shelf warmer until x-mas time hits, then suddenly the hot holiday toy. But I wouldn't be shocked to see him sitting on the clearance rack either.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby cheeser82 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:19 am

Well, here's my current outlook for 2009.

Animated Soundwave w/Ratbat- Probably going to get. I like the black repaint they gave him, and the keytar Ratbat just looks too cool to pass up.

Animated Arcee- I need this. Looks like the best Arcee figure yet, in my opinion, and I've passed up every other Arcee figure that's been released in my lifetime.

Movie Devastator- Pass. That thing doesn't look too good. Maybe if it's on clearance later on in the year? But I'm probably just going to buy the individual pieces, even if they don't combine.

Movie Retools/Remolds (Optimus Prime, Starscream, Ironhide, ETC)- Pass on all. I got them from the first movie, why would I need another one that looks a little different? Although the Starscream with hands looks nice...

Movie Sideswipe- REALLY nice figure, the only Movie figure I KNOW I must get.

Move Skids/Mudflap- I think their faces are funny, but I still think the figures are great.

Movie Scouts- Awesome alt ideas! A forklift is something that definately perks my interests.

Universe Legends- Need them all. Just depends if I can ever find them. Never had too much luck with the popular Legends figures.

Bumble Spud- :lol: I can't believe they're making another one. Still, if they had to pick another character, makes sense for it to be Bumblebee. And awesome name choice.
cheeser82
Micromaster

Postby DeadPool69 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:20 am

I've got to admit, I'm....confused. Very confused about Devastator. I simply have trouble visualizing them marketing 'Does not Transform' transformers...you would really think Hasbro would have learned from the Actionmaster debacle...

That said, I have high hopes for the transforming Cons to be able to combine....somehow...even as I admit that that would make No sense. It does please me that theres no mold cloning going on...and I'm Very curious about Mixmaster. Does Dev's mouth open up as a cannon?
DeadPool69
Micromaster

Postby travicon » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:29 am

I'm not sure if it;s been done yet because i haven't read through all the pages but lets all take a sec. and give a BIG thanks to Ryan (and staff?) for going through the trouble of getting these pics for us fans! :APPLAUSE:

that being said here's my 2 cents...

im really dissipointed with most all the movie figs...
but im really happy (like a lot of you) that i'll be saving quite a chunk of change. however i would have been happy to shell out $$$ for AWESOME movie toys... i still think the movie will ROCK and i think it might even make it more enjoyable without having to worry about tracking down all the toys.

but who knows, in the end i might cave and end up collecting the whole set, only time will tell. but as for my first impressions of the movie line... Hey where the smilie of the guy throwing up?
travicon
Vehicon

Re: Transformers News from Toyfare!!!!

Postby Stormrider » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:05 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
DavidT wrote:Image

Arcee...

Electro-Static Soundwave w/ Ratbat....

Arcee looks tiny. Is she a scout class? What's up with the two hill-billy Transformers? I thought it was a joke when someone mentioned "hill-billy robots" last month. But now I see that it's no joke.

The Devastator fiasco doesn't surprise me. Hasbro probably chose to go this route just to make more money. There will be folks who will buy the Gestalt version and then spend extra money to buy the non-gestalt version just to obtain the robot modes. It's all about the all mighty dollar.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Stormrider » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:39 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
NotEnoughKibble wrote:
JayDee wrote:I'm not jumping on the Devastator bashing wagon -yet. I will be disappointed if this is the only Devastator set, but I have not seen the rest of the Constructicons in their Voyager or Deluxe version, other than Demolishor and Rampage... and those two have the possibility to turn into parts of Devastator. I remember seeing one of the first Demolishor pics and the tracks can be placed at the shoulders, similar to what this vehicle-only Devastator counterpart does. And if you look closely to Deluxe Rampage, he has enough joints to easily be transformed into Devastator's left leg (and I think he has proper feet, just mistransformed.)

If that were the case it would render the set displayed rather pointless, no? What I don't understand is why Demolishor's "bot" mode blows so majorly when it's not even a compromise for the sake of forming Devastator...

I agree - if the individual robot Constructicon toys were capable of merging together, then why wouldn't Hasbro display that during the Toy Fair event? In addition, the packages don't mention gestalt on them.

The Demolishor bot mode is very silly. I can only imagine that they are trying to make the toy true to the movie.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby An_de » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:57 am

Holy CRAP!!! Did you see ROTF Rampage??? YES, HE DOES LOOK LIKE BONECRUSHER!

My Sites...
I'm DeviantArt!
See my clips @ YouTube!

Bumblebee: "Permission to speak, sir."
Optimus Prime: "Permission granted, old friend!"
Bumblebee: "I wish to stay with the Bay."
An_de
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:01 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
:shock:
I will be waiting for a G1 redeco of that Devastator.
Why is Bonecrusher and Jazz included in that "Devastator final showdown" car set?

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: Transformers News from Toyfare!!!!

Postby rwalsh17 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:08 am

Stormrider wrote: The Devastator fiasco doesn't surprise me. Hasbro probably chose to go this route just to make more money. There will be folks who will buy the Gestalt version and then spend extra money to buy the non-gestalt version just to obtain the robot modes. It's all about the all mighty dollar.

Finally! Someone gets it! This wasn't a mistake or a 'lack of engineering technology' as some have suggested -- it's just old fashioned greed. Hasbro has played us for 25 years now, and they're getting craftier at separating us from our money with each successive toyline. The only reason for Hasbro to make two versions of Devastator is a sneaky attempt to make more money.

C'mon, let's be honest, we justify buying the same piece of plastic THREE TIMES simply because the toy is colored differently (i.e. Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker). That doesn't sound like good judgment to me, but I fall for it nevertheless. Hasbro is at the top of its game when it comes to doubling (or tripling) their money off of one product.

Frankly, this Devastator business is a little bit too far for me, though. Once they start selling us non-transforming figures from a toyline called 'Transformers,' you gotta take a step back and look at what they're handing us. As someone mentioned before, 'Robot Replicas' were shelfwarmers last time around, and I have a feeling that history will repeat itself there. Remember the last time Hasbro 'jumped the shark' with non-transforming bots? We witnessed the end of the G1 era with Action Masters! It took years for the line to recover!

I actually like the new Devastator mold, but I sure as hell won't spend $100 on a gestalt without individual robot modes, especially since it's highly likely that Hasbro will release an 'ultimate' Devastator edition sometime in the near future with fully transforming bots that combine, too. Look, if Hasbro could make fully converting gestalts happen in 1985, why can't they make it happen now? (and on a bigger scale to work with, no less...) I love the look of the new movie figs (Sideswipe and revamped Starscream are bitchin'!), but I'm not gonna fall for Hasbro's hocus pocus with the Devastator thing this time.

On that note, I truly hope that everybody who partakes in the Devy giftset is happy with their purchase and doesn't regret spending the money, but I have a distinct feeling that I'll be much more satisfied spending $12.99 on Sideswipe than $100.00 on an alt-mode only Devastator.

Let's hope ROTF kicks some butt!!! :D
rwalsh17
Mini-Con

Postby Trikeboy » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:15 am

Am I the only one that really likes Devastator (Combiner not Power Ranger version)? We know that the deluxe size have robot modes, or at least Rampage. Not sure how much I would pay for it though. I would probably but them seperately to spread the cost a bit. Who wants to bet Breakaway will not make it to the movie?
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby decepticon legion » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:30 am

Motto: "Use your tongue!!!"
OK, this Devastator is an uber-epic-fail for me. What I don't get is> the transforming voyager red constructicon is called Demolishor here, while the non-transforming torso part has SCVNGR sign on him? Can anybody please explain?
My titaniums have to go. Check my ebay account (currently selling G1 Rodimus Prime, G1 Scourge and Optimal Optimus...)
decepticon legion
Micromaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from decepticon legion on eBay
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10+

Postby shadowtyger00 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:32 am

This is the super big secret hasbro was protecting from the media and people????!!!!Looks like the hot air is out of the bag man.

Kids bought a combiner instead of a power ranger megazord or voltron robot because they wanted more than just 1 big figure. The movie devastator is such a letdown. Dudes come on. It looks nice but wnat the heck is going on? Kids might buy devastator but for its size I think its gonna be pricy anyway. If its a question of articulation, I don't think this figure is anymore flexible than a normal combiner. Is someone gonna pose him like he's doin a sommersalt or handstand? Look at the RID,beastwars and energon combiners.Were they that difficult to make?

What's up with the twins? When they reformated to earth vehicles they happened to see picasso's art and decided to look like it? Or like bumblebee lost his voice fighting meatron in the prequel comic did megatron knock their heads together or with a shovle for them to look like that?Or did hasbro hire people who were severely myopic to design the heads?

Overall I think that What are the guys in hasbro doing? Are they trying to do bad designs so that we would save money over the economical crisis?I guess this is what you get from a company doing coporate restructing before an economical crisis.Minimum manpower + maximum hours = alot of nothing.
shadowtyger00
Mini-Con

Postby astig » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:41 am

hi guys! i know everyone's been talking about devastator and how awesome this guy is but are there any ideas on size of the human alliance figures? is it voyager or deluxe size?...im more interesteed on the bumblebee one. thanks! :grin:
"BUMBLEBEE, STOP LUBRICATING THE MAN!"

http://3niteam.deviantart.com/
astig
Minibot

Postby DMSL » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:15 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Ugh Devastator looks like crap, look at those tiny legs.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Skill: 7

Postby DMSL » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:21 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
I hope the normal Constructicon figures (deluxe and voyager) are able to combine into Devastator. I don't like buying those and having to buy another set that is only vehicle modes and that CAN form Devastator. That just defeats the whole purpose of the Transformers toyline.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Loose » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:54 am

devastator sure is huge, but I should reallly consider if it worth purchasing.
good poseability,no loose joint or connection whatsoever than I might get it..
Loose
Mini-Con

Postby Sur_G » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:01 am

Has anyone seen the amazing likeness of Sideswipe to BW Depthcharge, both his body and head have a lot of inspiration of BW Depthcharge. I think this of him being a Stingray car and all.

Sideswipe:

Depthcharge:
Last edited by Sur_G on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sur_G
Mini-Con

Postby Fananga » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:13 am

I was tempted by Dev but if i wanted a Megazord (and i AM talking about the combining version) there are better more experienced models being made by the Power Rangers im afraid.
Iron Man, Iron Man, Does whatever an Iron can!
Fananga
Minibot

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-37 Core Class G1 Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETRITUS Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Hasbro 2023 New"
DETRITUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRANKCASE Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
CRANKCASE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TL-58 SILVERBOLT Transformers Legacy United Voyager Beast Wars Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
TL-58 SILVERBOLT T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON