This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images

Postby Stormrider » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:51 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
ACToys has images from the new Transformers Generations book.. The book features new and older toys along with artwork and concept drawings. A coupon is included for the mail away figure – Henkei Mirage Electrodisruptor version, as was reported here earlier. Transformers Generations will be released in Japan tomorrow.

To see more, click here.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Re: Transformers Generations vol 1 - Images

Postby Diem » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:14 am

Hell yeah. Gotta get this.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby Narc » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:07 am

I wish they had an English version (with Electro Disruptor Ligier of course).

Oh my aching wallet! :sad:
Narc
Combiner
News Credits: 7

Postby typh0id » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:23 am

How much is this thing again?

And filling out that order form should be fun :P
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
typh0id
Brainmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:40 am

The book itself shouldn't cost you more than 30$, but as I understand it, you can't order the special Ligier outside of Japan, which is why BBTS has it set up to be able to get the Ligier. Iffin' I wasn't so pressed for cash, I'd be getting the set with that Ligier, but as is I don't even know if I can afford the book... and the book looks nice, but doesn't seem to have as much concept art in it as I would have liked. I think it all depends on how cheap I can get the book alone for...
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Firebird » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:09 pm

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
The book looks really nice.

I wonder if it will ever get an American release and be translated into English.
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:59 pm

Firebird wrote:The book looks really nice.

I wonder if it will ever get an American release and be translated into English.

Highly, highly unlikely.
Much of the product featured in the book with be Jaopanese only releases.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Firebird » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:00 pm

NuclearConvoy wrote:
Firebird wrote:The book looks really nice.

Highly, highly unlikely.
Much of the product featured in the book with be Jaopanese only releases.

Oh well.

Guess its time to start learning Japanese then :P
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
Firebird
Godmaster

Postby Supreme Convoy » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:03 pm

Couldn't find much info on this book... is it a reprint of Transformers Generations that came out years ago?
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby Stormrider » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:57 pm

Supreme Convoy wrote:Couldn't find much info on this book... is it a reprint of Transformers Generations that came out years ago?

I believe it's a completely new book because the pages that were shown are all new.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Diem » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:31 am

Bollocks, my local shop didn't have it. Need to keep searching.
Diem
City Commander

Postby MysticKnight » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:17 am

Yeah, umm..I wouldn't recommend going to that site, I went there just out of curiosity, making a new window from the "Here" link and bam my Mcafee SiteAdvisor turned red, meaning bad, not good. Yellow is caution, like adware or spyware, red, can be much worse, so as usual I don't stick around, I click on X to get the F out of there..
MysticKnight
Mini-Con

Postby Stormrider » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:05 am

I just got the book. It is very cool. It basically begins where the Japanese Transformers Collection book left off 2 years ago (for reference http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Collection-2007-Action-Toy-Guide-Art-Book_W0QQitemZ280311048310QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item280311048310&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318) . It is similar in style and quality as the former. Lots of detailed pictures showing numerous angles and gimmicks for each bot printed on high quality paper.

There are 100 pages. Each robot gets 1-4 pages. The book covers all of the Henkei figures and nicely includes a frame for each Hasbro version for comparison. The only Henkei not included were Red Alert, Smokescreen, and the Minibots (they'll probably be in volume 2).

For Binaltechs & Masterpiece it has: Arcee, Blue Streak, Argent Meister, Convoy, MP US Edition Starscream, MP Thundercracker, and Grimlock. The details of Grimlock are very cool and include the transformation process. Sorry...can't give away secrets.

For Encore, the book covers from Ironhide through Hoist. (Optimus, Megatron, Starscream, and Soundwave were covered in the Transformers Collection). The cassettes and Bruticus were not included, but will probably be in the next volume.

For the miscellenious figures you'll see - Mickey Mouse, Music Label Soundblaster & Exile Label Convoy, along with all the exclusives for the past two years.

Now for the fun part. The reason why this book is called "generations" is because it spans all 25 years ("Generations" is also the campaign name used on Takara Transformers website). Volume 1 gives us an in depth view of all the G1 Optimus Primes ever made (legitimately). Eight pages of Takara & Hasbro Primes showing all the large and small variations between each. There must be 20 Primes shown. I would imagine that the next volume will do something similar, perhaps with a different figure.

The other cool feature of this book is the concept art. Some very interesting, old, and outlandish artwork has been pulled from some dusty archive hidden below Takara's HQ. There are drawings of Powered Convoy (Ultra Magnus). But the armor shown is more similar to the Go-Bot power suits than to the G1 figure. For example, motorcycles are used for the arms and legs. Some other cool drawings include Prime's trailer transforming into a combat vehicle, and Prime himself had a different transformation and head (very Victory looking).

I highly recommend this book if you are into concept art and like referencing Japanese figures from numerous angles.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Diem » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:24 pm

DAMN YOU STORMY!!! :P

Which book shop did you get this from? If I don't find it today I'll be most miffed. Also, how much is the Ligier mail away?
Diem
City Commander

Postby NuclearConvoy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Damn, Stormrider, now I really want both of those books (like my desire for the original Generation Deluxe isnt frustrating enough...). But, dammit, I'm so broke...
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Stormrider » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:26 pm

Diem wrote:DAMN YOU STORMY!!! :P

Which book shop did you get this from? If I don't find it today I'll be most miffed. Also, how much is the Ligier mail away?

I just went to a small local bookstore in my area that carries the hobby magazines. Geo sometimes carries hobby books, you might want to check there.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Firebird » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:29 pm

Stormrider thanks for the summary.

Does the book mention anything about the Alternity line?
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
Firebird
Godmaster

Postby Stormrider » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:39 pm

Yes, it does cover Optimus Prime Alternity in a lot of detail - 9 pages, with additional pages with prototype pics. Alternity Megs is not covered.

The Lieger exclusive figure is Y4,500. Or, (2) for Y8,400.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Rhapsodyred99 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:35 am

I have the Leiger figure on order form BBTS. I just hate to pay 30 bucks for a book I can't even read. I know thier are lots of pictures, so its pretty darn tempting. I may have to see if any are at Botcon this year so I can leaf through them.

If I can see it myself I may cave and buy one.

I'm pretty stoked about the next volume that will have the ghost of starscream as the figure. Hopefully BBTS will have the same deal there.
Rhapsodyred99
Micromaster

Postby Diem » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:37 am

FINALLY got it; had to go to Kinokuniya in Shinjuku. It's a bloody sweet book and I'm confident that non-Japanese speakers can still enjoy it. It's very pretty.

Now to order myself a couple of Rijies.

I wonder how much demand a clear Grimlock would be in for volume 3...
Diem
City Commander

Postby Diem » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:11 am

What the hell? Rijie isn't being mailed out 'til August?
Diem
City Commander

Postby Stormrider » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:50 am

FantoFan has posted some more scans from the Transformers Generations magazine.

Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Professor Smooth » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:25 am

I picked mine up at Quest. It was displayed with the hobby magazines, much like last year's TF artbook.
Professor Smooth
Headmaster
News Credits: 553

Postby Tigertrack » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:14 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Can't wait to get mine! Looks really cool. And I quite enjoy these types of collection books even if I cannot read a word from them. The images tell the story for me.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Prime Evil » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:47 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
tigertracks 24 wrote:Can't wait to get mine! Looks really cool. And I quite enjoy these types of collection books even if I cannot read a word from them. The images tell the story for me.

I agree, I get as many tf books as I can. Just to keep a nice detail of everything if I can. I just put my preorder of this book n Liger on BBTS this morning. Can't wait!!
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Legacy Evolution Core G1 Dinobots Volcanicus 2023 New"
NEW!
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD END Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
DEAD END Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-37 Core Class G1 Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WINDBLADE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Cyberverse Hasbro 2024 New"
WINDBLADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TASMANIA KID Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
TASMANIA KID Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BURN OUT Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Diaclone Deluxe 2022"
BURN OUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON