This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews

Postby i_amtrunks » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:28 pm

IDW Publishing's Editor-in-Chief has updated his blog RyallTime with 5 page previews for Maximum Dinobots #3 and Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Movie prequel: Alliance #3, both issues to be released this week.

Both previews include both covers, as well as 5 pages of interior Art.

Maximum Dinobots #3 continues to Follow Grimlock as he battles against Scorponok and the Machination. Written by long time Transformers Scribe Simon Furman, with Nick Roche on Art duties.

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Movie prequel: Alliance #3 chronicles the events that occur in the gap between the first and second live action movie. Penned by Chris Mowry, with Alex Milne on art duties.

To check out the 5 page previews, follow the links from RyallTime, or to view the Previews directly, please click here for Maximum Dinobots #3, and click here for Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Movie prequel: Alliance #3.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews

Postby Star_ling » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:32 pm

I no Dinobot fan but MD is really interesting for only 3 issues. To anyone who knows is Maximum Dinobots and All Hail Megatron in the same continuity as each other and Megatron Origins or is it TBD?
Originally Posted by Notabot
Sorry, apparently that's not allowed. You must declare whether it is the bestest figure evar or the end of Transformers as we know it, and you must do so immediately. Do not wait for actual images or facts, or you're not a REAL fan. Speculate, claim it as fact, then, if proven wrong, backpedal. There can be no other way.
Star_ling
Minibot
News Credits: 2

Postby MYoung23 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:16 pm

Star_ling wrote:I no Dinobot fan but MD is really interesting for only 3 issues. To anyone who knows is Maximum Dinobots and All Hail Megatron in the same continuity as each other and Megatron Origins or is it TBD?

Yes, they are all in continuity as of right now. MD takes place before AHM.

We all know Shockwave is going to find a way to get that bomb out of his head.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Star_ling » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:06 pm

MYoung23 wrote:
Star_ling wrote:I no Dinobot fan but MD is really interesting for only 3 issues. To anyone who knows is Maximum Dinobots and All Hail Megatron in the same continuity as each other and Megatron Origins or is it TBD?

We all know Shockwave is going to find a way to get that bomb out of his head.

Yeah but still manage to get himself killed in the remaining 3 issues. I'm 95% sure of it.
Originally Posted by Notabot
Sorry, apparently that's not allowed. You must declare whether it is the bestest figure evar or the end of Transformers as we know it, and you must do so immediately. Do not wait for actual images or facts, or you're not a REAL fan. Speculate, claim it as fact, then, if proven wrong, backpedal. There can be no other way.
Star_ling
Minibot
News Credits: 2

Postby Oilspill » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:07 am

Can't wait for the TPB (since that's when I'll read it). Loved the Cybertronian alt modes in the preview for #1 back around Christmas and looking forward to seeing Furman continue to tell stories in the universe he's built.
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 5

Postby T-Macksimus » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:58 pm

MYoung23 wrote:

I thought AHM was a 12 issue stand alone, "What If...?" series.
The events in MD seem to be congruent with the "Infiltration" thru "Devastation" series which is in continuity with the Megatron:Origins and several of the Spotlight issues.
I hope someone can help me confirm or deny 'cause I don't have the time to go through all of those back issues and my headache isn't going to allow me to focus on the print anyway. :P
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby i_amtrunks » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:56 pm

According to IDW Max Dino's and AHM are both in full continuity with all the "-tion" books, Stormbringer and Megatron Origins.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:49 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Anybody else find their local comic shops didn't get any of the IDW they were supposed to this week? I was quite frustrated.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:30 am

i_amtrunks wrote:According to IDW Max Dino's and AHM are both in full continuity with all the "-tion" books, Stormbringer and Megatron Origins.

Thanks for getting my curiosity up. I finally pulled out my collection and sure enough, I had missed the little box at the bottom on AHM#1 where it said "One year later". I appreciate being pointed back in the right direction. :grin:
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Energon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:36 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:Anybody else find their local comic shops didn't get any of the IDW they were supposed to this week? I was quite frustrated.

According to the IDW forums, one of the three Diamond distributors did not get their shipment in time to get them out this week.
Energon
Targetmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby Firebird » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:38 pm

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
Energon wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:Anybody else find their local comic shops didn't get any of the IDW they were supposed to this week? I was quite frustrated.

According to the IDW forums, one of the three Diamond distributors did not get their shipment in time to get them out this week.

Must have been the center that delivers to the North East.

My shop said they will be getting the book in next week. :-(
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:12 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Firebird wrote:
Energon wrote:

Yeah me too. I got a little rude with the clerk, because I know that they were supposed to come out. I had to apologize, and eat crow... Damn Diamond... I mean I can wait, it was just inconvenient and caused me to take issue with a person who did not need it taken with them.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:30 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Firebird wrote:
Energon wrote:

Yeah me too. I got a little rude with the clerk, because I know that they were supposed to come out. I had to apologize, and eat crow... Damn Diamond... I mean I can wait, it was just inconvenient and caused me to take issue with a person who did not need it taken with them.

I'm still waiting for Max Dinos #2 and Ghost Busters the other side #3 and #4 :MAD:
I still get AHM which makes me even more mad as I hate that and want to read the other stuff. I am so done with this **** hole of a comic publisher.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Energon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:35 am

Dead Metal wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Firebird wrote:
Energon wrote:

I'm still waiting for Max Dinos #2 and Ghost Busters the other side #3 and #4 :MAD:
I still get AHM which makes me even more mad as I hate that and want to read the other stuff. I am so done with this **** hole of a comic publisher.

I hated to quote all that, but it is relevant. There was a problem with distributing Max Dino's 2 and that was due to the issue being sold out and individual comic book stores not pre-ordering and when they did order some found their order not filled. There is almost enough orders to do a second printing of MD2 according to the IDW forums.

I would blame possibly a late trucker who may or may not be employed by Diamond for the most recent problem.

Anyway, with the treatment of the Revelations series and the subsequent need for a Patch called Coda (Why couldn't have AHM just been a different series altogher), I am totally done with IDW at the end of Max Dino's. I expected Max Dinos to be nice and paced like Infiltration, but it turns out to be a condensed wrap up just like the 4 part revelation/expansion was and is not what I want to read.

I think AHM is just awful.
Energon
Targetmaster

Postby Firebird » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:29 am

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
Yea, I agree that it kinda sucks that Max Dinos is a wrap-up. But at least the art is really good! :D

And I also agree with you Energon about AHM. Coda might as well be called AHM Retcon.
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby Energon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:19 pm

[quote="Firebird"]Yea, I agree that it kinda sucks that Max Dinos is a wrap-up. But at least the art is really good! :D

quote]

Nick Roches art is great and I appreciate that Simon was trying to finish up a few loose ends for us and not leave us hanging. It is IDW that I blame for him having to do that.

Oh well, I have already moved on to other stuff.
Energon
Targetmaster

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:51 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
The problem with comic the excuse with the comic book stores not ordering in time is, my comic book store ordered that issue 2 months before it was released like every import comic.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON