This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro appearance Grimlock Helmet on ebay

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Hasbro appearance Grimlock Helmet on ebay

Postby Dysaan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Letting those interested know that two original Hasbro pieces to promo appearance costumes are on auction at ebay. The two helmets are GRIMLOCK & KICKBACK<P> TRANSFORMERS GRIMLOCK Authentic HASBRO Appearance Mask (380105075567)<p> TRANSFORMERS KICK BACK Authentic HASBRO Appearance Mask (380105075568)<p>
[url] TRANSFORMERS GRIMLOCK Authentic HASBRO Appearance Mask
[/url]
Last edited by Dysaan on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dysaan
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Re: Hasbro appearance Grimlock Helmet on ebay

Postby typh0id » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:06 pm

Some links would be super awesome...
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
typh0id
Brainmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby Dysaan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:22 pm

Not sure ( obviously ) how to put a link in on this forum but the item numbers are there and the website is http://www.ebay.com . A search should yield the item easily.
Dysaan
Mini-Con

Postby typh0id » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:40 pm

Dysaan wrote:Not sure ( obviously ) how to put a link in on this forum but the item numbers are there and the website is http://www.ebay.com . A search should yield the item easily.

Just hit the URL button when making a post and then cut and past your link in between the [ URL] and [/URL ].
----------
typh0id
Brainmaster
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Hasbro promothinal Helmets on ebay.

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:40 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Every now and then ebay auction bring us hilarious things that claim to be something they are not and then there are those rare times that ebay auctions show us something that we have ether forgotten or never heard off and would never have known existed. This could be one of those times that we get to see something that we would never have known of it's existence.
A seller on ebay is currently auctioning off two helmets that he claims are part of costumes Hasbro used at live events to promote their products in the 80's.
He has two up for auction:
Grimlock

Kickback

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:19 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
I love that Grimlock helmet but the Kickback helmet kinda sucks.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Blozor » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:49 am

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
Looking at the Grimlock helmet, I realize how easily they could make something like that as a motorcycle helmet. If they could reinforce it and give it a little more visibility, it would be awesome. Pretty much any Transformer face with a visor could do it. Jazz and Bombshell too.
Blozor
Combiner
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby emeraldbeacon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:57 am

Not feeling that Kickback... but that Grimlock helm is beyond awesome. :)
emeraldbeacon
Combiner
News Credits: 5

Postby dragons » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:44 am

kickback need to do something with the front that glittery foil alumunnu typ stuff doesnt look like kick back should have painted it silver or grey not flashy alunmun go grimlock looks great
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Firebird » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:24 am

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
emeraldbeacon wrote:Not feeling that Kickback... but that Grimlock helm is beyond awesome. :)

Agreed.

But I wonder what happened to the rest of the costume?
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby typh0id » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:26 am

Firebird wrote:But I wonder what happened to the rest of the costume?

The rest of the costume was just Hawaian shorts, flip-flops, and an "<-- I'm with Stupid" t-shirt :P
----------
typh0id
Brainmaster
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby Tatsu » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:21 pm

I was at a show where they had the Grimlock costume...

ImageImage

It was pretty lame. Grimlock, Spike and some alien girl or whatever. Grimlock never spoke.
Tatsu
Mini-Con

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:44 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
The Kickback one looks home made but the Grimlock one looks professionally done. Hey hasbro heres a new idea for ya. You already made movie ones so why not make ones from other series too? Im sure they'd sell better.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Sky Glory of Iacon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:59 pm

Tatsu wrote:I was at a show where they had the Grimlock costume...

ImageImage

It was pretty lame. Grimlock, Spike and some alien girl or whatever. Grimlock never spoke.

Well can ya please at least explain why Spike was with an alien girl at a haunted house with Grimlock?

Sky Glory of Iacon
Fuzor

Postby Tatsu » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:13 pm

I would if I could, but I can't remember. All I remember is that nothing beyond Spike being dressed right and the guy in the Grimlock suit resembled anything like what we would think of as a Transformers story. They could've substituted any random guy & suited character into the story and it would've been the same. But when I saw Transformers on the calendar for the amusement park, I made sure that that was the day my parents took me.
Tatsu
Mini-Con

Postby Dreadwinglord » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:19 pm

The Grimlock one is cool, I don't like the Kickback one though
Dreadwinglord
Minibot

Postby Energon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:30 pm

This was one of the costumes that were part of a display at Macy's in New York prior to the 86 Movie, to promote the movie and sell toys. There are 3 costumes in this photo. Grimlock in Robot mode and Dino mode and also Starscream. I took this photo at the Tampa Comicon last year. This is a page from Jeffry Bresslauer's portfolio which he was kind enough to show to me. Jeffrey is an actor who wore each of those costumes in NY.

Jeffrey did not know what became of the costumes.

Sorry for the poor copy.

Energon
Targetmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby Riotflea » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:59 pm

Lol. These are both hideous in their own ways (oh, poor Kickback!) and yet both awesome in their own ways too.

The head shapes are at least pretty faithful!

Before the pics came up, I was expecting this to be Jazz and Skywarp, as I remember quite vividly their appearance being on a commercial for some store (Toys R Us, I think). The commercial even ended with Jazz on the left and Skywarp on the right (costumed people, not cartoons) waving towards the camera and acting like every idiot paid to wear a character costume acts lol. "This weekend, meet the Transformers!"
Wow! Awesome! ...But my parents didn't take me.
V__V

I lived in the Delaware Valley of PA, so the appearance could've been anywhere from the Lehigh Valley Mall, Montgomeryville, Philadelphia... ANYWHERE around there.

They were GOOD costumes too... not giant, oversized monstrosities.
Riotflea
Headmaster Jr

Postby Yeti » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:39 pm

Wow, make Grimlocks Visor gold and the rest of him grean and you have the Masterchief! I wonder what the AC cord thing is for? Maybe his visor lights up?
Yeti
Micromaster
News Credits: 5

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:38 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Energon wrote:Sorry for the poor copy.

Sorry nothin!

Thanks for showing us it wasn't all smoke and bullshit.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:20 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Energon wrote:This was one of the costumes that were part of a display at Macy's in New York prior to the 86 Movie, to promote the movie and sell toys. There are 3 costumes in this photo. Grimlock in Robot mode and Dino mode and also Starscream. I took this photo at the Tampa Comicon last year. This is a page from Jeffry Bresslauer's portfolio which he was kind enough to show to me. Jeffrey is an actor who wore each of those costumes in NY.

Jeffrey did not know what became of the costumes.

Sorry for the poor copy.

Dude if you could provide us with better copies, they would be like gold to us over at http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page!

We have a similar article for that stuff here
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Prizes_in_Disguise

Those images of yourse and the ebay ones could provide us with enough to make a new article concerning costumes! :D

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby relentless » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:06 am

HEY! i actually have pictures with that Grimlock! also with Starscream and a couple others from when I went to Marine World Africa USA in California back in the 80s. It was like a Transformers day and I was so excited. I also got two Camshaft Omnibots from the event. i wish i could find my home movie of that day.
relentless
Mini-Con

Postby Energon » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:35 am

[quote="Dead MetalDude if you could provide us with better copies, they would be like gold to us over at http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page!

We have a similar article for that stuff here
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Prizes_in_Disguise

Those images of yourse and the ebay ones could provide us with enough to make a new article concerning costumes! :D[/quote]

I saw the actor last weekend and he provided to me the high res scan of the pics. Send me a PM and I will get them to you.
Energon
Targetmaster
News Credits: 23

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Milgrom 230915M"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 2nd ptg Cvr A Megatron Image Comics 2024 0124IM894 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #4 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926A"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Legends & Rumors 100-Page Giant IDW Comics 2021 231222D"
TRANSFORMERS '84 L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM327 5E (CA) Kerschl"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #26 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JUL210492 Ramondelli"
Transformers HALLO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr A Bitterness Image Comics 2023 1023IM898 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #68 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Turner 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers DAWN OF THE PREDACUS BotCon One-Shot IDW Comics 2016 240415A"
NEW!
Transformers DAWN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 JUN221676 4D (CA) Won"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220495 War's End 2B (CA) Deer"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM894 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #24 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 220622A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON