This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New IDW Bumblebee Mini-Series?

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

New IDW Bumblebee Mini-Series?

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:25 pm

Firstly, it should be noted that this remains solidly in the RUMOURS section, until IDW Publishing can confirm or deny it.

Comic Book resources have published an interview with comic writer and Illustrator (and owner of a brilliant name) Zander Cannon.

Whilst mostly dealing with Zander's work with Alan Moore on "Top Ten", as well as some of his other works including "The Replacement God" and "Bone Sharps, Cowboys, and Thunder Lizards", there is also a brief mention of Zander working on something Transformers related for IDW Publishing:

I'm writing a Bumblebee miniseries that spins off of a new semi-reboot of the Transformers continuity at IDW. I'm only in the process now of writing a proposal, so I can't say any more.

Bumblebee Mini-series?
Semi Reboot?

What does it all mean?

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com, as we will keep you up to date with any further developments regarding this series.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: New IDW Bumblebee Mini-Series?

Postby ashe5k » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:43 pm

Motto: "He who hesitates, is lost."
Ugh. So they're kinda sorta re-booting their own universe again?

I realize it's a rumor but there's a reason I'm only reading the movie tie-ins anymore.
ashe5k
Targetmaster
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Dr. Caelus » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:58 pm

I assume he's referring to the IDW G1 universe as a semi-reboot in and of itself. For people who haven't been immersed in it for two or three years now I'm sure that's the way it seems.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby emeraldbeacon » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:36 pm

Alternately, IDW could be trying to "get back to basics" and resolve the discrepancies between all their various series, with a partial retcon - maybe in the form of a "what really happened" story. Using Bumblebee (a major character in recent Transformers history) to do so would seem to make sense.
emeraldbeacon
Combiner
News Credits: 5

Postby King Henrik » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:56 pm

Motto: ""It doesn't matter what you ask, it's who you're asking""
Weapon: Battle Blades
Caelus wrote:I assume he's referring to the IDW G1 universe as a semi-reboot in and of itself. For people who haven't been immersed in it for two or three years now I'm sure that's the way it seems.

i have to agree with you there, i read it as he was saying it to someone who may not be aware of what idw's been doing recently. so i wouldn't freak out about idw rebooting what they've been working at for so long. but a bb mini series sounds cool, hopefully he'll have cliffjumper and his itchy trigger finger along for the ride.
King Henrik
Fuzor
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby MYoung23 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:03 pm

I think he is talking about the switch from the Furmanverse to McCarthyland.

Speaking of McCarthyland will we be getting an explaination for the alt mode downgrades in the last 4 issues of AHM?
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby typh0id » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:37 pm

I don't even care...I'll buy it :D I've loved IDW's handling of Transformers...
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
typh0id
Brainmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby Oilspill » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:33 pm

I just hope Furman can continue telling his stories and ignore what's happened in the McCarthyverse. I don't mind AHM as long as it is in it's own universe... but it seems IDW doesn't want to go that route.
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Orin_Thomas » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:38 am

One can only hope that the reboot is a wiping clean of the abomination that is AHM, a story that could have been told in roughly a third of the issues used by a writer more familiar with the source material.

As a reader of the old UK comics I know back then I was impatient when the US stories were reprinted instead of new Furman ones (I'd pretty much given up reading by the time Furman started writing the US stories).

Shane MaCarthy's work is like the final season of Babylon 5 or Galactica 1980 - stuff that I wish really didn't happen.
Orin_Thomas
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby shockticus » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:53 am

I think they should let BB have, like, a partner or something; I like the character, but I don't think he can carry an entire storyline alone...
shockticus
Vehicon

Postby Windsweeper » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:41 pm

I can think of a thousand Transformers I'd rather see get a mini series instead of Bumblebee.

I'd love to see Prowl, handled properly i.e. anyone but Furman who keeps turning him into a whiner instead of the infinitely patient and logical right hand man to Optimus Prime depicted in his tech specs and Dreamwave's MTMTE. No way can Furman's Prowl lead the Autobot army in Prime's absence. Hell. Budiansky did a great rendition of Prowl.

I grew up on Furman and loved his Marvel stuff. He's great at the epics but it's the characters and dialogue he doesn't handle well. That's why I loved Dreamwave's G1 ongoing. I just felt the writers 'got' the characters. Even McCarthy in AHM. It's always been about the characters for me. It's a millenia long, intergalactic war with a cast of thousands. It's already epic.

I've wanted to enjoy IDW's G1 and I have to a certain extent, but I'm afraid when they started off with another G1 reboot, I was soured against them.

Anyway, I apologise for once again bashing IDW. As always, I'm always ready to see what they've got next for us. So I will check out BB's series. I actually loved their Beast Wars and Hearts of Steel books. Oh and the Movie stuff and most of the Spotlights.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #67 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 210422A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM464 6A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM820 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200537 12B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 16RI (CA) Hutchison"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 4th ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM819 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 2 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Landmine Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #14 Marvel Comics 1986 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Perlin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207C"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #3 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Autobots Mini-Bot"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #23 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #41 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 231222V"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #52 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 230915V"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ARMADA #1 Dreamwave Comics DW 2002 (W) Sarracini (A/CA) Raiz"
Transformers ARMAD ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON