This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Major Plot Spoilers Regarding "Revenge of the Fallen" Reveal

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Major Plot Spoilers Regarding "Revenge of the Fallen" Reveal

Postby Darth Bombshell » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:40 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
The final issue in the "Defiance" arc of the "Revenge of the Fallen: Destiny" Movie Prequel, written by Chris Mowry with artwork by Dan Khanna and Andrew Griffith, was released in comic shops across North America today, and within its pages is information about perhaps the most significant plot spoilers yet encountered about the upcoming sequel to the 2007 live action movie, set to be released June 24th.

It goes without saying that such information is a major spoiler for the movie, so those who wish to avoid such information need to stop reading.

What follows is the information presented in the comic.

The Fallen and his "brothers" were born on a terrestrial world where the Allspark was located. They learned that the energies of the Allspark were limited, and could only be restored through the destruction of a sun. In order to help them, the Allspark created workers who would go out and search for suns that would help to fuel the Allspark. These workers were the first Cybertronians. (Among which is Jetfire.)

The Fallen decides he wants the power of the Allspark for himself, but was trapped in his sarcophacus (the ancient relic discovered by the Transformers in Defiance #1), where he is to remain until the sun harvester is located and reactivated once more.

Given the amount of information previously revealed regarding certain elements of the movie's plot, it's safe to say that those wanting a complete picture of what happens now have it.

And that the Transformers universe, as crafted by Michael Bay, will never be the same again.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Major Plot Spoilers Regarding "Revenge of the Fallen" Reveal

Postby UDA » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:50 am

Shoot the writers!!!!! The Allspark runs off of a suns energy?
UDA
Mini-Con

Postby Phenotype » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:22 pm

What did you think it ran off of? Magic?
Phenotype
Vehicon

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:53 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Well at least we know the writers were stoned or drunk......or both when they wrote the script. Such a lack luster plot point. This just proves a little more that this movie is going to suck.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:19 pm

Hmmm. Methinks SOMEONE was watching Superman the night before he scripted this thing. Ah yes, the ole yellow-sun-powered trick. :-?

I'm just sad filmmakers are so driven to copy off the pop-culture around them... when the original stories and characters are so strong, entertaining and iconic already.

I don't want a bad copy of Wally, Superman, Bionicle or Power Rangers. I want Transformers! :|
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Cliffjumper Prime » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:34 pm

Weapon: Big Cannon
I think everyone's just bitching for the sake of bitching. You're all going to see the movie anyway! Plus it's not such a bad idea... It doesn't explain everything about their past, leaving some mystique for the third, but it does give enough back story to their origins to make it interesting. it relates to the IDW G1 story of the fallen and the original 13, and raises the stakes significantly. in the first one, it was only briefly mentioned what Megatron's plan was... NOW they have a real CONSEQUENCE for failure: destruction of the sun and all surrounding planets...

the movieverse is not G1... It's not going to be G1... G1 is G1... LET IT GO already... WE ALL LIKE G1 MORE, but this is it's own interpretation, borrowing HEAVILY from G1, but being original at the same time. LET IT GO! Do you really think they're gonna do Primus, vector sigma, Unicron, and all that?
Cliffjumper Prime
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Cryosis Prime » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:08 pm

The sun harvester? That sounds... reminescent of a certain entity we like to call Unicron, or his g1 cartoon contrieved brother Tornedron
Real Vampires Burn In Sunlight - Say "No" To Twilight!
Cryosis Prime
Mini-Con

Postby cybercat » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:34 pm

In my new attempt to improve my unlikeable self, I've resolved to only post positive and happy things.

I actually liked this issue. I totally see where others are coming from with this 'recycled' idea, though. As a medievalist, I suppose I'm just more used to this sort of borrowing than a modern audience, and there's a kind of niftiness in seeing the same notes played to make a different song.

The art was good (come on, even you haters, admit it!).

The only quibble (not a gripe, because that's the old and crabby 'kitty and I'm new and improved) is that it works as a movie prequel, yeah, but it kinda seemed to me like it could *also* have been the prequel to the 2007 movie! There isn't much, well, anything, in this issue/series that acknowledges the first movie even happening. That doesn't mean it's a bad series, just that it doesn't really work as a 'bridge' between movie one and movie two. I suppose that's what Alliance is for, but.... That's another discussion! Or maybe, as per usual, I'm saying something stupid.

HK, appreciate my nice, dammit.
cybercat
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby primeoptimus » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:07 pm

so..

the fallen is trying to rebuild the allspark by using the energy from earth's sun?

so,who else is on the fallen's team
primeoptimus
Vehicon

Postby Down_Shift » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
OH man does it ever. I'm super happy we know what we know from #4. Makes the second movie make way more sense and lends to some good reasons.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Gurgintius Maximus » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:43 am

Getting tired of giant robot bugs and silly plot lines. It was hard to imagine worse designs after first movie but apperantly I wasn't imagining hard enough. The images I have seen of the Fallen so far are terrible and that unicycle that is part of devastator is worse. Jetfire looks like ass and what the hell is that Scalpel crap? Please someone take this franchise away from the Bay team before its too late.
Gurgintius Maximus
Fuzor

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:22 am

hellkitty wrote:The only quibble (not a gripe, because that's the old and crabby 'kitty and I'm new and improved) is that it works as a movie prequel, yeah, but it kinda seemed to me like it could *also* have been the prequel to the 2007 movie! There isn't much, well, anything, in this issue/series that acknowledges the first movie even happening. That doesn't mean it's a bad series, just that it doesn't really work as a 'bridge' between movie one and movie two. I suppose that's what Alliance is for, but.... That's another discussion! Or maybe, as per usual, I'm saying something stupid.

Defiance actually is a prequel to the first movie, in the sense that it explains how the early history of Cybertron, glimpsed in the first movie prequel comic and the film itself, relates to Revenge of the Fallen.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby Zeds » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:18 am

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Cryosis Prime wrote:The sun harvester? That sounds... reminescent of a certain entity we like to call Unicron, or his g1 cartoon contrieved brother Tornedron

That is what I was thinking as well. Not a bad plot line. I can see that the Earth is going to be threatened by The Fallen wanting to re-energize the Allspark with you guessed it our Sun. I can eat this plot line and call it a hamburger :grin: Did I tell you that I love hamburgers :grin:
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 10

Postby Dr. Caelus » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:00 am

Cryosis Prime wrote:The sun harvester? That sounds... reminescent of a certain entity we like to call Unicron, or his g1 cartoon contrieved brother Tornedron

Eh, I think that would be stretching. The harvester is just a structure/device no bigger than one of the Great Pyramids. Pretty far cry from a planet sized demigod.

gothsaurus wrote:Hmmm. Methinks SOMEONE was watching Superman the night before he scripted this thing. Ah yes, the ole yellow-sun-powered trick. :-?

It reminded me of a WH40K.

A celestial being of pure energy sustained by the life giving energy of stars, contained in a metal shell with an army of sentient living-metal robots to worship and feed it?

Very C'Tan.

Come to think of it, Movie Fallen looks a little like a Necron...
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:48 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
We already knew they were going to fire on the Sun with a weapon atop a pyramid. Remember, the coloring book told us so.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Serpent O - R » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:56 am

First, now I KNOW that Movie Jetfire is not Movie Fallen. I was wrong in my theory.

Now, the Suncrucher thing... As a G1/BW/TFA fan let me say that I think it is a great idea. That was the twist I was looking for.

So, who thinks they will actually show any of this in the Movie? You know, so it makes sense to the rest of the world?

Hold on a sec, So the tf's built the pyramids to recharge the Allspark using our sun well before the Allspark found its way to earth?

"Continuity!"
"yeah?"
"What are the odds of the Allspark ending up here through random collisions?"
"100%, sir. Remember when you said that the Allspark is sentient? The Primus?"

-- I think I'm gonna be sick.
SlyTF1 wrote:I dont understand why the hell anyone would see a movie for the story, if you want a story, go read a f*ckin book.
Serpent O - R
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby cybercat » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:11 am

Darth Bombshell wrote:
Defiance actually is a prequel to the first movie, in the sense that it explains how the early history of Cybertron, glimpsed in the first movie prequel comic and the film itself, relates to Revenge of the Fallen.

Oh, dearie me. There's all that literalism and concreteness screwing me up again. See, I thought the word PREQUEL meant story coming before as in not just information coming before but released before. How dumb of me not to realize that in this great golden post-Spielbergian age we live in, we can now release not just prequels but pre-trilogies years and years *after* an event. I guess I'm still not post-modern enough to be able to release my Kung Fu Deathgrip on linear time like y'all younger folks.

Thanks for dragging me into the modern age.
:wink:

HK, artifact.
cybercat
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Tristar » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:30 am

Hmmm, so the Allspark is just a condenced plasma energy chamber? What's the sun made of anyway oh yeah super heated plasma! Still begs the question who created the Allspark?
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Spectral Dragon wrote:I hereby declare HMW shall now be known as Heavy Metal Crack (that's HMC for short)!
Tristar
Combiner

Postby MYoung23 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:32 pm

Allspark = Sun Harvester = McGuffin
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby partholon » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Serpent O - R wrote:First, now I KNOW that Movie Jetfire is not Movie Fallen. I was wrong in my theory.

Now, the Suncrucher thing... As a G1/BW/TFA fan let me say that I think it is a great idea. That was the twist I was looking for.

So, who thinks they will actually show any of this in the Movie? You know, so it makes sense to the rest of the world?

Hold on a sec, So the tf's built the pyramids to recharge the Allspark using our sun well before the Allspark found its way to earth?

"Continuity!"
"yeah?"
"What are the odds of the Allspark ending up here through random collisions?"
"100%, sir. Remember when you said that the Allspark is sentient? The Primus?"

-- I think I'm gonna be sick.

well lets remember were only seeing a small bit of plot from the comics POV.

i presume they'll actually go into the origins of the allspark the fallen et al even more deeply in the movie. i havent read the comic (waiting for the trade) so forgive me if im wrong here but it seems to me were making assumptions that the all spark WANTS to be recharged like this. if it turnsout to be a sentient being ala primus then it could actually be quite torturous to it to know inhabited worlds are being destroyed to replenish it (lets face it theres ALOT more suns out there without planets than with them :) )for th selfish needs of its creations.

in fact if they stick with the primus/unicon relationship its a fairly good twist to have primus indirectly cause much more damage in one go, after all he's taking out entire solar systems by consuming their suns as opposed to uni's one planet at a time technique.

as to the continuity error the pyramids were only created five thousands years ago. im pretty sure in the first film they said the cube came here 10 thousand years BC so its well within the time frame

i'll be honest when i read the synopsis above my first reactions was "eh?". i KNOW were not going to get G1 . in my defense i always prefered the comic anyway. but i thoght they'd nick a bit more of the mythos which is fairly good as it is.

STILL this is one comic. ill give the movie a chance to see where it goes with it. after all i thought devestator looked like a god awfull toy when the first pics surfaced but the recent pic of it as it might look in film is much more impressive.

and hey at any rate cosmic levels of destruction are a staple of TF lore so at least this film looks like it'll have more in common with the stuff thats gone before. who knows we MIGHT even get characterisation this time :)
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:33 pm

MYoung23 wrote:Allspark = Sun Harvester = McGuffin

So? You need McGuffin's to move a plot forward.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby Ninjatron » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:38 pm

Love the possibility of the sun harvester being unicron. It wouldn't bother me if Unicron wasnt a planet sized demigod. A city sized tformer for example would be just fine.

I haven't read the book yet but I'm thinking theres a chance they will be naming the fallen's race Quintessons... I hope they do!

I just want to balance out all the G1 loyalist presence in these forums by adding:

Out with the old, I love the new mythology! Thank-you Bay! I bid for change. Twist, tweak, modernize!
Ninjatron
Minibot

Postby Down_Shift » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:33 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
hellkitty wrote:
Darth Bombshell wrote:

Oh, dearie me. There's all that literalism and concreteness screwing me up again. See, I thought the word PREQUEL meant story coming before as in not just information coming before but released before. How dumb of me not to realize that in this great golden post-Spielbergian age we live in, we can now release not just prequels but pre-trilogies years and years *after* an event. I guess I'm still not post-modern enough to be able to release my Kung Fu Deathgrip on linear time like y'all younger folks.

Thanks for dragging me into the modern age.
:wink:

HK, artifact.

Now THAT'S sarcasm! Top shelf kitty, top shelf :lol:

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230261 12E (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr Q LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney APR230465 7Q (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr Q ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #10 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUL230330 10D (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #10 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JUN231492 2A (CA) Pe (W)Chittock"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #113 Cvr C helmet Boom Studios Comics 2023 113C"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr F Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230517 5F (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr T FOC 1:10 virgin Dynamite Comics DEC237795 12T (CA) Haeser"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #118 Cvr E 1:15 Boom Studios Comics JAN240057 118E"
NEW!
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr G 1:5 virgin action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230263 12G"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230474 1B (CA) Quah"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #2 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 JUN231494 2C (CA) Woodall"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #114 Cvr E 1:25 Boom Studios Comics SEP230083 114E"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #7 Cvr E 1:25 IDW Comics SEP231300 7E (CA) Ganucheau"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #115 Cvr G FOC Boom Studios Comics OCT230080 115G"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON