This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

ROTF Preview figures found in Australia

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

ROTF Preview figures found in Australia

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu May 07, 2009 5:50 pm

The first sightings of the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen preview toys: Deluxe Bumblebee and Soundwave have been spotted(and bought) from a Target store in Wollongong, South of Sydney by OTCA member Tiby.

The figures retailed for AU$29 each.

For pictures of the confirmed sale, please click here.

The main line of Transformers ROTF figures are set for release in Australia on May 30th 2009.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: ROTF Preview figures found in Australia

Postby devil prime » Thu May 07, 2009 6:29 pm

These have better come out in the US real soon. Like this week soon.
devil prime
Minibot

Postby Narc » Thu May 07, 2009 7:43 pm

Good for them. I'm not in any hurry, except for Superion.
Narc
Combiner
News Credits: 7

Postby OmegaConvoy117 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:08 pm

haha Narc you want Superion as well? i ordered that Fansproject upgrade kit as soon as it hit preorder on BBTS, really hope its gonna make the movie version better and when it does and he comes out ill do a youtube review on him ASAP
OmegaConvoy117
Mini-Con

Postby Zeds » Thu May 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Narc wrote:Good for them. I'm not in any hurry, except for Superion.

I'm all over that set too!
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Burn » Fri May 08, 2009 2:43 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
$29 .... yay for inflation. :-(
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Dkaris » Fri May 08, 2009 3:26 am

I work in the Target store in miranda, Sydney, we found two boxes of the deluxe bumblebee and soundwave figures on Wednesday night However unlike Wollongong our manager wont let us shelve them until the 15th =[
Dkaris
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby cbe 1999 » Fri May 08, 2009 6:22 am

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE TRANSFORMERS 2 TOYS PREVIEW TOYS COME OUT IN va :?:
cbe 1999
Mini-Con

Postby Counterpunch » Fri May 08, 2009 6:53 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
cbe 1999 wrote:DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE TRANSFORMERS 2 TOYS PREVIEW TOYS COME OUT IN va :?:

You're using the shift key all wrong... :cry:
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby T-Macksimus » Fri May 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Dkaris wrote:I work in the Target store in miranda, Sydney, we found two boxes of the deluxe bumblebee and soundwave figures on Wednesday night However unlike Wollongong our manager wont let us shelve them until the 15th =[

Your Manager is asking to bring down a whole mess of trouble upon your store. Those figs aren't supposed to be placed out on the floor until the morning of the 30th or after the store closes on the 29th. If the Hasbro rep tours the store before release day and sees those figures out, said rep. could have the whole stock immediately pulled and the store could lose the right to sell ANY ROTF toys. And this was from the lips of the Hasbro rep in charge of U.S. West Coast Distribution. Doesn't matter what store, if they see it out early that store is screwed! Conversely, if they go into a store on release day and the display is not ready to go upon opening that morning, you will see some store employees moving like their jobs depend on it. The rep had Target employees in Everett hustling pretty damn fast to get their display finished and fully stocked by 8:15 a.m. on the date the first movies toys came out. I was standing right behind her at 8:05 a.m. listening to her have words with the stock team supervisor.

Since I have exchanged late night stock duties for the oppurtunity to have first crack at new stock at the local Wal-Mart, I'll probably be there on the night of the 29th/morning of the 30th so that I don't have to deal with the collectors likely to be in at 6:00 a.m. I've decided that there is at least one figure that I will buy for my kids and I, possibly 2 but beyond that everyone else can have them. (My youngest boy and I have a Soundwave collection going. Gotta maintain it) Of course I wouldn't mind waiting outside the store to see if I could...discourage :twisted: ...any potential scalpers.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Ironhide63 » Sat May 09, 2009 7:58 pm

oh good...im aussie, and this is the best news all week...maybe.
Ill definatly get Soundwave, I got bumblebee from the first movie so ill have to look at it and think about it :-? ...oh...and im definatly getting rotf Devastator :grin: ...even if the Constructicons dont have robot modes *lousy Hasbro* :evil:
When are we gonna start bustin' Deceptichops?
Ironhide63
Mini-Con

Postby i_amtrunks » Sun May 10, 2009 5:04 pm

T-Macksimus wrote:
Dkaris wrote:I work in the Target store in miranda, Sydney, we found two boxes of the deluxe bumblebee and soundwave figures on Wednesday night However unlike Wollongong our manager wont let us shelve them until the 15th =[

Your Manager is asking to bring down a whole mess of trouble upon your store. Those figs aren't supposed to be placed out on the floor until the morning of the 30th or after the store closes on the 29th.

Yet at the Aussie Toyfair, there was no embargo date on the preview figures at all, only the mainline figures, so Deluxe Soundwave and Bumblebee can be placed on shelves whenever the manager dictates...
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Dkaris » Mon May 11, 2009 2:55 am

i_amtrunks wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:

Your Manager is asking to bring down a whole mess of trouble upon your store. Those figs aren't supposed to be placed out on the floor until the morning of the 30th or after the store closes on the 29th.

Yet at the Aussie Toyfair, there was no embargo date on the preview figures at all, only the mainline figures, so Deluxe Soundwave and Bumblebee can be placed on shelves whenever the manager dictates...

I talked to staff today and a Hasbro rep was through early this morning. Apparently the figures I mentioned we found now cant be sold until the 30th, even though they PREVIEW figures. Gratz to Wollongong for ruining it for the rest of us. I don't see how our manager is bringing a mess onto us. He nor any staff put the merch on the shelves. The boxes were put back in our toy reserve.
Dkaris
Mini-Con

Postby Dkaris » Wed May 13, 2009 9:47 am

Hate to double post, I was on night fill team tonight and we put out two boxes of the Bumblebee and Optimus Prime kids dress up costumes. Hopefully moar ROTF stuff is in our dock awaiting our box cutters.
Dkaris
Mini-Con

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed May 13, 2009 5:09 pm

Dkaris wrote:Hate to double post, I was on night fill team tonight and we put out two boxes of the Bumblebee and Optimus Prime kids dress up costumes. Hopefully moar ROTF stuff is in our dock awaiting our box cutters.

Aint really a double post when there is a 3 day gap between them.

So costumes are out, means that stationary and normal clothing cannot be far behind.
I think you might be sick of stocking all the non toy ROTF gear by June...
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Dkaris » Wed May 13, 2009 11:39 pm

To be honest our transformers stock is pretty poor, we have a few universe deluxes, a couple of the voyagers, some small transformers animated figures, and a fair few of the ultimate bumblebee. I'm interested to see if our rotf preview stuff will go out tonight, or if management will oblige the hasbro rep and wait until the 30th.
Dkaris
Mini-Con

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + dgt3 key Hasbro 2006 231101A"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 190518"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERHAUL Transformers Cybertron Scout complete w/ Cyber Key s9d7 2005 231102A"
OVERHAUL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Food Premium 2002 211006A"
SMOKESCREEN Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719B"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET ACTION MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Perceptor 2002 231209A"
STREET ACTION MINI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATTLE FOR ENERGON Transformers Kre-o set Optimus Prime + Megatron 2012 New"
BATTLE FOR ENERGON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LANDMINE Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + dr94 key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
LANDMINE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRIMSTONE Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + d0h3 key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
BRIMSTONE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 210811A"
SMOKESCREEN Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PREDACON W/ SIDE BURN + SKID-Z Transformers Armada Max-Con complete 2003 231209A"
PREDACON W/ SIDE B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON