This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG

Postby First Gen » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:34 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
In a recent report by online movie ticket source Fandango, it appears that pre sales for the upcoming release of Transformers Revenge of the Fallen have been selling in a big way.

With less than two weeks to go before its June 24 release date, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is already seeing brisk ticket sales on Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination. Currently, the film represents 21% of ticket sales on Fandango (as of June 11 at 9 am PT).

According to an ongoing Fandango survey of moviegoers planning to see Transformers 2:

* 81% of respondents say Megan Fox is the one star they're most excited to see in the new movie.
* 76% say they are fans of director Michael Bay.
* 72% say the IMAX presentation of Transformers 2 will be an important part of their moviegoing experience.
* 71% of respondents are 18-34 years old; 68% are male.

"Fans are already scooping up tickets for Transformers 2's opening week showtimes, especially for the IMAX screens," says Ted Hong, Chief Marketing Officer for Fandango. "The movie is garnering some great Internet buzz, and filmgoers are clearly ready for another action-packed summer popcorn movie. With Transformers 2, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Ice Age 3, Public Enemies, Bruno, G.I. Joe and other highly-anticipated movies opening within a few weeks of each other, it looks like a banner year for the movies."

Check out the article and by your pre sale tickets by clicking here.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Revenge of the Fallen Pre Sale Tickets Selling BIG

Postby LiKwid » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:55 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
I saw this coming.. I didn't even know you could get tickets for a movie this far in advance. I got my tickets for the iMax on June 1st and then picked up a couple more for a sneak on the 22nd.. Would be funny to see ROTF outsell Terminator salvation before it even hits the screen... Eat it Mcg....
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby nemesis-prime » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:08 pm

Do I smell 1 billion world wild when all is done and taking out darknight?
nemesis-prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 12

Postby First-Aid » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:16 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Advance sales that high? Holy crap. I agree...this movie is probably going to hit the $1billion mark. I'm always hoping for a decent movie to take down that wreck that was "Titanic"...(pun intended...heh heh). Maybe this can be the one. Megan Fox is very quickly become a huge draw. And everyone loves seeing giant robots and explosions. Yes, I can VERY easily see this hitting the billion dollar mark globally. The question is, where does it stop? The U.S. opening alone is looking like $200 million.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby meshnut » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:35 am

I don't see it hitting $1 billion, and i definitely don't see it knocking titanic out of the number 1 spot, but i do see it going head to head with harry potter for the "#1 movie of the year" spot! :grin:
meshnut
Mini-Con

Postby vectorA3 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:42 am

Motto: ""You must journey back farther into the matrix for the answer...""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
i wish those damn HP movies would come out at a different time -sick of people comparing TF to HP -when there's no comparison -2 separate worlds. That constant bickering was annoying 2 yrs. ago. Anyway, I'm getting screwed by Universal in 2 ways. First, I went to pick up Imax tix for the midnight screening on the 23rd. I go all the way up the hill and walk all the way to Citywalk after parking (this is a good 15-20 min walk & half is uphill) and get to the box office. The guy goes ok, looks like we have 2 left, so I'm happy and figure the trip was worth it - wrong. The system locked him out of it and would let him sell/print anymore. When I asked why he said 'maybe b/c they expect some people to sneak in or something..' a buffer?? Wth? I was pissed, but didn't say anything. Asked him the other showtimes and got a ticket for 7p Wed. I really wanted the midnite show, the show I'm getting has a high chance of interfering with work. 2nd screw job - I put in a request for Tonight Show/Conan tickets on May 6th to see a show THIS week -picked each day in sequence as my preference. Still haven't heard a peep from them. It is based on a lottery system -and this is highly unfair, because I'm sure they've used people who requested after me. Should be first come, first serve. *^&$%^&$ AMC and *&^$%&*# Universal!!!!! So bull^&*t!!!! (to boot, on the way home from Universal, my highway exit was closed -go figure)
"So who needs you spineless plasm-heads anyway?!!" -Astrotrain
vectorA3
Brainmaster
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby nemesis-prime » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:01 am

vectorA3 wrote:i wish those damn HP movies would come out at a different time -sick of people comparing TF to HP -when there's no comparison -2 separate worlds. That constant bickering was annoying 2 yrs. ago. Anyway, I'm getting screwed by Universal in 2 ways. First, I went to pick up Imax tix for the midnight screening on the 23rd. I go all the way up the hill and walk all the way to Citywalk after parking (this is a good 15-20 min walk & half is uphill) and get to the box office. The guy goes ok, looks like we have 2 left, so I'm happy and figure the trip was worth it - wrong. The system locked him out of it and would let him sell/print anymore. When I asked why he said 'maybe b/c they expect some people to sneak in or something..' a buffer?? Wth? I was pissed, but didn't say anything. Asked him the other showtimes and got a ticket for 7p Wed. I really wanted the midnite show, the show I'm getting has a high chance of interfering with work. 2nd screw job - I put in a request for Tonight Show/Conan tickets on May 6th to see a show THIS week -picked each day in sequence as my preference. Still haven't heard a peep from them. It is based on a lottery system -and this is highly unfair, because I'm sure they've used people who requested after me. Should be first come, first serve. *^&$%^&$ AMC and *&^$%&*# Universal!!!!! So bull^&*t!!!! (to boot, on the way home from Universal, my highway exit was closed -go figure)

I got tired of people comparing those movies to. BTW Transformers is Parimount slighly different but i dont know if it is owend company.
nemesis-prime
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby King Henrik » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:16 am

Motto: ""It doesn't matter what you ask, it's who you're asking""
Weapon: Battle Blades
wait... transformers presale tickets have already accounted for 21% of all of fandango's sales for the year? is this correct? holy crap! :APPLAUSE:
King Henrik
Fuzor
News Credits: 5
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Burn » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:19 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
vectorA3 wrote:i wish those damn HP movies would come out at a different time -sick of people comparing TF to HP -when there's no comparison -2 separate worlds.

Guess they must be doing it on another site because I don't see it here and I don't see it in that news report!

But honestly, what's the big issue if people compare movies? Yeah I agree, they're two completely different movies set in two completely different worlds, but people can be fans of both and they're more than entitled to give an opinion like "I really loved Transformers 2, my heart skipped a beat when I saw Prime getting the crap kicked out of him but I found the scene where Snape kills Dumbledore to be far more emotional".

Nothing wrong with a little comparison, good for a healthy discussion! :grin:
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby vectorA3 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:54 am

Burn wrote:
vectorA3 wrote:i wish those damn HP movies would come out at a different time -sick of people comparing TF to HP -when there's no comparison -2 separate worlds.

Guess they must be doing it on another site because I don't see it here and I don't see it in that news report!

But honestly, what's the big issue if people compare movies? Yeah I agree, they're two completely different movies set in two completely different worlds, but people can be fans of both and they're more than entitled to give an opinion like "I really loved Transformers 2, my heart skipped a beat when I saw Prime getting the crap kicked out of him but I found the scene where Snape kills Dumbledore to be far more emotional".

i was referring to the arguments back in '07 when TF1 came out and HP5 was out.

Nemesis-prime, I don't understand what you wrote. Please elaborate.
vectorA3
Brainmaster

Postby Burn » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:02 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
So bringing up stuff that happened two years ago when there's been no sign of it being repeated (yet). Yep ... fair enough!

I'm not suprised at how well it's pre-selling, the first movie was big and got the attention of a LOT of people, especially the average movie-goers who have no interest in becoming part of the fandom. They saw a good movie then, they're expecting a good movie now, and they can't wait to see it either!
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby meshnut » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:41 pm

Burn wrote:

I was not comparing the movies themselves, i was only comparing them in the fact that (in my opinion at least) they have the strongest potential for the #1 box office spot for this year.

incidentally, i like both! B-)
meshnut
Mini-Con

Postby Darkstrad » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:27 pm

>>Currently, the film represents 21% of ticket sales on Fandango (as of June 11 at 9 am PT).<<

king hendrick, not the years profits, they mean 21% of tickets being sold right now.
IE, out of every 100 tickets sold 21 are for transformers-which is still pretty damn good.
Darkstrad
Mini-Con

Postby Stress » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:20 pm

Weapon: Twin Laser Cannon
:grin: :grin: :grin: i'm happy preordered my tickets :grin: and got the first 5 O_o
Stress
Micromaster
Buy from Stress on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 5

Postby nemesis-prime » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:26 pm

Is parimount studios different than universal studios or are they branches of a bigger company?
nemesis-prime
Gestalt Team Leader

Michael Bay Blog Update: Interesting Ticket Sale Statistics

Postby Blurrz » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:27 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Michael Bay's site has been updated, showing some pretty interesting stats concerning the people buying RotF tickets.

With less than two weeks to go before its June 24 release date, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is already seeing brisk ticket sales on Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination. Currently, the film represents 21% of ticket sales on Fandango (as of June 11 at 9 am PT).

According to an ongoing Fandango survey of moviegoers planning to see Transformers 2:

81% of respondents say Megan Fox is the one star they're most excited to see in the new movie.
76% say they are fans of director Michael Bay.
72% say the IMAX presentation of Transformers 2 will be an important part of their moviegoing experience.
71% of respondents are 18-34 years old; 68% are male.

"Fans are already scooping up tickets for Transformers 2's opening week showtimes, especially for the IMAX screens," says Ted Hong, Chief Marketing Officer for Fandango. "The movie is garnering some great Internet buzz, and filmgoers are clearly ready for another action-packed summer popcorn movie. With Transformers 2, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Ice Age 3, Public Enemies, Bruno, G.I. Joe and other highly-anticipated movies opening within a few weeks of each other, it looks like a banner year for the movies."

For the original post, click here.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Michael Bay Blog Update: Interesting Ticket Sale Statistics

Postby Burn » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:32 am

Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Cyber Bishop » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:06 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Topics merged.
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby T-Macksimus » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:44 am

Potters going to have his a**...er, umm... broom handed to him by this movie. I can see this one blowing all previous records out of the water. Just for the first film I was able to get 9 other people who would not have normally seen it on an opening night to join me for the midnight showing. 2 of them probably wouldn't have seen it in the theater at all but showing them some of the content online was all it took to convince them it was worth it. Now everyone is stoked once again to go see it and my ex-wife is already planning times for catching it with our kids (and me if I can kiss enough ass) at the last local Drive-In in our area.

I think History is going to have a strange twist this summer. I think we are going to witness the Titanic being sunk in a whole new way. :grin: I also don't think that the Worlds Greatest Detective and a pre-Tween wizard are going to slow the giant robot onslaught. This franchise is just too big. I don't think even another Star Wars movie could match this massive machine.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby vectorA3 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:17 am

nemesis-prime wrote:Is parimount studios different than universal studios or are they branches of a bigger company?

Paramount is owned by Viacom (who also owns MTV,CBS and a slough of cable channels).

NBC Universal is owned by GE and Vivendi. GE owns ~ 80%

Burn, trust me, the HP stalwarts will come and argue and try to rain on our parade --esp. if HP performs better at the box office. I don't care though, I'm a diehard TF fan and always will be. Not as big on HP, but will probably see it, since i've seen the others.
vectorA3
Brainmaster

Postby Obiprime » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:07 am

I can get my ticket 20 minutes before the movie starts. :)

The movie wont break any records but it will make Plenty money for part 3
Obiprime
Mini-Con

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:24 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I think it will be the #1 movie of the year, possibly with Hairy Pothead nipping at the heels. I know I will make my $50-60 contribution just like in 07.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Voyager complete AOE Hasbro 2014 221114AB"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Movie 2007 Burger King Kid's Meal Fast Food Premium 2007"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen Robot Replicas complete ROTF 2009 210930A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS (variant) Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + more 221013A"
SKIDS (variant) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Sword Slash DRIFT Transformers Age Extinction Power Attackers AOE 2014 210930A"
Sword Slash DRIFT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Revenge Fallen Robot Replicas complete ROTF 2009 210930A"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Dark Moon complete + more DOTM 2011 230427A"
ULTIMATE OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers The Last Knight Legion Class Movie TLK Hasbro New 2017"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NITRO BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM 2011 220420A"
NITRO BUMBLEBEE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Robot Heroes OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Movie Series Revenge Fallen ROTF 211023A"
Robot Heroes OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Legion Class Movie AOE 2014 New 220427A"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AD26 LOCKDOWN Transformers Age Extinction Movie Advanced deluxe Takara AOE"
AD26 LOCKDOWN Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON